How do you start your RL - VSA Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile How do you start your RL - VSA Warning Light

In troubleshooting my ongoing issue with the VSA warning light (3rd time to the dealer) I have found that if I start the car while the steering is adjusting I get the light and the VSA system is disabled. If I wait until the steering is adusted and the 2 quick beeps sound then start the car everything is normal. I can duplicate this over and over again. I was wondering how others start there car ?

BTW, I told the dealer of my test and they said that it won't help in trouble shooting the problem.

Also, of further note I got call from Acura home office on the issue. Those folks were great. After I got off the phone with them they contacted the dealer and they are now falling over backwards to get the problem fixed.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Pro

That is exactly the service we like. Another reason to report to Acura if you have problems with a service department, if we do not tell them, they cannot improve.
I have had nothing but wonderful service from my dealer in Sarasota Fl.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by rmalouin
In troubleshooting my ongoing issue with the VSA warning light (3rd time to the dealer) I have found that if I start the car while the steering is adjusting I get the light and the VSA system is disabled. If I wait until the steering is adusted and the 2 quick beeps sound then start the car everything is normal. I can duplicate this over and over again. I was wondering how others start there car ?

BTW, I told the dealer of my test and they said that it won't help in trouble shooting the problem.

Also, of further note I got call from Acura home office on the issue. Those folks were great. After I got off the phone with them they contacted the dealer and they are now falling over backwards to get the problem fixed.
Could it be a gremlin in the steering angle sensor? That is the only VSA component in the steering column.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
7th Gear

Question

Originally Posted by rmalouin

Hello,
my 2002 RL has the same damn problem . I replaced the angle sensor 3 times, still nothing, I took it to the dealer, they said yes tha'ts the problem but if they order the part and change it they do not guarantee it will get fixed. That was a shoker, So I ordered the part anyway to replace it myself and save $100 for replacement. By the way that angle sensor is a tiny round part about 3 inches diameter and costs $360. Any way, I guess I wanted to check and see if there's hope before I get the part and replace it.. What is the status on your car. Thanks good luck
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Demkhye, welcome to AZ! Your 2002 RL is a 1st generation RL and your question would be better posed in the forum for that model. Here's the link: 1G RL forum

Who knows how much the electronics have changed between the two models....
Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Racer

You can turn-off the steering wheel exit-convenience feature. I find it annoying that it moves every time I start the car so I set it where I want and just leave it there. This would be a band-aid to your problem though.

Granted, I'm not a large person so the steering wheel doesn't get in my way when exiting so if that's a concern, then disregard.