I love this car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love this car!

Since the primary focus of this forum seems to be debates about how the RL needs more torque or can't run as quick to 100mph as the new M or has first-year glitches, I thought I'd start a thread for all the owners who love this car and feel great about owning it.

I've owned V-6's, V-8's, Lexuses, Audis, Infinitis, cars with Bose stereos, cars with Mark Levinson sound systems, etc., etc., and this car... without a doubt... is the best all-around!

It is smooth, quiet, handles exceptionally and feels rock solid. It has plenty of power to get me through traffic and more than enough to keep a smile on my face. Last night I was driving home and decided to floor it. When I hit @ 3000rpm, it took off like a rocket. (BTW, I've owned V-8's that were slower off the line because of gearing or drive-by-wire throttle, so a V-8 is not necessarily the key to automotive bliss.) I doubt I'll ever hit 100mph in my RL, but 80 sure feels good.

The interior is a beautifully finished as any Lexus or Audi I've ever owned, and the guages and nav graphics far surpass anything I've seen. (I especially like having the ability to switch colors on the nav screen.) The layout of the interior and the nav system is intuitive and driver-friendly, and although I wasn't crazy about the look of it when I first saw the car I now think it is modern and fresh, and it would be tough to live without it. The sound system is great for playing music from any source, and the interior is quiet enough to truly enjoy it. Technology?... amazing.

The styling is subtle and is appreciated by people who aren't just impressed by the latest fad. I especially like the look from the rear 3/4 view (with the deck spoiler ) I stopped the other night for gas and a guy in an S-Class said, "I know you just got that car. How do you like it?" He knew exactly what it was and was interested.

Anyway, I now have almost 1,400 miles on my RL since my 11/20 delivery and I love it more everyday. It seems the RL's toughest critics are those that don't actually own the car. I believe those of us who now have the good fortune to drive this wonderful automobile on a day-to-day basis appreciate the well-balanced package it offers.

Happy New Year, RL owners, and enjoy the drive!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:28 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome review!

It baffles me how anyone who owns this car could have any doubts about it.

I would give my left ___ to own one. Hopefully 2005 will be a good year
Old 12-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
As much as I like the RL, I don't think I would own one anytime soon even if I had the money. It's too big a car for my tastes, but it is a truly stunning piece of engineering and design. I applaud all the RL owners for their excellent choice.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Former Pedestrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a few gripes about my RL ... Mostly how long it takes an old fart like me to figure out the hi-tech wizardry incorporated in this amazing vehicle. As far as speed & torque goes, I didn't purchase this car for any racing ... It is more than quick enough for my taste. If I need an adrenaline rush, I uncork my big-block Corvette with enough torque to pull out tree stumps.

Comparing it to the Benz I traded in, it was less $$$ with far more features. Itz a vastly more secure feeling to drive ... That includes, ride, handling, stereo and an overwhelming sense of better build quality. The only drawback I see so far is one feature that will double in price regarding maintenance. Since by Benz had only one wiper blade, I'm afraid 2 winter blades for the RL will break the bank.

BTW- I had the dealer debadge the back of my RL ... The only emblem left was the Acura symbol directly under the spoiler. The look is much cleaner and usually getz complimentz.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 427
As far as speed & torque goes, I didn't purchase this car for any racing ... It is more than quick enough for my taste. If I need an adrenaline rush, I uncork my big-block Corvette with enough torque to pull out tree stumps.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Nice avatar 427!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Glad you love your new RL, it's an exciting car with lots of new features.

Acura has done extremely well with the 3 latest sedans, all hitting their marks perfectly. Acura has gotten back it's stride. I've been pretty critical of Acuras offerings since the Legends and I frankly didn't think Acura could do it, but they've pulled out 3 brilliant new designs in quick succession. I love the new direction.

But I drive coupes, I've had 2 Legends and 2 CLS's. I hope this means a new killer coupe soon, I'll be ready, but there's still a lot to love about my 6 Speed CLS!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dseag2
My thoughts exactly. I am thrilled everytime I drive my RL. The more I learn about its technology and features the more excited I am about owining this car!

