That's it I am sick of this sh*t, I'm putting my CL-S 4 Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 05:30 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's it I am sick of this shit, I'm putting my CL-S 4 Sale!!!

I am sick and tired of Acura and their f_ked up service!!!

I have had nothing but stupid problems with this car. It's always one thing after another. I thought that by buying an Acura I was making a wise decision. I was under the impression that Acura made quality vehicles and they were known for their dependability.

The other day my SRS Light just came on by itself. And no I am not talking about the Side Airbag light.

Here's a list of problems:
1) Seat belt had a small tear in it when I bought the car.
2) The fuel lid would not open when I pulled on the the lever.
3) Rear Deck rattles really loud and still does after 3 tries to fix it.
4) Engine pulley was making a squeaking sound and had to be replaced twice.
5) The drivers side seat squeaks whenever you move.
6) The seat belt doesn't retract and gets caught in the door half the time
7) There is a rattle coming from behind the radio/Climate Control whenever I hit a bump.
8) Dealer broke the air filter box when changing the engine pulley
9) Gas Pedal was getting stuck due to a carbon build up on the throttle body.
10) And now for the final straw, the transmission is starting to shift really hard and has me really really worried. I have 34,000 miles on my car and I don't abuse it at all. Most of my driving is done on the freeway going to work and back. I just don't want to have to deal with this car once the warranty expires and my tranny blows up. Then I will have to pay $2500-4000 for a new tranny and once you have a major problem like a tranny issue the car will never be the same and it will also go on the cars history and getting rid of the car will be virtually impossible unless some dumbass really wants it.

I like the car but I am not happy at all about Acura's service. I bring in my car for service and they give me a Saturn LS1. My uncle has a Lexus and they gave him a Lexus as a loaner, my cousin has a Benz and a BMW and they give him Benz's and BMW's when he takes it in for service. They are a bunch of idiot's at Acura of Concord and they are unorganized. I don't know where they hire these guys. I am not saying that BMW, Benz and Lexus don't have issues either but they stand firm behind their product and take care of their customer because they want your repeat business.

It's the 20/2 rule, if you get good service you will tell 2 people but if you get bad service you will tell 20 people or in my case everyone on this board who reads my post.

BMW includes all service and maintenance in the price of their cars and that is a big reason they are more than Acura's but if you think about it it is worth it. You don't have to pay for oil changes and regular scheduled services, plus they give you a loaner right on the spot. They don't take you 4 blocks down the street to a rental office and hand you a cheesy Saturn. Every time I take my car in for service it takes me at least an hour to get in and out of that place. If Acura wants to be on the same level as the elite car manufactures then they need to step up their game and deliver.

I have been debating on what car to get but I think I have my mind made up. I was going to get a GS 400 at first but I found out today that they are coming out with a new bodystyle in 2003 so I don't want to get a car that is going to look outdated in a year. I was considering an A6 but Audi's resale value is garbage and it is too sluggish and boring to drive. I have decided to get a BMW 330CI. I know it is going to cost a lot more than my CL but at this point I don't give a shit. I want something reliable and I don't want to have to worry about scheduled maintenances and oil changes. I just want to drop off the car at the dealership and get another BMW until mine is ready to pickup. Plus a 330 kicks a CL-S's ass any day of the week. It is much much better to drive and now I realize why so many people drive 3 Series BMW's and there are only a handful of CL's, at least here in the Bay Area. You get what you pay for and there is obviously a reason why the CL is 10k less than a BWM.
Old 03-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You get what you pay for and there is obviously a reason why the CL is 10k less than a BWM.

Nah, not really. You're paying 10k more essentially for the name. Compare the price of options and you'll see BMW just rips your asshole open and yanks money out of you for options. Has nothing to do with the quality of the automobile. The German car might be made better but the price is higher purely because of the name and because people go in expecting to get ripped off for a BMW.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Intermediate

Persian Prince

I decided to go with the 330Ci instead of the CL-S also. In the end there were many reasons...better feel,balance,driving dynamics,quality, and looks- inside and out. I realize that there is a price difference,but you will recoup most of that back when you trade. I paid $1000 over invoice ($37,900) for my fully loaded (no navi) 330Ci. The price difference in my case was 7K. The resale value on the CL is not very good, to say the least.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:46 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by JerryL
Persian Prince

I decided to go with the 330Ci instead of the CL-S also. In the end there were many reasons...better feel,balance,driving dynamics,quality, and looks- inside and out. I realize that there is a price difference,but you will recoup most of that back when you trade. I paid $1000 over invoice ($37,900) for my fully loaded (no navi) 330Ci. The price difference in my case was 7K. The resale value on the CL is not very good, to say the least.
You are sadly mistaken if you think you will fetch a half decent price for resale value on a BMW 3 series. They depreciate nearly 30-35% the first year alone. YOu might get more money for the 3 series because the intial price is higher but the precentage of loss on each vehicle is almost the same.

