removal of rear panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 07:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
removal of rear panel

can someone tell me how to remove the rear panel. it rattles like crazy when i play some of my bassy music. it's not the rear top stop light. it's right beside the rear driver side speaker cuz when i hold that part down or just put light pressure, it stops. i plan to put some dynamat or something. unless someone has any suggestions to stop the vibration without removing the rear panel!

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish
"i drive it like my grandma....j/k"
Old 06-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just get some gray carpeting or other kind of foam and stuff it between the rear window and deck.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter w/ J&J RAP CAI. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:25 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a problem with my rear sub housing. It drove me nuts!! I don't know if this is exactly your problem, but it might help.

But here is how I solved it tempararely..

There is a piece of the rear that slides down between the rear seat and the trunk. I just stuffed some folded up paper right behind the seat.. it worked ok for a while.. but then I tried putting something behind the piece coming from the housing.. this seemed to be alot better.

You could maybe stuff something behind the seats. Since the don't fold down anyway, you could just leave it in there..

Other rattles could also be caused by something else in your trunk and not the panel itself. Maybe the tension bars or something with the seatbelt??
Old 06-28-2001, 10:49 PM
retired

To remove the panel you will first need to remove the rear seat.This is done by lifting out the seat bottoms.These snap in place and can be tough to remove.Next you will need to remove the storage bin this is held in place by four 10 MM bolts.Next you will have to remove the two 10 MM bolts that hold in place the outer edges of the seat back.Next you need to wrap an old sock around each rear seat belt buckle to avoid scratching them.Next lift the rear seat back upward then grab the whole thing and remove it from the car.Next you will have to remove the rear sail panels(large covers on interior of c pillar).Then you can pop up the rear deck and remove it and go rattle hunting.Or you can go to your dealer and let them fix it under warranty which may be your better bet because this is an awful lot of work to go through.I would suggest you go and take a mechanic for a ride so that he knows which noise you are after.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 06-29-2001, 01:24 AM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
To remove the panel you will first need to remove the rear seat.This is done by lifting out the seat bottoms.These snap in place and can be tough to remove.Next you will need to remove the storage bin this is held in place by four 10 MM bolts.Next you will have to remove the two 10 MM bolts that hold in place the outer edges of the seat back.Next you need to wrap an old sock around each rear seat belt buckle to avoid scratching them.Next lift the rear seat back upward then grab the whole thing and remove it from the car.Next you will have to remove the rear sail panels(large covers on interior of c pillar).Then you can pop up the rear deck and remove it and go rattle hunting.Or you can go to your dealer and let them fix it under warranty which may be your better bet because this is an awful lot of work to go through.I would suggest you go and take a mechanic for a ride so that he knows which noise you are after.Jens

</font>
thanks jens. but i think the vibration is due to the sub i added recently. and it only vibrates with the low notes. after your explaining in detail how to remove the panel.....i think what i'll do first is to try and stuff some fill beside the speakers. if this doesn't work then i'll take your advice and take it to the dealer. you're right, seems to be an awful lot of work just to remove the panel!

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish
Old 06-29-2001, 02:24 AM
do it yourself, !

I had the same rattle and brought it to the dealer and it was all fixed.

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Custom Grill - Cleared Headlights - Solaris 9005 Highbeams - Complete bulb replacement with Polargs

18 x 8.5 SSR GPO DeColte Evolutions on Nitto 555 Extremes 235/40/18 - Comptech Headers - Eibach Springs - Injen CAI with Custom Heat Shield

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - (Chrome AMG Rims-Sold)
Old 06-29-2001, 09:09 AM
'Cooter

we covered this issue last month sometime, and a few options were discussed...when i went to my dealor with this problem, they replaced my rear driver's side speaker, but that didn't do squat...someone here on the board suggested loosening, repositioning, and re-tightening the 2 10mm bolts that hold the rear deck brake lamp. the bolts are located in the trunk and are spaced approx 6 inches apart. u'll know them when u see them. u'll also notice that there's a track that each screw and bolt slide on, traveling parallel to the length of the car. what i did was loosened both bolts, pulled the screws and bolts as far back as they would go (u're pulling towards the back of the car), and re-tightened. that was a month ago, and after extensive testing, rattle free. so before u start pulling seats and rear decks out, even going to the dealor, try this 10 minute max test to see if it works. best of luck.

Chris

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

- PIAA 19224 road lamps
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- the OLD cup holder
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 06-29-2001, 10:22 AM
Burning Brakes

i will try your suggestions first. actually, i was able to get rid of the rattle from the brake light previous to adding the sub. i will recheck....things may have moved around a little bit. thanks guys!

------------------
CL-P....icy white!