2006 RL offer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 RL offer

I received a phone call from my dealer's manager this evening and he made me an offer.
Trade in my 2005 RL for a 2006 Acura RL + A-SPEC + rear view camera + IPod integration. $42000.00
He said its thier way for making up all the trouble i went through with the 05, and that the dealer is contacting most of 05 owners who went through alot of issues with the car.
Now, this is the first time i get a cheap offer for a flagship vehicle, because i paid $54,000 for my 05 RL.
I'll see what price they have for 06 tech.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Sounds like a good price for the '06, but how much are they giving you for your '05?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

what dealer?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 AM
JDM FREAK

Radley Acura in VA.
I'm taking my car later this afternoon to have it praised.
i was told to leave my car there, and they'll give me a 06 tach to drive and see if thats what i want.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Radley Acura (Falls Church) or Karen Radley Acura (Woodbridge)?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

please keep us updated as to what the trade in is and the whole $$ amount, it sounds like a possiblility for me as well.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
JDM FREAK

ok my 05 RL with 19,000 miles was praised at 39k.
06 RL with Tech package + A-SPEC +freight+tax 47k
Call Brandon at Radley Acura in Baileys crossroads. Falls church.
I drove the 06 and found couple of changes (revised if i may say)
Run flat tires are smooth, quiet and have better grip and much better than the regular Michlen.
I tested the intelligent cruise control, and its pretty easy to use.
What bothered me is two plastic covers one on the lower right sterring wheel below the intelligent cruise control system switch and the other is right above the instrument pannel dim control, these two switched looks out of place and seem like the car is missing something. somthing that might be added in 07.
The dealer had 5 with tech package, but 3 were silver and two were gray, so i'll wait couple of days to have my car delivered.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Qatar
ok my 05 RL with 19,000 miles was praised at 39k.
06 RL with Tech package + A-SPEC +freight+tax 47k
Call Brandon at Radley Acura in Baileys crossroads. Falls church.
I drove the 06 and found couple of changes (revised if i may say)
Run flat tires are smooth, quiet and have better grip and much better than the regular Michlen.
I tested the intelligent cruise control, and its pretty easy to use.
What bothered me is two plastic covers one on the lower right sterring wheel below the intelligent cruise control system switch and the other is right above the instrument pannel dim control, these two switched looks out of place and seem like the car is missing something. somthing that might be added in 07.
The dealer had 5 with tech package, but 3 were silver and two were gray, so i'll wait couple of days to have my car delivered.
What is included in the A-Spec? Wheels, Tires, 4 Underbody Spoilers, Suspension?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

Question

so, is he still giving you the '06 at 42 also did you owe anything on the '05..what is happening to the depreciation
are you adding it to the '06?
thanks
Old 03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
JDM FREAK

A-SPEC includes Wheels, tires, body kit, rear spoiler and suspension.
47k deal i got includes everything i mentioned above.
i'll do the figures when the car is delivered roughly on Monday. I'll keep you updated
Old 03-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE=Qatar]ok my 05 RL with 19,000 miles was praised at 39k.
06 RL with Tech package + A-SPEC +freight+tax 47k......

A-SPEC includes Wheels, tires, body kit, rear spoiler and suspension.
47k deal i got includes everything i mentioned above.
i'll do the figures when the car is delivered roughly on Monday. I'll keep you updated
Then you have a fantastic deal, but Quatar something is not adding up here! For example:

Offer Price: 42K
A-Spec all Parts -20% from cheapest ebay list price, no labor:
Wheels: 1340(.80)=$1072
Tires: $780
Suspension: $480
Spoilers (4): $860
Total: $45192
Tax 6% (assuming): $2711
Total excluding Tech Package and labor, for A-Spec installs, about $48,000K

So they waving Tech Package ($3000), freight, labor for A-Spec ($800) installs. How are they making any money? It looks like they are adding $$ to your car.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Advanced

So, you are looking only at a $3,000 trade? Whoa.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Advanced

