Immobilzer Issue...sometimes - 03 CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Registered Douchebag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immobilzer Issue...sometimes - 03 CL

I need help troubleshooting my 03 CL. I bought it back in May of this year; It was in pretty good shape. 1 owner 96k miles and a clean carfax.

I had no issues with it at all until about a month ago. Keep in mind. I drive it every day to the train station. Ever since I bought it, I turned it on and drove it just about every single day with no problems. However, one day I get to the train station from work, try to turn it on but it just turns. I notice the immobilizer icon is not flashing or turning on. I take the key out and wait a few minutes then suddenly i insert the key and the green immobilizer key is flashing and it turns on right away.

I didn't think much of it until it happened again about two weeks later. I did the same thing -- wait a few minutes (about 10) then it turned on. It's been happening a lot more often now. It seems to turn right on every morning but when i get home from the train, the issue comes up. Now it seems to happen 5 of the 7 days a week. Could it be weather (humidity) related?

I have three keys, two normal and one valet, none of them will turn on the car when this happens.
Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
If this problem is due to the immobilizer, the attached scan should help.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Immobilizer.pdf (180.1 KB, 52 views)
The following users liked this post:
sixgearcl (08-08-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sixgearcl
I need help troubleshooting my 03 CL. I bought it back in May of this year; It was in pretty good shape. 1 owner 96k miles and a clean carfax.

I had no issues with it at all until about a month ago. Keep in mind. I drive it every day to the train station. Ever since I bought it, I turned it on and drove it just about every single day with no problems. However, one day I get to the train station from work, try to turn it on but it just turns. I notice the immobilizer icon is not flashing or turning on. I take the key out and wait a few minutes then suddenly i insert the key and the green immobilizer key is flashing and it turns on right away.

I didn't think much of it until it happened again about two weeks later. I did the same thing -- wait a few minutes (about 10) then it turned on. It's been happening a lot more often now. It seems to turn right on every morning but when i get home from the train, the issue comes up. Now it seems to happen 5 of the 7 days a week. Could it be weather (humidity) related?

I have three keys, two normal and one valet, none of them will turn on the car when this happens.
Any ideas?
It's your 'main' relay (by the steering column). Easy to replace. Part's reasonable price.