Honda Legend Grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Insult accepted

Originally Posted by jftjr
I think my point is made by your responses... the people who've threadjacked here in support of Qatar's waste of a perfectly good Acura have shown that (a) they're the "sideways-hat" crowd that's not over 25, and (b) that they think a park-bench wing and a bunch of racing stickers on an S2000 is "cool".

Maybe if you didn't spend all that money on rice toys you'd be able to afford a real car when you grew up?

Nice try, kiddies. Now go crawl back under the rocks you came from.

It's still rice.

EDIT: Oh, and some of us actually work for a living, so sorry for the slow response.

I am WAY over 25 (52 actually), I do work for a living (Mediator) and I am a self proclaimed car enthusiast. I was Competition Director of SCCA region 105 for 3+ years and have had a few cars with stickers all over them (called sponsors) and have driven cars that NEEDED that big honking wing on the back. Most of the people I know that have stickers and wings and "side-ways" hats ARE car ENTHUSIASTS. They have a fantastic time playing with their toys (which often takes significant amounts of money - therefore a job). they are not ruining a perfectly good car, they are enjoying all that it has to offer and adding their own touch. Personally I don't like loud thumping cars and being as old as i am I don't care for "side-ways" hats, but I appreciate the fact that those people enjoy life and celebrate "visibly" by stickers and wings and all other manner of self expression. Say for example grills, body panels, wheels, etc. If you think that is a small segment of the population you need should have been with me last fall at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. It is an incredible show place of custom goodies. The convention takes up all three of the buildings, all of the parking lots and then a whole additional convention is about 1/4 mile away to allow all the other vendors to show their "custom" goodies. And just to add more information, Acura was a major sponsor. Imagine that, Acura actually asking people to come and show their customized cars. Maybe they know something.

If you still feel that you made your point, then grasp the idea that all you did for me was insult me and frankly it takes a whole lot to insult me. I also think that you do a great dis-service to those of us who celebrate what enjoyment a car (any car) can bring. I've had new Hondas and Acuras going back to 1976 and each and every one of them had something unique about them, so that when someone saw "my" car they new it was me.

Lastly, it wasn't YOUR money that Qatar spent to customize HIS car so why should you care?

Ben

ps Vik, Sorry about the rant, but sometimes......
Old 04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I would also like to see you prove on JFTJR
Its probably not going to happen. He's probably just going to come back with "I'm not going to waste my time with stupid internet kids" or some other copout that people use when they don't have anything to say to being called out and realize they've been put to silence.

Mind you, this person you are claiming is a "sideways hat wearing kiddie" has come to you with intelligent and mature statements, of which he has asked you to reply. I can back up my statements, can you?

I really do have to buy a "real car" one of these days. It takes me 2 hours to find this imaginary one every day. After a hard day's work of rocket science the last thing I want to be doing is walking around aimlessly for hours.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bkw
Benush, I too had tried seeing how a modified grill would look like. Here's one I did in ps to see how it'd look with nothing, or black mesh - ala kamei for VAG cars.

Hey bkw:

I think my first attempt at a blackout grill looked similar but as I looked at it on the computer screen, the chrome on the top and bottom looked like two BIG lips to me so I decided to cover up the chrome first.

Ben
Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digitalHorizon
Its probably not going to happen. He's probably just going to come back with "I'm not going to waste my time with stupid internet kids" or some other copout that people use when they don't have anything to say to being called out and realize they've been put to silence.

Mind you, this person you are claiming is a "sideways hat wearing kiddie" has come to you with intelligent and mature statements, of which he has asked you to reply. I can back up my statements, can you?

I really do have to buy a "real car" one of these days. It takes me 2 hours to find this imaginary one every day. After a hard day's work of rocket science the last thing I want to be doing is walking around aimlessly for hours.
Feel better now? Obviously, you do.

Benush, if you're going to race a car on a track in a sponsored event, by all means put stuff on the car, I have tons of respect for that... but it has NOTHING to do with rice. On a track, a wing has a place. On a '98 CRX Del Sol, having 4' of wing at 90degrees doesnt' do anything but make the driver look like a moron. If you don't have a sponsor, putting somebody's else brand sticker on your car is pretty dumb, IHMO...and it doesn't actually convince anyone that you're driving a race car.