Look at what is on sale. 37k car that i have seen advertised for 27-29k. CLS are getting 24k? I paid 29k. If i were to sell i only lost 5k? That 5k is about the money i've paid towards to loan over this past year. Hence, i haven't lost anything more than the monthly payments. Granted, the crappy resale values are because of the economy but don't say things that aren't true. The percentage of loss on both cars is about the same.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Plus Persian Prince, I WARNED YOU ABOUT Acura of Concord
! I APPLIED THE 20/2 RULE !

You don't listen, besides, there is NO perfect car on this planet !
Old 03-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i have to bring my car into acura of pleasanton yet AGAIN, AND then take it to another body shop to have them fix my tailight/paint CORRECTLY because the body shop that acura brought it too half assed the whole thing!

so they are going to pay for me to take it to a body shop of MY CHOICE!!!! i told the service manager that i could file a claim with their insurance company, and call the BAR since they took my car to a body shop WITHOUT my consent!!!!!!!!! (they backed my car up into the parts truck)

so come to pleasanton with me next week and we can both rip them new assholes!
Old 03-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Cruisin'

You are too funny

Originally posted by JRock

Nah, not really. You're paying 10k more essentially for the name. Compare the price of options and you'll see BMW just rips your asshole open and yanks money out of you for options. Has nothing to do with the quality of the automobile.
That post right there shows your ignorance when it comes to BMW's. The BMW drives so much different than a CL. It handles sooooo much better and the 50/50 weight distribution is second to none.

The BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine. There is no other car manufacture out there that gives you the same feel and sportiness that a BMW gives you PERIOD!

How can Acura make a car that has transmission problems and expect to compete in a market with Lexus, BMW and Benz??? It can't and that is why Acura will never be on the level of Lexus. When you are the new player in a game you must prove yourself day in and day out.

I am just pissed that they put such a crappy quality machine out there with just shitty service to back it up!
Old 03-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Cruisin'

Look at where you live

Originally posted by Zapata

Look at what is on sale. 37k car that i have seen advertised for 27-29k.
You live in Philly. I live in the Bay Area where the ballers and shot callers live. They are selling 2 Bedroom condo's for $500,000. Look it up if you don't believe me.

The prices of everything are much greater here than in Philly. Everybody wants to have the top notch cars around here. I live in a neighborhood where all you see are Benz's, Lexuses, SUV's and BMW's everywhere. It's a totally different market out here and we pay more for things because we get paid more too.

That same car has a sticker price of $43,000 out here. So you can't even start to compare the Bay Area to Philly.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Persian Prince

yup, smart man...
Old 03-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Atl/Mia reppin'

He who dies with the most toys, still dies
Old 03-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: You are too funny

Originally posted by Persian Prince

That post right there shows your ignorance when it comes to BMW's. The BMW drives so much different than a CL. It handles sooooo much better and the 50/50 weight distribution is second to none.

The BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine. There is no other car manufacture out there that gives you the same feel and sportiness that a BMW gives you PERIOD!

How can Acura make a car that has transmission problems and expect to compete in a market with Lexus, BMW and Benz??? It can't and that is why Acura will never be on the level of Lexus. When you are the new player in a game you must prove yourself day in and day out.

I am just pissed that they put such a crappy quality machine out there with just shitty service to back it up!

there's a lot of peole in denial of BMW. I just don't get it. But hey to each his own.

BMW is a drivers car. Acura is not comparible. There is a ton more design/engineering applyed to a BMW. Some just don't want to admit it. I love my Acura too, but I'll admit it not as nice as a bimmer.

As it appears now our CLS's are losing 7k a year (from sticker, not those who bought a NEW CLS a year old..) Which is horrible.

