Two questions?.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001 | 10:42 PM
10th Gear

Two questions?.........

I have decided to buy the CL-S but I cannot decide whether I want Silver or Agean. In your personal opinion, why would you choose one over the other. Please list pro's and con's for each.

Second question. What wax/protectant should I use?

Choose between these three: 1. Finish First 2. Zaino 3. That new Fire stuff

Please give me your opinion.

Thanks.

Also, how long (miles) should I wait before I add any intake/exhaust mods?
Old 11-11-2001 | 10:54 PM
Banned

When I bought SSM and ABP were my two choices. I ended up going with SSM because its less of a hassle. The silver looks good and its a light color so the car doesn't get really hot. When its dirty it doesn't look too bad and the light color hides minor scratches and swirl marks that would be instantly noticeable on a dark color. ABP looks damn good but for me it would be too much of a hassle to keep it clean.

I just ordered Blackfire but it won't ship till the 14th. I decided to go with Blackfire and not Zaino because:

No cure time between coats.
Only two steps.
Cheaper.
Easy to Order from www.properautocare.com plus they have packages set up for different needs
Old 11-11-2001 | 11:00 PM
Banned

I got silver. At the time there was no Agean blue. Even if it had, I still would have taken silver. Silver never looks really good or bad. If you want something to look hot when clean, then blue or black is better. On the other hand, silver can go months between washes and still look presentable. I use Zaino.
Old 11-12-2001 | 12:00 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Id like to say the agean blue, but I hate swirl marks. Every blue one I've seen has swirl marks all over. I'd buy the silver and Zaino the hell out of it.
Old 11-12-2001 | 01:27 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
Id like to say the agean blue, but I hate swirl marks. Every blue one I've seen has swirl marks all over. I'd buy the silver and Zaino the hell out of it.
Yup. What he said.
Old 11-12-2001 | 02:09 AM
6SPDCLS

Silver because Silver on this CAR is TIGHT.

It's metallic too...so that makes it niiiiiice

The blue is not bad...but I personally don't like it. Black is really TIGHT but a pain to keep clean. White doesn't look good because of all the CHEAP ASS BLACK plastic on the car (i.e. Side mirros, front grill). The cheap black plastics are so visible in person on a white CLS.

RED is sweet...I had a red integra...too much red for me..gold is just ugly...no matter how limited production it is..and but I think Silver is one of the easiest colors to look clean even after your car gets dirty.

Personally, I think that M3 Silver (like sheetmetal silver) is so tight...but it fits that badass car more than the CLS.

I guess it depends on your color taste...I'll admit, silver is way way way too common...
Old 11-12-2001 | 06:40 AM
Team Owner

Agean w/ZAINO

I would just wait a few weeks before you do any mods.
Wait until the 1,000 mile break-in period is over because you shouldn’t be pushing the car anyway.
This will also give you a baseline idea of the performance before you make any mods.

Oh.....did I mention ZAINO !!!!

Shawn S
Old 11-12-2001 | 07:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
White doesn't look good because of all the CHEAP ASS BLACK plastic on the car (i.e. Side mirros, front grill). The cheap black plastics are so visible in person on a white CLS.
I guess it depends on your color taste...I'll admit, silver is way way way too common...
Thanks alot!

I really don't mind the small amount of black on my white baby. It looks much better in person, rather than pictures.

But if it's a choice between SSM / AGP, I'd agree with others, go with SSM, just for the shear ease of ownership.

Although, AGP looks soooooo damn good. But I can't stand swirl marks either, so Blue / Black was out for me.

Jim
Old 11-29-2001 | 08:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Two questions?.........

Originally posted by ntguru77
I have decided to buy the CL-S but I cannot decide whether I want Silver or Agean. In your personal opinion, why would you choose one over the other. Please list pro's and con's for each.

I love the blue. I've had several guys think the blue is 'okay' so check it out to see if you like it. The silver is -very- pretty, and is low maintenance. But I think the blue is GREAT. It is a darker color though, so it is much harder to keep clean.

Second question. What wax/protectant should I use?
Choose between these three: 1. Finish First 2. Zaino 3. That new Fire stuff

Oh god, another wax war. The problem with questions like this is you probably won't find someone who has used more than one of the above, so they can't reall compare.

I have only used, (but totally love) Zaino.

Also, how long (miles) should I wait before I add any intake/exhaust mods?

I would wait till you get through break-in before adding an intake or you'll be too tempted to not-breakin the car nicely. But with the exhaust, no need to wait at all.
Side note: Zaino (and perhaps all waxes) makes the car VERY easy to clean. If the car is looking unpleasant I take a quick 5-10 minutes to wipe the car down, and it looks good as new.

I think Zaino is better than most at repelling water spots and whatnot (especially with Z6) so it is really very little trouble to keep nice looking. (As long as you do it regularly)