Help with SRS Light and Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with SRS Light and Check Engine Light

Greetings everybody:

Cliff Notes:

Check Engine came on after XS Power Install
SRS Light lit up after cleaning the car and moving the seats around.

I have a 2003 cl-p, and the SRS Light and the Check Engine light are on. For the check engine light, I just recently got XS Power Headers installed, and the check engine light came on after the install of the headers. I ran the code and it was P0141, O2 Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2). Tried to reset the code, and it came on instantly. However during the install of the headers, the O2 sensor was never touched. The ECU was reset by taking out the left terminal of the battery, so maybe the headers just warped the O2 sensor I just had my oil change done and had the shop look at O2 sensor and it said it appeared to be fine. Will know more info later on tomorrow when the shop is suppose to call me. Just wanted to get some opinions before I shell out some money for the repair.

As for the SRS light it came on after I was cleaning the whole car and moving the seats to farthest positions back and forth while getting around the car. The Side Airbag light goes off when I start the car and the SRS light just stays on. I had a friend sit in the car, the light never went off. Also I made him lean forward close to the dash, the SRS light still stayed on. I'm aware of the warranty on the seat belts, which I hope it is and not something else because the dealer wants a $110 diagnostic fee I have an appointment with the dealer Friday, but I wanted to see if anybody can chime in so I can be a little prepared in case the stealership tries to pull a fast one one me.

Any help would be apprecriated, thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had some minor touch ups done by a body shop near my place. At the same time he fixed my driver seat because it was wobbly. He removed the seat to do this. When I got the car back, the SRS light stayed on. Lucky for me he`s gonna pay for the reset at the dealer.
Sorry to say, I think this is the best way for you to go with this. You want to make sure everything is ok with the system
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by chunky
I just had some minor touch ups done by a body shop near my place. At the same time he fixed my driver seat because it was wobbly. He removed the seat to do this. When I got the car back, the SRS light stayed on. Lucky for me he`s gonna pay for the reset at the dealer.
Sorry to say, I think this is the best way for you to go with this. You want to make sure everything is ok with the system
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid this would happen, well I will see what the dealer says. As to your post on the rust where the weather stripping is, I looked but I can offer no advice, since there is none visible on my car yet, I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
The SRS light should be covered as per the recall/tsb

As for the check engine light. The 02 sensor was touched because you have to remove it & install it back into the new down pipe. Did a shop install them or you? The 02 was likely damaged or not seated right. Or the wiring could be pinched, shorted or cut.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
The SRS light should be covered as per the recall/tsb

As for the check engine light. The 02 sensor was touched because you have to remove it & install it back into the new down pipe. Did a shop install them or you? The 02 was likely damaged or not seated right. Or the wiring could be pinched, shorted or cut.

Thanks for the reply Fuzzy:

A shop did not install them, a member from this forum did the install. He is very knowledgeable and he said the sensor was not touched , in other words he took his time with it. I was with him while the install was being done. Anyway, I figured I would have to get new ones, but is this is the right one:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partloc...&siteid=214055

I figure I will get both and get them installed. Just wanted to make sure I have the right ones, I have 2003 clp. Also I tried to order them and it appears they don't have a valid certificate, anybody else have this problem?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Well a little update guys. I went to the dealership to have the SRS light checked out. They ran the code and it presented 15-3 Faulty OPDS Sensor, They replaced the sensor and unit, cleared and it tested fine ALL FOR FREE!!!

As for the check engine light, I assume once I put the new O2 sensors in, the light will go away and my car will be running like a champ!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 AM

Well turns out the 02 sensor where the cat is located was not connected properly so now everything is fixed! Well car is running beautifully, mods you can close this! Thanks for everybody replies