Why do you race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001 | 05:21 PM
Instructor

Why do you race?

You guys can't beat any real cars- so what's the point?

------------------
2001 CL Type S Silver
unloaded
1999 Corvette Convertible Sebring Silver
6 speed BPP 394+ HP package
Eclipse HU, AMP, Changer
Diamond HEX silk speakers
JL Audio Stealth with MTX THUNDER
Ripper with VooDoo shift knob
2001 BMW X5 Black
WeatherTech Mats
Old 06-29-2001 | 05:36 PM
Banned

....I know...I just like inflicting pain and distraught on myself...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WildWolf:

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter with Cold Air Funnel and Ram Air Attachment
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-29-2001 | 07:56 PM
6 speed...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WildWolf:

</font>
funny... the sportbike guys say the same thing about 'vette owners...

(I know I do.)
Old 06-30-2001 | 10:03 AM
da da da

and what denotes "real" car?

A Camaro SS that's cheaper than the CL-S with none of the amenities the CL-S comes with and can't handle worth anything? Oh wait, any other "real" car is at least a good 45K (like the Vette). Oh well.

but anyways, racing is a thrill, win or lose. Thats why you still see a bunch of Civics racing and getting smoked, even though they can beat even less "real" cars than CL owners.
Old 06-30-2001 | 04:54 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by WildWolf:
<STRONG>You guys can't beat any real cars- so what's the point?

</STRONG>
LOL, now he's trying to an instigator.
Old 06-30-2001 | 07:11 PM
Banned

He needs a beat down Tom!!! He's trying to take away your board duties!!!
Originally posted by Tom2:
<STRONG>

LOL, now he's trying to an instigator.</STRONG>
Old 06-30-2001 | 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

the corvette is a nice car...i just LOVE the interior..it's so REAL
Old 07-01-2001 | 11:44 PM
Instructor

I wanna hear the stories of civics that can smoke z06's at this time please . a stock m3 would smoke your corvette mister. don't think you're un-touchable just kuz you have an 'american dream machine'. this reminds me of the scene in the fast and the furious where they pull up to that asshole in the ferrari. hahahaha
Old 07-02-2001 | 12:24 AM
I've seen this before...

Wildwolf, you just got fucked...
Old 07-02-2001 | 12:18 PM
Old timer

and can't handle worth anything?
You guys really need to testdrive a Camaro SS before you blabber about it's handling.

My dad's (stock) Z28 will take any CL-S through the twisties - the V8 Camaros have GREAT handling.

I've taken near-90degree turns at 45+mph and not even squealed tires going around them, the car is practically on rails through the turns.

Unlike our car that leans and skids and is all pathetic through the turns.

Just wanted to enlighten you about Camaro handling.

-J
Old 07-02-2001 | 01:38 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

You forgot one of your mods ... a booster seat. That is the only way your troll-ass could see over the dashboard.

By the way I like my fixed up over priced Accord.
Old 07-02-2001 | 02:48 PM
magnet

<STRONG>You guys can't beat any real cars- so what's the point?

</STRONG>
what do you call a real car a corvette wjy cuzx its v8 and fast........my friend has a hatchback civic that will definetly dust a vette so would that be a real car cuz it beats your vette
Old 07-02-2001 | 09:34 PM
Instructor

a stock m3 would smoke your corvette mister. don't think you're un-touchable just kuz you have an 'american dream machine'. hahahaha[/QB][/QUOTE]

I am the one who is laughing! There are only a handful of things beating my vette- Turbo Porsche's, Vipers, Lambo's, McLaren's, Only the fastest Ferrari's, and the highly modded rice burner (RX7 and Supra). Your M3 can kiss my vette's ass!
Old 07-02-2001 | 09:36 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Bluto:
<STRONG>You forgot one of your mods ... a booster seat. That is the only way your troll-ass could see over the dashboard.

By the way I like my fixed up over priced Accord.</STRONG>
Troll-ass??? Please!!! Get a life moron!
Old 07-02-2001 | 11:39 PM

<STRONG>

Troll-ass??? Please!!! Get a life moron!</STRONG>
I'm too busy over the Civic and Sentra boards telling them they "can't beat any real cars" to have a life of my own.

You don't own a CLS. You come to this board and imply any car we 'beat' in a race is not real? You don't provide any useful information or make any valid points. You are a troll.

The Corvette is a nice sports car. Too bad some of the owners need a clue. A car does not make the person. You forgot to buy the attitude adjustment package. Don't worry. It all catches up with you in the end.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]
Old 07-03-2001 | 07:26 AM
da da da

highly modded rice burner (RX7 and Supra). [/QB]
Since when were Supras and RX7s considered rice burners?

