Oil Underneath

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Underneath

Ok, so I bought the car about three months ago:
2001 3.2 CL Type - S, Nighthawk Pearl, 81000 miles, no navigation...tan trim, yadi yadi yadi....
Anyway, so I bought the car from a dealer about three months ago, and it comes with a 6000/6-month warranty on the basics... I just happened to look underneath the car a few days ago and saw reminents of what looks like a very smalll oil leak. It isnt all over the bottom, in fact, it seems to only be on the bottom of the transmission ( around the bolts and back side of the transmission). the leak is extremely small, not even enough to drip on the ground, but its enough for me to notice, and enough for me to smell it every now and then. (I like my cars absolutely flawless, so any sign of inperfection is horrible)... My dad says leave it alone, its just a small amount so I should stop making something wrong with my car (my whole family says I look for things to be wrong with my car, but tahts how I am... perfection)... so anyhow, my options are taking it to the place I bought it, and then they look at it... if they decide its something that is under warranty, they fix it free of charge, and if its not under warranty, it costs $80 just to look at it, plus whatever it needs to be fixed. I am not sure I trust the dealership to look at it ( I guess it would be important to tell you that its NOT an Acura dealership, just a normal car dealership) ... So my other option would be taking it to the Acura dealership, who I know I can trust, and seeing where they think its coming from... but then that means money $$$, and we all know how expensive the Acura dealership itself can be. My other option is seeing if Acura can find where its coming from, and then taking the written bill and whats wrong with it to the original dealership where I bought it for the warranty repair (if its covered in the warranty) ... I am so lost, and I dont know what to do. I dont wanna just leave my car the way it is, and wait for it to become a real problem. I also can take it to a gas station, or small repair place that wont charge much to look at it and tell me where it is coming from, and from there deciding on who to take it to for the repair. if its something covered under my warranty though, do I want to risk having the dealership I bought it from even working on it? Are they trsutworthy? Or should I avoid everything and have it done right by Acura? Who knows. Please take the time and respond, and any feedback at all is a HUGE help! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Kyle.