Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
3-piece FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Damn, good find

Edit: LOL @ I DRAG MOTORS ON THE FLOOR ALL THE TIME
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man..seems like they are trying to launch at crx/nsx into space!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
def. check out the link by brian..

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=736522

i hope that nopiguy's turbo kit doesnt blow up..=X
Old 09-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Instructor

Unfortunately, just like a lot of internet threads, no one on here knows the deal with the gentleman that posted that crap on Honda Tech.

When the car was finished and paid for, the gentleman asked that the car be put outside and that he would pick it up that evening after he got off work. 10pm or so.
When the guys from Mahdavi came in the next morning, the car had been stripped of all parts. Sounds fishy to me.
Why would you pay all of that money to a shop, have them do the work, and then tell them to just put it outside so I can pick it up late at night?
Mahdavi called the police, and notified the owner of what had happened. He said he forgot to go pick up the car when he got off of work.
How do forget about an investment like that????

I have no insight on the turbo kit deal, but at least he got his money back and returned the parts, speaks highly of the individual.

And the last one, don't do buisness with them because everyone there is an asshole?
I guess most shops would be out of buisness at this time if that was the case.
Unfortunately, most people who have work done and are pleased with what they get, do not start threads about that. It is always those who are pissed off about something or another.

The CRX shows you why you don't give a crazy Jamaican body guy free reign on building a car for a show. haha.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:04 AM
You can turbo anything

So you don't want to join our discussion over on the TL thread? You certainly just sneaked up on us with this one. Especially being a fellow ATLer. Where you at? I wanna see your setup, and maybe do a little one-on-one.

I can't believe I missed you at Nopi since that was the only thing I was looking for.

Oh, and what turbo are you running...Just the FMU, no injectors?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,653 Likes on 13,892 Posts
Very nice, NOPIGUY...!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
4th Gear

E was up ive checked out your CL at nopi, pretty clean. i am from GA i dont see u hanging out alot around. unless u live far away from gwinnett county. By the way how much did mahadavi ms charge you for labor installing that turbo
Old 09-29-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by RidnlowCLS
E was up ive checked out your CL at nopi, pretty clean. i am from GA i dont see u hanging out alot around. unless u live far away from gwinnett county. By the way how much did mahadavi ms charge you for labor installing that turbo
Do you have that blue CL-S that I saw at the North Point meet tonight?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Instructor

I don't do alot of hanging out in Gwinnett Co. I do live there, but I work down below the airport. So I spend alot of time on I-85 going to and from. I also travel alot with work, so my free weekends are just spent chilling out at home with the wife and the dogs.

The kit starts at $4,000.00, I can give you a grand total once they are completely done with it. Still need to make a few changes and some tweaks on the fuel system.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow ROFL at the dragging engines across the floor..."i do it all the time" that was the worst customer service ever. AND the guy was a fucking idiot if he thought he didnt do that. they just lost my interest.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Unfortunately, everyone has bad experiences with shops. I stated that earlier, so that is what goes on the internet. Not the good things, or the customers that are pleased.

They lost your interest? Where you bringing your car to GA. to have the work done?
Why don't you research the info completely from the internet before jumping to a conclusion. You only have half of the story from that guy, why don't you call the guys at the shop and get thier side so you can try and make an educated opinion on the situation.

I guess it is easier to jump on the negativity bandwagon, than try and chase down the postivity train. Good luck on the hatin, hope it gets you far in this life.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NOPIGUY

I guess it is easier to jump on the negativity bandwagon, than try and chase down the postivity train. Good luck on the hatin, hope it gets you far in this life.
i listened enough to the OWNER of the shop on that phone convo. that is PLENTY for me to make me never want to buy any turbo kit they have on the market. that guy was a. an asshole and b. a fuckin idiot.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:15 PM
East Coast Boost.!

A turbo kit for sale, I might have competitio on the east coast.

If any of you guys actually shell out the money to buy it. SOunds like SEMA body kit revisited to me.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Are you sure that it was the owner of the shop? I was not involved so I don't know.

If you have any reservations about the shop, that is fine. But you need to talk to the other owner Sam about anything. I only deal with him and suggest that everyone else do the same.
He is a 2x World Champion in the NDRA in his RHD Supra, does all of the fab work, most of the swap work, and they have a new guy, John who does all of the wiring work.
Give Sam a call, I am sure you will see who runs the front office, and who actually does the work and tries to take care of the customers.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Titand19
If any of you guys actually shell out the money to buy it. SOunds like SEMA body kit revisited to me.
exactly.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Instructor

You guys will have to explain the SEMA body kit to us new people, because I have no clue what you are talking about.