I would do that in a heartbeat and m 05 only has 12k, plus I wouldn't want the aspec ground effects. Are they looking to move these RLs that bad, if so maybe I need to call as well. Crazy.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
JDM FREAK

also add rear view camera and back up sensors
Old 03-25-2006, 02:53 PM
JDM FREAK

I got a call from the dealer, my car is here.
I went and checked it out, 8 miles on odemeter, and noticed revised steering wheel, the power outlet next to the gear opens fully to around 90 degree, and trunk looks a lot roomier with no spare tire.
delivery with all accessories will be on Tuesday.
I'll post pictures
Old 03-25-2006, 03:22 PM
JDM FREAK

is anybody aware of availability of A-SPEC brake pads for the RL.
When i was in the service department, the technician who worked on my car advised me that A-SPEC suspension comes with different brake pads, how is that possible when its not even listed? But he confirmed and i had no reason to doubt him since he works on my car all the time.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Is the car that you got rid of black with A-spec? If so, I think I saw it at Radley Acura. Very pretty car.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 AM
JDM FREAK

yes, it was at Radley this past Thursday and this afternoon.
I'm getting rid of it roughly Tuesday.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Whats the deal with getting a run flat tire repaired/replaced?
I hear they are mounted on special wheels with rims that require a special machine to mount/dismount the tire from wheel.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
JDM FREAK

Steve,
i don't know much about that, but i'll ask tomorow.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Intermediate

Qatar,

Is the deal done ? can you for some of us run the numbers again...so sorry...also your RL was already A-Spec, and for that they are giving you 39?

I hope you got the 06, and everything went well

also post some pictures.
thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
JDM FREAK

I went earlier this afternoon to the dealer to finalize my deal, but encountered couple of problems.
Now, i'm totally fed up with Honda.
The 06 Tech package doesn't accommodate A-SPEC rims, and suspension.
The intelligent cruise control have sensors built in the rear brakes, and the struts in the rear are totally different than the 05, so i'm stuck with the 17 inch run flats.
What kind of shit is this?
The only option that i had was the bodykit and rear spoiler, Good job Acura.
So, no A-SPEC suspension or any other suspension for that matter, and no wheels. How can i live driving that?
I was also informed that the bolt pattern on the tech package was changed, so i can't use my Ron Jon Devotion wheels
It seem that everything is going wrong with this car and Acura is not thinking what we need.
The run flat tires cost around $275.00 each and it can only be replaced at the dealer (if they have the right equippment)
All i can say is its a huge disappointment with Acura...
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Instructor

I went earlier this afternoon to the dealer to finalize my deal, but encountered couple of problems.
The intelligent cruise control have sensors built in the rear brakes, and the struts in the rear are totally different than the 05, so i'm stuck with the 17 inch run flats.
So, no A-SPEC suspension or any other suspension for that matter, and no wheels. How can i live driving that?
I was also informed that the bolt pattern on the tech package was changed, so i can't use my Ron Jon Devotion wheels
It seem that everything is going wrong with this car and Acura is not thinking what we need.
The run flat tires cost around $275.00 each and it can only be replaced at the dealer (if they have the right equippment)
I feel for you and am sorry to hear that, but honestly it seemed that the price they were quoting you was too good to be true. My sister recently went to a dealership, and they told her that the RL is now priced at 43,200. When she dug a bit deeper, it turned out that the 43,200 car was a manager's demo.

I am thinking about adding the Aspec wheels and suspension to my 06 RL without tech package, but the dealer is quoting me outrageous prices for the upgrade. I may not do it.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by ilas
I feel for you and am sorry to hear that, but honestly it seemed that the price they were quoting you was too good to be true. My sister recently went to a dealership, and they told her that the RL is now priced at 43,200. When she dug a bit deeper, it turned out that the 43,200 car was a manager's demo.

