You're Being Pulled Over!! Now What Are You Going To Do??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:49 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I have been pulled over many times in my life and I have to say that respect and honesty are generally good but you have to judge the situation. In my experience police will sometimes pull you over just to see if they can find something to charge you with. I have been pulled over several times where the officer said I was speeding and I wasn't and I respectfully told him both you and I know I wasn't speeding yet the officer was looking for something else to charge me with (front tinted windows, no seat belts, no front license plate, etc) and when it was apparent he had nothing I was let go without a citation. My philosophy is to be respectful but don't just give in to them if you know without a doubt you weren't doing anything wrong. I know in these situations I'm talking about that if I would have accepted what they told me without saying anything or acted like I was guilty then I would have driven away with a ticket. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I never got written up I have but those were times when I was without a doubt violating traffice codes.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
I once blew through 2 red lights in a row, got off with a warning.
Officer: Do you know why I stopped you?
Me: Yeah... kinda went through those two big red light bulbs
Officer: Any reason why?
Me: I get stopped at them every day and they piss me the hell off
Then he said ok and walked back to his car for about 10 minutes, came back and told me not to do it again. Worst part is, I blatantly did it right in front of him. My foot was already down and I wasn't stopping.

Edit: It's also not a dangerous intersection, both of the lights are there right next to each other for almost no reason.. it's an exit for a warehouse and 90% of the time you are just stopped on an empty road.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best solution is to get a pre-paid legal membership, and have the ability to contact an attorney ((24/7)) anywhere in the US and some places in Canada.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Burning Brakes

I fucking hate police. Every time i drive at night im always nervous as fuck because i don't want to be pulled over. I hate police with a passion.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidCLs6
best solution is to get a pre-paid legal membership, and have the ability to contact an attorney ((24/7)) anywhere in the US and some places in Canada.
Liquid,

Your intent is good, but I'm not sure if your advice is the most economical. I always think prevention is better than having a lawyer on a monthly retainer.

Also, pre-paid legal and a lot of the similar business models have a lot of flaws. Mainly, these multi-level-marketing business models in legal services often does not cover tort or criminal charges. And what they do cover are the common stuff most people can get done by themselves or use a lawyer at a cheaper price or simply stuff that most lawyers do for free.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tman89544
I fucking hate police. Every time i drive at night im always nervous as fuck because i don't want to be pulled over. I hate police with a passion.
Lol you crack me up bro. Yea, I do agree. I never ever speed at night, except in the "fun areas."

Anyways, hopefully knowing your rights make you less nervous so you can better protect yourself and get out of the situation with as minimal charges/fines possible. But remember ... the point is to not get pulled over in the first place.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Instructor

TO BE OR NOT TO BE .... A WISE ASS:

Well, I hear you guys. You're all right, sometimes being honest is better and I realize this. But sometimes when you get pulled over, your gut feeling tells you this cop has nothing on you and is just pulling you over going through his book trying to find something. In these cases, you can exercise some wise-ass-ism. If you think the officer ain't feeling your honesty, you can practice some wise-ass-ism. Or if you just plain out know you're getting the ticket, well wtf, might as well practice some wise-ass-ism!

Take for example Enron guys, lol! Not the most morally popular example, granted, but you get my point. If these guys can get moderate jail terms for stealing billions, why can't you use the same basic rights to avoid a damn ticket, or at the very least not to get more fines than the ones you violated?

Happy holidays. May you avoid a ticket this Christmas.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
i agree. i have been pulled over prob 10+ times for random things. just being nice and honest has gotten me out of the tickets about 75% of the time. im good with those odds.

i do agree that a cop sometimes has a general idea whether or not he will cite you before he even comes to your window.
i think you're a lot more likely to get out of a ticket just by being polite and respectful rather than asking "how can i help you?" 70 times.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aunggu2002
Liquid,

Your intent is good, but I'm not sure if your advice is the most economical. I always think prevention is better than having a lawyer on a monthly retainer.

