Thought I share this IM discussion I just had,...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I share this IM discussion I just had,...

In his 190 hp MAxima 5spd which is bone stock and a mid to high 15 sec car. He has never ran at the track and has no clue how fast his car is. He likes using other peoples times.

A CL-S is out of that gens league period. It would take serious mods to keep up. He will show you graphs but then those graphs do not compliment the conditions and the driver ability to drive the car better.

Here is a copy and paste of what just happened in a chat wtih STeve. He is soooo grown up. lol

SteVTECv6: so if a maxima runs 15.0 @ 92, and a CL-S runs 15.0 @ 94, why does that mean i can't beat one from 0-80?
SpeedyCLS: CL-S all the times show high 14s, your 5spd Max shows mid 15s stock. Alot of people deny your story anyways.
SteVTECv6: oh bullshit russ
SteVTECv6: that explains why people have hit high-14's inthem
SteVTECv6: and not all CL-S's have hit high-14's stock
SteVTECv6: why don't you just answer the question?
SteVTECv6: if a maxima runs 15.0 @ 92 and a CL-S runs 15.0 @ 94, then why does that mean that I can't beat one from 0-80? the maxima is CLEARLY ahead until the 1/4 mile line when the cl-s had just caught up
SteVTECv6: why do you consistently deny the facts?
SteVTECv6: GET HELP
SpeedyCLS: no its okay I have ran like 10 maximas in this car and none of them NONE have beaten me. I don't need help. You are the one sir denying the facts. Why not look back in posts on .org that show people admiting they lost to a CL-S in a 4th gen 5spd with mods. lol
SteVTECv6: blah blah blah blah
SteVTECv6: i raced from 0-80
SteVTECv6: and timeslips and dyno analysis show it will happen
SteVTECv6: why is it so hard for YOU to admit
SpeedyCLS: blah blah, is ee bone stock 14.6 for a CL-S. really it shows? lol
SteVTECv6: i know damn well a CL-S will smoke me from 70-110, but i didn't happen to be racing one at those speeds
SteVTECv6: yeah, ONE person runs 14.6 @ 94? a maxima ran 14.7 @ 93. FASTER in the 1/8th mile, but got beat by a tenth at the line
SteVTECv6: whatever russ. you're so FOS it's just unreal
SteVTECv6: now your'e going to say that ALL CL-S's will run 14.6 :-)
SpeedyCLS: yawn
SpeedyCLS: thats what ur saying
SpeedyCLS: u haven't run at the track
SpeedyCLS: till you do u have no facts
SteVTECv6: yeah whatever. there's only about 40 zillion timeslips for 4G Max's
SteVTECv6: and 2 zillion dynos
SteVTECv6: yeah i beat the driver alright. it's a freakin AUTOMATIC hahahahhaa
SpeedyCLS: doesn't matter, WHAT U RUN is what matters
SteVTECv6: aren't you going to use any of your other exuses?
SpeedyCLS: till u run you run a mid to high 15 sec time on what that car suppose to run
SteVTECv6: ...like "he wasn't racing" or "it must have shifted to 2nd gear right away" ? LOL
SpeedyCLS: yeah you beat the driver period. No 190 hp car will touch a 260hp car, Get a fucking life.
SteVTECv6: get a fucking BRAIN

Same guy, came on after i blocked him

StevePake: the truth hurts, doesn't it. you drive a fat 3500lb car with no torque, and a 3000lb one with a lot of torque will beat your ass off the line. waaa waa wwaaaaa. now go cry to mommy and daddy and buy another car. i'm sick of your BS russ. cya
SpeedyCLS: Well at least my fat 3500 lb car will still kick your ass with a good driver.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:23 PM
whoXwanXsum

i want to fight that guy...
Old 02-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Instructor

...that guy needs help! I think he's just mad because he realizes he has no balls .
Old 02-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
If he has a max why is his name SteVTECv6...I think he is showing what he really wants with his name.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Banned

