WARRANTY VOIDED!! need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ghander
people say that, but to this day i have yet opened up a sprayed car and seen the colored residue
Do any of you “old timers” remember the argument one member had with Jens from Park Avenue over this issue last year?
I believe Jens came out on top of that one with a whole laundry list of things to look for when spotting a car that was “sipping from the bottle”.
This is one of the most knowledgeable mechanics I have ever had the pleasure of talking to and to put it lightly...HE KNOWS HIS SHIT.

Shawn S
Old 05-10-2002, 02:08 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Shawn S
Do any of you “old timers” remember the argument one member had with Jens from Park Avenue over this issue last year?
I believe Jens came out on top of that one with a whole laundry list of things to look for when spotting a car that was “sipping from the bottle”.
I found it: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=52566

VERY good reading with the exact same “issues” as this thread.

Shawn S
Old 05-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Right-O Shawn..

I agree completely and whole heartedly with you on that one (Jens is da man, and Wayne also I might add ).

As for the whole lease deal, I was about the chock up a reply when I decided better and continued to read on through the thread (a good thing I did).

To be honest and completely truthful to you on this issue, I am thinking this is not worth the fight and possible reprecussions that could follow suite. I think it's best to take the NOS out, and probably not to even consider the Level 10 conversion (as I think was stated to be slated for the future of the vehicle). If you're able to get through with the NOS argument (if you decide to go that way), I am sure that the tranny mods would completely and utterly VOID the rest of your lease terms.

PS I don't know if you had mentioned anything about a system, but if you are referring to the stereo, I think that would have voided the terms of the lease as well.

Basically if you plan on leasing a vehicle, don't expect to make any changes which are not reversible (and it's up to you to take into consideration the financial feasibility of what reversible implies to here).

For the SAKE of anyone else here who has had transmission issues (without NOS modification), do us a favor and choose NOT to pursue this any longer. Chalk it up to one of those lessons you learn the hard way
Old 05-10-2002, 02:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shawn S
I found it: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=52566

VERY good reading with the exact same “issues” as this thread.

Shawn S

Heehhehehehehheh That was a great thread.

As for you my friend all I can say is good luck. Honestly, I don't think your going to get this covered as it's pretty much an open and shut case in my opinion. You use NOS, you go to a dealer w/ a tranny issue, you have a 100shot bottle hooked up in your trunk. If you just take that much information I think a conclusion is easily reached. In troubleshooting your car they opened your trunk is that a crime? I think not unless you specifically told them NOT to open the trunk. NOS may not have caused the damage but it sure as hell will be the reason why they don't honor your warranty. Be prepared to write a big check
Old 05-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Team Owner

I LOVE this line from the first post of that thread I linked:
Is it true that nitrious is tracable. Besides the fact of being a dumb-fuck and leaving the thing wired and in the trunk.

Seems quite appropriate now, doesn’t it ???

Shawn S
Old 05-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Advanced

believe me these guys don't have the smarts or knowhow to prove it. they would've done it by now. this guy gave me no excuses. i'm waiting to speak to the owner of the dealership next.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Now, you will have to deal with whoever financed your car, as now they can ask for full payment of the vehicle as you did not follow the terms of the lease, thus, ending all terms of it and are entitled to the full payment for the vehicle or return of vehicle without compensation.
What I am saying is that you broke the terms of the lease by installing something potentially damaging to the vehicle. They have documented this and you are probably leasing through Honda American Finance, correct? Now, if you read the fine print of your lease, it probably says that if you break the terms of the lease.....you probably have to

a) Purchase the vehicle immediately, through finance or otherwise, including all payments of the set lease and the balloon payment.

or

b) Not pay for the vehicle and have it repossessed with no compensation for any payments made.
Old 05-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by moomaster_99
you probably have to

a) Purchase the vehicle immediately, through finance or otherwise, including all payments of the set lease and the balloon payment.

or

b) Not pay for the vehicle and have it repossessed with no compensation for any payments made.
Wouldn't option B also affect your credit rating in the future? Talk about a double whammy.
Old 05-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

NOS BOTTLE

Get your car back. Slap one of those (above link) in there. Say it was all fake.

hehe

chit, I dunno. If your lucky Acura will give in. Otherwise I see a large withdraw from your checking account in the near future.

good luck...
Old 05-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Race Director

I'm not going to comment much only that I've read all of the posts. I think you guys know what my reply would be.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by SiGGy
NOS BOTTLE

Get your car back. Slap one of those (above link) in there. Say it was all fake.

hehe

chit, I dunno. If your lucky Acura will give in. Otherwise I see a large withdraw from your checking account in the near future.

good luck...
Old 05-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong- In your opinion, you think that the guys at the dealership are idiots...and the only way they knew you had NOS, was with the setup you left them? You are also probably thinking you can use the argument, "just because I had NOS setup, doesnt mean I used it..or it damaged my tranny" If all of the above is true, the bottom line is you are still screwed. They can easily due a thorough investigation and screw you. They have no reason to believe you. The visual evidence was there, if you were spraying..you're screwed. At this point you need to think about the lease, I still cant believe you did all of this on a leased car....

