Weapon-R Secret Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
'01 CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weapon-R Secret Intake

Has anyone ever had or have a Weapon-R Secret intake? If so are they decent compared to AEM, Injen, ect? Would anyone recommend one for a CL-S?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm Cool

never heard of it, lol i guess tahts y its a secret. Might want to look into the comptech icebox while ur at it
Old 04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
'01 CL-S

Here is the website for the intake:

http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora....&ppinc=search2
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that intake just looks like a piece of sh!t.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brianlin87
it is. There is no comparison. Had it on my GSR and it was the biggest waste of $ I will never buy ANYTHING from Weapon R ever again
Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Comptech air box
Old 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Really? I was under the assumption that W-R made a decent product? Of course, that was a few years ago when one of my ex's had one on her Civic.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Instructor

I used to have AEM Cai, now I have Secret Weapon, I can tell from real experience, not from guessing( like some "smart ass" members here) that Secret weapon its better hp gains and better sound. And it cost about the same as Aem
Old 04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by tommy020
I used to have AEM Cai, now I have Secret Weapon, I can tell from real experience, not from guessing( like some "smart ass" members here) that Secret weapon its better hp gains and better sound. And it cost about the same as Aem
show the dyno. otherwise the weapon R/secret weapon whatever the junk is called are all ebay BS parts imo. might as well get goldline springs and a jt autobody kit while you're at it.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Instructor

show the dyno. otherwise the weapon R/secret weapon whatever the junk is called are all ebay BS parts imo. might as well get goldline springs and a jt autobody kit while you're at it.
man , all thr time I see you response its either crap or bullshit, the same way I can ask you to show me dyno for fucking Aem.
guess what you gonna show me one from Aem website,hahah
Old 04-19-2006, 05:44 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

man , all thr time I see you response its either crap or bullshit, the same way I can ask you to show me dyno for fucking Aem.
guess what you gonna show me one from Aem website,hahah
And why does AEM have a dyno on their website?? cuz they proved the gains made.

I'm not even supporting AEM douchebag, let alone i could careless about the AEM CAI because it's already proven CT Icebox > AEM.

Don't talk shit to me cuz you can't even begin to prove your weapon-R piece of sh!t is worth even half the money you bought it for.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say it gives the same gains as AEM. After all CAIs are nothing more than pipes with a huge filter
Old 04-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Advanced

I had the Weapon R intake in my old honda back in the day and liked it much better than the other intake that I had in there. Don't knock it till you try it. Weapon R makes decent products and have been around for a some time now. I remeber looking at there products when I got my first car. never heard anything bad about them. Everybody here is always AEM this and Comptech that, so you never really here about other products or you get some watered down biased opinion from somebody who has never tried more than one type of product in there car. I'm a big fan of both Comptech and AEM but if your looking to save a couple bucks or just wanting to be different, then go for it. I dont think you'll be dissapointed.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Advanced

I don't think anybody is talking trash just voicing there opinion. and CLSSUPERHERO is right it's just a pipe with a big ass filter on it.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
CLS is gone.. H22 TEG NOW

intakess.... u either get a few more hp or loose a few more hp... if u have money go for Icebox.. but then aem, injen, wep-R, and all those others are good but whats the difference between 1 or 2 extra hp gain? might as well save up for CT ice box for like 4-5 more..
Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Instructor

I'm not even supporting AEM douchebag, let alone i could careless about the AEM CAI because it's already proven CT Icebox > AEM.

Don't talk shit to me cuz you can't even begin to prove your weapon-R piece of sh!t is worth even half the money you bought it for.
go to fuckin weapon website and you'll see dyno for tl-cl for secret weapon, after you'll see it shut yourself up. Iam satisfied and this is all that matters.
P.S. by the way you don't even know how much I payed for it, so it might worth it, cause I don't pay retail for anything, you dumb. I can get Aem or even comptech for the price you can only dream about, hahaha.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