And my other car is a 450RWH, 466RWT Cobra convertible which takes care of my need for speed!!
Old 12-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks for your review... This car is impressive...

Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

You guys summed up nicely how I feel too. I simply love the car. Perfect? No, but damn, I enjoy every minute behind the wheel. Heck, I even enjoy looking at the car in my driveway!

Different strokes for different folks, the RL just happens to be my stroke. I lucked into it.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Former Pedestrian

Originally Posted by phile
Nice avatar 427!
Thanx ... Just something to be different (or stupid). Strange how I can easily whip up an animation ... But it still have no clue about half the functions in the nav system.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Former Pedestrian

Originally Posted by 2veloce
And my other car is a 450RWH, 466RWT Cobra convertible which takes care of my need for speed!!
Mighty fine sled ... Impressive stats!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dseag2
Since the primary focus of this forum seems to be debates about how the RL needs more torque or can't run as quick to 100mph as the new M or has first-year glitches, I thought I'd start a thread for all the owners who love this car and feel great about owning it.

I've owned V-6's, V-8's, Lexuses, Audis, Infinitis, cars with Bose stereos, cars with Mark Levinson sound systems, etc., etc., and this car... without a doubt... is the best all-around!

It is smooth, quiet, handles exceptionally and feels rock solid. It has plenty of power to get me through traffic and more than enough to keep a smile on my face. Last night I was driving home and decided to floor it. When I hit @ 3000rpm, it took off like a rocket. (BTW, I've owned V-8's that were slower off the line because of gearing or drive-by-wire throttle, so a V-8 is not necessarily the key to automotive bliss.) I doubt I'll ever hit 100mph in my RL, but 80 sure feels good.

The interior is a beautifully finished as any Lexus or Audi I've ever owned, and the guages and nav graphics far surpass anything I've seen. (I especially like having the ability to switch colors on the nav screen.) The layout of the interior and the nav system is intuitive and driver-friendly, and although I wasn't crazy about the look of it when I first saw the car I now think it is modern and fresh, and it would be tough to live without it. The sound system is great for playing music from any source, and the interior is quiet enough to truly enjoy it. Technology?... amazing.

The styling is subtle and is appreciated by people who aren't just impressed by the latest fad. I especially like the look from the rear 3/4 view (with the deck spoiler ) I stopped the other night for gas and a guy in an S-Class said, "I know you just got that car. How do you like it?" He knew exactly what it was and was interested.

Anyway, I now have almost 1,400 miles on my RL since my 11/20 delivery and I love it more everyday. It seems the RL's toughest critics are those that don't actually own the car. I believe those of us who now have the good fortune to drive this wonderful automobile on a day-to-day basis appreciate the well-balanced package it offers.

Happy New Year, RL owners, and enjoy the drive!

I'm with you. I love my RL. I've gone as fast as 125 mph on it so far and the car is incredibly smooth.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Just at the Acura/Buick dealer where I leased a new LaCross for my mom. While there my TL salesman noticed my TL was dirty so he had it washed. Very good guy.

Anyway I sat in a new RL......... WOW!

If the new RL had been there 6 months ago it would be in my driveway.
I do love my TL.
Craig
Old 12-31-2004, 05:23 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Originally Posted by rllakeshore
I'm with you. I love my RL. I've gone as fast as 125 mph on it so far and the car is incredibly smooth.
125? Dude, I wish I had your balls. Well, maybe I don't. Where/when did you feel comfortable doing that? Never mind, don't give me any ideas...
Old 01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2veloce
My thoughts exactly. I am thrilled everytime I drive my RL. The more I learn about its technology and features the more excited I am about owining this car!

What's wrong with having it all like the E55 Bad Ass Benz. Why have to go home change cars, when you could just drop the wife and kids off to work and school in the sedan and haul ass all the way to the track while spanking a few corvettes along the way.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Advanced

I have a had a couple of small issues with my RL related to the nav, but I'm definitely loving every minute of sitting in it, and driving it too