Originally posted by DG-T-S
believe me these guys don't have the smarts or knowhow to prove it. they would've done it by now.
Old 05-10-2002, 07:11 PM
Suzuka Master

OMG!!! sorry but I thi;nk your fucked man. when i saw that your car is leased.
Old 05-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

"these guys" work on Acuras for living. How could you say they don't have the smarts? If you're talking about the guys who wash your car after service, yea, they don't have the smarts for matters like this. Whenever something major like blown tranny happens, Acura or any auto manufacturer will want a thorough inspection of the car before they decide to fix it under warranty or not or even void the warranty altogether.

Well, I think you're screwed big time by spraying a lease car. Didn't you know that a lease car is NOT your car?

believe me these guys don't have the smarts or knowhow to prove it. they would've done it by now. this guy gave me no excuses. i'm waiting to speak to the owner of the dealership next.
Old 05-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Astroboy
it could always go missing.
LOL...ask MchTypeS j/k

That's a thought though...why don't you just drive the thing into a lake or something, get insurance to pay (you'll probably get kicked out, but hey, you can go to another agency) I've leased cars before and if your voided warranty has been noted, you're pretty much stuck with buying the car right out and by the time you realize how many payments you've made + the residual cost left, you now own a $50K CLS.

Good Luck though.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Banned

DG-T-S:
Damn I was gonna say good stuff too. If it wasn't leased they'd have to prove the problem. And I heard someone mention level10...you guys heard they're going to go under from lawsuits pertaining to their trannies failing yes? So those wanting level10...not a good choice...there are other better rebuilders anyway.

Since it's leased...I think they're gonna screw you in the fine print...better run and reread your lease policy quick bud.

Austin519
p.s. - 260 HP - how can you say they do just cause they work for Acura? Dude I just replied to a post where the dealership quoted 6 hours on a sways install. Come on now. For me, the guys scratched my hood when they did some work under there...then they scratched the trunk lid putting a new spoiler on. Some of the people that work up there are complete idiots I assure you...it varies from dealership to dealership. I think neither of you are qualified to say either way.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:24 AM
Advanced

yeah the guys that work here in miami are either really young kids or older mechanics that just don't have a clue nowadays.
everyone i know has had a bad experience there. all my friends warned me about this dealership due to their previous encounters there. the only reason i go there is b/c of its location. check out how they lied yesterday...
yesterday, i got there in the morning & i spoke to the service manager, who helped me in absolutely no way (just because was his big reply for everything). anyway, besides the 15k service the main reason i went there was for my underbumper splash guard. i had parked & screwed it up when i reversed off the concrete parking thing ( u should know what i mean) so i was dragging it around. remember how i said they checked on the solenoids & told me they would replace them, flush the fluid & then take it from there...
well, they never did any of that. apparently, all they did was open my hood right off the bat & leave my car untouched for 2 days. after speaking w/ serv. manager, i went inside to the cashier so that i could pay for just the 15k service & the underbumper splash guard. i get my bill & it says $0. so i go back & ask the service guy & he says they didn't do anything. so i speak to the service manager & explain to him how they just LIED to me. they had told me they first replaced sol. & flushed, then they said after replacing & flushing that tranny was still screwed so they were going to replace. all this time my car is just sittin there. they didn't even fix the bumper. they would've drove it up to me dragging that shit around same way i left it. they hadn't even performed the service.
anyway, i tell him to finish the service while i keep the fucking minivan till the end of the day. they did. i get back after work... it turns out, they installed the bumper part & didn't charge me for it or the install. they also dropped the price of the service by a huge percentage. then, when i get home i notice one of my rims was freshly scratched along the face on two spokes w/ a deep scratch & fresh black marks.
i'm going back...
Old 05-11-2002, 09:57 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty much to put it in a few words as possible your screwed man. almost all car dealerships(not just Acura)(Chevy,Dodge,Ford, Toyota, Nissan,all of them) if you keep on blowing drivetrain parts(like transmissions or clutchs) and they see a NOS bottle your warrenty is gone.
this is why I hate NOS. matter of fact they have about 2 miles of road that was shut down near where I live we have kinda of street racing on it. but the cops can't bust you for racing on it cause my friend owns it. anyhow if you pull up with NOS they'll tell you to either unhook it or go home. but they don't care if you have twin turbos or a hell of a Supercharger.
If you needed the power you should have waited on the supercharger from comptech man. sorry to be mean dude.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Banned