Weapon R has always kinda been a joke between my friends and i. looks like universal e-bay applications. get an AEM or comptech, and if your really strapped for cash, go buy a K&N cone filter and remove your stock box, and hook it onto the stock intake tube. i did that, power hasnt really changed up or done, maybe slightly up but again were talking about <5 horsepower. cost me 20 bucks to do and gave me the AEM sound with the hiss when i turn the car off. I get compliments on the sound all the time, and for 20 bucks it'll satisfy your mod bug at least temporarily, or for me it just got me started.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Instructor

do you know that production cost of comptech icebox its no more than couple of bucks, its all around cheap plastic. They sell it expensive just because they know there is a dumb ass like you or whatever who's gonna buy.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

go to fuckin weapon website and you'll see dyno for tl-cl for secret weapon, after you'll see it shut yourself up. Iam satisfied and this is all that matters.
P.S. by the way you don't even know how much I payed for it, so it might worth it, cause I don't pay retail for anything, you dumb. I can get Aem or even comptech for the price you can only dream about, hahaha.
why are your panties all in a wad?? because i don't like your taste in cheap shit??

the website is a piece of shit just like the product and just like you. on the website it displays a link for a comparison on TPR and their CAI isn't even listed. you can't even navigate a website correctly.

sadly enough you've bit off more than you can chew dumbfuck. I helped set-up shop for importhookup.com 3 years ago; a nation-wide distributor for a plethora of parts. ever heard of wrx.net?? o wait, the creator of that website is MY ROOMMATE.

don't even BOTHER starting with me as to how much who can get what parts for. can you say: ""??

stop wasting my time. ur car looks like shit w/ your ricer ass red emblems anyway.

o, and whatever happened to ur widebody dream?? o wait, u can't sell ur POS wheels for anything so you can't finish it can you...

gimme a break, you're a fuckin tool. i'm done with this.

if you want weapon-R, buy it. why should i give a fuck.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by phitheta
Weapon R has always kinda been a joke between my friends and i. looks like universal e-bay applications.
exactly.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by Stealth CL
it is. There is no comparison. Had it on my GSR and it was the biggest waste of $ I will never buy ANYTHING from Weapon R ever again
Old 04-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Instructor

why are your panties all in a wad?? because i don't like your taste in cheap shit??

the website is a piece of shit just like the product and just like you. on the website it displays a link for a comparison on TPR and their CAI isn't even listed. you can't even navigate a website correctly.

sadly enough you've bit off more than you can chew dumbfuck. I helped set-up shop for importhookup.com 3 years ago; a nation-wide distributor for a plethora of parts. ever heard of wrx.net?? o wait, the creator of that website is MY ROOMMATE.

don't even BOTHER starting with me as to how much who can get what parts for. can you say: ""??

stop wasting my time. ur car looks like shit w/ your ricer ass red emblems anyway.

o, and whatever happened to ur widebody dream?? o wait, u can't sell ur POS wheels for anything so you can't finish it can you...

gimme a break, you're a fuckin tool. i'm done with this.

if you want weapon-R, buy it. why should i give a fuck.
you really think you that smart, you think that only you have connections and nobody else does. So, for you to know, my father owns big firm in Europe( Russia), he is a distributor of all kind of auto parts and auto chemicals. We are taliing about containers of all that junk shipped to there every month, and you with you little piggy tail. He is also a general distributor of CASTROL motor oils in Europe, do you know what that means. Learn who is who , than start talking shit.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
simmer down. ppl. IMO the weapon R looks like shit. it may perform well, but it looks like shit. <<<<that is MY OWN OPINION>>>> get whatever you please. if i was to do it all over again i woulda got a Comptech. i had a AEM and sold it because i think it makes the bay look sloppy with a random metal tube in there.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Intermediate

you really think you that smart, you think that only you have connections and nobody else does. So, for you to know, my father owns big firm in Europe( Russia), he is a distributor of all kind of auto parts and auto chemicals. We are taliing about containers of all that junk shipped to there every month, and you with you little piggy tail. He is also a general distributor of CASTROL motor oils in Europe, do you know what that means. Learn who is who , than start talking shit.