I am thinking about adding the Aspec wheels and suspension to my 06 RL without tech package, but the dealer is quoting me outrageous prices for the upgrade. I may not do it.
They actually got me the car and is sitting at the dealer now. i had all the papers before me, and the deal looked ligit.
You don't know how much i spent in that dealer in the last 3 years.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
JDM FREAK

Ilas,
You better off buying the parts at manufacture price and just pay the dealer for labor
Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Instructor

They actually got me the car and is sitting at the dealer now. i had all the papers before me, and the deal looked ligit.
You don't know how much i spent in that dealer in the last 3 years.
Wow, that sucks Qatar. I am sure the dealer knew about the Aspec incompatability with the tech package. How could they not know that? Acura really needs to improve their dealers if they really want to make a strong run at the lux market.

As for my aspec package, I asked the dealer about buying parts myself, and they basically said they would not give me any break on labor and could not tell me exactly how much it would cost until they started! So, that's definitely a run around, and so I know I'll get screwed if I order the parts. Also, get this. They said that I cannot ship the wheels to them or they will charge me storage until they have time to install them.

I have always liked this dealer and they have been great to me at service time for both my RL and MDX, but this type of stuff is unreal.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilas
Wow, that sucks Qatar. I am sure the dealer knew about the Aspec incompatability with the tech package. How could they not know that? Acura really needs to improve their dealers if they really want to make a strong run at the lux market.

As for my aspec package, I asked the dealer about buying parts myself, and they basically said they would not give me any break on labor and could not tell me exactly how much it would cost until they started! So, that's definitely a run around, and so I know I'll get screwed if I order the parts. Also, get this. They said that I cannot ship the wheels to them or they will charge me storage until they have time to install them.

I have always liked this dealer and they have been great to me at service time for both my RL and MDX, but this type of stuff is unreal.
Time for a new dealer.....to sacrifice a customer on such petty crap is short term thinking. Write the owner a letter and then write them off!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Instructor

I know, the problem is that the next closest dealer is almost 200 miles away. That's probably why they are dragging me over the coals on this
Old 03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
JDM FREAK

why don't you try to contact Acura customer service or at least inform the service manager of your intention.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Instructor

It sounds to me like your dealer is feeding you a bunch of BS. It makes no sense at all to change the bolt pattern on the wheels. I say, pass on the 06 with Tech Package and get a regular '06 - use your Ron Jon Devotion wheels with regular tires, then buy the A-SPEC body kit and leave the regular suspension as is - the A-SPEC suspension with 17" run flats makes the car ride like a truck anyway.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:52 PM
JDM FREAK

1hot nsx,
i would have done that if i didn't know the service manager.
He is a personal friend and my car is always treated like royalty. plus he made the call to Acura tech while i was there, and the answer came through the speaker phone, so i had no doubt of its accuracy.
the dealer's response to why i wasn't previously informed, was because i am the only person with tech package who is interested in A-SPEC. As they said (I am the only person who is interested in turning the RL into F1 car).
I don't want to risk it, the Ipod and rear view camera were more than enough.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:54 PM
The Yankees SUCK !!!

1hot nsx,
i would have done that if i didn't know the service manager.
He is a personal friend and my car is always treated like royalty. plus he made the call to Acura tech while i was there, and the answer came through the speaker phone, so i had no doubt of its accuracy.
the dealer's response to why i wasn't previously informed, was because i am the only person with tech package who is interested in A-SPEC. As they said (I am the only person who is interested in turning the RL into F1 car).
I don't want to risk it, the Ipod and rear view camera were more than enough.

Am I the only one who doesnt smell the bullshit from across the board ?? Come on man, anyone who is interested in the A-SPEC would surely be interested in spending a couple extra grand on CMBS etc. I will fully doubt the valitity of this post until Rondog verifies that Qatar is the one who has the black A-SPEC on 19" 3- piece rims on his site, which is the same one he posted as his car not too long ago. While he might be right about the dealer being a moron and not realizing that the Tech package wont facilitate the A-SPEC wheels, I still smell something fishy.

