Full Nose Mask vs. Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Full Nose Mask vs. Clear Bra

Any recommendations on pros/cons of nose mask vs. clear bra ?

After reading about the botched applications of the clear bra I am inclined to go with the nose mask.

Also, I my part of the world, 90% of the highways have gravel shoulders and I would think that the nose mask would offer more protection.

any advice would be welcome.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Racer

In my opinion a nose masks detracts from the cars looks. I would never get one of those. If you live in a problem area then I recommend the clear bra.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
I had a bra on a Z28 and grit would gather at the creases and rub the paint off at the pressure points. If it rains it will go mouldy underneath and putting it on and off is a pain. Apart from that, they are a great idea!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by db22
I had a bra on a Z28 and grit would gather at the creases and rub the paint off at the pressure points. If it rains it will go mouldy underneath and putting it on and off is a pain. Apart from that, they are a great idea!
I'm unfamiliar with what product you are referring to?? I've never seen a clear bra that was removeable; I know that nose masks are removeable, but I didn't know that clear bras could be put on and off.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by msu79gt82
I'm unfamiliar with what product you are referring to?? I've never seen a clear bra that was removeable; I know that nose masks are removeable, but I didn't know that clear bras could be put on and off.
He's referring to the mask. They are also known as car bras.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by db22

I do experience the similar issues on TL. The only chance for me to put on the nose mask is when the car is cleaned. You may have to remove it and clean it after the rainy days. Also, some types of full nose masks require to insert their "fins" into the gaps among bumpers, headlight, and hood, etc. which may increase the difficulty of putting it on and the possibility of paint peeling.

For me, I should consider to have the clear-bra or the half nose mask.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Instructor

The clear bra is very expensive (not worth it in my opinion) and it looks like you have Saran Wrap on the front of your car - it has a distinctive shine to it, especially in pictures. The regular black vinyl bra is much cheaper and gives you great protection but it is a pain to put it on and take it off every time you wash your car and every time it rains. I have a regular bra for my NSX and I only use it when I'm going on a trip. I will not protect the front of my RL except for a few extra coats of Zaino which makes the bugs easier to remove.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Racer

Having had two cars with clear films applied and one of them botched, I would still go with a clear film. Just make sure you do the following:

1. Research out a company that has no complaints against it.
2. Demand to see the computer generated films for your car first.
3. Demand and see the company's liability insurance cover sheet.
4. Insist on being there to watch the installation and make sure that the installer uses industrial standard techniques (and not use any sharp cutting instrument on your car). Don't buy into the "our insurance policy doesn't allow customers in the work area" BS.
5. Don't have any custom clear film installed (such as for the doors, which are usually non computer generated).
6. Only pay by credit card which you could dispute.

Good luck
Old 05-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Intermediate

thanks for the advice

thanks everyone for your comments and advice
Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
3rd Gear

Zaino instead of Nose Mask (Bra)

Originally Posted by 1HOT NSX
The clear bra is very expensive (not worth it in my opinion) and it looks like you have Saran Wrap on the front of your car - it has a distinctive shine to it, especially in pictures. The regular black vinyl bra is much cheaper and gives you great protection but it is a pain to put it on and take it off every time you wash your car and every time it rains. I have a regular bra for my NSX and I only use it when I'm going on a trip. I will not protect the front of my RL except for a few extra coats of Zaino which makes the bugs easier to remove.
What is Zaino?

Gregory
gkorzon@americanserviceslax.com
Old 06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by grkor
What is Zaino?

Gregory
gkorzon@americanserviceslax.com
It is a polish that you apply to the paint. Better than any wax in many ways including the fact that it does not leave a residue on the rubber mouldings or other parts that collect wax's white residue. It gives an incredible shine and it is no more difficult to apply than wax - I believe it is easier to apply but many would disagree.

You can find Zaino here: www.zainostore.com