Happy New 2007 RL TECH Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy New 2007 RL TECH Owner

After hanging out with everyone here for months and posting comments and reading all your comments I finally pulled the trigger on Friday.

What a great car! I've always liked it and for the price that dealers are charging it's one of the best car values on the planet. I guess I''m a bit "Acura biased" because I've been a thrilled TL and MDX owner. Both vehicles have been fun to drive and have been trouble free. I replaced a leased TL with the RL purchase. This RL is the best car I've ever owned.

A few months ago I started the new car hunt. I seriously considered the Lexus GS 350 and Infiniti M35X. I would've been happy with either of those vehicles, but I'm so much happier with the RL.

I find the GS to have a very cramped driver's position and a ridiculously small trunk. It also sells for about $10K more than the RL with similar features. At the time XM wasn't available- not sure if it now is. The Mark Levinson sound system is a selling point and the consisitant great Lexus service. I think the RL's sound system is very good and service from my dealer is outstanding. I crossed this car off my list.

This left the Inifiniti M35X. It's been the top rated sedan in it's class per Consumer Reports for 2 straight years. I test drove it 3 times. It has a very sporty ride- much bumpier and less smooth than the RL. The cabin is very noisy and I'm not a fan of the interior. The RL's interior is so superior. To manually use the navigation you need to have the car in park. It gets about 4-5 miles mpg less than the RL. An oem wood steering wheel isn't an option and the MP3 player port doesn't integrate with the car's audio system. SWAWD is better than AWD and there's no Real Time Traffic. I know my Acura dealer has great service- the 2 Infiniti dealers service departments are unknown to me. The rear head rests don't drop down and did I say I'm not a fan of the interior?

The M has a DVD player that can work while the car's in park. I like the Bird's Eye navigation feature and the rear camera is the same one that the 7 series BMW's use. BUT, even when the RL cost about the same as the M I still liked the RL more overall. For $7K less-please, it's an absolute no brainer. We own the best car value on the planet that few people know about.

One of the reasons I like the RL so much is that it's very stealthy. People don't realize what a great luxury car it is.

I paid $41,936 for it- before taxes and registration. That included Destination and handling, splash guards installed and wheel locks. I'm using my old TL's trunk tray and all weather mats- they fit great. My dealership has a silly $198 "documentary fee"- I realize it's pure profit for them. After I made the deal I decided to have them install a faux wood steering wheel. I spoke to the service manager due to all the complaints I've read here and the install was done perfectly the first time. They charged me $599 total. There were no other charges.

I'm absolutely thrilled. I feel honored to be a now official member of this great club. Thanks to all of you for all your helpful postings!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Congrats and it's time to change your sig! You also got a reasonable price for it.

Welcome to the club!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:26 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
Congratulations!

After all that research, I’m sure you will love it more as you put the miles on.

Did they put the grommets in the tie-down holes for you?

(I’m having my dealer correct that today).
Old 03-31-2007, 07:04 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Congrats and welcome!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Congrats. I did similar comparos 7 months ago and ended up with the RL. Which NJ dealer did you go with ? I ended up with a NY Acura dealer cos they were the most aggressive on price.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats. The RL is an amazing car. You will love it.

Enjoy
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Talking

Congrats acuralvr1! Nice to see you made the purchase. Good thing I checked in while at sea!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Welcome to the fold - you will find a wealth of info here and very nice people. Enjoy your ride and show it off proudly.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 AM
5Zigen Acura RL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations! You definitely made the right choice!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Intermediate

Congrats, man!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by NJ06RL
Congrats. I did similar comparos 7 months ago and ended up with the RL. Which NJ dealer did you go with ? I ended up with a NY Acura dealer cos they were the most aggressive on price.
www.bridgewateracura.com
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Racer

Thanks everyone again! Hey, I left out another important reason to buy an RL- all of you. Have you ever gone to the Infiniti or Lexus forums? They are terrible. Very few postings and very dated information.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by acuralvr1
After hanging out with everyone here for months and posting comments and reading all your comments I finally pulled the trigger on Friday.

