P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!

Sorry guys for delay. Here is 1 picture of the intake. Had to take picture of the intake upside down as the powder coating company accidentally dropped this one, and the other side is all scratched up.

This picture is of a 6 speed model. Automatic one looks the same, except the transition is shorter.

I forgot to add. The color of the intake is called something like gun metallic gray.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks sick. Get any of the pricing details down? Or availability date?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sick, it's like a sleeker version of the V2.
any plans for a CL-P version? or is there too little demand
Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't the 6 speed model fit on a CL-P.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
you have a 3 inch restriction at the intake manifold. how is this intake making more power than competitor intakes?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Its not really a restrictor, as its a smooth transtion, and actually can help speed up the flow. Check out the Dyno graph from Brian CL. And this was vs a Comptech Intake

The base dyno ( in blue) was done w/ Comptech Intake. The second dyno (Green) on the chart was done with P2R's intake and TB spacer. The last dyno was done with tweeking of the apexi.

Take note that he gained about 10 ft tq just by putting the intake on with no tuning.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

interested in pricing for both the intake and the TB spacer.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Banned

how much will they cost?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JayT
interested in pricing for both the intake and the TB spacer.

Lets see some pricing???????????????????????
Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Instructor

Unfortunatly I am not a site sponsor, and i can not post any pricing. Your going to have to wait until Monday when Excelerate opens.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

so it will only come as a SRI? the filter in the picture is 3x5, so it's going to taper on both ends where it meets the TB and where it will house the filter on the end? if I will gain an extra 10hp (as shown) over my current CAI intake, I'm in...of course considering the price is within reason.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Damn powder coater.... That intake was mine and was on its way to my house. It would have been dynoed this weekend, had it all set up. Ohh well just want to let you guys know that Sean @ P2R is a stand up guy. He offered to refund my money because the powder coater f#*ked it up. But I choose to wait for another one. When I do get my intake and powerpackage I will be doing a dyno test vs stock and will post up all the results to follow.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
all automatics ave the VSA throttle body... both CL-S and CL-P

only the 6 speeds do not have the second throttle body.

i'd like to see a 3rd party dyno. i'm not understanding how this gains that much more power considering it's basically a short ram with no heat protection.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by CleanCL

i'd like to see a 3rd party dyno. i'm not understanding how this gains that much more power considering it's basically a short ram with no heat protection.

I was thinkin the same, that's why I was asking if it will come only in SRI. and also how much of a benefit the TB spacer offers by itself? is the extra 10hp over the icebox because it was paired with the spacer or is the actual intake itself seeing greater results over the icebox? I know both are yielding the benefits shown but a little more info would be great.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts

Basically this was a dyno of the 4" intake with the Tb spacer and gaskets so it's hard to say what the intake made by itself. The car had a Comptech Icebox and these are the comparative dynos with a P2R 4" intake. What is important though is this is an independent dyno. This wasn't done at P2R; it was just given to them by the tester.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Basically this was a dyno of the 4" intake with the Tb spacer and gaskets so it's hard to say what the intake made by itself. The car had a Comptech Icebox and these are the comparative dynos with a P2R 4" intake. What is important though is this is an independent dyno. This wasn't done at P2R; it was just given to them by the tester.
So how much are you going to charge for this intake?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

so will this possibly be sold as a package (spacer, gasket, intake) or all seperate? cost on everything would be great hopefully soon.... were the gaskets used for heat absorption(same principal as thermoblok)?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah. Sean wasn't even there, it was just my friend, Stephan (sry if that is the wrong spelling) from STP and I there that night.

Camera Phone Video
Old 04-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that's a horrible video.... sorry
Old 04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
that's a horrible video.... sorry
haha exactly why it hasn't been posted before. I left the digital camera at home.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...i got nothing out of that video either. haha
i can't wait to hear it
Old 04-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

can you go back and do a dyno with the comptech icebox + p2r spacer... that would give the most accurate results.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Instructor

can you go back and do a dyno with the comptech icebox + p2r spacer... that would give the most accurate results.
I know for sure that our Spcaer is good for a few extra HP, but its surly not good for a extra 10 HP, and 10 ft tq. So its certain that the intake is making good gains. Also it will not be worth while to dyno the spacer without the intake, as the intake is being made to work with the spacer. Meaning if you have intake without spacer, the intake will not reach the throttle body.

But if you look closly at the dyno. You will see that the intake made a big gain from 4500 rpms up. Meaning the car will feel a lot stronger. Its not just a peak gain; however, a gain throughout your complete RPM band almost.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

no, i think the most accurate comparison dyno would be:

comtpech icebox + throttle body spacer

p2r intake + throttle body spacer

that will show the true gains that the intake alone provides.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Seems interesting, changing out the resonance and volume characteristics on it. It seems that most of the power gains on the dyno come from the AFR leaning out, goes from an average of 12.0 dipping bellow that to an average of low 13 range 13.0-13.25.

