Xephyr Performance CAI Sales Online !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xephyr Performance CAI Sales Online !!!

Well Everyone,

After way too much time and money spent setting up my suppliers, website, photos, etc.... We're READY!!!!! As of 9:30PM tonight my domain name of www.XephyrPerformance.com is still NOT ready However the accounts are set up, and the site is READY !! The shipping start date will be 1/31/01, Everyone who pre-orders will have their shipment sent that day ! I have not been posting much this week as I have been trying to set the accounts up, finalize arrangements with my suppliers, etc etc... The more of you that pre-order the less strain it will put on my budget as I have already invested quite a bit of time and money in this endeavor. So please all of you who can pre-order, do, these things will put me in the poor-house as I had to order quantities to keep the prices down. In all I am also now working with the same supplier/machine shops to prototype headers and sway bars for our beloved cars. I hope to be able to maintain a significant price advantage over Comptech/AEM, but as these will be higher dollar value items I'll really need to do my homework on the demand for these items. Enough stalling until my domain is processed by Network Solutions my e-Commerce site can be located at

http://64.177.148.124/

I really want all of your feedback and suggestions on the site. The site is SSL encyrpyted and PAYPAL enabled ensuring you against fraud. Realtime Chat is going to be up Saturday Night !!! So enjoy and help me to be able to launch this project with a bang!

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Type-S and CAI
Old 01-26-2001, 12:04 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Awesome!! How long will it take until you can start shipping out(if I was to preorder today...)

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.

Former post count : Over 492!
Old 01-26-2001, 12:07 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Oh duh, 1/31/00. Ignore my post

What kinda shipping you gonna use?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Banned

Shipping will be UPS Ground. It is the most economical in leui of the 5 day shipping time. I can however ship under 3 day if you request it. Once I receive a payment confirmation from PAYPAL I will Email everyone back individually to determine shipping needs and any other details.

Chris Koncur

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 01-26-2001, 12:16 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Urgh. Do I have to use Paypal? I think I am at the limit for spending on Paypal...I'll check it out though.

The only thing holding me back from ordering right now is just the warranty question. This won't void the warranty, right?

------------------
~Phil~!
Xephyr CAI on the way
Old 01-26-2001, 12:27 AM
Drifting

Man what is it with people using my images for there sites?????
http://64.177.148.124/products.htm

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm

[This message has been edited by WebToker (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 12:27 AM
Banned

For all of us that are worried in regard to voiding our warranty's... The Magnusson-Moss Act protects the consumer from having our warranty work voided by stating: (paraphrase)
A manufacturer can not revoke warranty unless they can prove that the failure was directly caused by Non-OEM modification. Additionally, specifically referencing air filters, Warranty's can not be voided by air/oil filters by the manufacturer unless they provide the at no cost. Again, Im not an attorney but this should not be a concern in any area other then hydro-lock.. where the AEM bypass filters warranty/guaruntee takes precedence if it should occur.

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 01-26-2001, 12:31 AM
Banned

Webtoker:

LOL Sorry about having to infringe on your creative genius... but it was for a good cause... ? right? BTW, why are you the only moderator listed in CarTalk now?

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 12:32 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please could you show how do you attach your intacke to the body frame of the car? I will not be happy if it is rubbing, making noise, or falling aparts while driving.

Also, I asume that your price includes AEM Hydro Valve, right?

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.

[This message has been edited by Nashua_Night_Hawk (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 12:33 AM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xephyr2K:
For all of us that are worried in regard to voiding our warranty's... The Magnusson-Moss Act protects the consumer from having our warranty work voided by stating: (paraphrase)
A manufacturer can not revoke warranty unless they can prove that the failure was directly caused by Non-OEM modification. Additionally, specifically referencing air filters, Warranty's can not be voided by air/oil filters by the manufacturer unless they provide the at no cost. Again, Im not an attorney but this should not be a concern in any area other then hydro-lock.. where the AEM bypass filters warranty/guaruntee takes precedence if it should occur.

</font>
Just out of curiosity, has anybody contacted Acura regarding the warranty? Its not that I dont believe you, but I have a 7 year extended warranty on the car and I don't want it to be voided...