Yeah im actually the Prince of Monaco. I usually drive around in my Enzo, but i bought the CL and spend time modding it cause the Enzo doesnt have that VTEC sound. and the CL came with navi. its a no brainer really.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by phitheta

Yeah im actually the Prince of Monaco. I usually drive around in my Enzo, but i bought the CL and spend time modding it cause the Enzo doesnt have that VTEC sound. and the CL came with navi. its a no brainer really.
o really? I'm actually a Prince of all of Asia -- I'm personally in charge of the Business Expo in 2010 cuz my daddy let me. o, and those Olympics in 2008 you normal folk watch, yeah i'll be there too. i actually designed the opening ceremony with speilberg. I'll see you there.

O yea tommy - My CL is just for my playtime but I drive around a Veyron because my CL lets me fit in better amongst you normal folk.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

o really? I'm actually a Prince of all of Asia -- I'm personally in charge of the Business Expo in 2010 cuz my daddy let me. o, and those Olympics in 2008 you normal folk watch, yeah i'll be there too. i actually designed the opening ceremony with speilberg. I'll see you there.
i think phitheta was kidding??? or was that directed at tommy as well? this is getting crazy.

O yea tommy - My CL is just for my playtime but I drive around a Veyron because my CL lets me fit in better amongst you normal folk.
rofffffle
Old 04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Wow the dude asked a question and it blew up lol anyways I will show you the way of the suction youngin. I dont have any CL dynos but these are from an RSX.

Here we have dyno numero uno
Stock airbox. Baseline h/p of 173whp. Normal Operating temp
http://performance.clubrsx.com/intak...runs/STOCK.jpg

Dyno numero dos
This ones for all you boys who swear by aem and brand names
Normal operating temperature shows an increase of .4 whp! wooo!!!!
http://performance.clubrsx.com/intak...TOCKnormal.jpg

and at High operation temp!!! A staggering 11 whp DECREASE
http://performance.clubrsx.com/intak...sSTOCKhigh.jpg

And here we have a comparison between an aem short ram, aem cai, and injen cai. Injen came out on top with a 12-13 whp increase
http://performance.clubrsx.com/intak...eakhighend.jpg

Overall the Injen Intakes are superior in looks, quality, fitment, and numbers in these three intakes, but if all your looking for is an intake and dont really care for it, a High temp coated ebay special with an K&N filter will do just fine. Don't listen to others when they knock on it. If someone could please provde a dynograph with a Comptech air box to compare it would be appreciated greatly. Other than that im done.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Advanced

Thanks for bringing it back Tommyt1. This was starting to turn into a my dad can beat up your dad thread. "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarted". LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 02:13 PM
*East Bay Representative*

Originally Posted by 1upacura
"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarted". LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
i think phitheta was kidding??? or was that directed at tommy as well? this is getting crazy.
it was a joke.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:24 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
uh, the cl-s is nothing like an rsx. anything performance wise you can buy from pep-boys (Weapon R) is a joke.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Intermediate

it was a joke.
it was definitely no joke, im totally the Prince of Monaco. and i can kick your prince of Asia ass.

JK.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 PM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

Ive got a secret weapon on my 1st gen Cl and I kinda like it. But what do I know? I'm just a kid (and the CEO of a parts distributor in Turkministan)... and ive only had it installed for three weeks
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
I would say it gives the same gains as AEM. After all CAIs are nothing more than pipes with a huge filter
thats exactly what i tell people.... cuz honeslty, its science!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
thats exactly what i tell people.... cuz honestly, its science!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:39 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

as much science as you and your double-post ?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Who cares, and intake is just a piece of tubing with a filter on top... just make sure the filter is good...

I mean material, bending, and diameter should be very similar in all intakes and if any difference is noted, it'll just be how well it goes under your hood for show.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm here in spirit...

As with just about any other "which intake should I get thread", this one's just as... :ghey: Almost as bad as an oil thread.

You're all a bunch of damn, 's

BTW: Brian, I told you I wouldn't bump the "Where are the CL women" thread anymore!
Old 04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Just put a pipe there with some pantyhose taped to it and you get an air filter while saving an assload of money!

Quick Reply: Weapon-R Secret Intake