TOYOTA RAV 4 vs. CLS 6-speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003 | 11:33 PM
6SPDCLS

TOYOTA RAV 4 vs. CLS 6-speed

Uhhh...I don't know where to start..but here goes...

I just wanted to say I'm such a complaining ass bitch when it comes to my Acura CLS. Shit, I've been proud and disgusted with this car but lately, more disgusted..until yesterday.

I drove one of my mom's friend's TOYOTA RAV4. It has power everything..don't know what model but it is a 97?? I'm not sure..but let me tell you something...

THE CAR is shit. The power sucks, the ROAD NOISE..OH MY LORD, the road noise is as loud as a 94 honda CIVIC and louder perhaps than the <2001 INTEGRAS!

Wholy shit, I take my ride for granted so much...the interior, the leather, the navi, the transmission, the engine, the power...the list goes on and on..now i realise why I paid $30g's.

After that traumatising experience (driving for about 40 miles nonstop - on and off freeways/roads), I have to say economy cars (the cheap ones) just suck...shit, it's loud, weak, and it's CHEAP.

I think I'll stop complaining about the CLS. We have it soooooo good but yet we seek so much more.....damn!

Old 04-14-2003 | 12:32 AM
Go Cubs!!!

try driving a Kia for about a week, then drive your car.
Old 04-14-2003 | 02:18 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

I got one better, Drive a YUGO, then ride a skateboard - not much difference. You'll appreciate the CL and all of it's faults.
Old 04-14-2003 | 07:24 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

dajuice,
What you know bout that Shownuf boy????
Old 04-14-2003 | 09:42 AM
whoXwanXsum

good post...very true
Old 04-14-2003 | 09:47 AM
Team Owner

In defense of the Toyota, you said you drive a 97 model.
The RAV4 was COMPLETELY redesigned in 2001 and is much different then the one you drove.
Maybe comparing the one you drove to a 99 4-Cylinder CL would be more accurate.

I just bought a 2003 RAV4 “L” model for the wife last month after comparing it to much of the competition in its price range including the Honda CRV EX.

While the 148HP under the hood is definitely uninspiring, the build quality is BETTER then my CL-S in MANY different aspects.
The PAINT comes to mind first. We’ll see how it holds up over time, but as of right now it’s MUCH BETTER then the paint on my CL-S.

Shawn S
Old 04-14-2003 | 12:57 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by Shawn S
In defense of the Toyota, you said you drive a 97 model.
The RAV4 was COMPLETELY redesigned in 2001 and is much different then the one you drove.
Maybe comparing the one you drove to a 99 4-Cylinder CL would be more accurate.

No, I am comparing it to the CLS 6-speed period. That's what i own..and the RAV4 was what i drove...but:

I just bought a 2003 RAV4 “L” model for the wife last month after comparing it to much of the competition in its price range including the Honda CRV EX.
It's not a knock on the newer models...just probably the very first intro of the rav4 design..wasn't that good..actually, I know of 2 people (family friends) who traded their older 1st design RAV4 for the newer >2001 models. They actually said it was better..well, I looked at them from the exterior view and it does look significantly better..the interior is OK though.

While the 148HP under the hood is definitely uninspiring, the build quality is BETTER then my CL-S in MANY different aspects.
The PAINT comes to mind first. We’ll see how it holds up over time, but as of right now it’s MUCH BETTER then the paint on my CL-S.
Shawn S
Uhh..I don't know about that... The interior isn't that great compared to the CLS...I will have to disagree to all who think so...no RAV4 interior is better than the CLS. Cheap plastic or not, I don't think it feels as good. Off the subject, if you look at the Toyota camry (2003), Altima (2003), and the new Accord (2003 w/o NAVI), shit, the ACCORD still looks fuggin' awesome! None of those cars compares with the ACCORD...(article in M/T). I still think Honda has the better interior design.
Old 04-14-2003 | 01:16 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Uhh..I don't know about that... The interior isn't that great compared to the CLS...I will have to disagree to all who think so...no RAV4 interior is better than the CLS. Cheap plastic or not, I don't think it feels as good.
I agree, NOBODY touches Honda/Acura interiors at their price point and even a bit HIGHER.

I don’t recall mentioning that the interior of the Toyota was better in my original post.
I was mainly commenting on how impressed I was at the paint job when I was applying the ZAINO the other day.
Not one flaw found on that sucker compared to MANY I have on my car.
And I’m not talking about chips. I’m talking about runs near the edges of panels, lumps where dirt was painted over and small crevasses in the surface.

Shawn S
Old 04-14-2003 | 01:19 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by Shawn S
I agree, NOBODY touches Honda/Acura interiors at their price point and even a bit HIGHER.

I don’t recall mentioning that the interior of the Toyota was better in my original post.
I was mainly commenting on how impressed I was at the paint job when I was applying the ZAINO the other day.
Not one flaw found on that sucker compared to MANY I have on my car.
And I’m not talking about chips. I’m talking about runs near the edges of panels, lumps where dirt was painted over and small crevasses in the surface.

Shawn S
No, you didn't mention about comparing the interior...I just made that comment..you are right about the CLS paint...I remember my 93 integra's paint was much more superior than my current car's!
Old 04-14-2003 | 01:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

apples 'n oranges...
Old 04-14-2003 | 10:44 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by mantis23
apples 'n oranges...

I agree.

Worthless thread.