yeah the guys that work here in miami are either really young kids or older mechanics that just don't have a clue nowadays.
everyone i know has had a bad experience there. all my friends warned me about this dealership due to their previous encounters there. the only reason i go there is b/c of its location. check out how they lied yesterday...
yesterday, i got there in the morning & i spoke to the service manager, who helped me in absolutely no way (just because was his big reply for everything). anyway, besides the 15k service the main reason i went there was for my underbumper splash guard. i had parked & screwed it up when i reversed off the concrete parking thing ( u should know what i mean) so i was dragging it around. remember how i said they checked on the solenoids & told me they would replace them, flush the fluid & then take it from there...
well, they never did any of that. apparently, all they did was open my hood right off the bat & leave my car untouched for 2 days. after speaking w/ serv. manager, i went inside to the cashier so that i could pay for just the 15k service & the underbumper splash guard. i get my bill & it says $0. so i go back & ask the service guy & he says they didn't do anything. so i speak to the service manager & explain to him how they just LIED to me. they had told me they first replaced sol. & flushed, then they said after replacing & flushing that tranny was still screwed so they were going to replace. all this time my car is just sittin there. they didn't even fix the bumper. they would've drove it up to me dragging that shit around same way i left it. they hadn't even performed the service.
anyway, i tell him to finish the service while i keep the fucking minivan till the end of the day. they did. i get back after work... it turns out, they installed the bumper part & didn't charge me for it or the install. they also dropped the price of the service by a huge percentage. then, when i get home i notice one of my rims was freshly scratched along the face on two spokes w/ a deep scratch & fresh black marks.
i'm going back...
dude, you leased a car, then you NOSed it up!, and look at all your mods bro! What the heck were you thinking! Now your pissed at the dealership!! Your UNBELIEVEABLE!!! I leased an '03 TL-P 3 weeks ago, and I haven't done a thing to her! yeah, thats right BONE STOCK!!! I read my contract bro! This is my first lease ever, so I'm scared sh1t less anyways! This car is antracite metalic too, so you know its begging for a drop, lower profiles, tint, body kit, etc!, but I aint touching that sh1t! How could you lease a luxury sport compact(which means you probably couldn't afford to pay cash, or finance), mod the hell out of it(what the hell dude, get a camaro, save the extra cash!!), and get mad at your dealership(this was just unreal! I mean, If I was the service manager, Your SO F**ked!!!) I've read all the ideas people are giving you, and they have pretty much covered it all!
Old 05-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

If it makes you feel any better, from some postings on the MDX board, Esserman's service department is pretty bad. They hosed an MDX when trying to repair an oil leak to the point that Honda swapped out the car. Your best bet now may be to contact Rick Case Acura and -truthfully- plead your case to see what the best way to proceed is. Rick Case is very "mod-friendly" and would probably be more sympathetic to your problem than Esserman. From what I've heard, I wouldn't let Esserman change my oil better yet replace my transmission.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Advanced

First of all, if you were Acura and somebody wanted a warranty buildup of nitrous'd CL, would you approve? Secondly, shame on you for leaving anything related to nitrous in the vehicle; you should know that any major mechanical failure is followed by a witchhunt of causes on the part of the owner. Thirdly, you should either (a) expect that a transmission rebuild would be coming and should've searched around for competent aftermarket facilities to build up your drivetrain or (b) if you hate the idea of building drivetrain along with horsepower or aimed for easy 13-second timeslips, then you should've looked at a different (preferrably manual trannied) car like a V8 domestic muscle car.

Given that many transmission shops are highly trial-and-error with import trannies (my friend had 4 unsuccessful buildups of his Supra tranny at Le*el 10), you should consider doing a cheap rebuild, sell your CL and put moola and transfer your current mods to the 6-speed CL-S.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:33 AM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

have you gotten the final word on whether or not they are going to void you
Old 05-17-2002, 09:56 AM
2002 CLs w/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Astroboy
you have NOS in your sig...
if you had NOS in your car, at all, and they saw evidence that you did, you're fucked...and it's your own fault...and I can't beleive you don't understand why...
he is right, your fucked. Not to be flamming, but everyone needs to remember a CLs isn't a fucking race car, it can't handle NOS or most of this other shit a lot of you do. Just put yourself's in Acura's shoes for a few seconds, maybe a CAI and headers, but NOS.....no way.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:05 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

he's been very quiet he must of figured out how screwed he was.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Banned

If you wanna play, you gotta pay. The dealer should not be expected to warranty that.

I still have warranty left on my car. When the tranny grenades after my supercharger install will I expect it to be covered? Hell no.

You're screwed, but when you step up to the plate with a power adder you have to be willing to pay for what you break.