View Poll Results: ADD CLS Stock Spoiler?
Spoiler with TL body kit
61.11%
No Spoiler with TL body kit
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Please Help to make a decision!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please Help to make a decision!!

Guys,

I'm still somewhat new to this fourm as far as posting threads, and moding my car. However, I've been reading this fourm for quite some time now, and I see lots of people here have greats tastes and have done great things to their car. So I was wondering if you guys can help me out.

I have a 2001 Blue CLS, and I decided not to drop the car yet, because I've recently ride in my friends lowered TLS, and it was pretty rough compared to the stock ride. So as an alternative, I've decide to go the Body Kit route. Inspired by Charles N with the Silver CL with a TL body kit, I decided to do it also. I'm taking the car in Monday to my friends body shop. (He is doing it as a favor for all the customer I've brought him in the past two years).

Now, here is where I need you guys experties, and good tastes.

Please keep in mind that I want my car to look as clean as possible.

Should I add the Stock CL spoiler to my car with the body kit?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should put some pics in your post of both.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
That's a tough call. I think that the CL looks good both with and without the spoiler. I would say that with the body kit I'd go with a spoiler. It would kind of complete the car.

What you can always do is have the kit installed w/o the spoiler and see if you like it. If you do.. leave it... if not.. add the spoiler It would be easier to add the spoiler later then to remove it if you don't like it.....
Old 06-21-2002, 07:36 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

I say get the spoiler!!!! Click on the link in my sig at the bottom to see what it looks like with the spoiler.

Here are a couple:

Old 06-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Revving at 9K...

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks you all for the feed back, however, where the poll stands, it doesn't really help me make a soild decision...

The reason why I need to make a call now, is bacause since I'm getting the body kit done, the body shop is welling to do the wing for cheap.. okay near nothing.

But thanks again for the pics!!
Old 06-24-2002, 09:42 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

It's your car bro!!! You are gonna have to live with it!! It's all about what YOU like!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another option...

is the BMW 5 series wing/spoiler thingy that someone put on their trunk.

looks pretty sweet
Old 06-24-2002, 03:15 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Originally posted by juniorbean
That's a tough call. I think that the CL looks good both with and without the spoiler. I would say that with the body kit I'd go with a spoiler. It would kind of complete the car.
I agree...the rear of our cars are sloped at such an angle that it is almost similar to the front windshield. w/o a kit it doesn't look so bad because of the front bumper being completely different from the rear. But if you are going to throw on a bodykit/skirt around the entire car, I think the spoiler would be a must.

By the way, is your bodyshop friend looking to do more kits, or is this a one off favor?
Old 06-24-2002, 04:52 PM
Revving at 9K...

This is a test run

By the way, is your bodyshop friend looking to do more kits, or is this a one off favor?
Yeah, the whole idea was to try it on my car first, and if everything turned out good, then, I was going to try and bring them some more CL business. On that note, I have great confident in them, because they pretty much been speicalizing in import body mods anyway. And they've turn out some great looking cars.

When I had my integra, I did the JDM Mugen front end conversion, and also repaint the whole car to the Type R White color. It was sooooo clean, and looked soooo good.

So in about 10 - 14 days (Just took my car in today!), I will post some pics for you guys to see, and give me the thumbs up or down.