what would i need with a SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001 | 08:02 AM
Burning Brakes

what would i need with a SC?

what would i need with a SC? like you know how turbo's need blow-off valves, intercoolers, wastegates, etc. what would a SC need? would i need to replace the tranny? buy other stuff?
Old 07-22-2001 | 01:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by mr5parkle:
<STRONG>what would i need with a SC? like you know how turbo's need blow-off valves, intercoolers, wastegates, etc. what would a SC need? would i need to replace the tranny? buy other stuff? </STRONG>
Intercooler, Tranny, Level 10 TC wouldnt hurt. I thought wastegate and blow off valves were just for Turbos. But i think i might be wrong
Old 07-22-2001 | 07:27 PM
Coming to a city near you

J&S safeguard unit to help control detonation.
Old 07-22-2001 | 07:47 PM
Racer

<STRONG>what would i need with a SC? like you know how turbo's need blow-off valves, intercoolers, wastegates, etc. what would a SC need? would i need to replace the tranny? buy other stuff? </STRONG>
Retard ignition 1-2 degrees depending on flow increase. You may require higher octane, but not likely.

The SC will provide added low end grunt, which the tranny can handle. The SC will serve to increase torque some, but more importantly, it will move it down in the rev range. The tranny doesn't much care where in the rev range the torque is produced - just how much.
Old 07-22-2001 | 08:59 PM
Racer

a car that has a supercharger available....try a prelude
Old 07-22-2001 | 09:41 PM
Pro

A typical SC package would consist of the necessary pipings/tubings custom made for that particular car. Depending on how much PSI you want, this also may necessitate larger fuel injectors, ignition system for better sparks and timing retardation for detonation prevention, ECU upgrade, and intercooler, along with a smaller pulley. Most packaged SC will only run 3-5 PSI,thus making the above mentioned equipments unnecesary.

In summary, a simple mild SC package would consist of the necessary pipings/tubings and an SC with the appropriate pulley/belts. You will also benefit from adding a CAI intake, headers, and exhaust to fully maximize the available boost. An upgraded ignition system may be beneficial but not necessary when running low boost.
Old 07-23-2001 | 02:03 AM
Cruisin'

A warranty...
Old 07-23-2001 | 01:45 PM
magnet

on our cars a 6sp tranny
Old 07-23-2001 | 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FDao:
<STRONG>

A typical SC package would consist of the necessary pipings/tubings custom made for that particular car. Depending on how much PSI you want, this also may necessitate larger fuel injectors, ignition system for better sparks and timing retardation for detonation prevention, ECU upgrade, and intercooler, along with a smaller pulley. Most packaged SC will only run 3-5 PSI,thus making the above mentioned equipments unnecesary.

In summary, a simple mild SC package would consist of the necessary pipings/tubings and an SC with the appropriate pulley/belts. You will also benefit from adding a CAI intake, headers, and exhaust to fully maximize the available boost. An upgraded ignition system may be beneficial but not necessary when running low boost.</STRONG>
I agree...however, if you plan on launching your CL with that much torque...I would plan on adding billet CV axles...as stock Honda CV axles don't like gobs of torque off the line...
Old 07-23-2001 | 03:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by FDao:
<STRONG>

In summary, a simple mild SC package would consist of the necessary pipings/tubings and an SC with the appropriate pulley/belts. You will also benefit from adding a CAI intake, headers, and exhaust to fully maximize the available boost. An upgraded ignition system may be beneficial but not necessary when running low boost.</STRONG>
So you and JDL75 dont think we need a tranny? Then what has all this fuss been on the board been about needing a new tranny and peoples trannys breaking down just on normal use, and not that many miles on it?