P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03CLS6MT
Sorry if I came off like that... but that still doesn't change the fact that he provided dyno sheets for this and that it wasn't "well, I'm interested in this product, sounds great, but could you better explain how these gains come about"... I mean, he's already provided you with more info than AEM or Comptech provides and half of us have one of those.... right? I mean, this product isn't available yet even... come on

and if you couldn't read, about a third of these posts have something to do with doubting a product that hasen't even been released yet and almost another third do the same if you can read within context and make simple inferences...

i understand what you're saying man, just people on here could use some people skills and learn how to convey contructive criticism and ask questions in a nicer manner, one more conducive to getting results even

sorry if i come off like I'm whining about your whining, was just trying to give everyone something to think about....
wasn't whining lol =).... right on bro and that's exactly what this forum is for, and I agree with you sometimes on the manner of how questions are asked. On this forum people get right to it, no beating around the bush sometimes neglecting the initial thanks and great to see a new product.... back on topic, However I would be interested in seeing this in CAI, makes sense to see this with an already great gain further improved from a SR to a CAI, at least a remedy for some heat issues and maybe something like thermoblok for heat absorption or was the gasket used acting as that? in anycase as you said, will await more info and pricing
Old 04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, some of you guys are asking for a bit much. Remember this dyno was done at a 3rd party shop, without anyone from P2R being present. The last dyno we did on the plenums, we had people saying that maybe we modify our dyno to show higher gains than expected. So we had Brian pick up this intake and spacer, and go to someone else shop and dyno, then install and dyno again.

Someone said that they would like to see the dyno graphs of both the comptech ice box and our intake Air Fuel ratio's tuned. Why do you think the the first graph with our intake installed made the air fuel ratio lean out the car some? That clearly shows that the car is breathing in a lot more air. Remember blue is untuned comptech, and green is untuned P2R. That alone shows the amount of air difference the engine is getting from the intake.

Now some of you are asking for us to do millions of dyno's. We don’t have AEM intake sitting around, and comptech intake sitting around, etc for us to do comparisons against. Plus people will not like their cars to be going through that many dyno runs just for us to do test. Most companies only provide you with a dyno graph vs stock, and everyone is fine with that. If i would of provided a dyno grah of the P2R intake vs the stock intake. There would have been a huge difference in power.

And don't forget we do a lot of R & D on these engines, so it’s not like we are just making parts and guessing or hoping they will make power. Remember when we first came out with the Plenums we told all of you that this is a product that was designed for our race car. Which currently the engine is making over 300 HP Naturally Aspirated (Can't give u much details on it )

O yeah I think someone asked if the intake goes down into the fender well. Yes it does, but it does not sit low. Intake just gets through the little hole, then the filter is right there. Can actually be installed without taking off bumper.

I hope I answered most questions. If I missed any, just ask again and I will answer. Tough to answer to many questions at once . Especially on a Sunday when i am not even at the shop.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

03cls6mt is right.

*waiting for prices*
Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Also i dont think you would classify this intake as a short ram since its sits in the fender well.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by PowerRev
Also i dont think you would classify this intake as a short ram since its sits in the fender well.

just from the pic posted initially it looked like it would sit in the engine bay. I searched the thread with the test intake and at least from what i see in the pic sits in the fender well... thanks...just awaiting a price then.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Not much

Please give us some prices...

Thanks for the info! Keep us updated. Prices on Monday???

When will these be available for purchase? Also, what size is that filter in the picture?

Thanks again!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by 03CLS6MT
Thanks for the info! Keep us updated. Prices on Monday???

When will these be available for purchase? Also, what size is that filter in the picture?

Thanks again!
I believe excelerate is suppose to release prices and availability on monday.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i don't think i'm asking for much, nor am i being 'whiny'.

a dyno was posted on here that does not reflect what the intake makes. plain and simple.

i will wait for pricing and maybe someone else to dyno to see if i purchase this.

thanks for making parts for our car.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A better picture of where the intake reaches down to.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
looks like it uses the velocity stack principle.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Someone said that they would like to see the dyno graphs of both the comptech ice box and our intake Air Fuel ratio's tuned. Why do you think the the first graph with our intake installed made the air fuel ratio lean out the car some? That clearly shows that the car is breathing in a lot more air. Remember blue is untuned comptech, and green is untuned P2R. That alone shows the amount of air difference the engine is getting from the intake.
True I agree with that, and already mentioned earlier in one of my posts that it probably flows better hence the car leaning out.

But you can't really tune the new AFR much while the Comptech unit you can. Just pointing out that the difference in overall power potential isn't as great as the dyno makes it out to be, even though your intake by all means should perform better. Its understood that Comptech made some compromises in order to make the intake quieter. Just saying that if I can tune the J32A2 with the IMRC valve disabled to make similar power if not the same as before I think it says a lot for how much tuning can make up for.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 AM
Advance

Without reading any of the replies, the 10lb tq increase was probably due to the lean mixture caused by the addition of the TB spacer, i'd bet anything in a weeks time you'll see the tq go down to what it was with the comptech once the ECU adjusts.

