Order indiglo gauges now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:55 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order indiglo gauges now!!!

Attention all CL owners,

Sorry for the long post, but it is intended to offer as much information as possible.

I'm a member of the acura-tl.com forum. We have ordered reverse indiglo gauges with the OEM Acura TL 2000-2001 specs. These are very nice blue and red reverse indiglo gauge overlays with silver faces. The blue and red indiglo markings will match your stock red gauge needles nicely! These gauges were ordered from HID Vision, a major reseller for 4IG, which is a large manufacturer of gauges and other vehicle accessories. The gauges only cost $80, including delivery.

Given that the gauges on the 00-01 TLs and CLs are similar if not the same, you can also participate in this arrangement. We believe that the gauge mounts should be the same for both cars. I myself have a 2002 Acura TL Type S and ordered two of them.

We need to complete 50 orders in order for HID Vision to deliver the gauges to us. This requirement was part of a special arrangement Nate, one of our forum members made with HID Vision. No one in the industry has these reverse indiglos and no one else will make them at this time. You can call around if you like. Right now our TL Forum members have ordered over 30 sets and we are now in the process of expanding this offer to Acura owners outside of our forum, including the ebay.com community so that we can accelerate the process. Order now before it's too late. Only 50 orders will be taken by HID Vision. Get them in now. We will present the same offer to members of other forums as well.

We don’t have pictures of them yet, but below are some samples from autodynamic.com, who is also a reseler for 4IG. The indiglos we have ordered are similar to the ones below. These were obtained from the autodynamic.com website and have other vehicle specs.

00&up Honda Civic SI Silver Face Gauge

90-91 Honda CRX Silver Face Gauge

98-99 Nissan Maxima Silver Face Gauge

Below is the link to the thred Nate started and in that thread you can find the PayPal button that will allow you to place an order as well as a series of questions and answers that will help you in the decision process. Additionally, below is the ebay auction Nate established.

Order Indiglo Gauges

Ebay Auction

Check the thred for all the details and order via PayPal or ebay soon before it's too late. These gauges look great and are very bright at night and you may regret it if you don't get your order in on time.

If you have any frinds that own TLs or CLs plese let them know ASAP so that they don't miss this great opportunity.

If you have any questions, please list them on the Acura-TL.com forum (thread above) so that all of our memebrs and the people that ordered the indiglo gauges can effectively and collaboratively address them. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Big Ped
WDP/Ebony 2002 TL Type S w/Navi 26 piece wood package and mud guards.

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: Big Ped ]

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: Big Ped ]
Old 07-31-2001, 01:02 AM
Burning Brakes

It looks like the TL-S has the same gauge layout as our CL-S.

Here is the TL-S gauges: http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...0&pagenumber=4

Reading through the posts, looks like they are for the non-s tl, so the redline will show as 6500, and no vsa light.
They do look nice though.

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: fast_daddy_car ]
Old 07-31-2001, 01:20 AM
Pro

Maybe it just me, but I think the reverse indiglos are pointless.

Now if someone could set up full indiglo gauges, like on the GS400..........that i would be willing to pay some money for.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:57 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

When those gauges are unlit, they look liek crap....
Old 07-31-2001, 04:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Quick Silver:
<STRONG>Now if someone could set up full indiglo gauges, like on the GS400..........that i would be willing to pay some money for.</STRONG>
IMO full indiglos = rice city! They are way bright and seem to only say "look at me".

HellaWhat, have you seen them unlit?
Old 07-31-2001, 05:27 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by Nate:
<STRONG>

IMO full indiglos = rice city! They are way bright and seem to only say "look at me".

HellaWhat, have you seen them unlit?</STRONG>
Uhhhhhh......... The pics ae Animated Gifs, they show them unlit..
Old 07-31-2001, 12:54 PM
9th Gear

Folks, full indiglos to me are too much. That's like wearing a colorful outfit to the prom. Just too much. Reverse indiglos, are bright enough and highlight exactly what needs to be highlighted. Sort of like a stylish casual look. Full indiglos are kinda childish to me. Sorry, that's just my opinion. If what you want is a flashlight in your face then these gauges aren't for you. In any case, no one is making gauges for our newer TLs and CLs. So you can wait until someone decides to make them and pay a lot more for them or you can have these badass gauges right now for $80.

If you later sdecide that you want something else, you can always do so and absorb the $80 cost (which is nothing if you ask me) or you can post pictures of them and sell them to one of your forum budies. Not rocket science.