And what is this crap right here......(I am the only person who is interested in turning the RL into F1 car)...........thats an F'in joke !!!!!!!!

Who in their right mind thinks that they can turn a 4,000+lbs. RL into a 1,500 lbs. F1 car ?? Sorry dude, you must have smoked too much of that middle-eastern opium, and it sounds like good stuff, hook me up.........

The RL isnt a goddamn (or allah-damn) S600 V-12 bi-turbo............the car can not be made into anything that will challenge any sort of a performance car. So quit tryin to feed us this BS line of crap and go front it on the retards from the Lexus forums, most of us arent that dumb.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fatalvenom
Am I the only one who doesnt smell the bullshit from across the board ?? Come on man, anyone who is interested in the A-SPEC would surely be interested in spending a couple extra grand on CMBS etc. I will fully doubt the valitity of this post until Rondog verifies that Qatar is the one who has the black A-SPEC on 19" 3- piece rims on his site, which is the same one he posted as his car not too long ago. While he might be right about the dealer being a moron and not realizing that the Tech package wont facilitate the A-SPEC wheels, I still smell something fishy.

And what is this crap right here......(I am the only person who is interested in turning the RL into F1 car)...........thats an F'in joke !!!!!!!!

Who in their right mind thinks that they can turn a 4,000+lbs. RL into a 1,500 lbs. F1 car ?? Sorry dude, you must have smoked too much of that middle-eastern opium, and it sounds like good stuff, hook me up.........

The RL isnt a goddamn (or allah-damn) S600 V-12 bi-turbo............the car can not be made into anything that will challenge any sort of a performance car. So quit tryin to feed us this BS line of crap and go front it on the retards from the Lexus forums, most of us arent that dumb.
I agree, I have posted earlier that this post is a bullshit. (no offence Quatar) It was too good to be true. Tech Package, A-Spec Package with wheels + tires, rear view camera + IPod integration for $42000.00 is just a bullshit!!! I think you have to be very naive to think that the dealer will give you all this for 42K.
Quatar, I think they are taking you for a spin, you need to smell the java soon!!!! Just pass on the Tech Pack and get regular 06. I just got new A-Spec package installed on my 05 excluding suspension and can't be happier.
When I was picking up my car, at least 2 potential buyers wanted to test drive my car! I just can't believe how much sportier looking is my RL. Totally awesome! It has lost the borring front Accord look! The service guys could not believe, how much this transformed by car. Especially, since I have used black gun metal finish wheel on black RL! I will post pics soon.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 AM
JDM FREAK

Fatalvenom ,
I didn't smoke anything, you on the other hand MUST be on something. Its enought that you post is 13 days after mine.
first of, i don't need to proof that MY car is actually mine, and i believe if it didn't belong to me, the owner would have spoken a while back, so its a stupid request.
To avoid the embarrassment, PM Ron, and he'll confirm.
DONT HAVE BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE MY RIDE
Turning a RL into F1 is a figure of speech, now let me ask you if you were in a normal set of mind, how can you turn a RL into F1?
Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 AM
JDM FREAK

Fatalvenom,
*DONT HATE BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE MY RIDE.
If you read my post, it clearly state that there is NO A-SPEC for 06 tech package. You can only add the body kit. Check with your dealer before running your mouth.
I care less about CMBS, my main issue was to get rear view camera and ipod integration.
You might be all over that other stuff, i'm not.
From your post" The RL isnt a goddamn (or allah-damn) S600 V-12 bi-turbo, you are stupid for mentioning Gods name twice (God, Allah) because i got it the first time and low life for using Gods name as a joke, well i'm not laughing.
my point is, i don't need to prove anything, specially to you.
Andrewgg22, no offense taken, i told everyone what went with my deal, whether you believe it or not, thats your problem, again i don't need to prove anything.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this thread has gone far enough. This comment is for everybody. We will not tolerate bashing of each other. We are all going to be respectful of each other. If you have arguing to do, do it in private messages instead of in the public forum.