Should I complain... and call Acura HQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Manny Tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I complain... and call Acura HQ

Here's my problem...

Car was purchased new in late Dec 02 and stored for the winter.

4/15/03 - Out of storage.

4/28/03 - Called the dealer sales rep and left voice mail and identified 4 issues. 1-CD player dead, 2-Front lights fogging, 3-Rear bumper lip warped, 4-Alignment pulls to the left.

4/29/03 - Sales rep calls me back. Forwards me to Service dept. I explain issues. Service rep tells me he will get right back to me to line up an appt.

5/2/03 - I call Service and leave Voice mail asking about my issue.

5/7/03 - No return call from Service so I call Sales Rep and explain nothing is happening. No one is returning my calls. Sales rep tells me he'll get right on it and call me back immediately.

5/9/03 - Today, it's Friday morning and it's been two weeks since I made the call and I still don't have an appt.

Is this normal service at Acura? I find this unacceptable....
Old 05-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Advanced

That is NOT acceptable!!!!
Call the service manager and tell him you next call is to the GM. If that does nothing call the GM and tell him that you are going Acura customer service/zone management.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
That is bullshit. I have never had any problems like that. they are usually very cordial. Did all this happen in storage and wasnt there before, or you just didn't notice it before. Maybe it would be better if you just went in and talked to them in person, but you shouldn't have to do that. They are usually good with appointments at my dealer. Hope you get this resolved.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by zippy
That is NOT acceptable!!!!
Call the service manager and tell him you next call is to the GM. If that does nothing call the GM and tell him that you are going Acura customer service/zone management.
What Zippy said! Last chance for an immediate return call from the service manager, then to the head of the dealership. No more than three hours for him to respond before calling customer care. Why give them another chance? They should feel guilty enough to offer you something for totally screwing up! YMMV
Old 05-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Balla on a Budget

ID say fuggit and call Acura Customer Care
Old 05-09-2003, 10:06 AM

That's bullshit.

Take it back to where you bought it. Just show up.

Tell them to fix it, or keep it.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Call service directly. Don't leave a message, wait for someone to talk to directly. Stop dicking around with the sales guys. You're done dealing with him.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Old 05-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Masshole

Stejus, I see you are in MA. Which dealership is this?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by EdgarFanCLS
Stejus, I see you are in MA. Which dealership is this?
I would call the service manager first, then call Acura Customer Satisfaction. (the sales rep is just a middleman, cut them out of the service loop).

I think that Stejus bought it at Inskip. Inskip has been ok so far w/ me (other then their service prices being outrageous). They do stick you in the cheapest econobox that Enterprise rentals has for a loaner tho' (I paid $300 for the PVP or whatever they call it, so I would be guarrentied a loaner when work is done, ouch).

I've heard some complaints about Inskip Acura Service, but only after I bought my car from them

I've dealt w/ Arty (who I think is new) the last couple of times, and David once (who is the the service manager I think).

I called this past wednesday at lunchtime (12:00) to see if my car was ready (replaced lower control arm), and got Ruth's voice mail. They didn't call right back, but called about 2:00 to tell me the car was ready.

Went to pick it up, and had to wait 15 minutes for them to drive the car around (I thought it was ready ). Car was washed, but not vacummed as they said it would be (second time that has happened), but they did dress the tires this time.

After saying all this, I don't think I'll buy another Acura from Inskip (I'll either goto Claire in MA, or Newport Acura).
Old 05-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Manny Tranny

I bought the car from INSKIP.

The service contact is called RD. I don't know his real name. I will call him know and if I don't get what I want, it's a call to the GM of INSKIP.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by stejus

The service contact is called RD. I don't know his real name. I will call him know and if I don't get what I want, it's a call to the GM of INSKIP.
Get what you want??? It's been two weeks and you haven't "gotten what you want". How much longer you gonna give these butt-plugs? I say fuck it and go straight to someone who will give a shit.

Yes, I'm having a bad day...
Old 05-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Manny Tranny

Ok, here is the result of my call.

I called RD and got the typical voice mail. I "zero'ed" out and got to the receptionist. I asked for the service manager. I got Dave on the phone and asked him to look up my service issue i recored over two weeks ago. It took him 2 minutes to pull up my record and he says "are you having trouble with the mud guards we installed"? I nearly flipped out. These are the mud guard I had installed at date of purchase back in Dec 02.

I asked if he saw anything on record about my call to RD two weeks ago. I told him there are 4 problems identified on this service request. He didn't find any reference to what I was talking about.

So, after 5 minutes of me talking, he got the message.

1. CD Issue - Acura doesn't support burnt CD's with paper labels. (Nice try, i told him there is no paper label and I've used the same CD's in this CD player before. This isn't a problem with stuck CD, the whole unit is fried!. He said he'd order a new unit.
2. Lights fogging up - no problem, we'll order new ones.
3. Rear bumper - He said he'll have to look at it. Never heard of warped rear bumber lips. I agreed. I told him I've seen several CL's on the road and none of their rear bumbers have a warp.
4. Allignment - He will put it up on the Allignment unit to see if it's off.

I asked what happen to my original request and he couldn't answer me. I told him RD may have already ordered the parts and he said "no way", not without my approval.

This is no way to introduce a new Acura customer to a Service dept in my opinion. I will get these issues addressed and they will never see me again.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Robert Lee is the GM. RD is probably Ruth. (there's only 2 service reps that I know of her and Arty).