As to the rest of you --

Rice, to me, is when you're pretending you're something you're not, or trying to fake at performance. Qatar's ride is a perfect example -- taking a car and making it look like something it isn't, just to attract attention. Same thing with the posers who take a car and put a crappy body kit on it and "rims" and other crap that has no real performance benefit. Why? Because they think it "looks cool." Fine. You like it, you put that crap on your car -- but I'll keep pointing and laughing and taking pictures and circulating them to my friends, because I'll still say you're an idiot.

The whole tone of your posts, really, proves the point. I dare to say I think something looks stupid, and you guys all get hyper and start throwing flames around. It's all about the "look at me" factor. Didn't your mommies and daddies pay you enough attention as children? Or are you just trying to "compensate" for some other personal shortcoming?

But getting back to the real point at hand -- say what you like, but you're not going to shake my opinion that rebadging a car to make it something else that it is not, is just plain dumb. And honestly, you guys coming here and screaming about it is only reinforcing my opinion.

Would you guys condone putting VW Phaeton stickers on an Aud A8i? How about re-badging that Porsche Cayenne S as a VW? Maybe we can slap some Chrysler "Hemi" emblems on a Mercedes? Or wait, let's strip all the Mazda stuff off and replace them with blue ovals.

You wouldn't do any of that, would you? But yet it's somehow "cool" to do it to an Acura.

Hey, whatever. Have a good time. But if you guys are all so mature, how come you're so absolutely HYSTERICAL about someone criticizing this?

I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to perpetuate the flame war -- I think you're a bunch of ricers, and i'll still point and laugh at your cars.

But don't confuse me not responding again with victory, because, well, it isn't. It's just me being mature enough not to argue with idiots any further.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I'm done with this thread but I just couldn't let one thing go....

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey

Haha your so funny. To be exact I am in college right now getting an education so I can get a good job. So I have stuff to do too.
Obviously.... i'd try and pay a bit more attention in English class, because for someone who's supposedly a college sophmore, your spelling and grammar is simply atrocious.

OK. Now I'm out.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 PM
goodbye RL for now...

As to the rest of you --

Rice, to me, is when you're pretending you're something you're not, or trying to fake at performance. Qatar's ride is a perfect example -- taking a car and making it look like something it isn't, just to attract attention. Same thing with the posers who take a car and put a crappy body kit on it and "rims" and other crap that has no real performance benefit. Why? Because they think it "looks cool." Fine. You like it, you put that crap on your car -- but I'll keep pointing and laughing and taking pictures and circulating them to my friends, because I'll still say you're an idiot.
Taking a car and making it into something that it isn't? Have you not heard that the RL is the Legend? I'm not hating on you, but everyone needs to know that this forum is for everyones own tastes and opinions. If you are going to bag on his car, just don't bother. Put in the .02 but don't continue to call something out that isn't politically correct.

So, what about AMG and "M?" AMG started out as a company that in your terms, "riced" out MBs. Since then, they were bought out by MB and now are sold in their dealerships even though they are put together in a different factory. M also did the same thing. Saleen Mustangs...riced also? Cars are meant to be owned, appreciated and enjoyed. Do what you will. When you buy a house, do you rice it out too? or just leave it OEM?

The engine that MB uses is not a Chrysler Hemi. More or less, the 300c is built on the E-Class frame and the Crossfire is the older SLK. Dood...seriously...the Cayenne is based on the VW, but it isn't the same. You are totally out of line, because the Legend is the RL. PERIOD!!! Just different tags. The Legend actually even has better options than what we have to choose from in US. I would think that ones RL wouldn't be worthy of the Legend badging (not that we aren't) because of the cool options that they would be equipped yet. It's an upgrade already!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,498 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrael
Taking a car and making it into something that it isn't? Have you not heard that the RL is the Legend? I'm not hating on you, but everyone needs to know that this forum is for everyones own tastes and opinions. If you are going to bag on his car, just don't bother. Put in the .02 but don't continue to call something out that isn't politically correct.

So, what about AMG and "M?" AMG started out as a company that in your terms, "riced" out MBs. Since then, they were bought out by MB and now are sold in their dealerships even though they are put together in a different factory. M also did the same thing. Saleen Mustangs...riced also? Cars are meant to be owned, appreciated and enjoyed. Do what you will. When you buy a house, do you rice it out too? or just leave it OEM?

