SoCal Dealer with Brains

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001 | 08:29 PM
Advanced

SoCal Dealer with Brains

I'm trying to figure our what Acura dealer out here actually has brains. Have been to Wier Canyon Acura and they are complete idiots. Got the car at Downey Acura and they seem ok but really want to take it to someone with knowledge for service.
Old 04-27-2001 | 08:46 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Try the one in Fairfeld or the Concord one is good.

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-27-2001 | 08:47 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Weir Canyon Acura isn't that bad..that's where I bought my CL-S.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~
Old 04-27-2001 | 08:48 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Sorry, I thought Fullerton was Northern Cal. Best to you ! Check with member Ericl, he is down your way !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
Sorry, I thought Fullerton was Northern Cal. Best to you ! Check with member Ericl, he is down your way !

</font>
Hmmm... You have put me in a very difficult position. I have been waiting a bit to come to a conclusion about Keyes. There is some good news/bad news stuff going on here.

For now, if someone knows of a place that has someone that can make me feel stupid when I find something wrong with the car, I would welcome it. The Keyes advisor is a very nice guy, but I have some disturbing notes as well.

However, not having been "but-holed" by some of the other guys around, I can't say how bad things are.

I will comment on the following:

1. The price was right for the oil change, sways, headers, and CAI.

2. The car was supposed to be tested, and there was even a "card" with the name of a mechanic that said something like, "... thank you. so and so road tested your car and it is perfect bla..bla.."

So, I get in the car, the nav is off -- they just didn't hit the ok button.

I ask again about the car being road tested, the guy said, "Oh yes..."

So, I have no given up my 1/2 price rental car, and am on my own (they don't cover rentals or give cars unless the stay is longer than a day. And if they know the car is going to be there a week, you still get to rent a car for the day -- ARGH!!!)

I drive out about 2 feet after revving the engine and talking to some guys about the stock wheels.

I am now out on the street with the nav thinking it is 20 miles away and I hear this terrible clunking sound over bumps.

Back, I go.

The service manager says, well we can have a look, but nothing is wrong with your NAVI.

I ask some question about what they did etc and everyone has blank faces.

Good news:

1/2 hour later, I get car back from after-hour working mechanics (Tom may be right about the Certification issue...). The guys are clueless. It seems they didn't tighten the sway bar bolts well.

Bad news:

While the NAVI did come back (I think it was sitting out in the way too hot sun) and finally adjusted itself, I was annoyed that my request to have the unit looked over was rebuffed with a, "... we didn't screw your unit up. The diagnostics say its fine, so it must be fine..."

Later that night, I have a look around with a shop lamp and see that the nuts on the header look like someone used a vice grip or pliers on them. The nuts have seriously rounded edges on them. This is the kind of stuff I used to see with "household" mechanics.

So, the stuff is tight, it is working well, but, does any body know someone around LA, that isn't hopeless?

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:26 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
i highly recommend acura of pasadena
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:27 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

What can we expect from Costco ? I LOVED full service gas stations ! Do you recall them ? They were Nordstrom, but we have, I'm afaid, we have lowered the quality in this country ! You get what you pay for ! Go to Nordstrom, you pay, but you get quality and GOD CUSTOMER SERVICE....NO QUESTIONS ASKED ! Give me back my full service gas stations !

------------------
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:37 PM
Advanced

Iridium130, how was your experience with their service? When I went their to buy they tried to rip me off by like 4k! Total BS about the car, the sales reps were clueless.
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
i highly recommend acura of pasadena</font>

Do they give you a loaner?

Have you looked over any "harware" they have "twisted"?

Prices?

Do they know what they are doing? (Have you given them a "hard" problem, and had them respond in a receptive way?)

Have you seen or talked to the mechanics? (Do they look like they are out of high school and have language skill problems?)

Finally -- what about mods -- do they do them for you. And do they back up their work. (Keyes at least was willing to stand behind their work. But I beleive that the job should be done right, the first time...)

-- Sounds silly, but I keep on running into "dealers" with various cars, and I just can't believe what these people are doing

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:49 PM
foolio at heart

Ahem... well, no comment.

