European Honda Legend and Acura RL

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:18 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question European Honda Legend and Acura RL

Hi All,

Ok I have just purchased a second hand Honda Legend from late 2007 which is same as your Acura RL 2006, few things though .. in the manual book it shows that for non EU models it has more options such as control Window setup on the multi-Information display, Also navigation menu on other models allows for memos and compass feature and finally I dont have TPMS now my question is if i want those features what would I have to change or buy ? Ecu? etc etc
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
the easy answer is to probably buy a US spec...

Real answer is to get over it and enjoy what you got.

Sign it to the owner thread and tell us just how much money you threw into it :-)
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
rtr
RL owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
so do you have headlight sprayers? or Air con seats? lol
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
where r u located?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 AM
Advanced

If you want something different, I'll trade you my N/A spec headlight housings (with amber reflectors) for your clear ones :-)
Old 03-31-2009, 06:22 AM
7th Gear

Come on guys , there must be a way on how to do it , yes I have clear headlights and headlight sprayers but only heated seats , but I will be upgrading the seats to include cooling depending on costs and I have also ordered front and rear parking sensors should arrive by next week.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
unofficial HONDA rep

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about some USDM spec headlights for your EDM headlights? I'll even throw in the nav disk ver 4.63
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
7th Gear

No Thanks your navigation is not europe and I can't / wont trade my headlights since i am under warranty, now does anyone have info on what I am asking ??
Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
with tpms, you'll have to get new sensor units in each wheels + counter weight, + receiver unit in each corner + run the line to the control unit + run it into the MID display.... LOT 'O TROUBLE!!!!!....

navi, you'll need to know someone who knows how to do programming in whatever system our Navi uses.... I believe all the functions are included in the DVD discs, just need to bring it out.... if you can do this, you can bypass the OK nag screen, etc. of all those ppl, I've only encounter one so far from the TL forum (and he is no long a member).... I did that to my TL and my TL got all the function that RL navi have and no nag screen....

ventilated seats, new set of seat from Canadian model or the new 09 model, seat + control + wiring + labor = lot of $$$.....

or you can find a bust up RL with these function and mix and try....

I'm looking for RL with i-Vtec in them.... that is such a wonderful feature:P
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
There are various US dealers that have parts info.

If you cannot get a US service manual, I think that might be the next best thing, compare the US part content to the EU part content (assuming they have similar sites) to get an idea. Here is a sample site

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp

psheu is right about the TPMS, sensor/transmitters in the wheels alone are about $140 and you have to get the receivers at each corner and wire them into the computer that drives the MID, with the hope that it has that function available, but it may be a different flash ROM altogether if TMPS was not spec'd in the EU for that year. I do not know, but I think that what you wish to do is a very expensive proposition, that may jeopardize your warranty.

I guess I am a little confused because I thought the EU Legends came with more bells and whistles than the US Spec model, including such things as CMBS/ACC, LKAS and more...

I guess another question, which I think I know the answer to...is there a UK spec that is different than EU spec Legends, because I think the tests I read were out of the UK (seeing as how I cannot read any other language than English). I guess there may the left hand right hand drive thing going on.

I understand the Legends sell in Russia as Acuras. Is that true? Would there be parts available there? I know that for the second generation Legends, people in the US were sourcing Legend parts out of Hungary to get some features that European Legends had in the early to mid 90's that were not available on US spec Legends.

Not much help, huh? But I would like to see your progress on this.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM
7th Gear

I believe it is in the flash and probrally cabling is is already there .. I assume .. , As for Acura in russia I dont really know Iam from gibraltar its a british colony next to the south of spain, well I may not put in the tpms but the navigation sounds possible and the extra control functions you guys have in the mid must be software based and I assume for EU cars (some reason unknown to me) get certain control functions locked out. In UK its right hand drive and as far as I am aware Acura is not available in europe yet.. My car isnt UK spec its actually EU spec (left hand drive) there are sometimes minor differences and your wrong the RL over there has more options , we do get nav as standard but for the cmbs/acc lkas we have to pay extra.