Tischer oil change

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004 | 10:32 AM
Instructor

Tischer oil change

Alright so I went to Tischer Acura to get an oil change about 3 weeks ago and the other day I went out to my car for a drive. When I returned to my house, I noticed a reasonable sized oil stain in the parking spot. I really didn't think of anything of it unti I went outside yesterday after having had the car sit in another spot for a couple of days and voila, a new pool of oil. Its definitely oil and it seems to be coming from around the oil filter area. I'm kinda pissed cause it never did this before!! I'm thinkin that they didn't torque the drain plug or oil filter enough but com'on man, its an oil change! I checked the oil level and it seems to be at the lower level. Anyone else have this problem with a dealer before? Anyway, I won't be going there anymore and instead will visit my buddy at Radley in woodbridge, VA even though its a hike for me! P.S. I have around 13k miles.
Old 09-25-2004 | 12:36 PM
Team Owner

Well the problem didn't arise until 3 weeks after your oil change so it can't be automatically assumed that Tischer caused the problem.

Did you call them and ask to speak with Brandon or Lenny regarding your problem?

I've never had less then stellar results from Tischer Acura. Zero complaints.
Old 09-25-2004 | 01:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Well the problem didn't arise until 3 weeks after your oil change so it can't be automatically assumed that Tischer caused the problem.

Did you call them and ask to speak with Brandon or Lenny regarding your problem?

I've never had less then stellar results from Tischer Acura. Zero complaints.
No I didn't call them back as I figured I would just talk to them when I schedule my 15k checkup. But, originally I called to talk to Brandon since he got alot of good feedback on this forum, to setup the appointment but he passed me off to some other guy (older guy, forgot his name). Anyway, I guess, it could just be alittle oil from overfill too and I know that happens often but its just that I've been to two other dealerships with my car and haven't had it happen there. I'm not sayin they're are terrible or anything but for me, I'm not going back, just my opinion.
Old 09-25-2004 | 02:34 PM
Advanced

Things happen and you are certainly entitled to your oppinion.

However, my own experience with Tischer has always been one of not only stellar customer service but also customer care.

Extremely good service from Brandon and Lenny. I know that whenever I had a problem I talk to either one of them and they have always taken good care of me. I am sure that if you talk to them they will take care of you too.
Old 09-25-2004 | 02:34 PM
Team Owner

Of course you are entitiled to your own opinion.

Brandon has been promoted and no longer directly deals with most customers; just a select few which he has established a relationship with.

To each their own.
Old 09-25-2004 | 09:37 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

the same thing happend in my prelude i blew a cam seal. i could be that or the fitler wasnt screw on tight
Old 10-08-2004 | 04:34 PM
Instructor

10/08/04: Update!!!

So I took my car to another Acura dealership in the NOVA/DC/MD area (Karen Radley in Woodbrigde) for the 15k and told the service manager that I had an oil leak. When I picked the car up he told me that the oil drain plug was, "falling off" and that is why I was leaking oil. So, pretty much not goin' to Tischer anymore. I mean I know some of you have had great service there but I just think they screwed something simple up and thats that. To each his own I guess.
Old 10-08-2004 | 04:57 PM
Team Owner

Good luck...
Old 10-08-2004 | 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator

I would write a nice letter to Tischer telling them why you're not going back. Maybe they will try to "make things right".
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:40 AM
Team Owner

Tischer > *

I don't know why you didn't inspect your oil drain plug prior to taking it in for the next oil change if you thought it was such a big deal.
Old 10-09-2004 | 07:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Tischer > *

I don't know why you didn't inspect your oil drain plug prior to taking it in for the next oil change if you thought it was such a big deal.
Listen, like I said before, you've had good experiences there, I haven't. But to answer your question, you want me to inspect my own drain plug after an Acura certified Precision Team Dealership services my car? I don't think I should have to. ITS A SIMPLE OIL CHANGE!!!!
Plus. When I originally bought the car, they gave me a whole talk on how Acura service is wayyy better than alot of other cars (and I know it is) and thats a reason why I went with Acura. But this dealership just didn't show it to me over there. I think I'm going to call them and just let them know why I'm not coming back as was suggested above. Again, don't want to step on anyone's toes here, just want to let everyone know my experience and let others make their own decisions where they bring their cars.
Old 10-09-2004 | 09:37 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by juve021
Listen, like I said before, you've had good experiences there, I haven't. But to answer your question, you want me to inspect my own drain plug after an Acura certified Precision Team Dealership services my car? I don't think I should have to. ITS A SIMPLE OIL CHANGE!!!!

Dude, you need to chill out. You are making it sound like this oil leak was a HUGE PROBLEM. If it was such a huge problem why didn't you try to figure it out before your next oil change was due!?! Obviously it wasn't that important to you if you couldn't even take that step.

Go ahead and give them a call and explain to them how you feel. Call them up and ask for Lenny. He is the service manager and I believe he is also the owner's son... (although I'm not 100% sure). Explain to him your issues. Everyone makes mistakes.

Hell I even had a problem with Tischer. When they installed my Icebox they tightened up one screw so much it got locked up so I couldn't remove it without ripping it and the part that it screwed into out as well. So now I need a self tapping screw to seal it back up. I informed Tischer of this and my next oil change/tire rotation was free! That's about $70 worth of service I didn't have to pay for.

Give them a call. I just think it is silly that you complain about an oil leak yet don't have the desire nor are you concerned about it enough to do anything until your next oil change 4-5 weeks later.
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by juve021
ITS A SIMPLE OIL CHANGE!!!!
Not to insult you but I just find this statement kind of ironic. If it is simple, which it is, you should be changing your oil yourself. And if you were observant enough to notice the oil leak then you should look underneath your car and check that the oil filter and the oil drain plug are tight. Granted, Tischer should have gotten it right the first time, but if you value your car then you should check something as easy as the drain plug or even the oil filter because if you have no oil then your engine is . I am certain, although I have never been to Tischer, that they will compensate you accordingly. If you are willing and ready to complain on this site about them, then why not complain to Tischer in person so they can make the wrong right??
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:26 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Not to insult you but I just find this statement kind of ironic. If it is simple, which it is, you should be changing your oil yourself. And if you were observant enough to notice the oil leak then you should look underneath your car and check that the oil filter and the oil drain plug are tight. Granted, Tischer should have gotten it right the first time, but if you value your car then you should check something as easy as the drain plug or even the oil filter because if you have no oil then your engine is . I am certain, although I have never been to Tischer, that they will compensate you accordingly. If you are willing and ready to complain on this site about them, then why not complain to Tischer in person so they can make the wrong right??
The man has a a good point, at least make your concern known. My dealer is the epitomy of screwing things up (from scratching all of my wheels, to greasing up my interior and glass with handprints), but I still go to them (no others in my area). I AM The Complaint Department, let them know your feelings man, it's worth it, also helps relieve yourself of the build up stress.
Old 10-09-2004 | 07:37 PM
DC Cruiser

Talk to Brandon or Lenny. You should be writing how they serviced your car for the 15k, found out they made a mistake, corrected the error, and gave you a free oil change (or two). I don't know why you made the decision to take your car elsewhere without talking to them first. In your business (not sure what it is) wouldn't you like a client of yours to let you correct a mistake before they just walk away for good?? Tischer has only done great things for me, my car, aswell as a dozen others on this forum and will take care of their customers.
Old 10-09-2004 | 09:37 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

I've never heard any poor remarks about Tischer but then again you cant please everyone. Just be professional, even if you have to argue. Never blame the person and show that you understand a mistake is a mistake and everyone makes them and explain why you see it as a problem. Good luck.