Than again if you have a NEO you'd most likely keep those gains as you would be able to sustain the leaner mixture.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, some of you guys are asking for a bit much. Remember this dyno was done at a 3rd party shop, without anyone from P2R being present. The last dyno we did on the plenums, we had people saying that maybe we modify our dyno to show higher gains than expected. So we had Brian pick up this intake and spacer, and go to someone else shop and dyno, then install and dyno again.

Now some of you are asking for us to do millions of dyno's. We don’t have AEM intake sitting around, and comptech intake sitting around, etc for us to do comparisons against. Plus people will not like their cars to be going through that many dyno runs just for us to do test. Most companies only provide you with a dyno graph vs stock, and everyone is fine with that. If i would of provided a dyno grah of the P2R intake vs the stock intake. There would have been a huge difference in power.
I personally would be a little more at ease if there was some way you could do a dyno of JUST the intake on a STOCK CL-S/TL-S and then one with the intake plus spacer. This should eleviate some of the questions regarding P2R vs Comptech, AEM and also how much the spacer actually helps. All the dyno sheets are available for a stock CL-S/TL-S with Comptech and AEM intakes, there is no need for you to do that. I think it is great that TCM 01 CL-S is able to be the guniea pig, but his results are going to be different, more than likely higher than say me without your plenums and spacer etc. whether its at your shop or a 3rd party. The best thing would be to get a stock car and dyno just the intake and then intake and spacer, IMO.

I would like to thank you though, for continuing to develop parts for 2nd gen's, I will not speak for the rest but I give you guys a lot of respect for what you do and your efforts to give us new toys to play with.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any new developments.....pricing, availability????
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Unregistered Member

x2
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Former 6 speed crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
x3
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor

I'm hoping to hear some info soon. I've been itching to pull the trigger on an intake, but am holding back. I would have gotten the Icebox already, but I want to do the full run down with P2R current parts list for the CL-S, So I'm holding to see what the end results and figures are going to be on this intake.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,338 Posts
I emailed EXCELERATE weeks ago and am still waiting for an answer.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 05-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I haven't had a chance to put together an official GB but if we get 5 guys together I can do $300 shipped to the cont US.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:37 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
dont quote me on this [and its JUST a gut feeling], but everytime this P2R guy comes into the picture on the forums, it doesn't seem right at all, just reading through his blurts of product knowledge and how some [though LITTLE] things dont add up...

well yeah id never touch anything from the company. Comptech FTMFSOBW!!!!!!! lol
Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
im in. will it fit an 02 tl-s?
1. e30cabro
2. rajca
Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I haven't had a chance to put together an official GB but if we get 5 guys together I can do $300 shipped to the cont US.

When will it be available to ship????? and do you have the P2R Power Plenums & Power Package in stock as well?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
dont quote me on this [and its JUST a gut feeling], but everytime this P2R guy comes into the picture on the forums, it doesn't seem right at all, just reading through his blurts of product knowledge and how some [though LITTLE] things dont add up...

well yeah id never touch anything from the company. Comptech FTMFSOBW!!!!!!! lol
What little things don’t add up? I am not on here to lie to anyone or to make false claims, etc. Why do you think we have been letting people do 3rd party dyno's. If you can point out something to me that doesn’t add up. I will gladly respond to it. I am not on this CL forum to make a living. I am on here to help you guys out and bring some new products out that you all should enjoy. I am also not trying to bash Comptech or even try to be in competition with them for that matter. It just so happens that the 3rd party guy dynoing his CL for us had a Comptech Intake on his car already.

And what do you mean by product knowledge? We are not an inexperienced company who is just guessing and coming out with random product. We have a long history of racing experience. From Karts to Automobiles, we have been racing in it all for years. And we have many trophies and championships to back it up. From AutoX to Endurance Road Races. And we are still currently very active in racing. Just this weekend we entered a 2 hour Enduro at Homestead/Miami SpeedWay, and won our class. We are involved in different track events, a minimum of twice a month.

A lot of you find it hard to trust new companies, but in all reality we are not all that new. The only thing new about us is the fact that we are trying to help out the J series market by bringing out some new product for you guys.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:25 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
sorry i just had to open my big mouth again, but like i said its just a gut reaction.

i do appreciate what your company is doing, but i guess its just not what im looking for personally. why try to remake what has already been done several times for the J series with only similiar results?

well you have your interest, good luck on everything you guys do overthere winning races and all, but if youre gonna help us Jseries guys out, make something new or more powerful...

my gut now is that ive said too much, etc, so all of this can just be ignored.