Last time I heard they were real Japanese sports cars, not on the same level as Civics with farting exhausts.
Old 07-03-2001 | 04:16 PM
Banned

Is that you ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!?!
<STRONG>

Troll-ass??? Please!!! Get a life moron!</STRONG>
Old 07-04-2001 | 02:26 PM
Instructor

<STRONG>

You don't own a CLS. You come to this board and imply any car we 'beat' in a race is not real? You don't provide any useful information or make any valid points. You are a troll.

The Corvette is a nice sports car. Too bad some of the owners need a clue. A car does not make the person. You forgot to buy the attitude adjustment package. Don't worry. It all catches up with you in the end.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]</STRONG>
Jackass- I do have a CLS. I have owned many rice burners in my time- there is a huge difference between the vette and these rice burners! Just because you have an inferiority complex don't take it out on me- I just tell it like it is.

Old 07-04-2001 | 07:44 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>Is that you ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!?! </STRONG>

Old 07-05-2001 | 10:20 AM

<STRONG>

Jackass- I do have a CLS. I have owned many rice burners in my time- there is a huge difference between the vette and these rice burners! Just because you have an inferiority complex don't take it out on me- I just tell it like it is.

</STRONG>
You own a CLS? Your sig says 'unloaded' - as in sold or traded.

Inferiority complex - You are the one online, trying to define a 'real car,'getting defensive over your Corvette, on an Acura forum. The CLS is not a real sports car. Maybe that is what you implied in you original post? Keep telling it like it is, everyone can have their own opinion. :p

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]
Old 07-05-2001 | 11:22 AM

<STRONG>Is that you ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!?! </STRONG>
Didn't ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM go BYE BYE BYE when people wanted to see some pictures.
Old 07-05-2001 | 01:46 PM
Instructor

<STRONG>
You own a CLS? Your sig says 'unloaded' - as in sold or traded.

Inferiority complex - You are the one online, trying to define a 'real car,'getting defensive over your Corvette, on an Acura forum. The CLS is not a real sports car. Maybe that is what you implied in you original post? Keep telling it like it is, everyone can have their own opinion. :p

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]</STRONG>
It says "unloaded" because I did not get the stupid NAV, or the wing or the mudflap. I use it as my commuter car to and from work. I am just trying to figure out why people race these cars. They are definitely not race cars and most luxury sedans can take this car in the quarter (Jaquar, Audi, Infinity, Lexus, etc...)
Old 07-05-2001 | 02:34 PM

<STRONG>

It says "unloaded" because I did not get the stupid NAV, or the wing or the mudflap. I use it as my commuter car to and from work. I am just trying to figure out why people race these cars. They are definitely not race cars and most luxury sedans can take this car in the quarter (Jaquar, Audi, Infinity, Lexus, etc...)</STRONG>
People race everything and anything. There is a guy who lives near me with a diesel Ford F250 running a propane injection kit. Drives it like a Ferrari and I've never seen it tow or haul anything.

I see so many people modding their cars to improve this and that ... how about some driver improvement? Take a defensive driving class, go to a 2-3 day racing school or something. Most people can't safely drive at the limits of their car, but try. Additional HP seems to add to the problem. People slam camaros and mustangs for their handling. They actually handle very good, just very unforgiving.

The price/performance/luxury on the CL is hard to beat. But, a V8 or forced induction is nothing to overlook. There is always somebody faster.
Old 07-05-2001 | 06:17 PM
Banned

We missed you ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM....
<STRONG>

It says "unloaded" because I did not get the stupid NAV, or the wing or the mudflap. I use it as my commuter car to and from work. I am just trying to figure out why people race these cars. They are definitely not race cars and most luxury sedans can take this car in the quarter (Jaquar, Audi, Infinity, Lexus, etc...)</STRONG>
Old 07-05-2001 | 06:18 PM
Instructor

<STRONG>

... how about some driver improvement? Take a defensive driving class, go to a 2-3 day racing school or something. Most people can't safely drive at the limits of their car, but try. Additional HP seems to add to the problem. People slam camaros and mustangs for their handling. They actually handle very good, just very unforgiving.

.</STRONG>
I KNOW you are not suggesting I take defensive driving! Not only did I attend race school, but I was also an instructor and raced my RX7 Turbo for more than 5 years. I sold my RX7 the day before my son was born.

It's only a matter of time before my son and I get into shifter karts.
Old 07-05-2001 | 06:21 PM
Banned

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM....you're so much older now!?! A kid...congratulations...
<STRONG>

I KNOW you are not suggesting I take defensive driving! Not only did I attend race school, but I was also an instructor and raced my RX7 Turbo for more than 5 years. I sold my RX7 the day before my son was born.