The engine that MB uses is not a Chrysler Hemi. More or less, the 300c is built on the E-Class frame and the Crossfire is the older SLK. Dood...seriously...the Cayenne is based on the VW, but it isn't the same. You are totally out of line, because the Legend is the RL. PERIOD!!! Just different tags. The Legend actually even has better options than what we have to choose from in US. I would think that ones RL wouldn't be worthy of the Legend badging (not that we aren't) because of the cool options that they would be equipped yet. It's an upgrade already!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:14 AM

Feel better now? Obviously, you do.

Benush, if you're going to race a car on a track in a sponsored event, by all means put stuff on the car, I have tons of respect for that... but it has NOTHING to do with rice. On a track, a wing has a place. On a '98 CRX Del Sol, having 4' of wing at 90degrees doesnt' do anything but make the driver look like a moron. If you don't have a sponsor, putting somebody's else brand sticker on your car is pretty dumb, IHMO...and it doesn't actually convince anyone that you're driving a race car.

As to the rest of you --

The whole tone of your posts, really, proves the point. I dare to say I think something looks stupid, and you guys all get hyper and start throwing flames around. It's all about the "look at me" factor. Didn't your mommies and daddies pay you enough attention as children? Or are you just trying to "compensate" for some other personal shortcoming?

But getting back to the real point at hand -- say what you like, but you're not going to shake my opinion that rebadging a car to make it something else that it is not, is just plain dumb. And honestly, you guys coming here and screaming about it is only reinforcing my opinion.

Would you guys condone putting VW Phaeton stickers on an Aud A8i? How about re-badging that Porsche Cayenne S as a VW? Maybe we can slap some Chrysler "Hemi" emblems on a Mercedes? Or wait, let's strip all the Mazda stuff off and replace them with blue ovals.

You wouldn't do any of that, would you? But yet it's somehow "cool" to do it to an Acura.

Hey, whatever. Have a good time. But if you guys are all so mature, how come you're so absolutely HYSTERICAL about someone criticizing this?

I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to perpetuate the flame war -- I think you're a bunch of ricers, and i'll still point and laugh at your cars.

But don't confuse me not responding again with victory, because, well, it isn't. It's just me being mature enough not to argue with idiots any further.
mazda to ford WTF. yeah I know they are owned by the same company and some cars share the same frame but you know what they dont have the same body panels and everything like that. also its not like ford is sold in japan and mazda is sold only in the US to raise the price and make people buy it.

Honda is the only copmany in Japan Acura is not. Acura was only made for yupity folks like you who wouldnt pay 50k for a honda. The honda that you bought has less options on it than you can get on the legend in japan for the same price man.

you really need to realise you own a honda man.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
goodbye RL for now...

http://www.honda.co.jp/LEGEND/
Old 04-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Intermediate

New Grill on Order

I'm inspired. While watching TV last night I ordered the new George Forman Grill for my '05 Celestial Silver RL. I think it will look really hot and is easy to clean up. I also ordered four 22" Dominos pizzas with the works. My wife says they will look cheezy on the car but I don't care what she thinks.
Z
Old 04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
JDM FREAK

[QUOTE=jftjr] Qatar's ride is a perfect example -- taking a car and making it look like something it isn't, just to attract attention. Same thing with the posers who take a car and put a crappy body kit on it and "rims" and other crap that has no real performance benefit. Why? Because they think it "looks cool." Fine. You like it, you put that crap on your car -- but I'll keep pointing and laughing and taking pictures and circulating them to my friends, because I'll still say you're an idiot.

Your post is an example of automotive ignorance.
I simply took my car and made it look like what its actually is, and like the guys explained, Legend is only sold in Japand and RL in the United States, Canada and Hong Kong. VW Pheaton, Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 are sold in Germany and the United states (except for Q7 which goes on sale soon). You need to get your facts straight.
You are driving something that IS OUT of its origin, because its rebadged and if you took time to look at what the Legend offers as accessories and option, you'll realise which is superior and original and might shut it.
You said in your post "QATARS RIDE" well its my ride and i'm happy with the way it looks, you go share the pictures with your friends, who supposedly have the same mentality to laugh about my car that looks close to its originality than your car. If you can't accept the RL as a lower copy of the Legend, then you might consider changing brands. My point is we care less, we would accept any criticism that is based on facts or at least acceptable personal opinion, but calling the Legend and the RL two different things is just .......
Old 04-26-2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Qatar
Qatar's ride is a perfect example -- taking a car and making it look like something it isn't, just to attract attention. Same thing with the posers who take a car and put a crappy body kit on it and "rims" and other crap that has no real performance benefit. Why? Because they think it "looks cool." Fine. You like it, you put that crap on your car -- but I'll keep pointing and laughing and taking pictures and circulating them to my friends, because I'll still say you're an idiot.

