ELS--track order problem on USB memory stick

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 03:20 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
ELS--track order problem on USB memory stick

Hi all,

I have "Artist" folders on a memory stick. I recently bought an album from iTunes and converted it to MP3s and put them in a new folder. When the ELS displays and plays the tracks, they are all out of order and it adds a 2-digit number on front of each track ie: 01, 02, 04 12 etc.etc
I tried renaming all the tracks by adding a number in front of the filename in the correct order, just in case the ELS puts the tracks in alphabetical order. This did nothing, they were all still jumbled up on the ELS. I also tried adding a letter such as A, B, C etc at the beginning of the filename,,,,no luck.....i even removed all tags from the MP3's such as Track #...no luck. WTF?

Also, why is the text on this forum suddenly so small? i can barely see it and have never seen anything like it. Its a REAL PITA when correcting typos !!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you read the "Manageable Music on USB" thread in this forum? It may help to answer some of your questions.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:00 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by redrdx17
Have you read the "Manageable Music on USB" thread in this forum? It may help to answer some of your questions.
Thanks, that helped. The key takeaway in that thread was that the system will play/display the tracks in the order that they were added to the folder. This did the trick. Unfortunately it meant that for this album, I had to copy the tracks to the USB folder one by one,. If you copy/move all tracks at once, you really have no control over which ones get added first, second, third etc etc. with regard to the timestamps on the "copy complete" operation.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skidoor
Thanks, that helped. The key takeaway in that thread was that the system will play/display the tracks in the order that they were added to the folder. This did the trick. Unfortunately it meant that for this album, I had to copy the tracks to the USB folder one by one,. If you copy/move all tracks at once, you really have no control over which ones get added first, second, third etc etc. with regard to the timestamps on the "copy complete" operation.
Download and use a windows application called drivesort. This will sort your USB drive appropriately so that you can use it in your acura. I had this problem too when I first got my RDX.