------------------
2001 CL Type S
Eibach Sportlines/18" SSR GPO Evolutions on Pirelli p7000's/HKS Super Drager Exhaust/AEM CAI/AEM underdrive pulleys/Goodridge Stainless Steel Carbo lined brake lines

1995 Integra GSR
17" SSR GPO's on Nitto Extremes/DC Sports Stainless Steel Header/AEM CAI/MB quart mids and highs/Neuspeed strut braces/Tokico Adjustables/Apexi Cat back exhaust

1991 Mazda Miata Special Edition
Custom BMW Arctic Blue Paint/Hard Dog Sport Roll Bar/Custom Leather Seats/MB Quarts all the way around/Tokico Illuminas/Suspension Technique-Speed Tech Springs/Work-Ewing III's on Dunlop D40m2's/Flying Miata Sway bars/Greddy Turbo Kit/Greddy PE catback exhaust/

I'll finish the rest later
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:55 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blxmjx:
Ahem... well, no comment.

</font>
Yeh, right -- I know there is a "I told 'ya so coming, but... I do need to find a dealer that I can run to for warranty work."

I did call Pasadena, and I'm going there next time.

Loaner car -- YES!!

Very cool attitude about fixing stuff -- we will see.

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-27-2001 | 09:56 PM
teh Senior Instigator

pasasadena is cool. they changed my tranny w/ no ?'s asked
Old 04-27-2001 | 10:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Weir Canyon is cool. I am satisfy with their service dept. I just got my 15k service done there and they fixed my sunroof squeak and drained my washer fluid per service bulletin. They also fixed my rattling rear brake lights per my request.

------------------
01' CL-S, Silver/Ebony
Old 04-27-2001 | 10:32 PM
Advanced

Does Wier Canyon give loaner cars? What about mods, will they install them and warranty them?
Old 04-27-2001 | 10:39 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aysle:
Does Wier Canyon give loaner cars? What about mods, will they install them and warranty them?</font>
I believe they will give loaner cars, but will not install mods.

I have not had a problem w/ my CAI with them though...

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~
Old 04-27-2001 | 11:36 PM
Oh...Behave!

Definately DON'T go to South Coast Acura!

They are a bunch of idiots! (See post regarding IMRC Dual-stage induction problems)

What about Tustin Acura? They are the largest volume dealer in Orange County.
Old 04-28-2001 | 12:06 AM
Instructor

As I said in the past, when I bought mine I went to approx. 20 dealers.

Weir Canyon Acura: Crappy sales department, great service and parts depts. Take mine to them for service, and they will give you a loaner. Like the parts dept., since they will let me order a part and let me pay for it when I pick it up instead of paying for it when I order the part.

Tustin Acura: Lets put it this way, to them 2+2=7 enough said.

Pasadena Acura: Have heard horror stories about their sevice department. My friend's dad took his Legend in for service, and when he picked it up the dealer put on over 200 miles on it. Would not go lower than $500.00 below sticker.

South Coast Acura: Bought mine from them, no pressure, got the best deal of all the dealers that I went to. When I picked up mine my friend was so impressed he bought 2 new TL's from them, the same day I took deliery of mine. Never took my car back to them for work, since it is not close to either home or work.

Downey Acura: Very nice, but also the highest price. Kept insisting that I could get a CL-S in Green.

Metro Acura: Suprised that they are still in business. Very rude.

Santa Monica/Keyes/Acura 101: Said that I could not get a Green CL. Told that they never made one in that color.

Just my 02 cents.

------------------

Beat the Bruins
Old 04-29-2001 | 08:27 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gvtire:
As I said in the past, when I bought mine I went to approx. 20 dealers.

Weir Canyon Acura: Crappy sales department, great service and parts depts. Take mine to them for service, and they will give you a loaner. Like the parts dept., since they will let me order a part and let me pay for it when I pick it up instead of paying for it when I order the part.

Tustin Acura: Lets put it this way, to them 2+2=7 enough said.

Pasadena Acura: Have heard horror stories about their sevice department. My friend's dad took his Legend in for service, and when he picked it up the dealer put on over 200 miles on it. Would not go lower than $500.00 below sticker.

South Coast Acura: Bought mine from them, no pressure, got the best deal of all the dealers that I went to. When I picked up mine my friend was so impressed he bought 2 new TL's from them, the same day I took deliery of mine. Never took my car back to them for work, since it is not close to either home or work.

Downey Acura: Very nice, but also the highest price. Kept insisting that I could get a CL-S in Green.

Metro Acura: Suprised that they are still in business. Very rude.

Santa Monica/Keyes/Acura 101: Said that I could not get a Green CL. Told that they never made one in that color.

Just my 02 cents.

</font>
Boy, that is $0.02 x 100,000 worth of depressing thoughts about the dealers in our area.