Anyone can chime in and coment on this if they want but wouldn't the best compariosn be (neglecting the TB spacer)
-tuned for COmptech intake
-tuned for P2R intake

This was the gains are just from intake alone and not so much the AFR changes, seems that much of those gains could be neglected if the car when running with the COmptech intake at the time was running leaner.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Seems interesting, changing out the resonance and volume characteristics on it. It seems that most of the power gains on the dyno come from the AFR leaning out, goes from an average of 12.0 dipping bellow that to an average of low 13 range 13.0-13.25.

Anyone can chime in and coment on this if they want but wouldn't the best compariosn be (neglecting the TB spacer)
-tuned for COmptech intake
-tuned for P2R intake

This was the gains are just from intake alone and not so much the AFR changes, seems that much of those gains could be neglected if the car when running with the COmptech intake at the time was running leaner.
I hear what you are saying, but the way I understand it such a comparison cannot be made because the p2r intake cannot be installed without the TB spacer.

Therefore, what CleanCL makes the most sense dyno ps2 with TB vs Comptech with TB. Nice product, but I guess I need to see the gains in order to justify replacing the comptech cai.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

damn i think that was the worst video i have ever seen
Old 04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Moodist
I hear what you are saying, but the way I understand it such a comparison cannot be made because the p2r intake cannot be installed without the TB spacer.

Therefore, what CleanCL makes the most sense dyno ps2 with TB vs Comptech with TB. Nice product, but I guess I need to see the gains in order to justify replacing the comptech cai.

i think a dyno vs. an AEM 3" would be better... comptech is a totally different design vs. AEM which is a 3" throughout
Old 04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Originally Posted by sinfulj32
damn i think that was the worst video i have ever seen
Due to the complaining about the video, it has been removed.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rp_guy
i think a dyno vs. an AEM 3" would be better... comptech is a totally different design vs. AEM which is a 3" throughout
the icebox has proven to make more power than the AEM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-S
Due to the complaining about the video, it has been removed.
dont worry it was constuctive criticism

nobody has a ballpark price of the package yet?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no, i think the most accurate comparison dyno would be:

comtpech icebox + throttle body spacer

p2r intake + throttle body spacer

that will show the true gains that the intake alone provides.
well said that wud definately make the most sense.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by poisx7

This however seems very interesting given i wud like to assume comptech went thru some research in their devlopmnt of the cai b4 coming to that final design.
is there nt a limit to the amount of air our TB can suck when the air is nt pressureized as in FI, unless maybe a bored out TB ??

Then the heat Factor ??
Old 04-27-2008, 04:29 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Originally Posted by Moodist

Well regardless of the TB spacer I think the AF ratios should be about same to make a fair comparison of what the intake was able to do over the other. To some extent I understand that if the P2R intake reduces flow restriction more then the Comptech unit and as such the motor recieves more air flow and the AFR on its own gets leaner then thats something to think about as well. But if your going to tune your car then the Comptech unit in that dyno seems to have more potential.

As for installing a P2R intake without a spacer I think its possible just use a longer silicone coupler.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Suzuka Master

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying this doesn't make gains. i have always though that comptech's design form their icebox to the throttle body was not well. i believe 100% that there would be gains to replacing the plastic tubing+flex couples with a smooth pipe. but what do i know, i'm no engineering major and like someone else said they probably did R&D as well. i would like to see this P2R design combined with a pressurized box like the icebox.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Instructor

I was wondering does this intake fit the 2nd gen TL or do you need the 6 speed swap?
also why is it that you made a short ram and not a true cold air intake that goes down into the fenderwell?

I would like to see the dyno of the P2R 4" without spacer on a stock engine stock exhuast and no tune!!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Not much

Damn you guys are whiny little b!%@#*...

Seriously though, he comes here with a new product for us and all you guys can do is criticize and act like you dont believe him on the gains.

You all should just be grateful that there is someone out there furthering the aftermarket support for the CLS.

Instead of, "nice, thanks for the dyno graphs, I'd love one of these...", you guys are all like "bs, lets see it on another dyno...", "the spacers must have made most those gains...", "blah, blah, f-ing blah..."

I mean, he went above and beyond providing those 3rd party dyno graphs, he didn't have to do that, or give us a sneak peak at a great new part, or even make a new part with great gains for a vehicle that hasn't been made for 6 model years...

BE A LITTLE GRATEFUL! (How many of you have been wishing for another option besides AEM Cold Air and the Icebox??? I know I have!)

If I was this guy, I wouldn't sell any of you haters this product even when you find out the gains are incredible for a bolt-on intake....

