Weapon-R Secret Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
BTW: Brian, I told you I wouldn't bump the "Where are the CL women" thread anymore!
like i told you initially as well.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianlin87
like i told you initially as well.
<-------- total post whore!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:02 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

it was a joke.
your an idiot.....
Old 04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by Mikes96TL03CLS
your an idiot.....
and ur current/past cars have all been ugly.

btw, you're is spelled as so; but that's ok. I'm the idiot.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 speed comptech icebox dyno

the design of the intake does help out if u try to make it as straight as possible, same thing goes for the exhaust... obviously u guys know this tho
Old 04-25-2006, 08:41 PM
7th Gear

I have a weapon-r hyper intake (not secret or dragon filter) and I personally love it, it is nice and loud and all the right times and not loud when you don't want it to be, and I have had no problems with it, in fact, i heard of weapon-r long before aem, a few friends had them on eclipses and accords.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Racer

Ton's of expert, CAI seat of the Pants, Web hearsay, Jr.Engineers here ! You've all tested with what ? Your ears and Brains. Weapon R has been around since most of you guy's were about 5 years old ( if that ).

This is why of all the car Forums I still love comings here the most. Never a Dull moment. LOL

You guys are totally out of control.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:15 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by jgscott
Weapon R has been around since most of you guy's were about 5 years old ( if that ).
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Racer

Here we go, another expert. So whats BS ?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Here we go, another expert. So whats BS ?
read the rest of the thread and you'll see all the back and forth comments.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tommy020
go to fuckin weapon website and you'll see dyno for tl-cl for secret weapon, after you'll see it shut yourself up. Iam satisfied and this is all that matters.
P.S. by the way you don't even know how much I payed for it, so it might worth it, cause I don't pay retail for anything, you dumb. I can get Aem or even comptech for the price you can only dream about, hahaha.

Hook it up!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
read the rest of the thread and you'll see all the back and forth comments.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Racer

Even er !
Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

Actually Weapon R itself may not have been around that long...but Weapon R came out of a tuner shop called Revolutions....it opened up in 1993? I forget. He actually has been around a lot longer than whoever's website you opened or started....

I just looked at the link...those are from the magazine. We did the prototype dynos on my CL. Im not knocking AEM or Injen...they are all basically the same...however, the stupid asses who buy the bypass on the AEM mind as well keep their stock box or save for a CT icebox.
For all your supposedly knowledge of stuff...you sure dont act like you know much.
Back up your argument about it being shit. If you dont like the look...hey thats you...not much I can say.

BTW, the sound of the Secret Weapon is LOUD!!!! When it hits VTEC.....makes all the others sound like shit....but then it does have a hum, but all short rams make it on the J-series motor. I kinda got tired of it and just got an Icebox...but i do miss the sound.

That is my honest opinion. Im trying to say it as objectively as possible. I did change out mine for a CT Icebox because of the idle noise....oh yeah, if you listen to the CAI on an AEM...you can hear the same humming coming from the bumper of the car where the CAI sucks air.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Actually Weapon R itself may not have been around that long...but Weapon R came out of a tuner shop called Revolutions....it opened up in 1993? I forget. He actually has been around a lot longer than whoever's website you opened or started....

I just looked at the link...those are from the magazine. We did the prototype dynos on my CL. Im not knocking AEM or Injen...they are all basically the same...however, the stupid asses who buy the bypass on the AEM mind as well keep their stock box or save for a CT icebox.
For all your supposedly knowledge of stuff...you sure dont act like you know much.
Back up your argument about it being shit. If you dont like the look...hey thats you...not much I can say.

BTW, the sound of the Secret Weapon is LOUD!!!! When it hits VTEC.....makes all the others sound like shit....but then it does have a hum, but all short rams make it on the J-series motor. I kinda got tired of it and just got an Icebox...but i do miss the sound.