Your post is an example of automotive ignorance.
I simply took my car and made it look like what its actually is, and like the guys explained, Legend is only sold in Japand and RL in the United States, Canada and Hong Kong. VW Pheaton, Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 are sold in Germany and the United states (except for Q7 which goes on sale soon). You need to get your facts straight.
You are driving something that IS OUT of its origin, because its rebadged and if you took time to look at what the Legend offers as accessories and option, you'll realise which is superior and original and might shut it.
You said in your post "QATARS RIDE" well its my ride and i'm happy with the way it looks, you go share the pictures with your friends, who supposedly have the same mentality to laugh about my car that looks close to its originality than your car. If you can't accept the RL as a lower copy of the Legend, then you might consider changing brands. My point is we care less, we would accept any criticism that is based on facts or at least acceptable personal opinion, but calling the Legend and the RL two different things is just .......
Old 04-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Instructor

.....because I'll still say you're an idiot.

It's just me being mature enough not to argue with idiots any further.
The mediator in me keeps coming out (professional hazard I guess), but just how does calling somebody an idiot show maturity? Rhetorical question , yes. Just thought I'd give you some food for thought.

BTW you do understand that IMHO (though I thnk you wrote IHMO) the "H" stands for humble? Again, rhetorical.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

I'm back, had lots of work to do today. Gotta get me a real job one of these days, this rocket science gig isn't cutting it anymore.

Sooooo, basically, the guy that asks specific questions and responds intelligently is an "idiot," and the one who attacks others personally, makes uninformed generalizations, and insults a well-established member of the tuning community is "mature."

I think I need to re-evaluate my philosophy on life... I've had it backwards all along.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Instructor

Should this site be renamed to Hondazine? hehehe
I'm just kidding. I too love to "rice" out my American Honda Accord to what it is supposed to be in the motherland.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:35 PM
JDM FREAK

well, i think that ended our pointless argument with jftjr.
Back to our subject. I called almost every well known import shop in the US, and non could provide the inserts or know how to get it but replace the entire headlight assembly.
$2000.00 just to clear the headlight is a bit silly.
anu suggestions?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:57 PM

well, i think that ended our pointless argument with jftjr.
Back to our subject. I called almost every well known import shop in the US, and non could provide the inserts or know how to get it but replace the entire headlight assembly.
$2000.00 just to clear the headlight is a bit silly.
anu suggestions?
hey I thought the price I paid for my JDM lights was silly but then I also realised I really really really hated the orange side marker so I bought them. order them then put your factory headlights on ebay. should be able to swing about 400 a piece for them. thats what the tsx lights went for when the car first came out. i doubt there are many people selling the new RL headlights on ebay.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Intermediate

I know I'm late on this thread, but I just wanted to say that was THE MOST HILARIOUS thread I have ever read! I love how fjkjr or whatever said he hates how people add things just to look cool. I hope he goes to work in a white tshirt and boxers. Or else he'd be overdressed and trying to look cool. What an old fart.

Not a good way to make friends or get help by anyone acting like that on a car forum.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Intermediate

Oh, thats a sweet ride Qatar. "Honda" sign has gots to go though
Old 05-03-2006, 12:15 AM
JDM FREAK

thanks 6Speedy
I need to get rid of the Honda sign, but what would replace it?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:53 PM
JDM FREAK

I had a long thought, and i'm considering going to Japan and see if its possible to purchase a 06 Tech Legend with Night Vision and everything they offer which i might need. my question is, is there any difference in emission standards?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Could be difficult

I had a long thought, and i'm considering going to Japan and see if its possible to purchase a 06 Tech Legend with Night Vision and everything they offer which i might need. my question is, is there any difference in emission standards?
Qatar:
The idea sounds great, however,

It is no longer possible to import a non-US vehicle into the United States as a personal import, with two exceptions. In 1998, NHTSA granted vehicles over 25 years of age dispensation from the rules it administers, since these are presumed to be collector vehicles. It is also possible to certify the car as a third party importer, bringing in a number of cars which to spread the cost of type approval and destructive testing. The 2006 Smart car is imported in this manner.