If you are saying that this is a scam, believe what you wish, you can read about the kit in the magazine when it is released.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:49 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

i'm confused as to why you're backing such a turbo product "to be in production".
seems to me you have no participation in production with this turbo, but are rather just supporting your sponsor. that's cool and all, but you really have no substantial proof or guarantee that each of the turbos that they will "produce" will be equal to yours.

they may have produced your turbo without problem, but you're a sponsored vehicle.

seems to me that unless you're the actual shop owner or have any relation to the shop producing this turbo for us consumers your "guaranee that this is not a scam" or that this will even happen is pretty empty. They're your sponsor, you have no responsibility backing them just to rep their stickers on your car.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
I am in no way affiliated with Mahdavi, but I have met Glenn and have interacted with him numerous times, both over the phone and in person. Is it possible that Glenn had a good experience with Mahdavi, and he is stating that he has not witnessed anything negative from them? He is not going to base his opinion of them off a story on the internet, but rather his 1st hand experiences. Not to say those other inceidents were fake, but some people get so pissed and make it their personal vendetta to deface and "get back" at the business theyt got jerked by.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:33 PM
WDP GURRRRL

Just to add my as well...I have dealt with Madhavi for 5 years now from my 94 integra to my 01 prelude- to my 01 MDX, and now my 06 TL..They have always completed all of my work. meaning, maint. and modifications...

You can visit importatlanta.com...and speak with one customer off hand that I can think of Jamie R., Mahdavi turbocharged his GS400..he has now put over 25k on the car without any problems..this was a kit custom fabricated by Sam Mahdavi.

and to clear up the confusion in regards to the sponsorship deal..I don't believe the CL was sponsored...
Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Instructor

You guys kill me.

What in the hell would it matter if I was sponsored by that shop???
They are still going to produce the kit, regardless of how much or little I push to get it into production.
If you doubt they will put it into production, go ahead and buy the $4,000.00 Comptech Supercharger.
Just so you know, I am sponsored by Comptech as well.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I'm not bashing anything or anyone,

BUT if the owner or investors of Mondavi have half a brain, they would take deposits on the kit before production.

Any word on the SEMA kit?

Old 10-02-2006, 01:08 PM
3-piece FTW

@ the SEMA Kit
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM
WDP GURRRRL

I'm not bashing anything or anyone,

BUT if the owner or investors of Mondavi have half a brain, they would take deposits on the kit before production.

Any word on the SEMA kit?

What is the SEMA kit?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Instructor

It is Mahdavi, not Mondavi.

Not sure if they would take money in advance on the kit, or wait until they get one unit completely ready to go. You would have to contact them on that. I am just trying to push this to market, and I assumed the CL forum would be the place to do that.

Little did I know that some of the people on here would have to throw in thier about anything and everything that has nothing to do with this thread.

Just for those who think they are not capable, or are not trying to produce these kits, here are a few links to what they already have on the market.

http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/im...2000/index.htm
http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/im...kits/index.htm
Old 10-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The turbo kits they have made for other cars look very clean. It looks like they won't have that custom fab backyard mechanic look. I still think it will be pricey much like the gs 400 kit. I'm guessing kits will run 7-9,000, but keep us posted on prices and developments.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Instructor

They say the kits will run right at $4,000, plus anything special you may want.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Little did I know that some of the people on here would have to throw in thier about anything and everything that has nothing to do with this thread.
because a shop's reputation has nothing to do with their product quality control.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

A turbo kit for sale, I might have competitio on the east coast.

I'll run u when my car is running again. j/k
Old 10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

You should get at least the emanage blue and drop that apex afc thing. I would also suggest getting your car professionally tuned. No point of putting all that money into the car and then losing the motor because the car wasnt tuned. Also 4k for a turbo kit? That's an amazing price and almost can't believe it. Anyway, good luck.

By the way, get some dyno numbers as I'm curious to see if that turbo dies out at redline or not.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Instructor

Brianlin87, Actually, thier customer service reputation from the front office, does not have anything to do with their quality of work in the shop.