I just had a discussion with a old time Maxima owner...here is what he said.
Old Time Maxima Owner:before i sc'd my car
Old Time Maxima Owner:i had every mod known to man
Old Time Maxima Owner:intake, y, rt, exhayst
Old Time Maxima Owner:and i tihnk i had gforce at the time
SpeedyCLS: and
Old Time Maxima Owner:and it was like dead even to 60
Old Time Maxima Owner:dead even and he had extra pssenger
Old Time Maxima Owner:actally had like 1/8 length
Old Time Maxima Owner:thenw e got on the fwy
Old Time Maxima Owner:and from like 90-110 he pulled on me
Old Time Maxima Owner:from 120+ I got him pretty bad
Old Time Maxima Owner:but yeah i find it hard to believe a maxima culd beat a
cl-s
Old Time Maxima Owner:however,
SpeedyCLS: stock
Old Time Maxima Owner:my friend has a 99 se 5spd and it was bone stock and
seemed fast
Old Time Maxima Owner:i have no doubts that the fastest produced stock maxima
could beat the worse/slowest cl-s
Old Time Maxima Owner:but on avg my money would go on a cl-s

Old Time Maxima Owner: yeah i dont like any of em
Old Time Maxima Owner: but it isn't like too far fetched
Old Time Maxima Owner: it's not like he's saying he beat a diablo
Old Time Maxima Owner: in the right circumstances
Old Time Maxima Owner: I think there's a remote possiblity a stock 5spd max could take a cl-s
Old Time Maxima Owner: but probably less then 5% of the time
Old Time Maxima Owner: I remember when he posted that saying he beat the guy on a entrace ramp to a highway by 2 car lengths to 80. I doubt the guy wanted to race for the entrace and take a chance to not make it for a idiot on a Maxima. Anyways, whats else is new?
Old 02-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
If he has a max why is his name SteVTECv6...I think he is showing what he really wants with his name.
He had a Accord V6 and loved it, but then downed it after he got the Maxima. lol
Old 02-05-2003, 12:33 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where does he live, i'll race him
Old 02-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by darrinb
where does he live, i'll race him
Not sure he talks like thsi all the time on the MAxima forums as well as the v6 accord which I just had my account deleted. lol He is a moderator on that forum.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:06 PM
STi

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Not sure he talks like thsi all the time on the MAxima forums as well as the v6 accord which I just had my account deleted. lol He is a moderator on that forum.
I agree, he will post dynos, plots, hp equation and square root mambo jambo!! To show how maxima is the chit! Which equate not all maxi cars are equal, and he never did run his car at the track that is, so WTF hahaha!!
Old 02-05-2003, 04:15 PM
What can I get ya?

Shit, Ill race him. He sounds like a punk
Old 02-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moforose3.0
Shit, Ill race him. He sounds like a punk
Yeah, I offered, but he kinda ignored it. lol

I have raced like 10 maximas, no problems with them.

If you think about it, that would make his car faster than the new maxima if he can beat us. lol
Old 02-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
SteVTECv6 defines mag racer.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Suzuka Master

This is OFF TOPIC.......months ago I would have defended the Maxima.....but its not worth it

BTW.....You are a moron Russ
Old 02-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

Old 02-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by Nealoc187
hey Neal....didn't you run 14.8@93 BONE STOCK???

That sure is a mid to high 15 time there...

Russ....you are displaying your ignorance as usual.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:38 AM
maxima troll :)

He had a Accord V6 and loved it, but then downed it after he got the Maxima. lol
same thing you did to the maxima after you got your cls. I remember your cls kills when you had your maxima but those threads were deleted mysteriously. Now that you got your a4 lookout its untouchable too.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by blubyu2k2
same thing you did to the maxima after you got your cls. I remember your cls kills when you had your maxima but those threads were deleted mysteriously. Now that you got your a4 lookout its untouchable too.

Yea...those A4s are FAST....especially with their 170hp and 3400lb curb weight... Oh but you can "chip them" to a little over 200hp....and then you have a car that is STILL underpowered for it's weight.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Maximized
This is OFF TOPIC.......months ago I would have defended the Maxima.....but its not worth it

BTW.....You are a moron Russ
The Trolls are back. lol
Old 02-11-2003, 08:20 AM

The Trolls are back. lol
your also a troll sir
Old 02-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Old 02-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Official BS Sniffer

The Trolls are back. lol
Russ...you still have 4 DAYS to realize that you don't want that car....Your CL-S beats that thing in in EVERY category of performance short of snow traction, and last time I checked, you don't get much snow in TEXAS.

