Turbo cls6 SHOUT OUT AZINE

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell you DO NOT BUY A BOOST GAUGE THAT USES THAT FLIMSY AQUARIUM HOSE SHIT!!! My boost gauge came with that and now I think theres a pinch in the line because it isnt responsive at all. So im going to get a autometer with a solid plastic line.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Also is there anyone that would know how to setup the obx fuelrails with aftermarket injectors and an aeromotive fpr. This is my next project but the fuel rails have a connection line across the back as our stock one does not. Im a lil lost on how to run it now.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Instructor

and sorry if anyone was offended by my words.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
no of us are hating. just alot of ppl on here talk that they are gonna do this and that then disappear/ never do it.

i just wanna see some pics
Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rear turbo cls6
ULol i realized that after i finished all that crap lol. And of course there is a hater at 230 in the morning. The point is i have a turbo cls 6 speed and u dont! If u have something better, i would be more than happy to see it.
And as everyone knows, no turbo kits are made for our cars, so it was either spend 1200 or more having q custom manifold made or buy the obx header for the j30 and modify it. And the only other thing that i didnt waste money on was the turbo itself. Why waste 1300 or more on a greddy to boost 6 lbs when i can just buy that one and run through 6 of them or more before i amount to the price i pay for greddy??? Weellll maybe you will argue that i will not make much power on cheap turbo?..... My internals are not forged so my absolute max is 400whp anyway.
Also i still have an aem meth kit for the power boost if needed but for now its just for safety. also i still have to have to have the 1000 dollar fuel setup installed sooooo this setup isnt as cheap as u think. oh and lets not forget about the 500 dollar fee to tune the car for a base tune. but i plan on having another tune for meth too so thats 1000 dollars total in tuning. oh yea lets not forget about the extra 2500 dollars i spent on parts and labor to have timing belt, water pump, front and rear main seals, cam seals, clutch, flywheel, etc done!!!!!! Whew sorry peeps, just had to get that out since owl boy thinks its cheap to put a turbo on a car!!! And sorry for the bad spelling, im on my phone at work right now because they blocked azine!!! Assholes!!!!
good luck with your turbo journey, of course its expensive, cause youre going to end up having to replace half that piping.
nobodys hating. i love how everyone is throwing that word around these days like its cool. its called the truth, just seems like someone cant handle it.

dont even get me started, on your FIC wiring. did a blind 2 legged cat do that?

since you cant take critique i will keep to myself

I can tell you DO NOT BUY A BOOST GAUGE THAT USES THAT FLIMSY AQUARIUM HOSE SHIT!!! My boost gauge came with that and now I think theres a pinch in the line because it isnt responsive at all. So im going to get a autometer with a solid plastic line.
can someone say cheap?

Last edited by e r y k; 12-15-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
^ thats just being a douche if you ask me.

I agree the FIC wiring does look a bit messy but you did get it done so I respect that.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back on topic... Congrats on getting it installed for now.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nersh7
^ thats just being a douche if you ask me.

I agree the FIC wiring does look a bit messy but you did get it done so I respect that.

please tell me how that was being a douche?

go read my initial post. i didnt mention cheap or anything in there.
this clown comes along and calls me a hater and an owl? what a joke.

i dont need to flaunt about what i have on an online forum. ask phee if u wanna know what i have under the hood

and to jacob below me, switch the p and the r in your name. your headers and icebox have been coming soon for a while!

Last edited by e r y k; 12-15-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No, your pretty much being an immature provocative tard if you ask me

Get out of the thread or get banned for derailing a thread.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by e r y k
please tell me how that was being a douche?

go read my initial post. i didnt mention cheap or anything in there.
this clown comes along and calls me a hater and an owl? what a joke.

i dont need to flaunt about what i have on an online forum. ask phee if u wanna know what i have under the hood

and to jacob below me, switch the p and the r in your name. your headers and icebox have been coming soon for a while!
In your first post I agree there was nothing wrong with what you said and I'm not defending his reply to it either. I'm just saying that the way you worded yourself in the second reply was douchey.
And I don't care if you tell us what you have or not, this isn't your thread and your engine isn't our topic of discussion.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Your point? . Also, what relevance does this carry to anything?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Instructor