Many years ago I was working in Seattle and Bill Gates wanted to import a specific Porsche not available in the US (I think Paul Allen was going to get one, too). Gates even offered to buy and extra one so the the NHTSA could crash it to see if it met safety standards and he was turned down.

However, if you have any friends in Canada, you "might" ask them to check into the import restrictions and then have one of them take possession in Canada and then see if you can eventually register it in the US.

I think the idea of owning an RL with NightVision and with the front mounted cameras that allow you to pull out of a driveway and see whats coming from the sides would be fantastic, but having dealt with red tape for too many years, I doubt that you will see one here in the US.

One scattered thought about finding the parts you want is to join SEMA (about $300 per year if you create your own car club) and then tap into their resources for import suppliers. A "possible" source for information "might" be CARBOY magazine, which is a Japanese JDM magazine through Yaesu Publishing Co. Ltd out of Tokyo (www.carboy.jp). Another possibility is contacting A-Cars (www.magazinebox.co.jp), they actually specialize in Japanese enthusiasts that love American cars, but they might have a source for the parts you are looking for. My last guess/shot in the dark is contacting APOLLO Communications; IMAS BLDG. 4-9-13 MOTO - ASKAUSA TAITOU-KU; Tokyo Phone is 03-5827-7730 fax 03-3845-7707 web www.apollo-pr.co.jp

I have not a single clue if any of those sources will work, but it might be a start. If any of them are willing or have the connections, you might start your own import business. Anyway, best of luck

Ben
Old 05-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benush

However, if you have any friends in Canada, you "might" ask them to check into the import restrictions and then have one of them take possession in Canada and then see if you can eventually register it in the US
This is done through the Canadian RIV (Registrar of Import Vehicles).
Old 05-09-2006, 04:27 AM
Instructor

thanks 6Speedy
I need to get rid of the Honda sign, but what would replace it?
CCColtsicehockey might like this one.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 AM
JDM FREAK

i've purchased that already, but its way too small and looks odd.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:36 AM

So you going to order the headlights soon man.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:15 PM
JDM FREAK

Yep, the headlight, steering wheels center, and brake caliper (depanding on its clearance)
Old 05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Qatar,

Check out http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h37499659 for JDM headlights.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM
JDM FREAK

Thanks bkw,
can anyone read that!!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

no, because the audi a8 and vw phaeton are not the same thing. there is no such thing as a vw cayenne s. also mercedes doesn't use hemi engines.
your whole argument is a bunch of nonsense you're pulling out of your ass.
on the other hand, an acura RL and a honda legend ARE the same car. an infiniti g35 and nissan skyline ARE the same car. i guess you're just too blind to see the difference.
nope, it's hysterical that you keep coming back for punishment since all you can do is cry "rice! rice!" with nothing to back up your horrible arguments.
good for you. you're the man!

you're the immature idiot who keeps coming back and repeating the same old crap time after time. thx for not coming back.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by GPerlInspire
CCColtsicehockey might like this one.
I took everybody's advice and took off the Honda badge and replaced it with the Mugen GPerlInspire suggested.
I'll be honest and say it looks much better.
Pic's will be posted later
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
I actually saw Qatar's car tonight at Northern VA Community College. Not bad! The grill looks better in person than in pictures. I think I would have kept the Acura emblems, though. That would have had folks wondering if Acura made a new "Legend."
Old 06-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalHorizon
Seeing as though its a $50,000 car I'm sure these guys are proportionately more ignorant and anal about their "Acura" brand name. I'm sure they already see me as inferior for owning an Acura less becoming of "I'm a rich guy but I can't afford a 7 series."

Let's see who's the first one that bites... someone will no doubt misjudge who I am, or my social or economic status... because its the internet, and, well, that's what they do on the internet.

Its not like there will be a resolution anyway, when they find out what I do they'll just come back with a "that's sad you're a ______ yet act like you do" or "you wasted your education" or "if you're a ______ why do you act like an ass/idiot/ethug?"

Its all a vicious cycle, one that will never end as long as there are uppity Honda owners somehow convincing themselves that their cars are better than lowly Hondas.

