Stone headers ???? sb say smthing

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Stone headers ???? sb say smthing

did my research ..bu ti need to know if anybody has recently installed those stone headers that the pics have recently graced this forum in the past few weeks. any body had fitment or 02 sensor issues.

i do not know but i hear smth about a 3rd batch or th batch
anybody knows what batch this set of headers are.

mind u i have used the search feature and the pools , i know that comptech is the best after stone follows but if i am getting the pretty close to the same quality, i see no reason to shell out moreeeeeee $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

pls give me ur >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poisx7
did my research ..bu ti need to know if anybody has recently installed those stone headers that the pics have recently graced this forum in the past few weeks. any body had fitment or 02 sensor issues.

i do not know but i hear smth about a 3rd batch or th batch
anybody knows what batch this set of headers are.

mind u i have used the search feature and the pools , i know that comptech is the best after stone follows but if i am getting the pretty close to the same quality, i see no reason to shell out moreeeeeee $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

pls give me ur >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

notin , yet i thought peolpe bought this thing like crazy off ebay and shi
Old 02-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have them on my first gen. I put them on last Sunday and so far so good. They look well-constructed. These are the only headers I've ever bought, so I'm no expert. I can definitely feel an increase in power. They were a tight fit on my 3.0, but I wouldn't expect any fitment issues since they are actually marketed for 2nd gen CL's and Accord V6's. They definitely get my recommendation so far. Especially for $250.

Here is an informative thread from v6performance Stone Headers Review
Old 02-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ATrain3.0
I have them on my first gen. I put them on last Sunday and so far so good. They look well-constructed. These are the only headers I've ever bought, so I'm no expert. I can definitely feel an increase in power. They were a tight fit on my 3.0, but I wouldn't expect any fitment issues since they are actually marketed for 2nd gen CL's and Accord V6's. They definitely get my recommendation so far. Especially for $250.

Here is an informative thread from v6performance Stone Headers Review

thanks for the link and info. i just thouht maybe there would be at least Sb on this forum that had them installed on a 3.2 tl/cl 01-03. of recent but heyyyyyy, i dont know.....
Old 02-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe if you wait, someone will give you an answer. Not everyone is always on and will respond the second your thread is created.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Maybe if you wait, someone will give you an answer. Not everyone is always on and will respond the second your thread is created.

ok , i 'll be patient
Old 02-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poisx7
ok , i 'll be patient

something crazy just happend though , while i was bidding on ebay for this damn thing i decided to do a search with and 1 hr and a few min let on the auction an i found this link on ncxvtguy83 post.

i emailed ssautochrome, they replied back saying that XSPower is stone racing. I still doubt it somehow, but the only way to find out is to email xspower, they have a website!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-72588.html

Yea, seems kinda fishy. I mean, if it was stone headers wouldn't they just have that. Good find. Let us know if you figure it out.

p.s. ohh shiet, look what I just found. website here clik below

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-72588.html

oooooh, i change my mind??? just shoot me'''

i had rather get a used CT .
Old 02-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
My install for Stone headers wasn't recent, I had a set from the first and then second batch. But neither set fit right. I wasted $400 (install and then uninstall) on Stone headers at my dealership, and an additional $200 with a local guy that said he wouldn't charge me extra if it didn't fit. $600, plus $400 for the stone headers down the drain. How much does that equal? The same as the cost of brand new Comptech headers!

In the end I wasted a ton of money when I could have just gotten Comptech.

I talk to the guy same guy that installed my Stone headers and then my Comptechs and he's had some other people bringing him Stone / Megan / Alphawerks headers and all of them have had some sort of fitment issues compared to Comptech. I think he said the Alphawerks headers fit the best of the three, but it still wasn't as easy as a bolt on should be. If I were you, I'd go with used CT Headers if you can find them, otherwise just save the extra money and go with CT. The extra price will be worth it.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i installed sr headers from the 1st batch 20 months ago.
(3) problems ,
1. warped header to engine flanges. (required grinding flat)
2. primary O2 sensor bung needed to be repositioned to miss transmission case (remove, reweld and patch/grind)
3 fitment of rear header to downpipe flange missalignment (exhaust leak which could't be rectified)

removed from vehicle, now for sale.( $400 + 370 + 200 invested and have never performed properly)
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had stone headers when they first came out for the 6 speed, didn't fit at all
Old 02-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I have the 3rd batch...about 18k miles on them, they fit perfectly and dont leak or anything. I think the 1st and 2nd batches had some problems. They are now on the 4th batch - so I would think they are just fine since mine are.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
My install for Stone headers wasn't recent, I had a set from the first and then second batch. But neither set fit right. I wasted $400 (install and then uninstall) on Stone headers at my dealership, and an additional $200 with a local guy that said he wouldn't charge me extra if it didn't fit. $600, plus $400 for the stone headers down the drain. How much does that equal? The same as the cost of brand new Comptech headers!

In the end I wasted a ton of money when I could have just gotten Comptech.

I talk to the guy same guy that installed my Stone headers and then my Comptechs and he's had some other people bringing him Stone / Megan / Alphawerks headers and all of them have had some sort of fitment issues compared to Comptech. I think he said the Alphawerks headers fit the best of the three, but it still wasn't as easy as a bolt on should be. If I were you, I'd go with used CT Headers if you can find them, otherwise just save the extra money and go with CT. The extra price will be worth it.

good post needed info.

Thankz again
Old 02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rbf351
i had stone headers when they first came out for the 6 speed, didn't fit at all

Thanks for the info......................