Wallpaper Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015 | 05:13 PM
Pro

Wallpaper Help

I've been there before, and have images loaded, but now can't remember/figure out how to display one of my wallpapers. Can someone please supply the button pushing sequence?
Old 11-08-2015 | 11:06 AM
Pro

Anyone?
Old 11-08-2015 | 11:33 AM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Originally Posted by dirleton
I've been there before, and have images loaded, but now can't remember/figure out how to display one of my wallpapers. Can someone please supply the button pushing sequence?
From pg 31 of the '16 Nav manual:

SETTINGS button -> System Settings -> Clock -> Clock/Wallpaper Type -> Wallpaper.
Rotate select knob to to select the wallpaper, then press the knob.
Old 11-08-2015 | 12:19 PM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Originally Posted by kfhughes
From pg 31 of the '16 Nav manual:

SETTINGS button -> System Settings -> Clock -> Clock/Wallpaper Type -> Wallpaper.
Rotate select knob to to select the wallpaper, then press the knob.
Went to the garage to play with this and found that when you have display set to wallpaper, you can also just press the center of the knob to get to this menu also.
Old 11-08-2015 | 03:32 PM
Pro

Nope. That is settings --- to input images, etc.:

2. Rotate to select Set. Press (picture of button).

The display willreturn to the

wallpaper list.

I'm trying to remember how to display a stored setting.

Last edited by dirleton; 11-08-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2015 | 04:51 PM
Pro

can't remember/figure out how to display one of my wallpapers.?
If you have already transferred wallpaper images from a USB drive into your system, then the advice given by kfhughes is correct. Or you can use the voice command "display wallpaper" to display your default image.

I'm trying to remember how to display a stored setting.
I'm not sure what you mean by "displaying a stored setting", or how that relates to a wallpaper image. Can you elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to do.

Edit: Just thought that maybe you don't have the same system as I do. These instructions work for a 2016 RDX with navigation. Do you have something different?

Last edited by RDX-Rick; 11-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-08-2015 | 05:30 PM
Pro

I have a 2016 RDX AWD Advance and following the above directions does not work for me. I can get wallpaper to display by verbal command but can't get it to work through manual steps. Obviously I'm missing something since I've done it in the past.
Old 11-08-2015 | 06:00 PM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest. I also have the Advance and that works for me.
Old 11-08-2015 | 06:13 PM
Pro

I will number each step (and describe it in a little more detail). Let me know at what step you are having trouble with.

1. push the black "settings" button to the lower right of the round selector knob (called "selector" for the rest of these instructions).
  2. Rotate the "selector" to highlight "System Settings" and press the "selector"
  3. Push the "selector" sideways, and select the tab "CLOCK"
  4. Rotate the selector to highlight Clock/Wallpaper type, and press the selector
  5. Push the selector sideways to select the tab "Wallpaper" and push the selector.
  6. Rotate the selector to highlight the wallpaper of your choice and press the selector.
Old 11-08-2015 | 09:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Press the "info" button.

Then rotate down to "clock/wallpaper".

Press enter.

Old 11-08-2015 | 10:00 PM
Pro

What works is confirmed by rockyboy --- from the nav/map screen I press "info" and bingo. What you get is whatever wallpaper you had set earlier by the steps outlined above. Now, look up "info button" in the manual and tell me where that gets you.
Old 11-08-2015 | 10:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
I will number each step (and describe it in a little more detail). Let me know at what step you are having trouble with.

1. push the black "settings" button to the lower right of the round selector knob (called "selector" for the rest of these instructions).
  2. Rotate the "selector" to highlight "System Settings" and press the "selector"
  3. Push the "selector" sideways, and select the tab "CLOCK"
  4. Rotate the selector to highlight Clock/Wallpaper type, and press the selector
  5. Push the selector sideways to select the tab "Wallpaper" and push the selector.
  6. Rotate the selector to highlight the wallpaper of your choice and press the selector.

# 6 brings me to a screen with three choices: Set, Preview, Delete.
Old 11-09-2015 | 08:26 AM
Pro

can't remember/figure out how to display one of my wallpapers.
What you get is whatever wallpaper you had set earlier
I think I misinterpreted your original question. I though you were asking how to find and choose which "one" of your wallpapers to display by default. I hadn't realized you only wanted to display "any" wallpaper.

The truth is I had also discovered how to display the wallpaper via the buttons when I first got my RDX, and then, like yourself, I could not find it again.

I finally gave up and just started using the voice commands since they were quicker. Normally I never display wallpaper because I just prefer to have the constantly moving map that also displays road congestion. It just looks more hi-tech to me. Other times I prefer to monitor my fuel economy.
The following users liked this post:
dirleton (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015 | 08:35 AM
Pro

There you go. It bothered me (I'm weird that way) that I could not get back to something I had already figured out once. I like watching the map progress also for the most part. Now that the "info" button (above the "settings" button) route, as well as voice, has been figured out another issue arises: What is the "info" button for? So far I can't find any references to it in any of the manuals.
Old 11-09-2015 | 11:06 AM
Pro

What is the "info" button for? So far I can't find any references to it in any of the manuals.
On page 312 and 313 of the Navigation manual (Canadian), it describes using the info button to gain access to the trip computer and the calendar.

The manual doesn't mention the other available items like voice command help menu, and traffic incidents.

I have always read my owners manuals from front to back whenever purchasing a new car. However the RDX has a 445 page owners manual, and a 363 page navigation manual, for a total of 808 pages.

With that many pages it is too costly to have it printed out, and I find it very difficult to read in PDF format on the computer, since I prefer highlighting areas of importance and making some handwritten notes. I found it more valuable (and entertaining) to just start exploring all the options on the various menus. Even after 4 months I am still finding things while exploring the menus while waiting in a parking lot.
Old 11-09-2015 | 11:16 AM
Pro

I spent a few weeks waiting for my car to be built and read the owners in the meantime. Can't remember everything though. Just recently discovered the lock button in the liftgate for instance.

You (at least in the US) are entitled to free printed manuals (owner, navi, warranty). Go to the Acura owners site and order if you wish hard copies.
Old 11-09-2015 | 11:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick

Even after 4 months I am still finding things while exploring the menus while waiting in a parking lot.

As a public service you might post your "finds".