Just ask Ron about it, he has seen the kit, the quality, and even driven the car.

Thats like saying the cashier at the supermarket has poor customer service skills, so the grocery stores products suck .

I have friends that own other shops, maybe we can market the kits through them, charge more than the 4k, and everything will be fine for you guys.

Sorry, but you guys disappoint me with your reactions and remarks. I thought that CL owners where more educated than the typical Honda owner.
If you doubt they can do the work, leave it at that. No need to make negative comments about things that you read on another forum from 2 years ago.
He said she said, that is all you guys are basing your remarks on.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Blk2001tlon19s, no need for an Emanage, we have a Uni-chip for the car. It runs fine with the VAFC and Vortech FMU at only 6pounds of boost for a daily driver.
Like I stated earlier, we are waiting on pieces from Vortech to change the FMU from 12-1 to 8-1 so the car will not run so rich. Once that is done the boost will be turned up, the Uni-chip installed, the car dyno'd and the kit on the market.

All info will be here. www.mahdavimotorsports.com

Would $6,000 for the kit make it more appealing? Not to me it doesn't. They are basing thier figures off the actual build list parts and the cost of materials and the labor. Anything extra you may want will cost you more, but that is up to the individual and their needs.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Blk2001tlon19s, no need for an Emanage, we have a Uni-chip for the car. It runs fine with the VAFC and Vortech FMU at only 6pounds of boost for a daily driver.
Like I stated earlier, we are waiting on pieces from Vortech to change the FMU from 12-1 to 8-1 so the car will not run so rich. Once that is done the boost will be turned up, the Uni-chip installed, the car dyno'd and the kit on the market.

All info will be here. www.mahdavimotorsports.com

Would $6,000 for the kit make it more appealing? Not to me it doesn't. They are basing thier figures off the actual build list parts and the cost of materials and the labor. Anything extra you may want will cost you more, but that is up to the individual and their needs.
lol ...dude, i can care less how much you sell your kit for. If someone wants to pay that much for a kit, then can. I know some of us(myself included) paid my then 6k for our turbo setup and don't regret it one bet. I was just making a statement in general. I know us with the gt35r paid like 1400 for just the turbo, so $4k for a total kit seemed kinda cheap. You need to calm down and stop thinking people are attacking you. Well the reason I suggested emanage because I'm sure it will be a lot harder to find a tuner for unichip, I'm using neither so it was just a suggestion. Take it how you want, I can care less. You are talking about turning the boost up, are you thinking about swapping out injectors also or keeping the stock 270cc ones?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Brianlin87, Actually, thier customer service reputation from the front office, does not have anything to do with their quality of work in the shop.

Just ask Ron about it, he has seen the kit, the quality, and even driven the car.

Thats like saying the cashier at the supermarket has poor customer service skills, so the grocery stores products suck .

I have friends that own other shops, maybe we can market the kits through them, charge more than the 4k, and everything will be fine for you guys.

Sorry, but you guys disappoint me with your reactions and remarks. I thought that CL owners where more educated than the typical Honda owner.
If you doubt they can do the work, leave it at that. No need to make negative comments about things that you read on another forum from 2 years ago.
He said she said, that is all you guys are basing your remarks on.

When people are investing money in something, they usually go by what they here and/or see to try to save themselves problems in the future. I trully understand what you mean with the she say/he say stuff. I mean, personally the kit looks fine. I don't see any problems with it. What is the specs of that turbo? From a quick glance, it looked like a t3/t4 but then it could be t4. I'm thinking it has a 60mm compressor wheel because of the name of it.

Anyway, back on the he say/she say...I mean, all the time you see posts on HT about SSautochrome/Xs power and how their turbos suck or the manifolds suck. Some people run their headers on here with no problems. One of the tl members, speedr73 has a turbo setup on his 99tl using their parts. With the exception of the downpipe, the kit looks ok but because of their reputation I'm sure people won't really be interested but that's from my point of view but to my knowledge he hasn't had any problems with it. Good luck your setup.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I'll most likely buy a kid. I'm friends with many people who've used them for many things. From just those two or three stories, shouldn't make all people want to deface them.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Instructor

Black2001, I did not get defensive with you on anything. Like I was saying, the kit will start at $4,000 and go up from there with additional options. (Bigger Turbo, EMS, Injectors, Alcohol Inj.,)
The kit that is on the car is designed to be an awesome daily driver with no problems, so currently it is only at 6 pounds of boost. With a few tweaks it will be at 8 pounds and with the Uni-chip and larger injectors it will be at 10 pounds.
The 60-1 is a T3/T4 set up, dual ball bearing turbo, with a stage 5 wheel in it. The turbo is good up to 550hp, I know I will never see the limits of that, so why pay more for the larger turbo if not needed?