Maybe you're buying it for the class and refinement..if that is the case, you'll have to get used to the VERY unrefined 4 banger turbo motor...that vibrates and makes quite a racket a WOT.

In the end, congrats on your purchase....but we don't want to hear any maxima kills from you anymore...becuase 170hp and 3400lbs would barely beat a 3rd gen max....if that.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Banned

your also a troll sir
Troll are people who cause problems and have nothing good to say on a site that they don't belong which is you.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:33 AM

Troll are people who cause problems and have nothing good to say on a site that they don't belong which is you.
I cause no problems search my few posts and see were I caused problems. All you do is cause problems everywere you go. Shall I bring up some of your old posts so you can delete them like you cls kills from your maxima days??????????
Old 02-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Banned

Well, I agree defintely. I want it for the interior, the exterior design just rules, and the handling. The handling is defintely much better than any car I have driven except the IS300. I read a article I think at edmunds where it compared all the cars, G35, TL-S, A4, BMW 330, JAG, and CTS, and it was 2nd tied with the TL-S behind the BMW in comparison. But in handling it was 2nd behind BMW. They said it with sport suspension and quattro ruled the Slalom which was what they said exactly. I have a link somewhere I can dig up for you if you want. Or you might be able to find it.

It may be the slowest right now, but it can be much faster than any of those cars with soem money spent on upgrades. Some of those guys are pulling high 14s with just a ECU in this model car.

When I drove the A4, it was very smooth at all speeds. So I dunno where this roughness came from you are talking about?

Originally posted by TypeSKiller
Russ...you still have 4 DAYS to realize that you don't want that car....Your CL-S beats that thing in in EVERY category of performance short of snow traction, and last time I checked, you don't get much snow in TEXAS.

Maybe you're buying it for the class and refinement..if that is the case, you'll have to get used to the VERY unrefined 4 banger turbo motor...that vibrates and makes quite a racket a WOT.

In the end, congrats on your purchase....but we don't want to hear any maxima kills from you anymore...becuase 170hp and 3400lbs would barely beat a 3rd gen max....if that.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Banned

I cause no problems search my few posts and see were I caused problems. All you do is cause problems everywere you go. Shall I bring up some of your old posts so you can delete them like you cls kills from your maxima days??????????
I haven't caused any problems here. Seems I see alot of posts here with other Maxima owners that have caused problems. I didn't direct it to you Blu.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:42 AM

I haven't caused any problems here. Seems I see alot of posts here with other Maxima owners that have caused problems. I didn't direct it to you Blu.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Well, I agree defintely. I want it for the interior, the exterior design just rules, and the handling. The handling is defintely much better than any car I have driven except the IS300. I read a article I think at edmunds where it compared all the cars, G35, TL-S, A4, BMW 330, JAG, and CTS, and it was 2nd tied with the TL-S behind the BMW in comparison. But in handling it was 2nd behind BMW. They said it with sport suspension and quattro ruled the Slalom which was what they said exactly. I have a link somewhere I can dig up for you if you want. Or you might be able to find it.

It may be the slowest right now, but it can be much faster than any of those cars with soem money spent on upgrades. Some of those guys are pulling high 14s with just a ECU in this model car.

When I drove the A4, it was very smooth at all speeds. So I dunno where this roughness came from you are talking about?
You're going to have to put A LOT of $$ in the car to make it quick...that's all I'm saying.

I'm used to driving V6s and V8s...and I drove an Audi TT (180hp version) last week...and rode in a brand new 03 A4 1.8T quattro automatic..and they both had very raspy and shaky motors...compared to my 6s and 8. Hell...I think my R6s little 4 banger was even smoother.

As for high 14s with only an ECU...that may have been done by one or two people...but the NORM is more like low to mid 15s with an ECU and high 15s to low 16s before the ECU. Plus you have to beat the crap out of the car with a hard AWD launch to get it to run a decent time.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Banned

I know. Turbo Upgrade will probably be around 2-3k for the T28 that is coming out.

I know when I drove the car, it had a decent low and mid range, but if you were on teh highway and wanted to pass, I remember having to down shift twice to do it. From 5th to 4th, to 3rd. Of course to what I heard the ECU will fix that problem which I am hoping. I really want it for costmetic show type than a race car. It's too nice of a car if u know what I mean.