7K the 1st, then 2-3k after would be normal for Acura. But $7k two years straight is killing me. Funny how other can't see in the long run they would have a nicer car and better resale if they did get a 330i.

Those trading in for 2003 are going to really take it in the rear on depreciation. 1-2 years after the tradin = -$28,000. (14k lost 1st 2 yrs on 01, then immediate 7k then another 7k after the 1st year... ouch) $$$ better off reinvested to buy that M3

hey mabye the value of the CLS will go up!
Old 03-24-2002, 12:03 PM
Old timer

*talk about BMW performance
I was talking price versus value of what you get, not performance. I know a lot about BMWs, probably more than you, and I know they are much better performers (well as far as the 3series goes at least the M3 is a great performer) than the CL-S. Too bad we were talking about a different issue - how a car that doesn't cost much more to produce and doesn't exhibit much better quality in or out costs around $10k more (don't forget that sports package, wheels, HID, radio, passenger seat, and whatever else doesn't come standard in the 330) for a competitive package.

I respect BMWs, especially the M series, but I don't have respect for someone who thinks buying a 330 for $7-10k more is getting some amazing deal.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:12 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Look at where you live

You live in Philly. I live in the Bay Area where the ballers and shot callers live. They are selling 2 Bedroom condo's for $500,000. Look it up if you don't believe me.

The prices of everything are much greater here than in Philly. Everybody wants to have the top notch cars around here. I live in a neighborhood where all you see are Benz's, Lexuses, SUV's and BMW's everywhere. It's a totally different market out here and we pay more for things because we get paid more too.

That same car has a sticker price of $43,000 out here. So you can't even start to compare the Bay Area to Philly.
Ballers and shot callers.....riiiiight

Ok, back in the real world where condo prices reflect the actual value and not some inflated price. Remember yahoo was once valued at $280/share look at it now. Just because the market says something doesn't mean price reflects the actual value of the car. I very well aware the cost of living in Cali. Accordingly, the percentage of loss will be about the same even though the price may differ.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Instructor

PP,

Hey I know exactly how you feel. I'm very very close to dumping the CLS as well. Bought the car at Acura Pleasanton and it's so frustrating that thy suck so much. Never update me on anything, reps are clueless, and I can never seem to get a loaner car. I bought the Acura in part for it's "luxury" IMAGE. Hoping to get some decent service and be treated a little differently. Well, I didn't get it. All I got was a problematic car even though it's got only 12000 miles on it for a 2 year old car. I'm jumping ship. I might get another turd with my next car but I'd rather take a shot with another car than keep this one.

Just wanted to give you some support. Some here feel that you should shut up and just take advantage of the warranty since all the fixes cost you nothing. BUT thats not the point. At least, not with me.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: You are too funny

Originally posted by SiGGy

there's a lot of peole in denial of BMW. I just don't get it. But hey to each his own.

BMW is a drivers car. Acura is not comparible. There is a ton more design/engineering applyed to a BMW. Some just don't want to admit it. I love my Acura too, but I'll admit it not as nice as a bimmer.

As it appears now our CLS's are losing 7k a year (from sticker, not those who bought a NEW CLS a year old..) Which is horrible.

7K the 1st, then 2-3k after would be normal for Acura. But $7k two years straight is killing me. Funny how other can't see in the long run they would have a nicer car and better resale if they did get a 330i.

Those trading in for 2003 are going to really take it in the rear on depreciation. 1-2 years after the tradin = -$28,000. (14k lost 1st 2 yrs on 01, then immediate 7k then another 7k after the 1st year... ouch) $$$ better off reinvested to buy that M3

Run your numbers again my friend. You must be smoking some good crack!!! M3 and investment! baahaha What world do you live in???? Give me 5 years with each car and the same mileage. I can guarantee you that the CLS will have less percentage loss on the final resale value than the M3 will.

According to Edmunds.com:
1997-5 years ago.
2 Dr M3 Coupe Invoice, Specs... $22,431 Orginal price 42k when priced with the goodies that CLS has standard.

2 Dr 3.0 Premium Coupe Invoice, Specs... $14,215 Orignal price 25k

The precentage loss on each vehicle is about the same. In fact, the percentage loss on the m3 greater than compared to the CL. When you factor in gas, maintainence and insurance costs on each vehicle the CL was a much better buy. Despite the problems that the current CLS is having, Acura has fixed the problem so in the end the customer has a car that they can drive. Even the car needs to be fixed a number of times they do it until they get it right.