GO P2R!!! lol
Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

make a cam for our cars
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor

I already make cams, but honestly how many people will really be interested in cams for these engines. I have even made springs and retainers for these engines before. But to release something like that stuff, i need to make multiple sets. I cant just do 1 or 2. Alot of guys on here talk about cams, but how many of you will really buy cams? Also the cams have to be regrinds, otherwise it gets way to expensive unless doing huge quantities.
I even have the specs for pistons & aluminum rods. Which we have made in the past for one of builds. But in all reality not many are actually trying to do extreme mods to the CL.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

how did the cam work out.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Excelerate
thatz for the pair right ????
the spacer + the CAI right..................
Old 05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by poisx7
thatz for the pair right ????
the spacer + the CAI right..................

I would hope so!!!

Doesn't look like a whole lot af R&D went into the intake. Can't imagine why Excelerate would charge that much in a GB for just a intake.

You have proven intakes on the market from the low $200.00 range. And you want $300.00 from us in a GB.

If you can't make a part competative, price wise your not doing us any favors.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Honestly, there are no bolt on's left. As P2R stated you know almost none of us would anty up for cam's or more extream engine mods. Cool to talk about, but reality sets in.
While there are other intakes, The P2R is bigger & has a bump in power compared to others.
And the intake added to other mods "should" produce more net gain in power.

That said......
The dyno I saw of this is in STD not SAE. So to compare they need to be the same setup.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Yeah, I agree, its not like P2R has a couple of J series race cars or anything, what to do they know about building performance parts

Red Text= Sarcasm by the way for those who do not know^^^.

Seriously, though, what more do you guys want? I cannot do all these dynos some of you are asking for, I got shit to do (15+ credit a semester engineering student! and a weekend job) and gas to pay for.

P2R has a great rapport, just look at the 8th gen civic forums, our own 3G TL forum and other forums that use their products, nothing but good things said.

I am sure some of you are silently wondering: No, I am not being paid by P2R in anyway form or shape. I am part of this 2nd Gen CL community and like most of us are looking for new ways to improve this great vehicle. I am more than willing to spend some of my own left over $ and test out some new parts in order to expand our aftermarket options (as well as make my car more fun to drive!).

BTW: The raw material to build the 4" intake is far from cheap and greatly minimizes any profit to be made from this product. You wonder why a 4" intake has not been offered before, it is because it is not a profitable venture for a company to undertake, even on more mass produced vehicles.

-Brian.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-S
Yeah, I agree, its not like P2R has a couple of J series race cars or anything, what to do they know about building performance parts

Red Text= Sarcasm by the way for those who do not know^^^.

Seriously, though, what more do you guys want? I cannot do all these dynos some of you are asking for, I got shit to do (15+ credit a semester engineering student! and a weekend job) and gas to pay for.

P2R has a great rapport, just look at the 8th gen civic forums, our own 3G TL forum and other forums that use their products, nothing but good things said.

I am sure some of you are silently wondering: No, I am not being paid by P2R in anyway form or shape. I am part of this 2nd Gen CL community and like most of us are looking for new ways to improve this great vehicle. I am more than willing to spend some of my own left over $ and test out some new parts in order to expand our aftermarket options (as well as make my car more fun to drive!).

BTW: The raw material to build the 4" intake is far from cheap and greatly minimizes any profit to be made from this product. You wonder why a 4" intake has not been offered before, it is because it is not a profitable venture for a company to undertake, even on more mass produced vehicles.

-Brian.

i agree with u. p2r is doing us a great favour.
I know this is an odd question but what do u think will be a good price range for the TB spacer & p2r CAI combo ?? off course bought as a pair.

Just curious.....
Old 05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Availablity???

Do we have an ETA on when we expect to start seeing these intakes available?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy P2R is making parts and shocked at the attitude of people. Asking for multiple dynos and proof of concept. Try that with a big company you'll get no response at all.

The one I have a problem with is EXCELERATE. They said a month plus ago these would be available soon. Are they referring to a geological timeframe?

Now they have put it on us to come up with five people for a group buy and don't answer peoples questions regarding what 300.00 brings.

I have been patient but will buy a Comptech unless there is some communication soon.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
You guys should also note that this intake is going to be loud. If your looking for quiet your going to want CT.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I am happy P2R is making parts and shocked at the attitude of people. Asking for multiple dynos and proof of concept. Try that with a big company you'll get no response at all.

The one I have a problem with is EXCELERATE. They said a month plus ago these would be available soon. Are they referring to a geological timeframe?

Now they have put it on us to come up with five people for a group buy and don't answer peoples questions regarding what 300.00 brings.

I have been patient but will buy a Comptech unless there is some communication soon.
I would guess that $300.00 includes spacer since it's needed to install the intake. Right?

Excelerate?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
I would guess that $300.00 includes spacer since it's needed to install the intake. Right?

Excelerate?

Yes .................................................. ...........................
Old 05-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
You guys should also note that this intake is going to be loud. If your looking for quiet your going to want CT.
Do u think louder than the AEM in V tech.

Quick Reply: P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!