Ok so someone please tell me how the fic could be wired any better???? ITS EITHER YOU HAVE A PATCH HARNESS OR YOU HACK YOUR HARNESS! THEY DO NOT MAKE A HARNESS FOR A 6 SPEED!!!! I used the splicers instead of cutting the wire so that I dont have to sauder anything back together if I had to take it out for whatever reason. Im tellin you there really isnt any other way to do it. With the automatics, the patch gives you an extra foot or two to tuck the fic away. I do not have that option. As far as the "HATER" hes just like a lil kid. If you ignore them long enough, eventually they give up. So Im done. As far as the boost gauge, I had no idea that there were good ones or bad ones as I HAVE NEVER OWNED A BOOSTED CAR BEFORE!! So I made the mistake and now am paying the price by buying yet another one. So Im saving someone else the headache.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Advanced

ayy your doing a great job with the turbo setup and ect... just ignore all the trash talkers they dont know anything bout cls6 with a turbo...
Old 12-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Intermediate

damn…
everyone is allowed to have their opinion, and like E R Y K, I think the kit looks cheaply made similar to the ebay kits.
Im happy you turbo'd your cl-s, and I know that it takes a lot of work and money to get it running correctly. But in some of your posts you seem like the fact that you did so makes you holier than thou.
Congrats on the turbo running. Heres some advice though, learn to ignore comments and not over-respond with drama, it will lead to less threads blowing up in your face.

Last edited by 99cfenvyv6; 12-16-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Look man why dont u n eryk just stop posting if we r going to hold on to the arguing because it seems like u two are the only drama queens inthe thread. Ok yes i was a little offended at eryks remark and over reacted in my response but at this point everyone was over it and points got across and got back to topic. so why would u try to stir it up again? This thread was originally posted to say thanks for everyones help not to argue with someone lookin to be an internet tough guy. Everyone is done with the drama so do us a fav n drop it. So someone tell me what entails a cheap vs. Good kit??? The turbo i can understand but as i stated, im not building a race car. Just something different. As far as im concerned piping is piping vacuum lines are lines, couplings are couplings, etc. Other than the turbo, everything else was custom made or modified since there are no kits available for my car and name brand.and sometimes more is not better. for instance, i roiginally used stainless steel lines for everything but it was acting as a ground in certain cases. the last thing i need is for a fuel or oil line to catch on fire due to this. so i had custom lines made with high pressure rubber lines. so my intentions or actions wasnt to build a "cheap ebay" Lol And 4000 plus is not cheap in my book so push that s**t somewhere else. but other than that people i will provide updates when the car is FINISHED. I think this is what eryk and whoever agrees with him fails to understand. I have not degreased anything, nothing has been rerouted, bumper isnt even on. I still have heat wrap to put on to cover the rewelds on the piping, etc. And at the end of the day, im the one driving it anyway. So who in the hell cares what you (eryk, cfenvy) thinks anyway. If nothing else ill just take your comments as constructive criticism. thanks for the opinion. If anyone else has questions on anything let me know.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Advanced

IMO it's hard enough to get people to post actual experiences and pictures regarding their setups without others coming in and dumping on them. Yeah, that really motivates me to go out and take time to get needed information, diagrams, pictures, etc. for people on a forum.

/rant

Great job so far, looking forward to videos and dyno updates in the future. Can't believe you did all that in an apt. complex with minimal tools.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Instructor

Lol thanks cobra. U r right. I just will take it as constructive criticism. Now i know i need to have my pips coated or wrapped and clean up some wires. I just dont understand how it went from me sayin thanks for the help to my setup is cheaply done lol. As far as the holy comment, no i dont meanto come across that way but in a way i am happy because i have an extremely rare cl that is now boosted. There are so few of that combo that you can prob count on one hand. I will address the cosmetics also as looks are more important than performance to some. Lol. Oh and yea i only got away with it becquse i know the maintinance people. Anyone else would have their car towed! So i lucked out lol.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,450 Likes on 4,972 Posts
When are you getting it tuned and dyno'd? Im interested to see what it puts down.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Well i cant get it tuned until i can get the primary o2 sensor to respond and the tuner doesnt want to mess with wiring unless he does the full install which includes yet another hefty install fee. So ive been trying to get that figured out first. I was told to try and add a bigger resistor in the line so im going to do that this weekend along with cleqning the car up a bit. If anyone could shed some light on how to setup the o2 sensors, that would be great and i could have it tuned by next week.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Im not a drama queen, and you over reacted to my comment, just like any other "constructive criticism"-type of comment you've received. I'm not here to stir up drama, as you stated. I was just laying my opinion out there.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Its cool man my bad. lets just drop it.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Everyone just hug it out!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
I never thought eryks original post was hating tbh. Kind of seems like it was taken out of context. I know Eryk and I spoke to the op. I can guarantee that Eryk is not a douche.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
how the fuck did i miss this thread

Originally Posted by p.diddy
yea at the end of the day is just a forum so i wouldnt worry about a response you dont like. you have to have thick skin if your going to be on acurazine. ask richardparker lol. but now it seems eveyones cool with him now. we all just had to get he flaming out of the way.