Also, pre-paid legal and a lot of the similar business models have a lot of flaws. Mainly, these multi-level-marketing business models in legal services often does not cover tort or criminal charges. And what they do cover are the common stuff most people can get done by themselves or use a lawyer at a cheaper price or simply stuff that most lawyers do for free.
I believe that 16.99 a month is very economical, and i'm not here to back Pre-Paid Legal's business model... but there legal plan is second to none, and offers WAY more then most lawyers do for free. I first bought mine when I was 18 and I personally love being able to drive down the street at 3 in the morning not caring whether or not the cop on my ass hits the lights... ohh and being a smart ass is the last thing you want to do when a cop pulls you over.
although i do agree with most of your information and have found it to be very helpful.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:22 AM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I dont know about you guys, but around here if you get pulled for speeding the cops I have encountered already have you either on rardar, or you were goin some outrageous speed , so you already know u were fucked. My point is most of the time you dont even have any question ordeal. The citizens of the US are just sitting ducks for cops to thrive off their own citizens!!??? Its all so sad
Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
98 2.3 CL

well I guess the point is...if they have something on you...you are screwed no matter

but I think the original poster is basing on the fact that the officer may nt have anything for you but want to fish for something so they can give you a ticket...

for instance he sees you passing other cars on the road and clearly driving fast than other cars without any objective evidence...so he stops you wanting to get you a ticket...so he asked you "you know how fast you were going?"...

if you are honest and tell him you were going 10 over speed limit then he nailed you...

if you say nothing about how fast you were actually going and he has no evidence...he cant charge you...he can give you a ticket but it will never stand in court...
Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Back in a TL again.

Originally Posted by LiquidCLs6

FTL

only cover non-criminal tickets and send the shittyest lawyers. had them for a year one of the two tickets was reckless and they told me
Old 12-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Instructor

that sucks man, i know if they tell me no or if i dont like my attorney and/or want a second oppinion. then i just request a different attorney, its always worked out for me. but to each his own
Old 12-24-2007, 04:26 PM
6spder

i think the OP has some pretty good advice. like he said thou, those steps aren't like end all be all of what you should do. its ways in certain instances you can help yourself/avoid something, dodge a bullet rather.

also, i will highly suggest NEVER admitting how fast you were driving no matter what. b/c if u have to goto court later, it'll make your case stronger.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Ok, now for some real-world advice. Good friends with a Jersey State Trooper and the bottom line is be honest with the officer and in most cases they will cut you a break.

Sorry but your answers make you come across as being a wise-ass. I showed this to my buddy and he said without question he would write you up.
I also don't agree with the initial post, I've been pull 4 times with no tickets and I got out of mine by making the Cop feel bad for me (like I was stressed) which is not hard to do when you get pulled over, treating them like a person you have a lot of respect for, and when they walk away, PRAY!

At my job I work with cops a lot and if you give them a hard time or they think your being a jerk, trust me you'll get a ticket for something. I also suggest you call them sir, or ma'am (very respectful).

Narrative of next to last ticket I got out of: doing 54 in a 35 at 1am
Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Langston: Yes Sir, I was probably going too fast. I forgot something for my project (pointing to the bag) and ran out to Walmart to get it real fast, its late and I just wanted to get it done cause its final week and I need sleep and my group partners out of my APT.
Officer(5 mins later): I'm going to let you go with a warning...blah blah blah slow down
Langston: Yes sir, thank you, be safe.

Now a lot of times they won't allow you to talk that much I know, but that time he did. I also try to make sure I tell them I'm a senior Criminal justice major
Old 12-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nutshell
i hang on the excuse "officer i really have to shit and i was just in a hurry to get to my toilet"
haha i saw a show on court tv about some guy using that excuse he asked the cop how much was it to take a poop in the bushes.. so the cop let him go...
Old 12-25-2007, 01:50 PM
6spder

Originally Posted by supaman8118
I also don't agree with the initial post, I've been pull 4 times with no tickets and I got out of mine by making the Cop feel bad for me (like I was stressed) which is not hard to do when you get pulled over, treating them like a person you have a lot of respect for, and when they walk away, PRAY!

At my job I work with cops a lot and if you give them a hard time or they think your being a jerk, trust me you'll get a ticket for something. I also suggest you call them sir, or ma'am (very respectful).

