All season floormats questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:06 PM
White and Nerdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All season floormats questions

Was looking at ebay for some OEM all season floormats for my 07 RL. Several ebay sellers have stated that they have either black or ivory. I have the taupe interior and was wondering if anyone has the ivory all season floormats with taupe interior and how they match up. Do the black floormats match up better???

Lastly, any tips on where to get the best deal on such?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I am looking for all weather/season floor mats also...

Have you looked at mats.com? They advertise in lot of car magazines and they seem to be a custom fit for our RL...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Asian07RL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Godwhacker
Was looking at ebay for some OEM all season floormats for my 07 RL. Several ebay sellers have stated that they have either black or ivory. I have the taupe interior and was wondering if anyone has the ivory all season floormats with taupe interior and how they match up. Do the black floormats match up better???

Lastly, any tips on where to get the best deal on such?
Black goes with any color. Get OEM mats because it fits perfectly better than after market.

I had OEM mats (black) and my 04 TL is tauge interior . My 07 RL(ebony interior) also has black OEM mats.
Got them free for both mats because I has mentioned to the saleman that most people here at acurazine got them free with the weather package.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Proboscis-free zone

Love the Acura OEM all weather mats. They keep the interior looking sharp year-round.

Had black ones in the silver/ebony TL, now have black ones in the NBP/ebony RL. I seem to recall that Acura makes them in taupe to match the light interior.

Got mine online from H and A Accessories for a decent price.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to get taupe all weather mat for my RL and it is just perfect. Wait till you find the taupe color and it's going to be worth it.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
White and Nerdy

thanks to all who responded

Most of the sellers on ebay for the OEM all weather mats are Acura dealerships, so I am kind of surprised that they only offer the two colors, unless the ivory = taupe.

I agree that the black mats would probably match ok, but would prefer the taupe.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 AM
10th Gear

Here's an option. I bought a 4-piece, all-season set of floor mats at a Sam's Club for $20. They are sturdy, fit closely enough for me (with a little trimming), and are gray (close to taupe). At that price it would give you more time to look for the real thing while the floor has temporary protection. You can toss them out when you no longer need them.
Jim
Old 06-03-2007, 01:52 PM
White and Nerdy

Originally Posted by westpar
Here's an option. I bought a 4-piece, all-season set of floor mats at a Sam's Club for $20. They are sturdy, fit closely enough for me (with a little trimming), and are gray (close to taupe). At that price it would give you more time to look for the real thing while the floor has temporary protection. You can toss them out when you no longer need them.
Jim
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I do have a pair of mats that I bought at Target a few years back that do fit on the RL ok. They are grey, and do the job, but I was looking for something a bit nicer and that would match up a bit better. Maybe this is paranoia on my part, but I was also worried that the cheap rubber that they are made out of might stain or rub off on the lighter Taupe rug. Maybe thats nutty thinking...
Old 06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Advanced

The OEM all weather mat is the way to go for the RL. First they have this holes for the hook on the floor which makes them stay in place, and second, they are just perfectly fitted for the RL. And the design is very good that cleaning them is not as hard like those you buy from any auto shop. I'm just glad that the dealer throw them in when i got the car.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Get the OEM all season mats. I originally bought a non OEM mat for the RL and regreted when it moved all over the floor. I got lucky and found a set of black used mats on Ebay for like $40 w/ shipping. They were from a demo car, but they arrived, they looked brand new. Even my wife was surprised on the condition of the mats.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
OEM mats is the way to go. Curry Acura has good prices. I actually have my old black TL mats in my new RL- fit perfectly and goes quite well with my ebony interior. My TL had a parchment <light tan> interior and the black mats and it looked good. "Ivory" mats may be the color of the interior of your RL.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Got my OEM mats and trunk tray from a Florida Acura dealership on Ebay. They fit well and pricing was the best I could find at that time. OEM is the way to go.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by deepdezal
I am looking for all weather/season floor mats also...

Have you looked at mats.com? They advertise in lot of car magazines and they seem to be a custom fit for our RL...
My interior is Taupe, the black ones look fine. I would preffer the same interiorcolor, however, black is not a bad match.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Why not get the Tan color instead?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Instructor

i have Acura OEM mats which i added to protect the floor carpet from getting dirty... then i added Walmart mats (decent enough fit) on top of the OEM mats to protect them from damage... talk about quixotic behaviour ...