===================

So is this thing going to be hard to isntall?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~hyper-white road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.~
~Xephyr CAI soon~
Old 01-26-2001, 01:01 AM
Banned

Iridium,

The install should take you less then an hour and a half from beginning to end. It is not difficult at all and only requires a phillips screwdriver, a 10mm socket, and a socket wrench. As far as Acura's official position I can only speak to the effect that I contacted two dealers (Not Corporate) and they gave an initial YES will void, however, upon asking to speak to their Service Managers and mentioning that Acura dealers use Comptech and AEM as OEM performance add on products in addition to the Magnusson-Moss Act, the position moved from the initial YES to a "Depends on the situation" and "If it is related to water-lock".... Basically the law states they have to... but do not misunderstand if they have a leg to stand on they will argue it. However as this has no moving mechanical parts, or electronic components, the only real possibility is driving through 16"+ of water.

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 01:13 AM
Team Owner

If it only takes an hour to install, how long would it take to un-install?
If you are worried, you could put the old parts back in whenever you go to the dealer for service intervals.

Would this work, or are there changes made to the intake that are irreversible?

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-26-2001, 01:17 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Plz respond to my question, thanks!

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 01:19 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
If it only takes an hour to install, how long would it take to un-install?
If you are worried, you could put the old parts back in whenever you go to the dealer for service intervals.

Would this work, or are there changes made to the intake that are irreversible?

Shawn S

</font>

Ya I was thinking the same thing. As long as we can put the old one back, I will make sure I change it out when ever I take the car in for service.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-26-2001, 01:47 AM
Banned

Yes, this assembly is secure and allows for slight torque flexing from the engine but does NOT wobble, shake, or rub the finish of the induction tube. Check the website under "Project Cars" the BMW 528 shows the brace and where it mounts (Not where the AEM does, approximately 1/2 down the induction tube to a factory bolt on the car). There is no worry of it "falling apart", coming apart, or breaking. Exception ofcourse being if your involved in a front impact collision...

The factory airbox/filter, resonator CAN be reinstalled in approx. 30mins. There is nothing irreversibly changed or modified. It will take less time then the install as you will already know where the bolts are and how to proceed. Again, There are no permanent changes to the car that can not be reversed in 30 mins. or so to have the car serviced by Acura. Everything comes off without any destruction and everything goes back on the same way

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 02:06 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Another thing you did not answer... What is the deal about AEM Valve thing...

none of your project cars has one installed!!!

Can we see a setup with one AEM valve..?

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 02:20 AM
Racer

$185 for the intake?

I thought it was priced between $135-150. Also someone on here got an intake from you for $75(from what I remember reading)

Why is it the prices keep going up everytime I hear/read an update? Please

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 02:40 AM
Banned

Jayru:

The matter of cost is due to the fact that the original prototype was constructed of polished stainless steel not the 6061-T6 Aluminum. This stock of aluminum is standard for all CAI which list for well over $200 w/o bypass filter. It is resistant to corrosion, rust, and HEAT much better then stainless steel. Also it adds or actually subtracts half of the weight. The aluminum stock has to be bought, then custom bent for each application, then polished to a #6 grade finish. With the addition of K&N Filtercharger filter, quick release clamps, adding more cost. Also the bypass valve from AEM is 39.00 alone. I have fabricated a prototype that I posted on the site will be provided for the cost of shipping to all Acura-CL.com members. It will be ready in 2-3 weeks. I am not contracting runs of 1,000 units with my suppliers as AEM, IceMan, etc.. do .. therefore I do not qualify for any discounts with the suppliers. People I started this project because of the interest shown in my intake. If the order quantities increase or show a regular pattern I will have a little more clout to negotiate better rates. And the overall consensus was it would be a great value if I could bring it to market under $200.00. No other vendor uses the grade of material that I do (6061 T6 Aluminum, K&N Filters, quick release clamps, dual ram-air/cold air capability, and bypass valve **Very Soon**) For under $200.00. I have gone out of my way putting money and time into this product to get it to market as AEM is offsetting their TTM by another 2 months, and utilizing the same or better grade materials.

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 02:51 AM
Pro

I agree Xephyr has used higher quality products and is trying to sell his product as a very competitive price.. much lower than what other companies would sell their CAI for.