You're going to have to put A LOT of $$ in the car to make it quick...that's all I'm saying.

I'm used to driving V6s and V8s...and I drove an Audi TT (180hp version) last week...and rode in a brand new 03 A4 1.8T quattro automatic..and they both had very raspy and shaky motors...compared to my 6s and 8. Hell...I think my R6s little 4 banger was even smoother.

As for high 14s with only an ECU...that may have been done by one or two people...but the NORM is more like low to mid 15s with an ECU and high 15s to low 16s before the ECU. Plus you have to beat the crap out of the car with a hard AWD launch to get it to run a decent time.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Official BS Sniffer

I know. Turbo Upgrade will probably be around 2-3k for the T28 that is coming out.

I know when I drove the car, it had a decent low and mid range, but if you were on teh highway and wanted to pass, I remember having to down shift twice to do it. From 5th to 4th, to 3rd. Of course to what I heard the ECU will fix that problem which I am hoping. I really want it for costmetic show type than a race car. It's too nice of a car if u know what I mean.
You do realize that you could have a G35 Coupe 6-speed similarly equipped that would handle and accelerate AND brake MUCH better for only $1000 more than your A4.

BTW - the G35 has a beautiful interior...AT LEAST as nice as the A4s....if not nicer.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Banned

You do realize that you could have a G35 Coupe 6-speed similarly equipped that would handle and accelerate AND brake MUCH better for only $1000 more than your A4.

BTW - the G35 has a beautiful interior...AT LEAST as nice as the A4s....if not nicer.
I like the Sedans 4 doors was a big thing for me going back. But the center console is just cheap on the G35. That turned me off big time. But it drove great. Braking, was about the same between the IS300, G35, and A4.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Instructor

i have never been a sedan person, i try to stay from the wifes maxima as much as possible, have always liked the 2 dr even when i had my kids. car seat days i had the old minivan.
i think as for 4 drs you made a good choice the audi i think has a nice style and i hope you enjoy your recent purchase.

too bad the S4 wasn't in the budget.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Official BS Sniffer

I like the Sedans 4 doors was a big thing for me going back. But the center console is just cheap on the G35. That turned me off big time. But it drove great. Braking, was about the same between the IS300, G35, and A4.
The G35 sedan now comes with an optional 6-speed

The center console on the G35 isn't bad if you get the premium package with the titanium colored accents. My mother recenty got a G35 auto with nav, premium package, and all the other goodies...the interior is absolutely beautiful. I almost like it better than the GS430s.....
Old 02-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Suzuka Master

I had a loaner 03' A4 1.8T Auto today and its a great car, but its slow. The 1.8T engine idles kind of rough and isnt really refined. I later test drove a 3.0 stick and was very impressed. The interior of Audis are probably one of the best in the business. With the sport suspension, it is probably a pretty compitent car.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

The G35 sedan now comes with an optional 6-speed

The center console on the G35 isn't bad if you get the premium package with the titanium colored accents. My mother recenty got a G35 auto with nav, premium package, and all the other goodies...the interior is absolutely beautiful. I almost like it better than the GS430s.....
I would have to agree with Russ on this one, Infiniti cant touch the A4 in interior design/quality.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Official BS Sniffer

I would have to agree with Russ on this one, Infiniti cant touch the A4 in interior design/quality.
Honestly, what is so much "better" about Audi's interior??? And don't say they use better materials because as far as you know (not working for Audi OR Infiniti) they could use CHEAPER materials than Infiniti does. Audi makes a solid interior that doesn't rattle much..and so does infiniti...controls don't "break" off on either of them, and neither interior falls apart. I would even venture to say that Infiniti's ergonomics are slightly more friendly that Audi's (german cars are NOTORIOUS for having bad ergonomics, you have to read the owners manual to find out what half the buttons even do).

Again...you can "quote" car magazines about their rantings and ravings about different interior and about how manufacturers use too much "plastic"...but guess what? EVERBODY uses plastic. Its simply the strongest, most versatile, light, and cost effective material out there. Are they supposed to use tree bark and stainless steel for auto interiors?