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Big Ped ]
Old 07-31-2001, 12:59 PM
Drifting

So let me get this right. They are NOT for the Type S????
Old 07-31-2001, 01:03 PM
Retired Post Whore

They look whack, do not like it at all!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:19 PM
9th Gear

Originally posted by Infamuz:
<STRONG>They look whack, do not like it at all!</STRONG>
Infamuz, Take into account that the gauges above, are for cheesier cars. The effective way to evaluate the gauges we have ordered is to picture or emagine the way our bad ass stock gauges would look like with the color scheme and indiglo properties displayed above. Yeah, the gauges above are not necessarilly the best thing in the plannet, but then again, they do not directly resemble how our gouges wood look like. Try to picture it man, and then you will make a better assessment. "only $80 dollars, not your savings account."
Old 07-31-2001, 03:47 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Umm ... what's wrong with the current gauge? Why would we change it out? For once, I think the stock part is perfect unlike the "Bose Premium Sound System" with paper-cone speakers
Old 07-31-2001, 03:54 PM
9th Gear

Originally posted by SilverKnight:
<STRONG>Umm ... what's wrong with the current gauge? Why would we change it out? For once, I think the stock part is perfect unlike the "Bose Premium Sound System" with paper-cone speakers </STRONG>
I happen to like the TL-S gauges I have. They are fine. However, I would much rather have indiglo brights and the two tone. It is a modifcation. Just that. And they are easy to install and go right over my stock gauges, which saves me the time of taking the old ones out. I want my gauges indiglo style.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:58 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
<STRONG>

haha, are you serious? man, you have absolutely no clue w/ the difference of rice and elegance.

and yes, he has seen them unlit...they are unlit and lit in the first post
Old 07-31-2001, 04:18 PM
9th Gear

Folks for a better assessment, check this out:
Now emagine these gauges below (TLS), with two tone and indiglo properties like the immage below it. This is how our badass gauges will look like:

[B]this is what the TL-S guages look like.

Imagine them something like this:

Now that's how we are going to kick ass when we get our gauges.

Big Ped
WDP/Ebony TLS W/navi 26 piece wood package and mud guards.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:48 PM
9th Gear

Can a 2000, 2001, or 2002 CL or TL owner please post a picture of their CL/TL Gauges so that we can direcly compare the difference between the TL/CL and TLS/CLS gauges. The only differences I remember noting, based on severla visits to the dealer are the red line and the VSA light. If a picture is not available, can someone confirm the differences. I think an answer to this question would clarify a lot of things and help people make up their minds and help us finalize our orders. Thanks for your help.

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Big Ped ]
Old 07-31-2001, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Sorry, I'm confused. These are for sale on eBay for $80, yet we need 50 orders up front to pay $80 here? Maybe it's just been a long day at work.

I keep seeing the autodynamic.com gauges posted, which I understand are not the gauges that are being sold here, but does autodynamic.com sell the CL/TL gauges that we would be buying?
Old 07-31-2001, 11:03 PM
9th Gear

Originally posted by Huffster:
<STRONG>Sorry, I'm confused. These are for sale on eBay for $80, yet we need 50 orders up front to pay $80 here? Maybe it's just been a long day at work.

I keep seeing the autodynamic.com gauges posted, which I understand are not the gauges that are being sold here, but does autodynamic.com sell the CL/TL gauges that we would be buying?</STRONG>
Let me clarify:

Nate, one of our Acura TL furum memebers made a special arrangement with HID Vision so that they can initiate production of the Indiglo Gauges. As part of the arrangement, we are required to have 50 orders before they would deliver the Gauges. HID Vision is a reseller of gauges for 4IG, the manaufacturer. Autodynamic.com is also a reseller for 4IG. However, the latter is not initiating the production of gauges for us, HID Vision is. We used Autodynamic.com pictures, because they had really cool pictures that give a bit of indication of what our gauges would look like. HID Vision didn't have cool pictures.

Now, no one else is making these gauges or any type of indiglo gauges for the 2000, 2001, or 2002 CL/TL or CLS/TLS models. We were lucky to get this opportunity because of the special arrangement that was made. It costs HID Vision a whole lot of money to have these gauges made, therefore, if they can't be garranteed a certain quantity, they cannot deliver.

There is where the 50 requirement comes from. Moreover, members of our site (TL and TLS owners) have placed over 30 orders already. We are now in the process of finalizing the orders so that we can meet the 50 requirement. We don't get delivery until we get 50. With that said, we oppened up the offer to you wounderful CL owners and the rest of the internet community via ebay.