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
* no navi, spoiler, mudguards
* wheel locks, full front mask
* fenderwell and door trim
* soon Comptech springs and sways
* 5% tint rear side, back
Old 01-26-2001, 03:23 AM
Suzuka Master

What about CARB? Are you CARB compliant? I'm in Los Angeles, home of the smog nazis. Even if the car beats emission requirements, they will still kick one's rear.

I know I've got a 2 year grace period before the first smog check, but the CARB sticker is everything. Plus there is always that nasty person who can call that Gross Polluter Hot line -- and haul you in anyway.

Let me know. It looks like you make a nice product *and* I don't know when AEM is going to convert 3 months to US months.

Thanks...

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ Navi.
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
Old 01-26-2001, 03:30 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
What about CARB? Are you CARB compliant? I'm in Los Angeles, home of the smog nazis. Even if the car beats emission requirements, they will still kick one's rear.

I know I've got a 2 year grace period before the first smog check, but the CARB sticker is everything. Plus there is always that nasty person who can call that Gross Polluter Hot line -- and haul you in anyway.

Let me know. It looks like you make a nice product *and* I don't know when AEM is going to convert 3 months to US months.

Thanks...

</font>
Couldn't you just swap it out when every you had to get it inspected?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-26-2001, 03:36 AM
w.t.f., mate?

So how many of you have pre-ordered?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~hyper-white road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.~
~Xephyr CAI soon~
Old 01-26-2001, 03:37 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
Couldn't you just swap it out when every you had to get it inspected?

</font>

Well, we have the CHP *and* they had equipment checks. I haven't seen it in years, but that was the old trick years ago. Plus there is a really nasty fine for messing with anything on your car that alters smog. Yes, I've done it, but I said I would never do it again. (That is a 20 year story of cars that met emmisions, but caused nothing but trouble for me and my car crazy friends...)

------------------
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
Old 01-26-2001, 04:20 AM
Racer

I am going to feel really bad if no one ends up buying his design, after all the effort. I am just afraid there hasnt been as much R&D as the AEM would/should have.

------------------
CoMpTeCh HeAdErS
eIbAcH sPrInGs
Old 01-26-2001, 04:22 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJ Silver Type-S:
I am going to feel really bad if no one ends up buying his design, after all the effort. I am just afraid there hasnt been as much R&D as the AEM would/should have.

</font>
I am going to purchase one, so I know he has sold at least 1 ;-)

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-26-2001, 04:26 AM
Banned

CARB Exemption:

I have applied for the California Air Regulation Board Exemption. I will scan and post copies of the forms on my website. I do not see any reason this will not be approved as the design specs, material, and filter types are identical to those used by AEM, Dinan, etc... look below:

D-392-6
----------
8/18/99 Advanced Engine Management
-------------------
Air Filter/ Intake Modification
-------------------
See E.O. for Part Nos. See E.O. for specifications. The intake systems are for use on various Honda and Acura vehicles, including those certified to TLEV, LEV, and ULEV exhaust emission standards.

D-392-5
----------
8/10/99 Advanced Engine Management
-------------------
-------------------
See E.O. for Part Nos. See E.O. for specifications. The intake systems are for use on various Honda and Acura vehicles, including those certified to TLEV, LEV, and ULEV exhaust emission standards.

D-176-14
----------
12/29/99 Dinan Engineering, Inc.
-------------------
-------------------
See E.O. for actual part no. and applications 1992 to 2000 BMW vehicles The High Flow Cold Air Intake System includes the following main components: K&N cone shaped open element filter, 3.5" tubing, and mounting hardware.

D-392-7
----------
1/25/00 Advanced Engine Management
-------------------
-------------------
22-418 1997-1998 model-year 2.0 liter Honda CR-V SRS: Same as above.

D-392-7
----------
1/25/00 Advanced Engine Management
-------------------
-------------------
21-418 1997-1998 model-year 2.0 liter Honda CR-V CAS: Stock air cleaner is removed and replaced with an open element air filter. The kit also includes inlet tubing, hoses, and brackets.

So ...........................

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 04:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah...Xephyr2K has an excellent product. If I had a CL-S and didn't have an intake on, I would definitely purchase his! Not only would I be supporting a fellow member, but i would be saving money and hmm...SAVING MONEY! He is using top-notch material and is keeping the price down so I don't know why people wouldn't buy his. I don't know him or work for him, so what I say is truly what I think.