Narrative of next to last ticket I got out of: doing 54 in a 35 at 1am
Langston: Yes Sir, I was probably going too fast. I forgot something for my project (pointing to the bag) and ran out to Walmart to get it real fast, its late and I just wanted to get it done cause its final week and I need sleep and my group partners out of my APT.
Officer(5 mins later): I'm going to let you go with a warning...blah blah blah slow down
Langston: Yes sir, thank you, be safe.

Now a lot of times they won't allow you to talk that much I know, but that time he did. I also try to make sure I tell them I'm a senior Criminal justice major
yea, like this is gonna work when u get rolled speeding on the highway, while OP's method will help more.

tehre are many ways to talk to a cop. all depends on the situation. I've been pulled over MANY times. I've gotten many tickets.

I have used OP's method's as well as other's. all it depends on the situation. His advice along with advice from others is VERY solid. you don't have to be ass to the cop and a dickhead. The answers to the questions are LEGAL answers. if you know your rights, you know thats all you need to say. If you already know you're getting the ticket, why not making it easier on your lawyer to fight the ticket, if he never admitted to how fast u were actually driving?

you guys need to step back from the computer and think about what is being presented b4 jumping the gun and flaming.

you shouldn't be a dick and some of the question answers sounded that way, they doesn't mean you need to answer the question word for word, its just a guide, use your own wording that fits the situation.

Trust me, for certain things, this is the best method. sometimes its not. like when u have a solid reason for breaking the law and speeding (according to the law, there is never such a reason)
Old 12-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this doesn't even belong in the cl forum...
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Originally Posted by Alperovich
yea, like this is gonna work when u get rolled speeding on the highway, while OP's method will help more.

tehre are many ways to talk to a cop. all depends on the situation. I've been pulled over MANY times. I've gotten many tickets.

I have used OP's method's as well as other's. all it depends on the situation. His advice along with advice from others is VERY solid. you don't have to be ass to the cop and a dickhead. The answers to the questions are LEGAL answers. if you know your rights, you know thats all you need to say. If you already know you're getting the ticket, why not making it easier on your lawyer to fight the ticket, if he never admitted to how fast u were actually driving?

you guys need to step back from the computer and think about what is being presented b4 jumping the gun and flaming.

you shouldn't be a dick and some of the question answers sounded that way, they doesn't mean you need to answer the question word for word, its just a guide, use your own wording that fits the situation.

Trust me, for certain things, this is the best method. sometimes its not. like when u have a solid reason for breaking the law and speeding (according to the law, there is never such a reason)
OK, so the differences are in the 4 times I've been pulled they were all during city driving. Maybe a state trooper on the highway is different, but I wouldn't know I haven't had any encounters with them. My Bel pro rx55 has done an excellent job (I use it almost only for highway driving). but I'm not flaming the OP at all i'm just saying the cops I know wouldn't respond well to that and would probably give a ticket, but these are cops, a bit different from highway troopers. Also I treat the situation as I'm not going to get a ticket, not as how I'm going to fight it in court. I remain ticketless with my method, and I think he said he has also. So to each his own I guess.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Instructor

supaman8118,

Well, I hear ya man. But like a wise man once said "don't let great be the enemy of good."

I don't mean for my post to be the silver bullet by any means. Every personality of cop is different because by nature, we humans are different in that regards. However, you as a "senior criminal justice major" and me as a law student both know that the job description of a peace officer is simply to enforce - often by citation as a means to deter by example.

And like many others have said in this post, my conversation examples are merely examples and even if one said them word for word, if said properly and with respect, no cop will find it harmful because after all, one would just be exercising his or her Constitutional rights to refuse to answer questions they think will lead them to incrimination and to refuse searches without a warrant. Wouldn't you agree?

My last traffic stop (Bay Area, California):

It was in a residential area in a more "ghetto" part of the bay. I was headed back home from a hardware shop after picking up some supplies and my clothes were dirty from yardwork, so i'm sure I fit certain profiles of people.

