SPOTTED: DC/MD Friendly Kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SPOTTED: DC/MD Friendly Kill

I'd rather this be a Spotted/Sighted post than a Street Encounter. Was on my way out to Boling AFB, going North on 5 and spotted an 01/02 Black CL-S w/ OEM wing, Black 17" wheels, red painted calipers, dark tint. Pulled up on his left, just glancing at first and didn't really give it much thought since I couldn't see if the driver was waving or anything. It was funny that a second Black 2nd Gen pulled up on my LEFT side...but was turning. We were briefly 3 abreast...black, blue, black.

Just kind of drove normal until I saw it was a Type S. At one point we were side by side at the light....you can imagine what happened as the light turned Green. I really hope he was performance stock... I am, except for the OEM resonator being removed.

The famous question: Does anybody know who this is?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
a case of friendly fire of which i too am guilty of.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was me. I am stock but at the light I was not really paying attention to set a race. I was on a business call. I pulled off and saw u leaving the light with diffrent intentions then me so I gave it some gas. Would have been nice to have a run though. So not really a friendly kill. Im pretty sure I would have got ya!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:02 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevewms499
It was me. I am stock but at the light I was not really paying attention to set a race. I was on a business call. I pulled off and saw u leaving the light with diffrent intentions then me so I gave it some gas. Would have been nice to have a run though. So not really a friendly kill. Im pretty sure I would have got ya!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Blitz.

'dem be some fightin' words!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
a case of friendly fire of which i too am guilty of.
"Keep firing assholes!"
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol..Blitz..NBP>ABP
Old 04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I NEED MONEY!

You Just Got Owned
Old 04-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Recently turned 18

Yeah, I wasn't "paying attention" either.....I didn't see you catching up though.

So are you modded? Never really seen you around.

ABP6spd>NBPauto
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

6 speeds are cool
Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by Blitz
Yeah, I wasn't "paying attention" either.....I didn't see you catching up though.

So are you modded? Never really seen you around.

ABP6spd>NBPauto
NBP 6spd > *
Old 04-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Intermediate

come on dog lets be serious. You are that dude everyone knows who always talks about racing someone on the way to work or where ever but really the other person doesnt even realize what your doing until you are already out front. Then they hit it to have some fun. Meanwhile you are on your cell :30 later calling your boys like " I just ran this car and bust his ass".

Like I said I didnt know you wanted to run until I saw your car jerking like you were learning how to drive a stickshift then I hit it and when you took so long to get to second gear I closed your head start.

So like I said if I knew you wanted to run I probally would have got Ya!

Its all good though Im fully stock no mods just drivin to work. I personally think my red calipers are ricey and get me into these situations but they were like that when I got the car. Soon to paint them black. Holla
Old 04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:gheyhug: Group hug..
Old 04-22-2006, 09:06 AM
I NEED MONEY!

come on dog lets be serious. You are that dude everyone knows who always talks about racing someone on the way to work or where ever but really the other person doesnt even realize what your doing until you are already out front. Then they hit it to have some fun. Meanwhile you are on your cell :30 later calling your boys like " I just ran this car and bust his ass".

Like I said I didnt know you wanted to run until I saw your car jerking like you were learning how to drive a stickshift then I hit it and when you took so long to get to second gear I closed your head start.

Its all good though Im fully stock no mods just drivin to work. I personally think my red calipers are ricey and get me into these situations but they were like that when I got the car. Soon to paint them black. Holla
ouch... you should deff. paint em black though...
Old 04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Recently turned 18

You've got it all wrong. I'm humble about my encounters. Like I said in the beginning it was Not necessarily a street race nor was this post an attempt to add cool points. I wasn't sure if you'd punch it, but I didn't pussyfoot out of the box either just in case. When I saw you go, I went. You didn't catch up. Those are the facts only. My point IS NOT/WAS NOT/WILL NOT be to show you up or brag at all. You can have all that. Just hoping as an obvious new guy you'll come hang out with us sometime. As a car, Acura and CL/TL lover I'll take all the cool people in the circle I can get. Your "learning how to drive" comment is kinda funny, but one day I'll put my tranny and skills up against yours. Until then, I'll just tell you come in, look around and make yourself at home. There's plenty of room here for you. You might even learn a thing or two from us old men that drive with both feet, use 3 pedals and both hands when we drive.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

^ lol
Old 04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Intermediate

I feel ya its all in good fun. Mabey I will see you around and we can have a clean run at it. I know a lil about kickin gears though my 78 camaro has a stick and thats when Im really in my mode. Shiftin gears like I hate my transmission.

[IMG][/IMG]