Ricers vs. Real Racers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Nosferatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricers vs. Real Racers

http://www.anti-rice.com/phpBB/viewt...81&forum=1&113

Finally a real magainze took it upon themselves to address this issue....

Gotta love the pics!

Hehehehehe...

(p.s. - if this belongs in ramblings, feel free to move it, I'm posting it here because of it's relation to racing, modding, cars and how ricing is jsut plain stupid....)
Old 01-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Nosferatu

And before people get upset at that article or me posting it. Realize the ARTICLE IS NOT ABOUT BASHING ON IMPORTS but about bashing on RICERS. They ackowledge there ARE faster imports that can beat domestics as well. They wrote that article for the people how drive 16 -17 second Civics with stickers galore but no real mods. You modify it and don't 'rice' it out, then that's cool, but trying to make yourself LOOK fast without actually being fast is what that article is aiming at.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Banned

Fantastic...thanks Andrew
Old 01-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Banned

Finally someone says it like it is!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Nosferatu

YOU GUYS HAVE TO READ THE REPLIES!!!!! HAHAHAHH! That's some of the funniest stuff, the article is CLEARLY agasint ricers and not imports and SO many ricers came over and start arguing. SOme of the comments are good points, some are the usual ricer excuses. ALso, some of the domestic guys comments are funny as heck too. HOweverm toward the 8th page, it comes down to only a few people posting amongst themselves.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Suzuka Master

So very true!!! There couldn't be anyone on this forum like that.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Peace. I'm out.

HAHAHA...nice post, dont you just love it when you shut down a ricer?
Old 01-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Banned

In defense of The Imports/Ricers:

"CarCraft" type old domestics: Breakage every few runs resulting in a 30 miunte cleanup of the full-track oil down.

Imports: Rarely have breakage other than the occasional CV or halfshaft resulting in a 30 second push off the track.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

The really sad part of this is that most ricers have no clue where the performance potential is in their ride. It is not in straight line races where a big block will most certainly win, but in the ability to turn and turn quickly.

A Civic can be made to handle very well for not too much money. Try to make a Chevelle handle as well and you are fighting a lost cause.

But unfortunately part of the ricer mentality is limited to stop light to stop light confrontations. The concept of transitioning from one turn to the other is limited to video games.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 632 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally posted by scalbert

But unfortunately part of the ricer mentality is limited to stop light to stop light confrontations. The concept of transitioning from one turn to the other is limited to video games.

oh so so true!
you should see my friends and I at the go cart track...LOL
Old 01-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Banned

just wanted y'all to read this guy....
Bit of a hippocrit I think.

Wow. That was funny. And very true.

Ya know, there was the one guy who was callin us closed-minded. When he is the one who is obviously closed minded considering he didn't understand that we DID say that theres a difference between an enthusiest with a fast car... and a ricer (Domestic or foreign). Plus, I don't like NASCAR, thank you very much. Maybe instead of getting mad reading this stuff and closing their mind even further to suggestions, maybe they should try to learn something and think about WHY people make sites like this.

He runs his truck which runs a 15.8......not bad, but with the silencer removed...he is still a "riceboy" by making his car seem faster than it really is...
Old 01-11-2002, 03:35 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by Pull_T
In defense of The Imports/Ricers:

"CarCraft" type old domestics: Breakage every few runs resulting in a 30 miunte cleanup of the full-track oil down.

Imports: Rarely have breakage other than the occasional CV or halfshaft resulting in a 30 second push off the track.
Amen to that! I've lost track of the HOURS I've wasted at the track waiting around for them to clean up the mess left on the track from a domestic.

Everything from tires coming off, breaking drive shafts, rear windows flying out, dropping an oil pan, you name it!

Also the other thing that pisses me off at the track is they make the imports wait for the quicker domestics to run, when it takes them 4 times longer to do their 20 second smokey burnout and and stage when I can drive around the water pit and stage in 5 seconds.

So how do they figure I'm slowing them up when its takes me 5 seconds to stage and 15.5 seconds to make a run... that's 20.5 total seconds to there 20 seconds to stage and 12 seconds to run... that's 32 seconds. See my point?
Old 01-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Nosferatu

Originally posted by BNut

Amen to that! I've lost track of the HOURS I've wasted at the track waiting around for them to clean up the mess left on the track from a domestic.

Everything from tires coming off, breaking drive shafts, rear windows flying out, dropping an oil pan, you name it!

Also the other thing that pisses me off at the track is they make the imports wait for the quicker domestics to run, when it takes them 4 times longer to do their 20 second smokey burnout and and stage when I can drive around the water pit and stage in 5 seconds.

So how do they figure I'm slowing them up when its takes me 5 seconds to stage and 15.5 seconds to make a run... that's 20.5 total seconds to there 20 seconds to stage and 12 seconds to run... that's 32 seconds. See my point?
The reason why is they bring in the money. Most of those guys are there every week, some of them have sponsers, etc. etc. They aren't going to bend over backwards for the off the street cars that may only go there once.

Plus where the heck do you guys go that there are so many breakdowns on the track? Out of the 4 times I've been to Byron in Illinois and 5 times at Ohio Valley Dragway in Kentucky, I've seen about 3 breakdowns for a total delay of about 1 hour.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Grand Turismo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL
Old 01-11-2002, 04:22 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by Vampyre
Plus where the heck do you guys go that there are so many breakdowns on the track? Out of the 4 times I've been to Byron in Illinois and 5 times at Ohio Valley Dragway in Kentucky, I've seen about 3 breakdowns for a total delay of about 1 hour.
Welcome to the South! Home of hill billy Bobs, mullet hair cuts, and racist rednecks all trying to race their beat up Pickups and 76 Camaros at the track.

The 3 tracks I've been to were at Houston, TX (HRP), Eunice, LA (LA Raceway) and Baton Rouge, LA (State Capitol Dragway). Houston wasn't too bad with break downs, but at Eunice I've wasted over 1.5 hours in a single day waiting for cleanups!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Vampyre

The reason why is they bring in the money. Most of those guys are there every week, some of them have sponsers, etc. etc. They aren't going to bend over backwards for the off the street cars that may only go there once.

They bring the money? Your track may be different, but at HRP, the "those guys" pay $15 just like the street cars and on a typical night, there are 20 street cars for every one of "those guys". True, most street guys aren't there every week but the ratio still holds that the street guys "Bring the money".

I wasn't really trying to say that they break down all the time, I overstated my joke in the spirit of how the CarCraft article exaggerated, but when there are breakdowns (I'd say I see three 15-30 minute breakdowns for every 2 trips to the track) it is a car that looks like the Chevelle in that article.

Funny how I (domestic driver) is defending his comments against domestics to an import driver.

HRP is not as bad as the description BNut gave of the Louisiana tracks.

And BNut...it sucks that they make the import guys wait out there. They don't do that at HRP, but they do let all the bike riders roll up to the front of the line, it sucks. Come to HRP in Feb for the test and tunes, you won't be disappointed.