I have access to several dynos here in Ga., one shop even deals primarily with Uni-chip, that is the reason in going that route. What ems are you using on your car? What are the other options for people wanting to buy these kits?

E-manage, Uni-chip,????

Thats funny, I looked at that TL on Monday. I had never seen any of the SS Autochrome stuff, just heard all of the bad things about it. I must say, I was impressed with the kit, it just needed headers on the car.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:24 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Black2001, I did not get defensive with you on anything. Like I was saying, the kit will start at $4,000 and go up from there with additional options. (Bigger Turbo, EMS, Injectors, Alcohol Inj.,)
The kit that is on the car is designed to be an awesome daily driver with no problems, so currently it is only at 6 pounds of boost. With a few tweaks it will be at 8 pounds and with the Uni-chip and larger injectors it will be at 10 pounds.
The 60-1 is a T3/T4 set up, dual ball bearing turbo, with a stage 5 wheel in it. The turbo is good up to 550hp, I know I will never see the limits of that, so why pay more for the larger turbo if not needed?

I have access to several dynos here in Ga., one shop even deals primarily with Uni-chip, that is the reason in going that route. What ems are you using on your car? What are the other options for people wanting to buy these kits?

E-manage, Uni-chip,????

Thats funny, I looked at that TL on Monday. I had never seen any of the SS Autochrome stuff, just heard all of the bad things about it. I must say, I was impressed with the kit, it just needed headers on the car.
I had emanage but have Tec3r standalone now. The emanage is pretty user friendly. I know in this area where I am, it would probably be hard to find a unichip tuner however fairly easy for someone here to find a emanage tuner. I can't say one is better then the other but I know the emanage has some pretty good tools. Even the ability to control up to 2 extra injectors, etc which could come in handy depending on the setup. Another good thing is they have a boost controller that works with the emanage which I also had originally. Greddy E-01 boost controller. It lets you control the boost level along with being able to change your emanage settings on the fly which could be good if you have two memory cards and want to change your settings quickly. I don't like how it adjusts the injector pulse when using bigger injectors however thinjim has used it and had success running bigger injectors(440cc injectors I believe). 02av6 also has had good success with his accord(supercharged setup using the emanage). The original guy who did a turbo kit on his cl 6 speed had a t3/t4 turbo, I think it was a turbonetics one but I forgot the model number. I only remember it died out near redline. At the same psi level, he made like 60+whp from the switch from that turbo he used originally to a GT35r. I understand the turbo choice is kinda based on your goals but I know me personally, I would rather one that gives power across the whole rpm band opposed to either the bottom end or top end. Are you planning on having your dyno done on a dynojet or dynopack dyno? See if you can get Speedr73 to go with you. Been trying to talk him into getting some numbers for months now. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Instructor

So I guess we will be the guinea pigs on E-manage vs. Uni-chip for this type of set up.
Yea, if I was looking for alot more horsepower I would definately go with a bigger turbo. The original goal was to build a kit, produce it, and make it available and affordable for everyone to get.
My wife and i have already been down the high hp road with an Integra drag car. Needless to say what started out as a basic project, turned into a full blown drag car.

I will try and convince him to go to the dyno (Dynojet) with me, I am interested in seeing what his car will do also.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

So I guess we will be the guinea pigs on E-manage vs. Uni-chip for this type of set up.
Yea, if I was looking for alot more horsepower I would definately go with a bigger turbo. The original goal was to build a kit, produce it, and make it available and affordable for everyone to get.
My wife and i have already been down the high hp road with an Integra drag car. Needless to say what started out as a basic project, turned into a full blown drag car.

I will try and convince him to go to the dyno (Dynojet) with me, I am interested in seeing what his car will do also.

There is one guy who did a unichip to emanage change but he was running a comptech supercharger with hope systems intercooler setup. I can't remember if he had any gains.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
that's bad ass

Quick Reply: Acura CL Type S Auto with mods.