You can't argue that the CLS is tuned from the factory as the 3 series or the M3. However, from a total cost of ownership and the ability to greatly improve the performance of the CLS, the Acura is the better buy.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:56 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Ballers and shot callers??????????????

Well, take your ass back to school, 'cause you didn't learn basic Econ 101 fool!

$500K condos, only an asshole, fool, moron, idiot, dipshit, buffoon and/or straight dumbfuck would pay that much for a place to stay with no fucking yard! Now on to your car. $43K for a CL-S? You are missing the webbing in the brain that holds the left and right side together. Any sane person would have ordered the car and had it shipped, or better yet, bought it somewhere else and driven it home and saved $10K, but you are a baller - so what do you care. Call this shot buddy - Why bitch, moan and complain about a $43K car that you felt wasn't worth it and could have gotten another car, which you claim is better for $5k less than you spent? Sounds fishy to me, but then again, you are a shot caller living in the suburbs of Oakland, where they have Salmon and Lemon colored houses and plenty of Earthquakes. Besides, you were warned of Acura of Concord - hell, I knew that when I first got here and I refused to let my friends go there for a car, they went elsewhere.

Most people bought their cars because they liked them, not to keep up with the Joneses or Bill Gates of the world. You might have had good intentions when you bought your car, but now you have sour feelings. Don't shoot us down because things here back East are cheaper - no, more economical than in Northern California, we can't control that. Basically, you have vented, now get rid of your car or keep it and deal with the problems you have like an adult. If you do get another car, I hope you don't have any problems with it, because I see right now, you will make some service managers life a living hell.

Not meaning to flame you personally, but the ignorance you exuded to us by being a so called 'baller and shot caller' was pure bullshit at its best! Even the smartest ballers use their brains and make educated financial decisions, this is why the worlds richest men stay that way, and most athletes and actors are broke by age 45. Go and get your BMW and be happy, although I wish you would just make Acura repair everything that is wrong with your vehicle while it is under warranty.

You can go ahead and rip me a new one, but I hope you do read what I said before you fly off the handle with a response.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Your not a baller or a shot caller so just cuz you live there does not mean Jack. I live 1/2 an hour from George Foreman and Lauren Hill does that make me cool?

2 bedroom condo's for $500,000? Come out to the east coast and you'll find the same prices fool. Ok so if you live in an area that is nothing but benz's, Lexuses, SUV's (did not know there was a company called SUV out there) and BMW's why the fuck did you buy an Acura to begin with?
Old 03-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Instructor

The BMW resale value and the ACURAs is identical. There is a article somewhere I read about them comparing the 330ci to the Acura CL and guess what, the CL was right there with the BMW, and the BMW costed more.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Instructor

I believe the IS300 out handles the BMWs in latest tests. Lets see here, BMW = higher repair costs, higher break downs, higher cost. Some one put BMW in your head way to hard. I wanted a BMW, but didn't want to pay the big amount they wanted for even a 325.

Old 03-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Wrong, I believe and have seen this, car prices do not change where you live. Houses do, but not cars. Now you are talking out of your ass.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: You are too funny

I don't get what your saying, people are buying the cl-s for 27.8k right now, and 2001s are getting 23-24k trade in! I think that is very good.

Originally posted by SiGGy

Old 03-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Any Lady Want One??? :-P

We all just need to chill. He apparently got one of the BAD APPLES in the bunch. I completely understand why your mad but I'm one of several people on this board that have had no problems with my CLS. So you cant really judge Acura overall by one of a very few bad cars. There have been several post about Acura of Concord and there crappy service. Just try another Bay Area Acura dealer and maybe they will fix everything.
I used to live in the bay (Pacifica) and I moved from there because it was too expensive. It sounds like your just looking for status.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Race Director

that sucks to hear about your CL-S man,

try to get some shit out of acura, they did kind of fuck up with this car,

lots of the members hate to admit that the BMW is a much better car, but thats ok..really it just shows they love their CL a lot..

