VA CL-P and CL-S drivers and owners......

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
VA CL-P and CL-S drivers and owners......

EDITED TO KEEP THE PEACE!!! JUST SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR OTHER DRIVERS....and for IS300 owners as well!!!

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: icy CL ]
Old 08-10-2001, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?????? did u have a problem or something? what is this about did a CL smash into yours or cut you off. am confused
Old 08-10-2001, 12:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by BusGradCLS:
<STRONG>?????? did u have a problem or something? what is this about did a CL smash into yours or cut you off. am confused</STRONG>
a very good friend of mine drives an IS300. the past several weeks she's been mentioning how CLs (both CL-P and CL-S) seem to always get real close or cut her off. yesterday she comes home really upset cuz some CL was sticking to the rear of her car...really close....i guess trying to intimidate her. and that pissed the shit out of me as well. she's in no way an agressive driver...and she's very carefull about her car just as some of us are with ours. and that's why i mentioned this....! if i was in the car with her, it would have been a totally different story. what ticks me off is she's very fond of our forum....she gets a kick out of some poeples smart ass responses as well as the knowledge some folks have about our cars. and yet there are some that tend to ruin it!!!
Old 08-10-2001, 12:17 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by icy CL:
<STRONG>

a very good friend of mine drives an IS300. the past several weeks she's been mentioning how CLs (both CL-P and CL-S) seem to always get real close or cut her off. yesterday she comes home really upset cuz some CL was sticking to the rear of her car...really close....i guess trying to intimidate her. and that pissed the shit out of me as well. she's in no way an agressive driver...and she's very carefull about her car just as some of us are with ours. and that's why i mentioned this....! if i was in the car with her, it would have been a totally different story. what ticks me off is she's very fond of our forum....she gets a kick out of some poeples smart ass responses as well as the knowledge some folks have about our cars. and yet there are some that tend to ruin it!!!</STRONG>

i think your friend is noid...i dont single out is300's to tailgate, i tailgate everyone....equal oppurtunity...
Old 08-10-2001, 01:19 PM
6th Gear

Originally posted by minla007:
<STRONG>

i think your friend is noid...i dont single out is300's to tailgate, i tailgate everyone....equal oppurtunity...</STRONG>
Couldnt have been said any better........
If u live in NOVA and cant get use to the driving here........there is only one choice.....LEAVE....if not just get prepared to get ran over
Old 08-10-2001, 01:23 PM

I agree, tell your girl to get used to city driving, or sell the IS and take a cab...
Old 08-10-2001, 01:48 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DUBS_-1:
<STRONG>

Couldnt have been said any better........
If u live in NOVA and cant get use to the driving here........there is only one choice.....LEAVE....if not just get prepared to get ran over</STRONG>
icy CL isn't saying NOVA/DC driving is the problem, but CL owners going out of their way to agitate an IS 300 owner. I can usually spot an instigator and I give them room to 'misbehave'.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:03 PM
Prez & GC, .Net

*sigh* And you WONDER why us import racer ethusiasts get such a bad rep as aggressive drivers etc....

Come on guys...grow up. Just because you own a CL-S doesn't mean you're God's gift to the road. You don't own it and you gotta share it with others.

Personally...as long as they are NOT in the left lane where I'll be traveling at warp speed...I don't care much about the other drivers. There's absolutely no need to pick on other folk's rides like tailgating them etc...especially if they're not trying to race you.

Just feel lucky she didn't call the cops on whomever did this. VA cops are being VERY fanatical about charging EVERYONE they catch with reckless driving, aggressive driving, speeding etc. And from what I've heard, the traffic judges these days are not very forgiving.

Dizzy
Old 08-10-2001, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Well said DIZZY! hey bud, where did u get ur pulleys installed and for how much ? :
Old 08-10-2001, 03:32 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dizzy:
<STRONG>*sigh* And you WONDER why us import racer ethusiasts get such a bad rep as aggressive drivers etc....

Come on guys...grow up. Just because you own a CL-S doesn't mean you're God's gift to the road. You don't own it and you gotta share it with others.

Personally...as long as they are NOT in the left lane where I'll be traveling at warp speed...I don't care much about the other drivers. There's absolutely no need to pick on other folk's rides like tailgating them etc...especially if they're not trying to race you.

Just feel lucky she didn't call the cops on whomever did this. VA cops are being VERY fanatical about charging EVERYONE they catch with reckless driving, aggressive driving, speeding etc. And from what I've heard, the traffic judges these days are not very forgiving.

Dizzy</STRONG>

dude, i'm not tryin to start shit, but I own a cl-s and i do NOT think i am god's gift to the world, nor do i think i owe the road...i think this chick is just paranoid and accusing all cl drivers of tailgating her...i get tailgated and cutoff everyday by all types of cars....and i do agree w/u about how VA cops are dicks about giving out tickets to everyone...i got one 2 weeks ago adn i'm hoping the judge will be cool, but i doubt it.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Everyone in md/va/dc is an aggressive driver. including me. she's just happen to notice a cl instead of another car doing it.
happens to everyone.

Next time i see a girl driving a is300 i'll back up like 3 cars.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:44 PM
Racer

Just today, I was tailgated by a woman who was either a very poor driver or just could not wait to get to work. I wasn't driving the CL-s today but she was weaving in and out of traffic and on my ass the last couple of miles on Rt 28 and severl times down the Dulles Toll Road. There are a lot of horrible drivers in this area they aren't all CL-s drivers.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>Everyone in md/va/dc is an aggressive driver. including me. she's just happen to notice a cl instead of another car doing it.
happens to everyone.

Next time i see a girl driving a is300 i'll back up like 3 cars.</STRONG>
never mind.....

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: icy CL ]
Old 08-10-2001, 04:37 PM
Advanced

Hi DC et al. CL owners. I have just joined the ranks!!! Have driven a 1990 Acura Legend coupe 5 speed since it was new and just bought my new CL-S-Nav. in Aegean blue/ebony interior and totally LOVE it!! I have yet to hit 100 miles since I just got it yesterday, drove home from Pokanka to Bethesda and then at midnight drove around the neighborhood 8 or 9 times.

I can't get this huge smile off my face!
Sweet sweet sweet - and love the color (and the nav. and the interior and....and ...and). Need I say more??!!

Rustito plus CL-S-Nav. Aegean blue/ebony
Old 08-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Instructor

hey guys, I don't think anybody is being accused. I think what he is trying to say is that not everybody wants to race. I don't think he's saying that everybody here is a bad driver, but typically CL especially type-S drivers are a little more aggresive than most. the same message could be posted on any car forum out there. It doesn't mean just the CL forum. This just happens to be an easy way of saying maybe slow down a bit. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly low, but there is a time and place for everything. if somebody wants to race you, you'll know it. On the interstate in traffic is probably not the place.
BTW, if there is anybody here that tries to piss off IS300 drivers it's probably because you're scared of a little competition and maybe even a little jealous that they got more support and popularity than we did.