navigation screen auto dimming

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Dedalus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
navigation screen auto dimming

My navigation screen recently stopped switching automatically to night mode when it is dark. The headlight switch is in the auto mode, like it always has been, and the headlights still come on and off with the appropriate daylight or darkness. I can't find anywhere to adjust this. I can use the brightness button (below and to the left of the screen)--click it once and you can adjust the brightness, but click it twice and it changes it to the darker, nighttime screen. Is this a malfunction or some setting I need to change--though I haven't done anything to change the setting in the first place and the battery has not been disconnected or dead recently.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dedalus5550
My navigation screen recently stopped switching automatically to night mode when it is dark. The headlight switch is in the auto mode, like it always has been, and the headlights still come on and off with the appropriate daylight or darkness. I can't find anywhere to adjust this. I can use the brightness button (below and to the left of the screen)--click it once and you can adjust the brightness, but click it twice and it changes it to the darker, nighttime screen. Is this a malfunction or some setting I need to change--though I haven't done anything to change the setting in the first place and the battery has not been disconnected or dead recently.
Thanks,
Mike
What car is this? Using my phone to view this and the layout isn't great.

On my 11 rdx, if it is night time and you turn the interior cluster/radio/navi backlight knob to its brightest setting it turns the Nav to daytime color.

Try turning the lights on, emulating night time and turn the cluster lighting knob down a few notches.

Not the navigation brightness setting.

Try that out.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:16 PM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know if this has an effect, but did you adjust the dash brightness using the knob next to the fuel gauge? IIRC on my 3G TL, setting the instrument brightness would override the daytime/nighttime adjustment for the headlights.