question for who ever that has tints

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 01:44 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for who ever that has tints

im going to get tints for my cl soon..im getting 25-35%(not sure yet) on all windows except the front windsheild... my question is:
-what name brand should i get..(i want the best so i will have it for awhile and it wont f*ck up)

-do the tinting people cover the inside brake light?? i want them to cover it bc i have a spoiler but will it be hard for them..?? i dont want them to f*ck up the tints or my window..

-want % should i get for my car..?? i have a black type-s.?? and also i dont give a sh*t about the law..!! but i dont want it to be to dark..?

-will the rear defroster fu*k up the tints on the back window.??

- what is an average price???

thank you

----------------------------
Acura 3.2 cl type s
--black/black
-navi. system
-soiler
-mud guards
-v1
=soon to get tints and rims
Old 06-21-2001, 02:35 AM
AWD Torque Monster

okay
yes they can tint where the 3rd brake light is. just tell them to do so. don't worry about name brand. just make sure the tint place u go to is reputable and that u ask them if the tint color is gauranteed FOREVER. usually they sell cheap and quality tint u have to specify what u want. ok the rear defogger im not sure about but none of my friends or myself ever use it. never need to. im would think that those lines would heat up the tint and ruin it. make sure u get the tint u want on the back cuz once its on if u want to change it the rear defogger lines can get ripped off when removing tint. if i was u i would get 5% LIMO. u will be happy for maybe a month and then ull be like damn i should have listened to VXCL and got 5%. i've been through all tints and i will tell u the degree of seeing out at night between 5%, 15%, 20%, 35% even cheap purple faded tint are all about the same. ur gonna have to roll ur window down and stick ur head out when driving in reverse. rain is horrible at night. it is almost impossible to see out. but this is only a prob when driving in revesee. if ur in a well lit area it doesnt matter ull be able to see fine with ur windows up. im talkin about a place with no lights except for what is on ur car. also ull love tint on the highway at night cuz damn ppl with HIDs and SUVs lights are like 1/2 as bright. im tellin u go 5%. if not the whole car then at least the rear window. im actually going back soon to get 5% on top of the 5% i already have. i like my shit BLACk as night. here's some pics.

------------------
1997 Black Acura 2.2 CL
http://members.home.net/vx16
See It Here
Old 06-21-2001, 02:38 AM
AWD Torque Monster

waut so u dont give a fuck about the law but u dont want them dark? well if so then anything past 35%(BLACK) is pretty damn dark. other colors usually aren't as dark. ex.. smoke 5% is like black 20% still if i was u i would get 5% especially since u got a black cl. ur windows will match ur paint. heh. looks so smooth.

------------------
1997 Black Acura 2.2 CL
http://members.home.net/vx16
See It Here
Old 06-21-2001, 02:42 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

One of the best brands is SunGuard....you have to be carefull in terms of choosing the right brand cuz some tints turn purple within a year or two.

On a black car, I would look into 20-30% all around (I lean more towards a 30% cuz the car is dark already, I went 35% with my silver).

The rear defroster shouldn't give you any problems and the tinter should not cut across the defroster lines. The problem could be with the dot-matrix on the rear window, some inexperienced shops will make it look silver on the outside...

------------------
--> RUVZ
2001 3.2CL Type S - Satin Silver - Polarg M6 roadlamps, 35% tint
Coming VERY soon: Eibach Springs, AEM CAI, Brembo Rotors
Old 06-21-2001, 03:27 AM
Instructor

i also want to know..

if i go 30% or lower can i see out the window..??
or will it be a pain in the ass.?? exspecaily in the night??
i want to be safe for me and my car... dont fu*king want to be sued or have my insurance rasied bc of my tints.. so what would you guys recommend??
Old 06-21-2001, 05:40 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

You mean they don't remove the 3rd brakelight when they install the spoiler? My uncle's camry had that removed when the wing was put in.

------------------
Dammit, where's my CLS??!@
Old 06-21-2001, 11:19 AM
Cruisin'

If you don't care about your state laws, go as dark as you want. Otherwise you need to see what is acceptable where you live. This site can help, http://autowindowtintings.com/.

Laws aside, the easiest thing to do is ask someone what % they have when you see a tint job you like. Also, make sure the shop offers a lifetime warranty against peeling and bubbling.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Well, I'm in NY and I have 20% on the rear and 35% on the rest (sides). The guy who did my install said I can go as dark as I want on the back, but on the driver and passenger windows, 35% was the max. This is what I was going to do anyway, but I wanted to stay legal. During the day, you can see right though my car, but at night you can't. I have no problems seeing at any time of the day, although my father said he thinks the rear window is dark at night (maybe I'm just used to it?).....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-21-2001, 01:30 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juniorbean:

Well, I'm in NY and I have 20% on the rear and 35% on the rest (sides). The guy who did my install said I can go as dark as I want on the back, but on the driver and passenger windows, 35% was the max. This is what I was going to do anyway, but I wanted to stay legal. During the day, you can see right though my car, but at night you can't. I have no problems seeing at any time of the day, although my father said he thinks the rear window is dark at night (maybe I'm just used to it?).....

</font>
with a 30% i dont think it would be that diffcult to see out during dark. would you notice a difference, of course but nmot something that means that you would have to roll with ur windows down and i guess you would have to get used to it also. for a week or two you'll be like "WTF, i cant see sh*t"...but then you'll adjust.

------------------
Future "bucket": 96-99 GST/GSX or 93-99 Prelude w/ bolt on turbo
Previous ride: '01 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 in....couldn't make da payments
Old 06-21-2001, 01:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

15% on top of the stock 35%
15% windshield

dayam, can't even see the parchment interior

that ran me $200 for all 6 windows

------------------
'01 Black/Tan CL-S w/ Navi & spoiler