Xephyr2K: Good to see that you are putting in so much effort to get these intakes out! I wish you the best of luck in your business venture!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-26-2001, 04:31 AM
Banned

Additionally for anyone interested...

AEM has not yet applied for CARB exemption for the Type S. They may apply for additional vehicle enumeration under the 3.2 CL Premium model, hoever , that does not look feasible as they filed for seperate carb numbers for the Del Sol / Del Sol S, Integra LS/ GS /GS-R, and our MAF is located differently....... Food for thought...

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 06:03 AM
Racer

xephyr, isnt AEM using a larger diameter pipe for the Type-S due to the larger TB? Is your design the same dimension as the AEM Type-S model, or the CL-P/TL model?

If it is the larger diameter, and you can make it in a silver powdercoat to reasonably match my silver car, I will definitely pre-order one.

------------------
CoMpTeCh HeAdErS
eIbAcH sPrInGs
Old 01-26-2001, 06:25 AM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
I am going to purchase one, so I know he has sold at least 1 ;-)

</font>
make that at least 2 (after the suck H2O test w/ AEM valve)
Old 01-26-2001, 06:31 AM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJ Silver Type-S:
...and you can make it in a silver powdercoat to reasonably match my silver car
</font>
c'mon, like he doesn't have a k'gillion other things to do - let alone making a custom color powdercoat!!!
Old 01-26-2001, 10:55 AM
Racer

Xephyr,

I'm definitely going to buy one. The question is, are you still willing to install it for me? So, should I order one from the site or get it directly from you. I understand that you're busy with this new business of yours, so it would be totally up to your convenience. Let me know, and I'll either order it from the site and bring it to you, get it from you when you're ready to install it...this way we wouldn't have to worry about the shipping. Later...

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
No Mods yet
Getting V-AFC soon
Old 01-26-2001, 11:12 AM
Banned

CLS16,

Well if you purchase online, you and I can schedule an install date and I will install it here w/o shipping it to you first. This way it will save you some $ on shipping charges.

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 11:33 AM
Racer

CLS16,

Well if you purchase online, you and I can schedule an install date and I will install it here w/o shipping it to you first. This way it will save you some $ on shipping charges.

</font>
Cool! Then, should I order it today, and you and I can setup a day for the installation. Let me know when is good for you.

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
No Mods yet
Getting V-AFC soon
Old 01-26-2001, 12:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Let me know (or do post us) when the CARB stuff is in order. I would like the unit with the "relief valve"...

Thanks for the CARB info.

It looks like you will beat AEM if they haven't even tried to get the CARB underway.

------------------
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
Old 01-26-2001, 12:35 PM
Drifting

"I have fabricated a prototype that I posted on the site will be provided for the cost of shipping to all Acura-CL.com members."
What does the above mean?

------------------
Eat Safe, Use Condiments
red CL-S, non-Nav
Old 01-26-2001, 12:57 PM
Banned

Bypass Valve:

What that line so confusingly stated was that I will provide the Bypass valve to Acura-CL.Com members at not cost for those that order the intake. The lead time on the valve is 2-3 weeks to arrange a machine shop to produce them. So to reiterate I will send everyone from Acura-CL.Com the valve for the cost of shipping alone. The shipping should be less then $5.

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 01:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Integra LS/ GS /GS-R, and our MAF is located differently....... Food for thought...

</font>
Here is some food for thought, a little worry some too. We DON'T HAVE A MAF, we use speed density measurements, not mass airflow readingss to determine fuel requirements.

There has been and is not forseeable that we will have a MAF (typically a Karmann Vortex style). We use the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressue) and the MAT (Manifold Air Temperature). Based on these values (and others) the PCM calculates load and then fule requirements.

Speed density and MAF are completely different. If you are refering to the VSA throttle, that is what you attached to.
Old 01-26-2001, 01:34 PM
Intermediate

Is the Bypass valve just going to be a direct bolt on to the pipe of the CAI?
Old 01-26-2001, 01:56 PM
Banned

Scalbert,

Oops yes typo....

------------------

Quick Reply: Xephyr Performance CAI Sales Online !!!