super charger and tranny plaoblems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 08:07 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
super charger and tranny plaoblems.

Ok I want to get the S/C for sure but Im having second thoughts on it because of the faulty tranny. I mean is the trany really that bad. would you trust it if you had n auto. In a few words. is it worth to purchase or am I going to have to worry about the tranny going. I know there is a 100k mile waranty but would a dealership even cover it if i have a S/C. This would screw me even more becuase id have to pay out of pocket for a new tranny.
Even with the trannny cooler will the tranny be in better shape?
I just feel like i am going to spend all that money on it and i wont be able to enjoy it because of that stupid tranny. lastly is there a way to upgrade the tranny to make it more durable?

Thanks a lot to all you guys with the S/C this will help my decision a lot. I know this topic might of gotten brought up but i really need to know. Any help would be great.
Thanks again.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i cant help you much with the super charger but i have some other details that might help.

i bought my cls last month and the transmission went out just last week. When Acura replaced it, they said i also had a broken engine mount, which they replaced as well. There is a current string on here about failing engine mounts. People seem to have concluded that the high torque in a front wheel drive is causing the mounts to fail.

An S/C will only increase that torque and if an engine mount fails, Acura will probably claim it is due to the mod and not replace it. If that is coupled with a tranny failure too, your really fucked. They will probably package the whole failure into one and blame it on the s/c.

just my
Old 05-26-2004, 08:29 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

yeah i guess that could make sense but IVe heard of people having all kinds of mods and then ACURA replaces them when the tranny goes. I dont know. anyon else? can help.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:46 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

anyone else?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Subie Dubie

No probs here, knock on wood

All my mods have been installed at the dealer with no warnings by them. Hell, my dealer sells brand new Acuras loaded with Comptech parts before you drive it off the lot.

Get the SC and enjoy.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by GoDucksCLSPride
i cant help you much with the super charger but i have some other details that might help.

i bought my cls last month and the transmission went out just last week. When Acura replaced it, they said i also had a broken engine mount, which they replaced as well. There is a current string on here about failing engine mounts. People seem to have concluded that the high torque in a front wheel drive is causing the mounts to fail.

An S/C will only increase that torque and if an engine mount fails, Acura will probably claim it is due to the mod and not replace it. If that is coupled with a tranny failure too, your really fucked. They will probably package the whole failure into one and blame it on the s/c.

just my
Hey Bro, we're having this years West Coast Meet in Portland, maybe you can join us We have a sticky thread in Club Meets, check it out.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I keeps it real

ill check it out. Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 AM

2003 TL-S with supercharger, and soon the full IC package. I have the trans. cooler and 5k miles, no problem on my automatic trans what so ever.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 AM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

cool thanks for that in put guys. greatly appreciated.
I guess i am going to get the thing. Ill be part of the S/C club.
I just have one more question. What hardware do I need to get in order to get every bit a hiden H/P out of the super charger.
I know E-manegment and some pulley. What else do I need. can you specifly what i need exactly. Oh also recomend some good lbue glowing boost gauges.
Thanks aagain guys.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by italiaCLs
cool thanks for that in put guys. greatly appreciated.
I guess i am going to get the thing. Ill be part of the S/C club.
I just have one more question. What hardware do I need to get in order to get every bit a hiden H/P out of the super charger.
I know E-manegment and some pulley. What else do I need. can you specifly what i need exactly. Oh also recomend some good lbue glowing boost gauges.
Thanks aagain guys.
It takes a while for the tranny to implode...

The slushbox is already straining without any mods.

You might want to consider moving to a 6-speed to forget about potiential problems and you could add the I/C and other mods without any worries.

If you are really dead set on adding the S/C to the auto CLS, you might want to consider the following:

1. The dealer might not be too willing to replace a tranny with a S/C installed (and some just go bad with very little hard driving). At least find out about this.

2. Getting a beefier slushbox from V/R later if your slushbox dies. (I don't know about this first hand, but at could be an option.)

3. As the mileage goes up, so does the number of slushbox failures. When the CLS first came out, there were very few reports of tranny problems.

4. The transmission cooler will at least cool down the "overall" ATF temps. However, it won't improve the flow into the clutch packs. They will get very, very hot under WOT operation even WITH the tranny cooler. And, what's the point of owning a S/C if not to make the car scoot?

IMO, your car might not last long with a stock slushbox, S/C, E-manage, I/C, high-boost pulley, etc.

YMMV
Old 05-28-2004, 03:52 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

wow. i dont know what to do now. haha. How much is the V.R tranny?