Personally I wish I had got a 330 or 328 which was out back when i got my cl.

oh well, i still like my CL, but definetly my LAST Acura autombile, and thats a promise at the age of 19 i am making..they could have had a customer for life...

btw, they did a good job of compensating for my troubles, but it still doesnt lose the feeling that my car is banged up....

my next ride is gonna be :BMW or Audi.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:10 PM
///M POWER

Try driving the bimmer in the snow. Cant do that where i live.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Racer

ok people look at this that way, half of my friend have either cl ot tl in a range from 2001-2003. Now a fully loaded cl w/navi will cost you 32-33k, a fully loade 330ci will cost you exactly 42-43k.
Acura makes their car in Ohio with 30% japanese parts and 70% malasyan part and all this gets assembled in Ohio. now lets look at 93 legend whick costet back in the day same if not more than 325 i think it even costed as much as 525. Now, any bimmer except for X5 is made in germany, so is benz ML is olso with X5 made somewhere in Ohio or so i cant remember where now.
and olso people that own legend todauy from like93,94 can sell it today for same price as '01 cl you wanna know why. the answer is as soon as sometning is made in u.s. especcialy for the money people get paid at factory where they assemble cars people fuck up everything because they wanted to shit on that acura because americans put it together. and all americans know if it's lunch time and they have to go eat because they know they aint getting paid for that lunc time, they bounce from finishing putting transmission in place correctly to eat because they know they aint getting paid on their lunch time and when they come back from lunch they move on to engine leaving transmision putted in incorrectly.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Go back to school and get proper grammar and spelling.....

It's "also" not "olso"
Old 03-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Speedy3.2CL-S
Go back to school and get proper grammer and spelling.....

It's "also" not "olso"
fuck you
Old 03-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Instructor

That's nice, a moderator of another forum says this in a P. message to me. Do we call these BMW people morons now?

vsokolov
A-CL Member

fuck you does that spelled proper to you

Old 03-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Instructor

QUOTE]Try Driving the bimmer in the snow. Cant do that where i live.[/QUOTE]

ahh amir lives in toronto, CANADA..i think we know a little somethign about snow.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by darrinb
Try driving the bimmer in the snow. Cant do that where i live.
Well, I believe Germany gets more snow than alot of places in the USA. I am pretty sure the BMW does well in the snow with its traction control turned on. FWD will always be better and AWD of course in snow/ice conditions.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Racer

That's nice, a moderator of another forum says this in a P. message to me. Do we call these BMW people morons now?

vsokolov
A-CL Member

ok,ok who started to abuse me first we here no to discuss who spelled how by mistace, i bet you i spell hundred times better then you are, but thats not even my point i gave you some thing to think about in my reply, and you had to say your peace by showing people what? how tough you are?
Old 03-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Instructor

You are not worth my time anymore. I could barely even understand what you just said in that post. I can't believe you even own a bmw with 5th grade english. Oh well.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:03 PM
Racer

You are not worth my time anymore. I could barely even understand what you just said in that post. I can't believe you even own a bmw with 5th grade english. Oh well.
not to abuse noo one but just for that dude to understand i drive a 540i because i have much more brains than you are, and you drive a cl because you speak better english than i am very simple:wackit:
Old 03-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Let's get back to what we all can agree on. I agree that both BMW and Acura offer something different depending on what you like. I liked Acuras for well built, lower costs, user friendliness, value holding product. But it seems Acura has slipped a little in quality and service on the G2 CL and they don't seem as concerned about customer service.

I personally hated my experience with my local dealer, but to get my low mileage Legend I had to go there. My salesman, the used car manager and a service guy were all fired or left soon after. That place was run very unprofessionally and it did a lot to ruin my love for the Acura car. I always thought I would always want an Acura after 12 years of driving them, but now I'm not so sure.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Race Director

man its so stupid to be in denial about the 3 series being a better car....

vsokolov is right, his paragraph explained perfectly why our car is cheaper, and the legend was a good example.

you get what u pay for.

My mom used to have a 94 318, it was the lowest model back then, it was a fucking joke only cause it was so slow...but shiet, it was my moms...ANYWAYS, that car did not have ANY problems. Fit and finish was perfect, no fucking rattles, no problems, NOTHING.

Also, I had a bmw Z3, 6 cylinder, and you know what, that car was still not that fast, but it was fucking amazing in every other way...again, NO PROBLEMS whatsoever..(except for it being useless in the winter) The Z3 was amazing, it was soo quality, it felt stiff, and very reliable.