It's only a matter of time before my son and I get into shifter karts. </STRONG>
Old 07-05-2001 | 09:34 PM

<STRONG>

It's only a matter of time before my son and I get into shifter karts. </STRONG>
Nope, not suggesting anything. I don't know anything about you or how well you drive.
Old 07-06-2001 | 11:14 AM
Instructor

<STRONG>ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM....you're so much older now!?! A kid...congratulations... </STRONG>
Who is zoom zoom zoom? It certainly is not me! I am the big bad Wolf!
Old 07-07-2001 | 03:06 PM
Instructor

This is what I call a dreamer! Trust me, he owns none of the mentioned equip in his sig. Why waste out time?
Old 07-08-2001 | 06:39 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by rwwlaw:
<STRONG>This is what I call a dreamer! Trust me, he owns none of the mentioned equip in his sig. Why waste out time? </STRONG>
Trust you??? A jerkoff??? What kind of proof would you like tough guy?
Old 07-08-2001 | 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

How about a pic of the vette and todays newspaper laying on the hood?
Old 07-08-2001 | 10:49 PM
Instructor

How do you post pictures on this board. I'll post my vette, BMW X5, Acura CLS, AND 98 Honda Accord with the days paper. It will be done on the weekend. Someone give me instructions and then y'all better apologize for doubting WildWolf!
Old 07-09-2001 | 12:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Oh my --

I was just perusing the AutoFocus Used Car magazine -- funny how the Corvette Section is the largest one, they really don't hold their value. Oh wait, no domestic car does.

Go buy a German or Japanese Car that'll perform like your Corvette, I guarantee you'll spend at least $25,000 more than you did for the "C5"
Old 07-09-2001 | 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=ubb_code_page

Displaying Images
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example.

In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.
Old 07-09-2001 | 03:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by TL_Type_S:
<STRONG>Oh my --

I was just perusing the AutoFocus Used Car magazine -- funny how the Corvette Section is the largest one, they really don't hold their value. Oh wait, no domestic car does.

Go buy a German or Japanese Car that'll perform like your Corvette, I guarantee you'll spend at least $25,000 more than you did for the "C5"</STRONG>

Your point is?
Old 07-09-2001 | 03:14 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Mike:
<STRONG>http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=ubb_code_page

Displaying Images
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example.

In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.</STRONG>
Mike- how about I e-mail the picture to you and you can post it for the doubters?
Old 07-13-2001 | 02:36 AM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>

Your point is?</STRONG>
That I can trade in my Isuzu Rodeo for a couple year old C5 and be just as cool as you! See, life ain't so complicated once you break it down.
Old 07-13-2001 | 02:58 PM
Old Member

Guys,

Same as Wildwolf and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, I have a number of expensive cars in my garage, including 2 Lamboghinis, 2 Porsches, 2 Vettes, 2 NSXs, 2 Rolls Royce, 1 Bentley, 5 BMW 850s, 4 MB S600, 3 MB SL600, 6 MB CL55, 9 Jacquars (various models), 200 Lincolns and Cadillacs, 4 Infiniti Q45(though they look ugly, too much money to spend) and 13 Lexus.

I can't post any pictures 'cause there are too many cars to take pictures with in my garage. I just cannot afford the time. However, I still can find time to tell you that my Acura 3.2CL-S sucks and my other cars are so much better than my CL-S. I just have no clue why I was buying my CL-S, perhaps I have got too much money in the bank

Well Wildwolf and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, three of us should have a meet, where we can show off our long list of luxury cars. I am located in Toronto. From the fact that you guys can afford the Vette and other nice cars, I don't think you would mind flying your cars and yourself to Toronto and have the meet. It probably won't even put a dint on your wallet.
Old 07-13-2001 | 03:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by clintoronto:
<STRONG>Guys,

Same as Wildwolf and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, I have a number of expensive cars in my garage, including 2 Lamboghinis, 2 Porsches, 2 Vettes, 2 NSXs, 2 Rolls Royce, 1 Bentley, 5 BMW 850s, 4 MB S600, 3 MB SL600, 6 MB CL55, 9 Jacquars (various models), 200 Lincolns and Cadillacs, 4 Infiniti Q45(though they look ugly, too much money to spend) and 13 Lexus.

I can't post any pictures 'cause there are too many cars to take pictures with in my garage. I just cannot afford the time. However, I still can find time to tell you that my Acura 3.2CL-S sucks and my other cars are so much better than my CL-S. I just have no clue why I was buying my CL-S, perhaps I have got too much money in the bank

Well Wildwolf and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, three of us should have a meet, where we can show off our long list of luxury cars. I am located in Toronto. From the fact that you guys can afford the Vette and other nice cars, I don't think you would mind flying your cars and yourself to Toronto and have the meet. It probably won't even put a dint on your wallet.</STRONG>

I am reminded of a song from the south park movie- BLAME CANADA! WITH THEIR FLAPPY LITTLE HEADS AND THEIR BEADY LITTLE EYES!! Dude- you are just jealous! Take your socialized healthcare and shove it up your ass!

You can send me a ticket anytime you want... The address is YOUR MOMMAS HOUSE!

I never said the CLS sucks- just not a race car.
Old 07-13-2001 | 06:11 PM
magnet

i have a race car j/k a cl-s isnt a race its a luxury sport coupe

Quick Reply: Why do you race?