I now know why they are working so hard on hypersonic aircraft with 1 hour Los Angeles to New York times -- so we can fly our cars to Park Ave for service

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-29-2001 | 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Final comment -- CLPower likes Pasadena. Can someone clarify this horror story service rap they got.

AT least my stuff is working great (for now)...

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-29-2001 | 10:58 AM
Instructor

Here is what I know first hand:

When my advisor at PCC picked up her Legend after getting it serviced, the drivers seat had been torn/puntured and was missing a couple of center caps. Needed to fight to get them to fix it, which they did. They told her that the car was brought in that way. BTW the car was 3 months old and had THEIR PAPER PLATES ON THE CAR.

My friends dad took his Legend in for 15k service. Told them that he will be picking the car up in a couple of weeks, since he was going to be out of town and did not need the car. When he pick up the car the dealer put on over 200 miles and had fast food wrappers/food in the trunk. He went to the Service Manager and General manager to complain and the just blew him off. The only reason he took his car there was Foldger Acura in Monrovia went out of business

A frat brother took his Intregra to them and they did not tighten the lug nuts. When he back to the house he checked and several of the lugs were ready to fall off.

Had a neighbor take his in, also a Legend, to some minor things adjusted, and the service writer said would not fix any of the things since he did not purchase his car there.

In all fairness all of these problems happened in the early to mid 90's and I think now that Pasadena Acura in under new ownership/managment.

------------------

Beat the Bruins

[This message has been edited by gvtire (edited 04-29-2001).]
Old 04-29-2001 | 06:07 PM
Safety Car

Cerritos Acura has been really good to me since I bought my car from them. They just installed a new alternator no questions asked....and while they were at it, they checked over the whole car, fixed up my brakes, checked my steering because it felt a whole lot better afterwards, did something to my CAI because it felt and sounded better afterwards. Haven't asked them to install anything yet so I dont know about those prices.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, Hiper/Piaa/Polarg bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, AEM CAI, V1, and Mugen Pedals.
Old 04-29-2001 | 09:46 PM
Racer

montclair acura is ok, but then again i always talk to the service manager. .imho, the only person you should talk to when getting your car serviced.

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 04-29-2001 | 09:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Final comment -- CLPower likes Pasadena. Can someone clarify this horror story service rap they got.

AT least my stuff is working great (for now)...

</font>

i've gone in there with many picky and nitty problems. One was there was a rattling in the trunk. They spent all day riding around w/ someone in the trunk to find what it is. They always call me and keep me updated on everything. They will put on comptech parts, they do it alot. I used to know the service manager real well over there however he is no longer around. But his mechanics know their stuff. Very knowledgeable. Most of them spend thier time tweaking NSX's; everytime i go in there theres at least 2-3. Usually one is fixed up. I went there once and they had 2 SC nsx's and a turbocharged one. They are always on time, and if not they accomodate me otherwise. I haven't ever been able to get a loaner car because of insurance reasons, but they are always more then happy to lend one out. However it is usually not an acura.
Old 04-30-2001 | 01:54 AM
Fight On SC!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
pasasadena is cool. they changed my tranny w/ no ?'s asked</font>

why did you need a new tranny??

------------------
silver 2001 cl type s
Old 04-30-2001 | 09:11 AM
Instructor

Sierra Acura of Alhambra.

They are the official carrier of Comptech Products, even have a showroom of Comptech Products and have pictures of the Realtime Racing GT Class NSX and I believe of the Touring Class Integras. Talk to Warren Lew. He's the Team Leader of the Parts dept and he installed my headers. I have to admit it was expensive, but I didn't have any problems with them whatsoever. Iguess that doesn't mean someone else won't but it wouldn't hurt to try them as I haven't seen anyone mention them yet.

However I will say that he didn't know the direct prices of the CL Type S Intake Manifold, as he continually said it should be around $200 dollars, where in reality it's closer to $1400.00 dollars without gaskets and bolts. But this can be do the part numbers, and the manifold has so many part numbers it's obsurd so he might've only checked the center manifold piece's part number or something, don't really know, either that or he was trying to hook me up and I was too stupid to realize.

I can't say anything about Metro Acura, but at Metro Honda, unless you're asian, you won't get approached (Now I know how minorities feel when purchasing a car), as I didn't get approached while inside the showroom and no one acknowledged my presense, however there were several asian teenagers being helped and an asian family being helped. Oh well...