upgraded tranny and turbo But...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upgraded tranny and turbo But...

I was over there visitng the v6performance site and came across this

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=56612

they are currently building a tranny upgrade and a turbo kit for the accords. They are interested in building upgraded tranny and turbo kit for OUR cars but we have to show some spoort in just voting. They have to get atleast 25 cl tler to vote to show them that we are interested to be in production. I know tranny is not a big problem for the CL as much as the TL but the turbo kits is a much more interest in the CL community. If we get enoughtpeople (25) to simply vote, and get enough people to show interest, I personally will have them test the tranny kit and the turbo kit on my car, since the Company is close to where I live.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ighlight=MrV6P

First link is for tranny and 2nd is for turbo. When fillin out the poll please put in slammed_wdp_tls as a reference. So let them know I refer you guys to help push the production. Thanks and let get this ball rollin guys!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
<---- Not holding my breath on this one. Out of the thousands of people on this 2nd Gen CL forum maybe a dozen have "upgraded" transmissions.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
<---- Not holding my breath on this one. Out of the thousands of people on this 2nd Gen CL forum maybe a dozen have "upgraded" transmissions.
a dozen meaning like 2
Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Racer

Tru, not many of CL have tranny problem its mostly the TL that have the tranny problem but the turbo kit is closer to reality if you dont have $8000 to spend.

All_motor sorry if I am taking business away from you or discouraging people to go to you but I am just pushing this so people can make the turbo kit dream more real then dreaming of 8g;s falling from the sky so they can have the turbo installed from you so sorry if I offended you in anyway NOT MY INTENTIOn.

^ Disclaimer: just showing some respect. "Give respect when respects are due"
Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Rollin'... White 2 seater

Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
Tru, not many of CL have tranny problem its mostly the TL that have the tranny problem but the turbo kit is closer to reality if you dont have $8000 to spend.

All_motor sorry if I am taking business away from you or discouraging people to go to you but I am just pushing this so people can make the turbo kit dream more real then dreaming of 8g;s falling from the sky so they can have the turbo installed from you so sorry if I offended you in anyway NOT MY INTENTIOn.

^ Disclaimer: just showing some respect. "Give respect when respects are due"
I am still looking for someone to upgrade my tranny b4 i do anything power wise to it other than the existing cai. I would rather get the tranny secur 1st. If one of you could please point me in the right direction and advise me on some figures, i could add to that upgraded tranny total. I want my cl to ride and not die in the middle of the road past the 100k mark. thanks fellas
Old 07-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
Tru, not many of CL have tranny problem its mostly the TL that have the tranny problem
i thought the CL and TL pretty much had the same components including the tranny and so thought it was equally problematic for both cars.

also another thing, its only around 5% or so of CLs that have the screwed up trannies right? according to Honda/Acura?
Old 07-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by andyjl
i thought the CL and TL pretty much had the same components including the tranny and so thought it was equally problematic for both cars.
They are. He is mistaken to say the TL has more problems than the CL. The drivetrain is identical!

also another thing, its only around 5% or so of CLs that have the screwed up trannies right? according to Honda/Acura?

Yeah right...
Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 AM
shift@8k

Originally Posted by andyjl
Its probably closer to 5% that DONT have screwed up trannies =) My 2nd tranny is starting to feel like its going to crap out on me soon and I'm at rougly 52k miles. I most likely won't be looking into a rebuilt/upgraded tranny till after 10year/100k warranty on the tranny is up.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice...

You will begin to realize that the 'basic' kit is ~$3K w/o intercooler & w/o install... figure about $3700 installed. Add the IC, better turbo, stainless-construction, upgraded fuel components etc. and you are looking at $7K+ installed. You get what you pay for and at least this project allows several entry-points!!

Regarding my business... it doesn't bother me one bit cuz I do this for fun and its got nothing to do with my bread & butter I Personally would not like to do $3K and $4K kits because you deal with a different breed of customer... and I don't have the time for that. Don't compare kits because its not an apples-to-apples comparison.

I actually PM's MrV6P offering my help if they want it.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Safety Car

FYI - the kit I made for the auto-CL had a Dr. Evil upgraded tranny.... it busted once during tuning and then busted again at 400hp.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=mrsteve]They are. He is mistaken to say the TL has more problems than the CL. The drivetrain is identical!

SOrry, I just hear more TL havin problem than the Cl, That is maybe becuase I have a TL and spend most of my time over there on the TL section but thanky ou for clarifying that up.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Nice...

You will begin to realize that the 'basic' kit is ~$3K w/o intercooler & w/o install... figure about $3700 installed. Add the IC, better turbo, stainless-construction, upgraded fuel components etc. and you are looking at $7K+ installed. You get what you pay for and at least this project allows several entry-points!!

Regarding my business... it doesn't bother me one bit cuz I do this for fun and its got nothing to do with my bread & butter I Personally would not like to do $3K and $4K kits because you deal with a different breed of customer... and I don't have the time for that. Don't compare kits because its not an apples-to-apples comparison.

I actually PM's MrV6P offering my help if they want it.
I am acutally pulling for the tranny more so then the Turbo. If we get enough people , they will use my car to do a test run on the tranny. Their Turbo testing facility is in LA. Dont get me wrong, If I had $8000 I will have You (all_motor) to drop in that turbo for me. I am actually working on saving and have been in contacted you like 2 months ago. Just Damn $8000 is a large figure. Well thank you for yours guys support so far. Hopefully more people can help out and thank you all_motor for shiming in on your expertise on the turbo.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Not Asian

Are the links dead? They don't work for me.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 PM
That's Racist

'ing for the tranny upgrade. You can't put a price on peace of mind. Hope it doesn't end up like Level10
Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
'ing for the tranny upgrade. You can't put a price on peace of mind. Hope it doesn't end up like Level10
We will begin the turbo work hopefully within the next few weeks. Soon after we will start to work on the tranny issues.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
That's Racist

Just "signed up" over there.

I too am not holding my breath on this one... too many times does it seem people are willing to put down their forum names for a list, but not willing to shell out the cash.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Racer

thanks guys so far!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:54 AM
That's Racist

hey slammed. the guys over ther won't say nothin', but how much do you think the upgraded tranny will run? The dr. evil upgrade is 4K... and these guys' selling point is that theirs will be cheaper than the dr. evil... i'm thinkin'.. 3? or even 2k?
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
hey slammed. the guys over ther won't say nothin', but how much do you think the upgraded tranny will run? The dr. evil upgrade is 4K... and these guys' selling point is that theirs will be cheaper than the dr. evil... i'm thinkin'.. 3? or even 2k?
I havent have the time to get in contact with the guy yet but I am sure it iwll be less. THey are saying 2-3K. THis is the trason why they want people to vote so they know how many people are acutally interested. Although these kind of polls are deceiving, a 20%, which is 5 people for tl and cl . will be wnought for them to cover their cost with testing an all. So I engourage people to do over and just vote