Me: Officer I have no idea why you pulled me over. How can I help you? (I really didn't)
Officer: Sir were you aware that you impeded traffic in that last stop sign?
Me: (Suspecting bullshit) Officer, to my knowledge I've been following all traffic regulations today.
Officer: What's that you got over there? (pointing to the bag of supplies I just picked up in the leg room area of front passenger seat)
Me: Personal belongings
Officer: If you weren't doing anything illegal, you woulnd't mind if I took a quick look?
Me: Officer, I don't consent to any searches unless you have a warrant.

Runs a check on my lisc and reg ba ba ba, returns. Tells me to "be careful" next time.

Now apologizing to any accusations would've made me guilty.
Consenting to any searches would've only turned up more questions which the officer is trained to probe of my wrong doings and would only waste my time and his time.

The best was to just exercise your rights and let him tell you why he's stopping you and what the charges are ... or - to well, you know.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Advanced

I got pulled over twice within 10 minutes on the interstate by different state troopers. I gave them both the "this car is a lot smoother than my old one" excuse (which is true)... neither one bought it. When the second cop pulled me over I waved my ticket at him and said "Look, you guys already got me!"
Old 12-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Originally Posted by shredoption
I got pulled over twice within 10 minutes on the interstate by different state troopers. I gave them both the "this car is a lot smoother than my old one" excuse (which is true)... neither one bought it. When the second cop pulled me over I waved my ticket at him and said "Look, you guys already got me!"
lol so i'm guessing they didn't give you another ticket??
Old 12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Intermediate

I used a book from NOLO press to go to court over a ticket and I won. I highly recommend it.

Here are some tips for what to do if you get pulled over.

http://www.nolo.com/article./catId/C...1/104/263/ART/

Well that link that didn't work. Go to www.nolo.com. On the top right hand side is a drop down called Rights and disputes. Click that and select traffic tickets.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
i ran a stop sign once and used the i had to take a dump bit (which i did BAD) he didnt buy it so he told me to walk across the street to a gas station to handle my business...i swear i was in there for almost 30 minutes...as soon as i came back i tried to giv him a handshake, he told me have a nice day & left me hangin on the handshake lmao

another time i was l8 to school & i was flyin on the beltway had to b goin 100+ and i flew by a UC cop...he hits his lights i didnt even notice....he couldnt even catch me but i pulled over anyways...he comes up to the car and was like, "Why the hell were you going so fast." i told him "I'm late to take a final and this is my most important class" I guess he admired my determination for class so he says, "Well you know if you wouldnt have slowed down i wouldnt have caught you. Have a nice day and slow down!" Boy was that the best day of my life lol
Old 12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by supaman8118
lol so i'm guessing they didn't give you another ticket??
No they did. Evidently state troopers mean business.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
this doesn't even belong in the cl forum...
This forum is for "CL DISCUSSION"
CL is a car.
Cars are often pulled over.
My post concerns being pulled over.

It belongs in this forum.

Plus I'm sure one or more mods have read this and they didn't have any problems with this.

All is well.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Instructor

or run away and get you ass kicked like rodney king, then be a millionaire.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MADMAN187
or run away and get you ass kicked like rodney king, then be a millionaire.
lol that's funny. Maybe I should just delete my original post and replace it with your comment.

Has 33/33/33 percent chance of making the buck, escaping, or getting killed.

Hey sounds like life.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
True . how about getting a good radar detector, we know not all of them work well.

++++++++++++++++++++++

A possible CB radio and tune in to the channel most truckers use on that specific route u are travelling. would only work on routes or highway routinely travelled.

it might be a good insvestment :})

....Big rigs/Truck drivers also drive above the speed limit too. But most of them take advantage of the great Buddy system on the radio while travelling on long commutes.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
i call bs on this

We've all been pulled over at one time or another. Almost always, the traffic enforcement officer has the upperhand; from intimidation, sirens, the sunglasses, and the gun. Then there's you - the person inside the car. What do YOU have? Fortunately, you have your rights on your side! But, how good are your rights if you don't know them?