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
No, your pretty much being an immature provocative tard if you ask me

Get out of the thread or
get banned for derailing a thread.
maybe you should get out of here instead, or get banned again
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by friesm2000
maybe you should get out of here instead, or get banned again
Well everyone is in here, including you. Let's just let the op speak.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Just one word of advice, Everyone here is a level 300 E-Thug, be prepared to enter the Gauntlet of proof
Old 12-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by OperationDarkie
Just one word of advice, Everyone here is a level 300 E-Thug, be prepared to enter the Gauntlet of proof
lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Which turbo are you using?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,474 Likes on 3,067 Posts
good luck with your turbo journey, of course its expensive, cause youre going to end up having to replace half that piping.
nobodys hating. i love how everyone is throwing that word around these days like its cool. its called the truth, just seems like someone cant handle it.

dont even get me started, on your FIC wiring. did a blind 2 legged cat do that?

since you cant take critique i will keep to myself

can someone say cheap?
You really do need to calm down with the insults, the guy is piecing together a turbo kit, and it is his first time building something and he's learning as he goes. Opinions are one thing, your negativity and hating are not welcome here. You can critique without sounding condescending or appearing to be an ass. Let's act like adults here please.

OP, props for doing the work yourself, and piecing together your own kit, it really is the only way to do things IMO.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I got the Shifts

So who is tuning it for you?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by phee
So who is tuning it for you?
yea thats a good question.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Sorry people I thought by stayin off for awhile might calm things down, but I guess not. Anyway, everyone keeps tellin me mase is the best to go to but like I stated earlier he quoted me 500 bucks and said that he cannot guarantee that it will idle properly and that it could studder between closed loop and open loop, etc. Soooo he was basically saying that if he jacks up my car, he isnt responsible. But I actually found an undercover tuner here in town diddy. He actually has the fic on his accord and he tunes himself. My wife is a photographer and he said he would tune for free and my wife could give his wife a photo shoot. Hes a pretty cool guy too. He came out to the car meets with me a couple of times and hes always trying to explain to me how to tune but I dont get it. Or I guess I dont want too! I had to order a new bov because there is something wrong with my hks. I still need to find time to install the injectors also. I just kinda took a break because of the holidays.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Suzuka Master

yea everyone says mase is the guy. but let me know how it goes cause im going to need a tuner soon myself.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I got the Shifts

get it done right the first time. are you planning on monitoring knock?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I got the Shifts

i would recommend going to rodney. he is in florida and is very experienced in tuning the FIC for the 3g tl turbos. pm me for his number
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Man it seems like this project will never end. We go to tune today and noticed that when i hit boost, i lose brakes until Vacuum is present again. There is a check valve in the brake booster hose. Im assuming this is the problem because i cut it out. But if it is in the line then the map sensor on the fic doesnt read correctly and neither does the boost gauge. I thought i just had a shitty gauge until i discovered this. Does anyone know what this valve is and what it does. And more importantly, how to get around it! Thanks people.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Man it seems like this project will never end. We go to tune today and noticed that when i hit boost, i lose brakes until Vacuum is present again. There is a check valve in the brake booster hose. Im assuming this is the problem because i cut it out. But if it is in the line then the map sensor on the fic doesnt read correctly and neither does the boost gauge. I thought i just had a shitty gauge until i discovered this. Does anyone know what this valve is and what it does. And more importantly, how to get around it! Thanks people.
just maybe.... it's there to hold vacuum inside of the brake booster, so you still have brakes (normally 2-3 applications, but more then enough time and such for the engine to start producing enough vacuum again though)

and a ?, WHY did you cut it out
Old 01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Instructor

I cut it out because I used a vacuum block for all the lines. I put the block between the valve and the brake booster and It was causing an incorrect reading when trying to tune. The map sensor wouldnt read correctly. It wouldnt go any higher than 4(psig i believe it is). So I cut it out and now my boost gauge and map sensor read correctly but like i said for a sec or two i loose brakes. If I had to slam on brakes from a hard pull, somebodies rear end would be toast!! lol. So where would I route my block so that I get a correct reading. I cut enough tubing out so that I would be able to use double sided barbs to put the valve back in..
Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
slow tl..

Soooooo much win in this thread!!!!!!

Btw, where are the vids, and more pics???

Old 02-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

Any updates on the car?

Quick Reply: Turbo cls6 SHOUT OUT AZINE