Honda Marketing Dept. = genius, for playing on all of the uppity American public that relies so much on societal perception as a sense of self worth.

ohohoh!!!! I love Mad Libs!!!!

"that's sad you're a rhino yet act like you do" or "you wasted your education" or "if you're a butt licked toad why do you act like an ass/idiot/ethug?"

Thanks Danny, needed that :0)

By the way, for all you JDM ricer fags, I am currently looking up all the stuff needed for a JDM Honda Conversion on the KB1. Except the Honda emblem...the JDM Legend does not come with one.

Any parts requests?

Marcus
Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 PM
JDM FREAK

I'm cosidering rebadging the interior of my RL, and have gotten from the shop.
JDM air bag $635CAD approx. $565USD
JDM door sills $168CAD approx. $150USD
JDM floor mats (1) $825CAD approx. $735USD
JDM floor mats (2) $665CAD approx. $593USD
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automo.../interior.html

JDM camera front $2215CAD approx. $1976USD
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automo...y/utility.html

JDM camera rear **I cant find it so I have to email to find out.**
I'm just worried about the front (side) view camera and thier compatibality with US RL, as i've noticed that the Legend DOES play DVD-V video. Also, did you notice the price of floor mats.
I'm waiting on the tech's word whether the Honda airbag will fit and function onthe RLs steering wheel. I'm ordering that
Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 AM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
JDM floor mats (1) $825CAD approx. $735USD
JDM floor mats (2) $665CAD approx. $593USD
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automo.../interior.html

!!! $735 for FLOOR MATS??!!

Also, what fx rate did you use? I got $465 for option 1 and $360 something for option 2.

For those prices, I'd fly over to Japan and pick up the Modulo accessories personally.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 AM
JDM FREAK

All the prices listed above are through an import shop
Old 09-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Where do you get the LEGEND letters?

Qatar,
Sorry if I missed it in the thread -- where were you able to get the LEGEND lettering for your "former" RL? How easily did the RL lettering come off (are there holes?), and how easily did the LEGEND lettering go on?

I used to own a '95 Legend, and now an '06 RL -- which I'd love to call the Legend once again. On the other hand, the car does bear my initials (always fun when someone thinks I personalized the floor mats).

I think your conversion is a fine idea. I think your changes make the car unique. I'm inspired already (and I think Inspire was also a JDM Honda somewhere along the way).

Rob
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by Rob144
Qatar,
Sorry if I missed it in the thread -- where were you able to get the LEGEND lettering for your "former" RL? How easily did the RL lettering come off (are there holes?), and how easily did the LEGEND lettering go on?

I used to own a '95 Legend, and now an '06 RL -- which I'd love to call the Legend once again. On the other hand, the car does bear my initials (always fun when someone thinks I personalized the floor mats).

I think your conversion is a fine idea. I think your changes make the car unique. I'm inspired already (and I think Inspire was also a JDM Honda somewhere along the way).

Rob
Rob,
I got everything through A&J racing, and the order took about 8 weeks to deliver.
PM me if you need to contact info. The process of removing the (Acura, RL) lettering didn't take more than 7 minutes. I used a blow dryer and a dentaltape (floss tool). The only letter or emblem that fills in a hole is the Acura emblem in the middle, right underneath the spolier, but the Honda Emblem fits in perfectly.
Hope i didn't miss anything. I have also converted my foglights into 6000k HID, and it made a great difference, actually the fog light is brighter than the headlight, mainly because Honda still uses 4300k. I'll post pictures once i get the car from service.

Does amyone think or know a way to have the Navi play video, because i'm determined to purchase and install the front side view camera
Old 09-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Legend Logo.

Try TVandNav2Go.com for getting DVD onto the NAV screen. Since the RL doesn't have a DVD player, how are you planning to do this conversion? I can sort of see how it works in cars with a rear entertainment system.

Do you have to add an aftermarket player to the car?

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

I have absolutely no affiliation with the company. I just happened to see a discussion thread on another forum and remembered.

By the way, your PM inbox comes back as "full".

Rob144
Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 PM
JDM FREAK

Thanks Rob,
JDM Legend uses the same audio player, which means it actually has 6 DVD changer.
I wonder if i could do the same.
My inbox is clear now

P.S
The Legend emblem comes prealigned in one protective spoung, all you have to do is peel the backing paper and stick it, no matter which way you stick it, it'll align.

Quick Reply: Honda Legend Grill