Well I come with some inside information! I have family members who are in the law enforcement agencies and some who are lawyers. Over the years, I've picked up good advice that for me, has worked. I've been pulled over 4 different times and up to date - have never gotten a single ticket. I'd like to think the following information helped. And please, feel free to add your own advice/ stories/ experiences/ or comments if you disagree with what I've posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact #1: Traffic enforcement officers are trained to make up their mind about whether or not they "WANT" to give you a ticket before they leave their car. The only question is, CAN THEY? The way you should look at this, if they have the evidence on you, they will give you a ticket regardless, or if they don't, they're fishing for evidence - mainly, by using the high pressure situation that they've come to be comfortable with and you've come to fear, to get you to incriminate yourself! Read on to learn how to avoid this.

Fact #2: Excuses do not work 95% of the times. Unless it's real (you've got a pregnant lady in the back seat about to give birth/ someone bleeding to death) - your excuse will most likely backfire and you will lose your credibility (not that this matters).

Fact #3: Many traffic enforcement agencies place quota-like system for their officers. Also, the more ticket or arrests an officer has on his or her "jacket," the better it looks on their resume when they apply for high paying positions or are considered to be promoted. This means they're motivated.

YOUR RIGHTS:

Right #1:
Your right to not be forced to testify/make statements that would incriminate yourself (5th Amendment).

Remember that there are no right answers to any traffic stops, except one type! Here are some common questions:

-Do you know how fast you were going?
-Do you know why I pulled you over?
-Are you aware of the speed limit in this area?

Right #2: Your right to be protected from searches & seizures without "due cause" (4th Amendment).

Officers often use compound questions to trick you into giving consent to a search of your car and your belongings. While you try to answer one part of the question, the officer takes your answer and applies it to the other part of the question. An example is:

-Sir you weren't doing anything wrong were you? So you wouldn't mind if I looked inside your vehicle?

WHAT TO DO:

DO #1: Shut the fuck up (as much as possible)! Don't ever elaborate on the question being asked!

DO #2: NEVER REALLY ANSWER THE TRICK QUESTIONS! ONLY ANSWER THEM WITH YOUR OWN QUESTIONS, ALWAYS. THIS IS THE ONLY RIGHT ANSWER/ACTION to any traffic stop questions. It is best to answer their question with a question that does not answer their original question at all! Example:

-Question: Do you know why I pulled you over?
- YOUR ANSWER: Officer, why did you pull me over?

-Question: Do you know how fast you were going?
- YOUR ANSWER: Officer, I know exactly how fast I was going. How can I help you today?

-Question: Do you know the speed limit in this area?
-YOUR ANSWER: Officer, I know the speed limit in this area. How can I help you today?

-If they ask you other questions or ask you to elaborate on your answer:
-YOUR ANSWER: Officer, am I free to go or are you charging me with something?

DO #3: NEVER CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES! EVER! Learn these following phrases and say these without ever stuttering when asked if an officer can look inside your vehicle! REMEMBER - THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, ONLY YOU DO!

-OFFICER: Now you weren't doing anything wrong were you? So then you wouldn't mind if I looked inside your vehicle?
-YOUR ANSWER: Officer, I don't consent to any searches. How can I help you today?

DO #4:
COMPLY TO ORDERS, BUT NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! If an officer tells you to get out of the car, you do it. If he tells you to spread your legs, you do it. If he tells you to keep your hands on the wheel, you do it. HOWEVER, never answer any questions except with the answers above!

WHAT NOT TO DO:

DON'T #1: DON'T EVER LEAVE BACKPACKS/SUIT CASES/ OR ANY CONSPICIOUS OBJECTS LYING ON THE SEATS OR IN PLAIN VIEW. This is because if an officer sees suspicious bags or items on the seats, they officially have legal "cause" to search your car. INSTEAD, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BELONGINGS IN THE TRUNK OR GLOVE DEPARTMENT - WHERE THEY MUST HAVE YOUR PERMISSION TO SEARCH, BECAUSE IT IS OUT OF "PLAIN SIGHT."

DON'T #2: DON'T EVER BE SARCASTIC. They know the game and they know if you know how to play the game. Using the information above is playing the game and they will most likely not trouble you if they know you know the right responses. However, if you are being a jackass or a smart ass, they are more likely to be personally motivated by their ego to find more faults.