That is my honest opinion. Im trying to say it as objectively as possible. I did change out mine for a CT Icebox because of the idle noise....oh yeah, if you listen to the CAI on an AEM...you can hear the same humming coming from the bumper of the car where the CAI sucks air.
You are correct. The guys name is Leo and he is very involved in the Japan Mod world over there to. He does do testing on all products.

A few years ago one of the well know Honda Mod Mags did some indepentdent test on different intakes on the Honda's. They tested about 5-6 different one. Weapon R did not dyno out the most HP, but..... they did Win each and everytime in the Quarter mile times.

I get fed up with seeing comments about things with no facts or Data. A dumb post with a BS flag is ignorance. I don't know about the Weapon R on the CLS but they have been around longer than Most ! It's a fact. Some people don't know their Ass from a hole in the ground.

BS is not being able to back UP anything you say Brianlin87.

Thanks Moon !
Old 04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
You are correct. The guys name is Leo and he is very involved in the Japan Mod world over there to. He does do testing on all products.

A few years ago one of the well know Honda Mod Mags did some indepentdent test on different intakes on the Honda's. They tested about 5-6 different one. Weapon R did not dyno out the most HP, but..... they did Win each and everytime in the Quarter mile times.

I get fed up with seeing comments about things with no facts or Data. A dumb post with a BS flag is ignorance. I don't know about the Weapon R on the CLS but they have been around longer than Most ! It's a fact. Some people don't know their Ass from a hole in the ground.

Thanks Moon !

dont be a cock
Old 04-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by o2cls
dont be a cock
?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Racer

dont be a cock
and :ghey:
Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Intermediate

i just installed my WR Secret. love it. honestly do. i dont know numbers, i just know I like it and that's really all i care about.

my 2cents
Old 04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
I know what I know. Since when did I ever have to explain myself?? I could care less what you want to do with your car. I've seen the progress of Weapon*R POS parts.

But because mr.moomaster over there wants me to speak, I will:

1. Weapon R's R+D department consists of taking another product on the market, copying it, making it with inferior materials, then trying to undercut the company they took the design from.

2. Revolution MS was changed to Weapon R in 1999-2000. I know when they first came out. I don't care "who" started it. The company is trash NOW. When I drove my prelude I purchased one of their first products in 1996. It was decent. My friend ordered something from them in the past couple years, and when I recieved it some of the holes for the airtubes on the pipe werent even drilled. I drilled them myself. Needless to say their quality control has gone down the shitter.

3. Why not just keep believing everything you read on that POS website. Forget headers and S/C, and the 3.5L upgrade when you can use "Weapon*R's Patent Pending Speed Velocity theory, By creating a higher airspeed in the intake path you increase airmass and airspeed, which greatly increase horsepower. "

4. O yeah, and these 'DRAGON FILTERS' they so highly acclaim. They damage up the throttle bodies due to the coarse sponge architecture, they were also recalled around 2001. But for some reason the bad filters are still vendored TO THIS DAY by third-party dealers; and funny to say the recommended internet dealers are actually colleagues with the mother company itself, just with a different domain name.

5. They used to make decent products. Maybe back in 1996. Back when people would buy products that were named "Weapon---" or "Akimoto---" or even "Tenzo-R". Puhlease. Try pulling that shit nowadays and those asshats all get clowned on.

You want more? Geez. There's PLENTY of internet sites warning people about Weapon*R bullshit. All you people gotta do is SEARCH and READ.

I get fed up with seeing comments about things with no facts or Data. A dumb post with a BS flag is ignorance. I don't know about the Weapon R on the CLS but they have been around longer than Most ! It's a fact.

So if a dumb post with a BS flag is ignorance; what is a person that follows up that statement with the words "I don't know about the Weapon R on the CLS but they have been around longer than Most ! It's a fact."???