Here's my analysis of a GOOD interior:
Minimal creaks, squeaks and rattles (EVERY car will have them...less is better obviously)
Easy to see, reach and operate control surfaces and levers.
Labels on control surfaces that actually give a good indication of what the hell they do.
And finally it needs to be comfortable

I don't see how Audi exceeds Infiniti in ANY of these categories...but I guess everyone would rather set in stone the subjective rantings and ravings of auto critics.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Banned

I have driven both cars, and the G35 interior is crap for a luxury brand. My Acuras is better than it. They use cheap painted silver plastic. LOL! Audi you get real trim you get really nice designed curves, etc. The M45 Interior though is defintely awesome, but the G35, is like the stepchild of the family now. Alot of G35 owners complain about the interior as well. Must be something about that. I never hear complains on Audis.

Honestly, what is so much "better" about Audi's interior??? And don't say they use better materials because as far as you know (not working for Audi OR Infiniti) they could use CHEAPER materials than Infiniti does. Audi makes a solid interior that doesn't rattle much..and so does infiniti...controls don't "break" off on either of them, and neither interior falls apart. I would even venture to say that Infiniti's ergonomics are slightly more friendly that Audi's (german cars are NOTORIOUS for having bad ergonomics, you have to read the owners manual to find out what half the buttons even do).

Again...you can "quote" car magazines about their rantings and ravings about different interior and about how manufacturers use too much "plastic"...but guess what? EVERBODY uses plastic. Its simply the strongest, most versatile, light, and cost effective material out there. Are they supposed to use tree bark and stainless steel for auto interiors?

Minimal creaks, squeaks and rattles (EVERY car will have them...less is better obviously)
Labels on control surfaces that actually give a good indication of what the hell they do.

I don't see how Audi exceeds Infiniti in ANY of these categories...but I guess everyone would rather set in stone the subjective rantings and ravings of auto critics.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Per every major magazine including Automotive news......Audi is the benchmark for interior design. Yes, Audi does use better materials on the interior and employs nicer plastic than Infiniti. Look at the texture of the plastic on a Nissan/Infiniti vs Audi and you can see a difference that is night and day.

If you get a A4 with the premium leather, it is one of the nicest interiors in the market and probably up there with Infiniti's flagship the Q45.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Official BS Sniffer

I have driven both cars, and the G35 interior is crap for a luxury brand. My Acuras is better than it. They use cheap painted silver plastic. LOL! Audi you get real trim you get really nice designed curves, etc. The M45 Interior though is defintely awesome, but the G35, is like the stepchild of the family now. Alot of G35 owners complain about the interior as well. Must be something about that. I never hear complains on Audis.
Again....a COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE analysis...

Cheap silver plastic??? did you not read my post?? I said give me a reason BESIDES materials used...you have no idea how much infiniti pays for each center console in the G35...and likewise Audi's A4. Real Trim??? WTF is "real trim"?

The fact about the G35s interior is that it's STYLING NOT IT'S QUALITY turns some people off. If you're one of those people then fine. But don't go around saying that Infiniti's have cheap interiors simply because you don't like the styling. As for the "cheap plastic" Center Console, it's solid, functional, the pieces fit together perfectly...so what's the problem?? Cheap silver plastic is NOT a respectible response because you have absolutely NOTHING to base that on short of what one or two auto critics and yourself have said.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Per every major magazine including Automotive news......Audi is the benchmark for interior design. Yes, Audi does use better materials on the interior and employs nicer plastic than Infiniti. Look at the texture of the plastic on a Nissan/Infiniti vs Audi and you can see a difference that is night and day.

If you get a A4 with the premium leather, it is one of the nicest interiors in the market and probably up there with Infiniti's flagship the Q45.
Per EVERY major magazine huh??? Do they posts charts every month or even year where they rank the "quality" of the interiors?? I asked you guys to give me an OBJECTIVE analysis...and all you can come back with is: "well this car magazine said this"....come on, that's really lame.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Objective reply:

A. You get what you pay for. Its simple economics.....More costs ='s superior quality parts/R&D. Infiniti uses parts from Nissans and shares them throughout the Infiniti line. Audi uses Audi parts....Why do you think Infiniti undercuts the competition in price???

B. Look at the texture of the leather, wood, plastic and you will see and feel the quality difference. Again refer back to A.

C. Experts in design/ergonomics have stated that Audis are the benchmark of interior design/quality. When did you become a expert in Automotive interior design

Quick Reply: Thought I share this IM discussion I just had,...