DON'T #3: DON'T EVER GIVE AN UNSURE RESPONSE: Your response should be concise, exact, and at the same time, never really answer the answer they want you to answer! Examples:

QUESTION: Do you know how fast you were going? ------ Saying no makes you ignorant, saying "I don't know" makes you unsure, so....

YOUR RESPONSE: I know exactly how fast I was going, officer. How can I help you today? ------- you never actually answer how fast you "know" you were going. Even if asked again, you will only repeat the questions, never giving answers.

DON'T #4:
NEVER LIE. If you answer and that is found to be false, you will only further your troubles. Instead of lying, your options are 1) silence 2) asking a question 3) shut the fuck up !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all you have to is answer the questions truthfully and be polite to the officer and more often than not they will cut you a break on a ticket....and not give you one unless your driving record is really crappy......

being a smart ass like this will DEFINATELY result in a ticket in most cases
Old 01-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Burning Brakes

I know some of you are mentioning the tactics might seem like a wise-ass move and that being honest works better. Maybe you're right.

However, think of a criminal prosecution for any other sense besides traffic tickets. You're always advised to never speak, never consent to searches, and never cooperate without an attorney present. The whole point of what I wrote was to not get yourself into further trouble by admiting the wrong thing or incriminating yourself further.

For example, if an officer asks you do you know how fast you were going and you answer, yes, I was speeding - you automatically admited to speeding and he will now definately write you a ticket, whether he had that evidence to begin with or not. This is because you spoke - you were honest. Now you got an honest fine, an honest ticket, and an honest point on your license.

Another example, if you share your car with other people and you consent to a search - and should the officer find something illegal in the car - a baseball bat, a knife, some weed, open alcohol bottle in the backseat, whatever it maybe - you're the one in trouble now.

The theme is the same throughout. You have to protect yourself in these situations and the only few ways you can do it are to exercise your rights and being a "wise-ass" when it comes to knowing what you must cooperate with or not. You DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION. And YOU MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE TO CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES.

If any of you doubt this, keep speaking and saying "YES" to an officer next time you get pulled over. And good luck.
it's illegal to have a baseball or softball bat inside the trunk? I play every now and then and i keep my bat in the car trunk.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:00 AM
noob

supaman8118,

Well, I hear ya man. But like a wise man once said "don't let great be the enemy of good."

I don't mean for my post to be the silver bullet by any means. Every personality of cop is different because by nature, we humans are different in that regards. However, you as a "senior criminal justice major" and me as a law student both know that the job description of a peace officer is simply to enforce - often by citation as a means to deter by example.

And like many others have said in this post, my conversation examples are merely examples and even if one said them word for word, if said properly and with respect, no cop will find it harmful because after all, one would just be exercising his or her Constitutional rights to refuse to answer questions they think will lead them to incrimination and to refuse searches without a warrant. Wouldn't you agree?

My last traffic stop (Bay Area, California):

It was in a residential area in a more "ghetto" part of the bay. I was headed back home from a hardware shop after picking up some supplies and my clothes were dirty from yardwork, so i'm sure I fit certain profiles of people.

Me: Officer I have no idea why you pulled me over. How can I help you? (I really didn't)
Officer: Sir were you aware that you impeded traffic in that last stop sign?
Me: (Suspecting bullshit) Officer, to my knowledge I've been following all traffic regulations today.
Officer: What's that you got over there? (pointing to the bag of supplies I just picked up in the leg room area of front passenger seat)
Me: Personal belongings
Officer: If you weren't doing anything illegal, you woulnd't mind if I took a quick look?
Me: Officer, I don't consent to any searches unless you have a warrant.

Runs a check on my lisc and reg ba ba ba, returns. Tells me to "be careful" next time.

Now apologizing to any accusations would've made me guilty.
Consenting to any searches would've only turned up more questions which the officer is trained to probe of my wrong doings and would only waste my time and his time.

The best was to just exercise your rights and let him tell you why he's stopping you and what the charges are ... or - to well, you know.

PWNED

you 1

officer 0
Old 01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rothshot55
PWNED

you 1

officer 0

Comments.................Anyone, here with extensive experience with using CB radios by tuning in to the channel most truckers use on that specific routes.

Truckers have saved me frm tickets many atimes.