Chrysler 300C ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I test drove the SRT-8 before I bought the RL. The motor was a deam. The trunk was great. The styling was not for me & after having had an M3 the softer ride of the stock RL appealed to me. I must be getting old. The 300 is a bargain for being a larger car that can haul a lot for a trip, which is also getting important, because that is one of the reasons I unloaded the RL along with as you stated I felt it had one foot out the door.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Lumpy, you may be talking about me when you wonder why non-owners post here.

I owned 3 Acuras, and as such have a lot "invested" in the brand. And I'm still very interested in what goes on at Acura. Add to that the fact I got to "know" a lot of folks here and enjoy their discussions and views on cars of all kinds. And I could easily end up owning an Acura again at some point in the future.

Last but not least, this is an enthusiasts' forum, not just an owners' forum. While the discussions need to remain Acura-oriented, outsiders like me still get to weigh in. Heck, we might even have something meaningful to add sometimes (well, probably not me, but some of us! )

Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Mike_TX, nope you are most welcome here, as you are a former Acura owner and tell it like it is. I'm glad when I see a post from you because I know it's well thought out.

I'm talking about the trollers that come in and Bash any Honda\Acura product.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by lumpulus
Yeah, and with a name like "ram" you're not biased towards Chrysler?
LOL, that's a good one!

Actually my handle is short for Ram Gopalkrishnan, which, last time I checked, had more to do with a long Indian name than with a Chrysler corp. product...

And BTW, the Jeep SRT is the first Chrysler I've ever owned. (I've tried, in fact, to own a different brand every time - "so many cars, so little time". The Acura is our 3rd Honda product, which is a bit of an exception.)
Old 01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

jay matagi... =)..
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Don't taze me, bro.

Man, I love this place.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Originally Posted by lumpulus
Um, I was just responding to another poster. nothing more....If you read my first post in this thread you would see I was posting objectively, AND from personal experience.

It still makes me scratch my head why people that don't own Acuras(unless they are in the market for one) post here...I don't go to a Cadillac, BMW, MB, etc forum and post there, although I sometimes Build or price certain models on the manufacturer's sites just to see what the price will be.

Also, why would you be surprised to get people taking shots at other makes?
I think people are pretty tolerant here.

I think you just paraphrased what I said - only longer.

If you read the OP you'll see why I posted, but that might take some extra time away from defending your purchase ! You also might notice I own an Acura
Again, in the OP I threw some love because of the way everyone treated Mike when he bought the Lex. I thought it might carry over. Guess not, which I admitted above and said it was a bad idea, but you continued to post after that and lobbed the "troll" bomb.
:gheyfight:

I'm still not convinced that it's a bad idea to buy the 300C, I know the Acura will probably be better in the long run...
Old 01-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
And what makes you think I'm talking about you? (Guilty concience?) In fact I wasn't.

The reason Mike_Tx got "Love" is because he replaced his RL(and MDX) with a vehicle that no one can deny is an excellent choice and built to a highest standard...something that cannot be said for ANY Chrysler product with 100% certainty.

Personally I think it's hilarious you would even consider a 300...a BMW 5 series I could understand, but barely.

As to "defending my purchase", I couldn't care less what you think, and I've said it before....I'm not brand loyal, if someone ever makes a better all around car line than Honda\Acura that is realiable, and for a good price, I'm there.

Lastly...not trying to start a war of any kind....I'm genuinely curious why owners of other vehicles come here and post if they don't like Acuras, especially if they've never owned one.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Chrysler 300's go to bed at night and dream that they'll one day grow up to be Bentleys.

But then they wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and slash their wrists ... er, tires.

I dunno, if I were Bentley I think I'd restyle the car just so that there wouldn't be any confusion.

Of course, the funniest things are the Kias that look like parodies of Chryslers parodying Bentleys... I think it was the Amanti from about 2 years ago, which was pretty comical.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the way the 300 looks... BUT... a comedian I recently saw in Atlanta summed it up. He said, "People in the 300 think they're cool because it looks just like a Rolls Royce Phantom.... until someone in a Phantom drives up next to you"
Old 01-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

To each his own.. the exterior styling on the 300C SRT is incredible IMO, looks mean and menacing. But as far as the interior goes, it looks cheap, cheap plastics and materials especially when you compare it to the interiors of Japanese cars.

But there are definately worse cars to go purchase, If I saw a 300C SRT car coming down the street I'd definately take a second look.

cheers