A PayPaL account was set up to collect the fifty orders. Payments don't come to Nate, me or anyone else, they go straight to HID Vision, once they get fifty $80 payments, they will deliver the Indiglo gauges. Nate sent HID vision the OEM gauges for the 2000/01 TL so that they can initiate production of Reverse Indiglo Gauges with the exact OEM specs. These indiglos should be the same as the originals, with the exception of the indiglo and the two tone milege markings as displayed in the sample diagrams above. Now 4IG is a large manaufacturer that specializes in reproducing gauges and have various resellers in the marketplace. So we feel very confortable about the quality and value we are going to get. Since the 00-02 gauges for CLs/TLs and CLS/TLS are all similar in specs, with just minor cosmetic diferences between the Non-S and S Types, we beleive that the ones we have ordered will fit in all the cars. I own a 02 TLS and I ordered two sets. On this thread, I have included a picture of a 02 TLS so that people can compare the small cosmetic differences. Thus far in the S Types the only difference we have identified is the redline, which is 6900 rather that 6500 on the Non-S and the VSA light. The non-S models have a TCS light instead. The VSA light only comes on for two seconds during the systems check, when you first start the engine. That's why I bought the gauges, because they are badass, shine indiglo bright and they have a sporty two tone color. I can live without the VSA light and four more notches on the redline in order to reap the benefit i'll get with the indiglos.

We beleive that the cosmetic differnces are only in the Type Ss. The CL/TL gauges for the 00,01,02s should be the same. Otherwise, members of our boards would have protested. Therefore, these gauges should fit and look perfect in those cars. Even with the minor cosmetic differences in the Type Ss, these should be right for you. Nate will provide us with a picture of his 01 TL (non-Type S). And we will then be able to effectively and exactly note any dirences between the CL/TL and the CLS/TLS.

I remind you that no one is going to make these gauges for some time. So for $80 dollars, you can have these badass gauges now. If you don't like them or they are not right for you for whatever reason, you can always sell them to a forum budy at the CL or TL sites. Demand for these will greatly increase once we get them and post exact pictures of them. If we had exact pictures of what they are like with our OEM specks, these would have sold out in the first couple of days.

The uncertainty of many of you and many of us is what is hindering this ordering process. It's only $80 and if you don't get in on this, you may regreat it a lot and that hurts. Hurts more than $80 for sure. Remember, our gauges have that digital display thing in the middle that tells the outside temperature, etc. and a glowing red needle that lights up at night. Those two combined with the sporty two tone bright indiglos is a killer. Plus "forget about it" if you have a navi. "That's murder." Our cars already look great in the interior, these gauges would add another delicate touch. Panty wetters for sure. Just the Navi alone in my TLS makes me have to wipe dry my passenger seat.

And that's the whole story. Buy now folks, you won't regret it, and even if you were to regret it for watever reason, it's only $80 that can easily be recouperated by selling them to a forum buddy or even on ebay once you have an exact picture. The lack of a picture is killing us. As I stated in the TL Furum thread that Nate started "the greatest risk is not taking risks at all." Let's do it and add extra badass appeal to our fly cars. Per Marvin Gay or that boxing referee (forget his name) "lets get it on."

Big Ped from NYC
WDP/Ebony TLS w/navi, 26 piece wood package and mud guards
Old 08-01-2001, 02:40 AM
Instructor

The gauges are okay. It would probably look better if all the numerals were blue, instead of this combination blue/red theme. The needles can remain red. This is why I find the Volkswagon gauges very appealing.

The big drawback is that it appears the odometer/temp. meters will remain their original color (light amber/gold) and this doesn't seem to work well with the indiglo blue/red combination. It would appear to clash. What makes the stock gauges more elegant is that the illuminated numerals on the speedometer and tach. match the backlit LCDs of the odometer/temp. meters. I'm all for any modifications that enhance appearance, but this doesn't appear to be a complete solution. Furthermore, the fact that it is designed for the non Type-S models make it less appealing for us Type S owners.

It's funny how the folks at the TL forums appear to be more receptive to these indiglo gauges, as there is much enthusiasm about them. I guess we CL owners have different tastes from the TL folks! ;-)
Old 08-01-2001, 03:00 AM
Race Director

canadian version?
Old 08-01-2001, 03:05 AM
Burning Brakes

I personally don't like the way the red numbers look in daylight in those pics above. Look's pretty good in blue though:

Here are those gauges in full Indiglow:
Old 08-01-2001, 05:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
<STRONG>

OLDIE & NERDIE

First of all, the ones above r ALRIGHT... i dont mind having it but i will not pay for it =D

I will prefer something like GS's,.,,, and i just wanna know if u ever sat in a GS before..
the GS's gauge is just straight up NICE!!!!!!!

I m more than willing to pay $$ for those kind of indiglo (FULL)

Maybe you r just too old for what we are talking about here....

I think the average age on this forum is GOING UP!

we should have a CAR TALK (Age,30-), and a CAR TALK (Age, 30+)....
SOOPA what u think????
Old 08-01-2001, 09:55 AM
Instructor

I don't think they look any better than stock.