What a great car! I've always liked it and for the price that dealers are charging it's one of the best car values on the planet. I guess I''m a bit "Acura biased" because I've been a thrilled TL and MDX owner. Both vehicles have been fun to drive and have been trouble free. I replaced a leased TL with the RL purchase. This RL is the best car I've ever owned.

A few months ago I started the new car hunt. I seriously considered the Lexus GS 350 and Infiniti M35X. I would've been happy with either of those vehicles, but I'm so much happier with the RL.

I find the GS to have a very cramped driver's position and a ridiculously small trunk. It also sells for about $10K more than the RL with similar features. At the time XM wasn't available- not sure if it now is. The Mark Levinson sound system is a selling point and the consisitant great Lexus service. I think the RL's sound system is very good and service from my dealer is outstanding. I crossed this car off my list.

This left the Inifiniti M35X. It's been the top rated sedan in it's class per Consumer Reports for 2 straight years. I test drove it 3 times. It has a very sporty ride- much bumpier and less smooth than the RL. The cabin is very noisy and I'm not a fan of the interior. The RL's interior is so superior. To manually use the navigation you need to have the car in park. It gets about 4-5 miles mpg less than the RL. An oem wood steering wheel isn't an option and the MP3 player port doesn't integrate with the car's audio system. SWAWD is better than AWD and there's no Real Time Traffic. I know my Acura dealer has great service- the 2 Infiniti dealers service departments are unknown to me. The rear head rests don't drop down and did I say I'm not a fan of the interior?

The M has a DVD player that can work while the car's in park. I like the Bird's Eye navigation feature and the rear camera is the same one that the 7 series BMW's use. BUT, even when the RL cost about the same as the M I still liked the RL more overall. For $7K less-please, it's an absolute no brainer. We own the best car value on the planet that few people know about.

One of the reasons I like the RL so much is that it's very stealthy. People don't realize what a great luxury car it is.

I paid $41,936 for it- before taxes and registration. That included Destination and handling, splash guards installed and wheel locks. I'm using my old TL's trunk tray and all weather mats- they fit great. My dealership has a silly $198 "documentary fee"- I realize it's pure profit for them. After I made the deal I decided to have them install a faux wood steering wheel. I spoke to the service manager due to all the complaints I've read here and the install was done perfectly the first time. They charged me $599 total. There were no other charges.

I'm absolutely thrilled. I feel honored to be a now official member of this great club. Thanks to all of you for all your helpful postings!
My gosh, I think I could have wrote that... eerie! Congrats and enjoy... I will write my final chapter hopefully next week.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by acuralvr1
I live 10 minutes from there, but go to Precision Acura in Princeton. Congrats on the new car, it's a beautiful piece of machinery.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Advanced

Congrats and welcome here at acurazine and I'm sure you will enjoy your RL eevryday from now on . But for now hurry up and post some pics.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
congrats on the new car!

Regarding the doc fees, or processing fees as they call it here. Be glad you only had to pay $199 doc fees and not 299. The sales manager as much admitted that it was profit, for the owner. You can't touch it. They get $300 a car no matter what the price.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Proboscis-free zone

Another TL-to-RL convert! Congratulations on an excellent purchase. "Stealthy" indeed...one of the many things I like about OUR car. Glad you joined the club.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sab35263
Congrats and welcome here at acurazine and I'm sure you will enjoy your RL eevryday from now on . But for now hurry up and post some pics.
I'll post pics after I get back from vacation.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Happy motoring. The RL is indeed an excellent car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

And you can thank Neuronbob for keeping the forum invigorated on a day-to-day basis. Unlike in *some* of the Infiniti forums (the one I have in mind shall remain nameless), we have mods who tolerate differing viewpoints, who have interesting content to add to the discussions, and who don't beat you up if you don't demonstrate undying devotion to every aspect of the brand.

Overall, a nice online community supporting a nice owner community.