My previuos Acura was a 99 1.6 EL It was slow, but it was QUALITY. No problems again, NONE.

My CL-S if i wanted to post all my problems, you would fucking go in a dark room and sit and cry for me. I had SOOO many problems with this car, and I am still running into new ones everyday.

So lets just get to reality, the BMW is NOT just 10k more for the name, its a German made product, it handles better, the 330 is faster, its more reliable, and yes the name is nice too.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:40 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally posted by 95LegendCoupe
Let's get back to what we all can agree on. I agree that both BMW and Acura offer something different depending on what you like. I liked Acuras for well built, lower costs, user friendliness, value holding product. But it seems Acura has slipped a little in quality and service on the G2 CL and they don't seem as concerned about customer service.

I personally hated my experience with my local dealer, but to get my low mileage Legend I had to go there. My salesman, the used car manager and a service guy were all fired or left soon after. That place was run very unprofessionally and it did a lot to ruin my love for the Acura car. I always thought I would always want an Acura after 12 years of driving them, but now I'm not so sure.
I have said this before in the past and I'll say it again. I've been going to Acura of Concord since I bought my car there. Their salespeople completely suck. They don't know what the hell they are saying. On the other side. I haven't seen the bad side of their service department yet. I've had my car serviced there twice and the first time I got a Volvo S60 as a loaner and the second time I got a 2000 TL. I didn't ask for a comparable loaner. They just had them available when I went in. I guess I must be lucky, but I haven't had problems with them.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Persian Prince

Oh, I wish, cuz i'm ready to buy one or the other, but it appears it will be the Acura. "Fully loaded"--I come up with a lot higher than that from the "build your own" on the BMW website, just matching the CL features. The CL will be 30k, only because the 6 speed is pretty rare right now (much less if I could stand automatic).

And I have to wait 2 1/2 months for a 330ci with manual tranny here locally. Can't even test drive one (not even a stick in the sedan). For me I'll get the CL and redo my kitchen. Both are nice cars. It's just that the Cl costs two-thirds of what the bimmer does. And if I want to stay with local dealers, the local Acura is way ahead of the local BMW shop (see http://www.southbaybmwsucks.com for one example, and my dealings with them many years ago made me buy my Legend instead of the 325 I was after).

So, I haven't driven the manual 330ci--I need to find a dealership with one--but I drove the CL 6MT again yesterday. It feels great. It's a different thing though. Just because one's good doesn't mean the other sucks. For me, it comes down to the price (the attitude factor and maintenance costs weigh in too). But the CL 6MT is fun to drive--I'm not going to lose too much sleep wishing I had another 10k to drop on the bimmer. I could buy the bimmer, but the price tag versus what you get is the part that make my brain hurt. To others for whom the price is nothing, the 330ci is the way to go. (Personally, if I was in the money-is-nothing camp, I'd be drawn to the M5--just sitting in it at the autoshow made me hear a choir sing.)

There are a lot of good things to say about both cars. I sure wish the CL looked as good as the 330ci (few cars do). For the CL, maybe the best thing to say is... it costs two-thirds the price of the car it's most directly compared to.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Pro

Originally posted by vsokolov

325 i think it even costed as much as 525. Now, any bimmer except for X5 is made in germany, so is benz ML is olso with X5 made somewhere in Ohio or so i cant remember where now.
and olso people that own legend todauy from like93,94 can sell it today for same price as '01 cl you wanna know why. the answer .

uhhh, NO , the Z3 , M roadster & M coupe are made in USA

AND a '93-'95 Legend has a Kelly's Blue Book value of about

$7-11k loan value/trade-in

& $12-16k Dealer Retail .............

Kelly's numbers are usually optimistic too!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Persian Prince,

You are a prince, Don't be cheap, go buy a 2002 M5!

Old 03-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Retired. Not available.

Persian Prince,
I don't know about the 330 manual tranny since I havent tried one. But auto? I beat one at the track by approx. 1.5 car length at the quarter mile mark. If you wanna compare which car is faster, I suggest you compare 2 cars with the same type of tranny.

I'm sorry about the kind of service you got from your dealer. I get treated well here so I'm not complaining even though I'm on the second tranny .

Quick Reply: That's it I am sick of this sh*t, I'm putting my CL-S 4 Sale!!!