The sheriff is in da house

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The sheriff is in da house

alright i finally have the power to close and delete posts. i've only closed Pulls post thus far so don't make me close and/or delete more.

policies:

watch your language please. my kid sometimes reads over my shoulder...

no more personal attacks

no more trolling

topics must be related to racing

i will be warning ppl and issuing strikes. 3 strikes and you're banned for a day. repeated bans and you be banned permanently.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mike:
<STRONG>alright i finally have the power to close and delete posts. i've only closed Pulls post thus far so don't make me close and/or delete more.

policies:

no more personal attacks

no more trolling

i will be warning ppl and issuing strikes. 3 strikes and you're banned for a day. repeated bans and you be banned permanently.</STRONG>
Good job mike, but don't you think it's your responsibility to watch your kid and what he sees? so your going to tell me there are 2000 registered members and I have to watch my grammer for your child? I like the liberty of grammar here were all adults, I would hate to see myself get banned or barred for that. Trolls, BS posts, it's all fair game, I think you should re-think your grammar policy as the owner of this board could simply turn that option back on to ## out curses. Just my .02
Old 08-15-2001, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

i have 2 computers and one sits a bit behind the other. i really can't change the setup because there isn't enough room to rearrange. when the kid is sitting behind me i stay out of ramblings for obvious reasons
i didn't say stop cussing, i'd just like members to watch their language a little more.
cussing is not going to earn you any strikes or get you banned. sorry if it came across that way.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<STRONG>i have 2 computers and one sits a bit behind the other. i really can't change the setup because there isn't enough room to rearrange. when the kid is sitting behind me i stay out of ramblings for obvious reasons
i didn't say stop cussing, i'd just like members to watch their language a little more.
cussing is not going to earn you any strikes or get you banned. sorry if it came across that way.</STRONG>
im glad you took my post the right way and not the wrong. glad to hear, thanks mike!
Old 08-15-2001, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

i'm cool w/it.

did i ever tell you my older brothers name is Ernie? I like you already!
Old 08-15-2001, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I don't get another post locked for simply asking a question (where others throw racial slurs, swear words, etc.), please tell me the proper forum for asking "site related" question like ones about deleted posts, etc...
Old 08-15-2001, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Did I piss off some admin's?
Old 08-15-2001, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>So I don't get another post locked for simply asking a question (where others throw racial slurs, swear words, etc.), please tell me the proper forum for asking "site related" question like ones about deleted posts, etc...</STRONG>
hey hey hey....I haven't thrown out any racial slurs in awhile...
Besides...it's about time Mike got his mod powers back....now this will be racing stories again...not I race something faster than a geo metro 1L..and get attacked..
Old 08-15-2001, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Yo Mike- if someone insults me I've got to retaliate. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words is all we got.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:18 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 632 Likes on 281 Posts
<STRONG>alright i finally have the power to close and delete posts. i've only closed Pulls post thus far so don't make me close and/or delete more.

policies:

no more personal attacks

no more trolling

i will be warning ppl and issuing strikes. 3 strikes and you're banned for a day. repeated bans and you be banned permanently.</STRONG>
the same goes for me, I'm watching you guys now, let's keep things mature and positive
Old 08-15-2001, 06:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Pull, i locked the post because i answered your question and didn't want the thread to become inflammitory. I hope I didn't offend you cuz your posts are helpful and insightful.
If you have questions open a thread or you can always contact me and/or Astro via email.
I feel that we need to reign RS in for a bit until things get back to normal.

Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>So I don't get another post locked for simply asking a question (where others throw racial slurs, swear words, etc.), please tell me the proper forum for asking "site related" question like ones about deleted posts, etc...</STRONG>
Old 08-15-2001, 06:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Yes, but you can retaliate but how about using some creativity instead of the brute force method?
You're more intelligent than your foe so make them look silly w/logic rather than belittling them and lowering yourself to their level.

cool?

Originally posted by WildWolf:
<STRONG>Yo Mike- if someone insults me I've got to retaliate. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words is all we got.</STRONG>
Old 08-28-2001, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Just a reminder...
Old 08-28-2001, 01:43 PM
6 speed...

<STRONG>Just a reminder...</STRONG>

careful, now... all this PWing and we'll be back up over our bandwidth limit again...

they'll shut us down for sure this time! ("it was just too popular a forum to deal with. all those posts, all those satisfied users. what a pain in the ass. {oops. I mean 'butt.'} next we'll shut down car talk, because that forum is by far the worst offender. there are like 100,000 posts in there! so damn popular! {I mean 'darn.'} who can keep up with all that! sheesh!")

<running, ducking for cover>