Honda Mod Mags?? PUAH. None of those are EVER any form of evidence. Have you ever read C&D or MT or Automobile?? Are those comparisons ever the same if driving the same car?? No. Driver is subjective. If you've never put it upon a dyno yourself and don't have timeslips, why even bother "supporting" this company??

jgscott maybe you should read the ONE LINE that I quoted you. That is all I called you out on because you were talking out of your ass like a lot of your other stupid comments. You said that WR has been around since most of us were 5 years old?? How about you get your facts straight buddy, that company has been around less than 15 years.

THAT is all i meant by . Why not read before you post u fuckin' . Who cares who tests what on Weapon*R products, they're CURRENTLY all shit and will continue to be. Why not get your shit straight before you come at me. Don't talk to me like you know shit; you're far from it.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

I am and :ghey: and will no longer be a cock
thank you for understanding.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Racer

I know what I know. Since when did I ever have to explain myself?? I could care less what you want to do with your car. I've seen the progress of Weapon*R POS parts.

But because mr.moomaster over there wants me to speak, I will:

1. Weapon R's R+D department consists of taking another product on the market, copying it, making it with inferior materials, then trying to undercut the company they took the design from.

2. Revolution MS was changed to Weapon R in 1999-2000. I know when they first came out. I don't care "who" started it. The company is trash NOW. When I drove my prelude I purchased one of their first products in 1996. It was decent. My friend ordered something from them in the past couple years, and when I recieved it some of the holes for the airtubes on the pipe werent even drilled. I drilled them myself. Needless to say their quality control has gone down the shitter.

3. Why not just keep believing everything you read on that POS website. Forget headers and S/C, and the 3.5L upgrade when you can use "Weapon*R's Patent Pending Speed Velocity theory, By creating a higher airspeed in the intake path you increase airmass and airspeed, which greatly increase horsepower. "

4. O yeah, and these 'DRAGON FILTERS' they so highly acclaim. They damage up the throttle bodies due to the coarse sponge architecture, they were also recalled around 2001. But for some reason the bad filters are still vendored TO THIS DAY by third-party dealers; and funny to say the recommended internet dealers are actually colleagues with the mother company itself, just with a different domain name.

5. They used to make decent products. Maybe back in 1996. Back when people would buy products that were named "Weapon---" or "Akimoto---" or even "Tenzo-R". Puhlease. Try pulling that shit nowadays and those asshats all get clowned on.

You want more? Geez. There's PLENTY of internet sites warning people about Weapon*R bullshit. All you people gotta do is SEARCH and READ.

So if a dumb post with a BS flag is ignorance; what is a person that follows up that statement with the words "I don't know about the Weapon R on the CLS but they have been around longer than Most ! It's a fact."???

Honda Mod Mags?? PUAH. None of those are EVER any form of evidence. Have you ever read C&D or MT or Automobile?? Are those comparisons ever the same if driving the same car?? No. Driver is subjective. If you've never put it upon a dyno yourself and don't have timeslips, why even bother "supporting" this company??

jgscott maybe you should read the ONE LINE that I quoted you. That is all I called you out on because you were talking out of your ass like a lot of your other stupid comments. You said that WR has been around since most of us were 5 years old?? How about you get your facts straight buddy, that company has been around less than 15 years.

THAT is all i meant by . Why not read before you post u fuckin' . Who cares who tests what on Weapon*R products, they're CURRENTLY all shit and will continue to be. Why not get your shit straight before you come at me. Don't talk to me like you know shit; you're far from it.
Your Quote = "You want more? Geez." Geez me ??

13 Paragraphs and you say " you could care less " ?????

You just posted a " Temper Tanturm " for the whole world to see and you can't delete it now ! Are you not embarrased ?

Dude you need help ! You're wrong about more than half the crap you just posted, but I don't feel like reading another 10 pages of Whinning so stop crying.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Racer

Talking

thank you for understanding.
you are welcome.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:42 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Thread on hold.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Originally Posted by Silver™
Thread on hold.
you got to it before i did, thanks.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Back on topic fellas, nothing to see here, move along...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:42 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

clear your pm box dude.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Advanced

I cant believe you guys are still posting on this stupid thread. Cant we all just get along?