What happened to being stoked about someone custom fabricating a new part that you can bolt on (albeit with the spacers) for a 10whp 10ftlb gain over a Comptech part??? Seriously, I might be going off on this one, but you guys need to think about what makes you guys respond to such good news with such skepticism....

Oh yeah, I'd love one of these! Nice job man! Nice to see someone making new parts for a discontinued car. ANY aftermarket support for the CL is great to see (as well as gains over current mods).

Can we get pricing on this soon??? (I'd like the intake and spacers)

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 03CLS6MT
Seriously though, he comes here with a new product for us and all you guys can do is criticize and act like you dont believe him on the gains.

You all should just be grateful that there is someone out there furthering the aftermarket support for the CLS.

Instead of, "nice, thanks for the dyno graphs, I'd love one of these...", you guys are all like "bs, lets see it on another dyno...", "the spacers must have made most those gains...", "blah, blah, f-ing blah..."

I mean, he went above and beyond providing those 3rd party dyno graphs, he didn't have to do that, or give us a sneak peak at a great new part, or even make a new part with great gains for a vehicle that hasn't been made for 6 model years...

BE A LITTLE GRATEFUL! (How many of you have been wishing for another option besides AEM Cold Air and the Icebox??? I know I have!)

If I was this guy, I wouldn't sell any of you haters this product even when you find out the gains are incredible for a bolt-on intake....

What happened to being stoked about someone custom fabricating a new part that you can bolt on (albeit with the spacers) for a 10whp 10ftlb gain over a Comptech part??? Seriously, I might be going off on this one, but you guys need to think about what makes you guys respond to such good news with such skepticism....

Oh yeah, I'd love one of these! Nice job man! Nice to see someone making new parts for a discontinued car. ANY aftermarket support for the CL is great to see (as well as gains over current mods).

Thanks!

who's gonna spend money on a product that has no gains? while you might have money to waste on mods giving 0hp, many of us certainly don't. p2r's products are proven, such as the power plenums, but even then, it's maybe 10hp..

many of us already have aftermarket intakes, in AEM or CT or whoever, so why should we spend more money to upgrade something that's already there? and have negligible results?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by 03CLS6MT

Thanks!

it's called doing research before you purchase a product. Nothing was said to be malicious or in any way to "hate" on the intake. it's simple questions as to what is producing the gains shown, why, how, is it gonna be available as a CAI or just a SRI, TB spacer, etc.? I don't know about you but I don't just look at any new aftermarket upgrade and say oh cool it gives an extra 10hp I'll take it no questions asked. Take it easy bro, this is a forum of course people are gonna ask questions and want to better understand the product...just trying to get as much info as possible before pulling the trigger and dropping a couple bills on a new product. Much respect to P2R for pushing aftermarket support for our cars. It looks promising and more info is all everyone is asking for.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Not much

Sorry if I came off like that... but that still doesn't change the fact that he provided dyno sheets for this and that it wasn't "well, I'm interested in this product, sounds great, but could you better explain how these gains come about"... I mean, he's already provided you with more info than AEM or Comptech provides and half of us have one of those.... right? I mean, this product isn't available yet even... come on

and if you couldn't read, about a third of these posts have something to do with doubting a product that hasen't even been released yet and almost another third do the same if you can read within context and make simple inferences...

i understand what you're saying man, just people on here could use some people skills and learn how to convey contructive criticism and ask questions in a nicer manner, one more conducive to getting results even

sorry if i come off like I'm whining about your whining, was just trying to give everyone something to think about....

as far as this goes...

"who's gonna spend money on a product that has no gains? while you might have money to waste on mods giving 0hp, many of us certainly don't. p2r's products are proven, such as the power plenums, but even then, it's maybe 10hp..

many of us already have aftermarket intakes, in AEM or CT or whoever, so why should we spend more money to upgrade something that's already there? and have negligible results?"

... I dont know if I can even reply to this one....

Have you even read this thread??? noones asking you to spend money right now, are they? I have no money to waste, but with p2r's rep and proven gains (I've read all about on this site) why would you even question it? I'm sure someone will buy one and give full dyno results after they are released... also, did you not see the dyno chart or any of their replies??? did you not see the improvement over the CT, which is proven to give better gains then they AEM??? is 10hp and 10ftlb over a CT Icebox (even if it is with spacers, which IT IS MADE FOR USE WITH) negligable??? ESPECIALLY for a bolt-on? What kind of 50hp 50ftlb bolt-ons are you using??? 10ftlb out of a honda engine is a miracle for a bolt-on...

Anyways, back to the topic...

I'm stoked for this product and glad to see a new part for my car!
Hope we get some more info. and pricing soon...

Quick Reply: P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!