OMG HEADERS AND SWAYS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001 | 11:02 PM
Suzuka Master

OMG HEADERS AND SWAYS!!!!

i usually don't type in caps but i have to today.

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
GO GET THE MOFO HEADERS AND SWAYS.

It makes the car really feel like a type S over the regualar car.

YOU ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING!!!!

On the way home I was just gunning my car just took off like no tommrow. I had to stop my self cuz I was going 115/55 weaving in and out of traffic. Man those swayz really work. Couldn't even tell if i was switching lanes. My gosh don't even get me started on the HEADERS. This made me wonder why they didn't put headers from OEM. This car just pulls like a mofo from 2nd to 3rd. WOW. I would love to type up more but I have to watch TV, EAT and answer my 15 IM windows open asking me about headers and swayz.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 01-24-2001 | 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

I get the picture and I'm scared. ;P

Are we going to see you on the TLC channel -- "Hot Pursuits". Just kidding

Let me know when your driving, so I can save some money by not having to join that pursuit notification service!

http://www.pursuitwatch.com/

I'd stick around, but ... I've got to cop some headers...

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ Navi.
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 01-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 01-24-2001).]
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:17 AM
Safety Car

Sigh Sounds awesome!! I wish that they would make sways for the 3.0 98 CL. Crossing my fingers that Tim has good news about sways for me tomorrow!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:27 AM
Pro

Alright...that's it! Gonna have a serious talk with the Mrs. for some Headers funds.

Hope she agrees

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:38 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FDao:
Alright...that's it! Gonna have a serious talk with the Mrs. for some Headers funds.

Hope she agrees

</font>
yo just go get it. she'll never know. seceretly open a new cc card that has a limit of 2000 dollars then go get them installed. only takes about 4 hours she'll never know. hehe.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.

[This message has been edited by NOVAwhiteTypeS (edited 01-24-2001).]
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

You are my new idol.... I've got to get set up before spring. Very

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:50 AM
Pro

NOVA, you lucky bastard!

Seriously, thanx for taking it off my hands. I told you wouldn't regret! VAFC Bro!
Old 01-25-2001 | 12:57 AM
Racer

What is the cost of the headers (cost and cost of install)? What about the headers cost and cost of install? I have the CL-P, is it going to help me as much as the rest of you are talking percentage wise?

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white turning signals & backup lights, eyebrows
Old 01-25-2001 | 01:00 AM
Pro

Nova,

My man, unfortunately we have a joint account . No credit card is going to escape her knowledge. The little Mrs knew my hobby when she married me...she's trying to slow down my habit

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 01-25-2001 | 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator

I love it when I say, "I told you so!"

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
Best 0-60. 6.08 Gtech Pro (Preheaders)

My Car
Old 01-25-2001 | 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator

btw, shift ~6500 when using SS or going from 1->2->D3. The needle just flies up the tach now doesn't it?? Race AC's 540 now bro!

------------------
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint

My Car
Old 01-25-2001 | 03:33 AM
Intermediate

...must resist....must resist....

can't..........resist.........much.........longer ..............going to give.......in.......to the ........dark........side..........

"whatcha doing, dear?"

"Nothing honey, I'm just ummmmm... surfing ..... ummm amazon.com..."

"Is that drool on the keyboard?"

"Of course not....what could I possibly be drooling over on amazon? It's not like they sell headers, sways, and springs on amazon..."

"What are headers, sways, and springs"

"umm..well, it's like...umm...so, honey.... ok seeing as you just saw our W2 for last year, do you think I could go out and blow $2000 on some new toys? or..umm.. actually, some upgrades to a current toy?"

....I gotta think this through better, that's never gonna work....lmao.

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

I wonder if it is possible to put headers on a new car or should ya break the engine in first? Is there a certian number of miles that should be on the engine?

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bonez:
...must resist....must resist....

can't..........resist.........much.........longer ..............going to give.......in.......to the ........dark........side..........

"whatcha doing, dear?"

"Nothing honey, I'm just ummmmm... surfing ..... ummm amazon.com..."

"Is that drool on the keyboard?"

"Of course not....what could I possibly be drooling over on amazon? It's not like they sell headers, sways, and springs on amazon..."

"What are headers, sways, and springs"

"umm..well, it's like...umm...so, honey.... ok seeing as you just saw our W2 for last year, do you think I could go out and blow $2000 on some new toys? or..umm.. actually, some upgrades to a current toy?"

....I gotta think this through better, that's never gonna work....lmao.

</font>
HAHAHA ROFL ROFL ROFL LOLOLOLOL, my coworker's think im physco cuz im laughing at the computer.
And yes mike this morning as I was going to work after I payed my toll I gunned it like usually do so I can get to the far left lane, but today OMG the rpm and speed just flew up to redline as if i had a NOS or somethin. man Vtec ROCKS!! There was no way any one was getting ahead of me now.
I got ahead of everyone from the toll booth and moved all the way to the leftlane flying down the toll road.

HEADERS ! HEADERS! HEADER! ,

"Weeee~ WILLLL~~ Weee ~WILLLLL~~ GET HEA~~~DERS!"

sing it to me babe.

"Weeee~ WILLLL~~ Weee ~WILLLLL~~ GET HEA~~~DERS!"

------------------
CL-S

[This message has been edited by NOVAwhiteTypeS (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old 01-25-2001 | 01:14 PM
Adult Supervision

Okay already. You like the headers and have noticed improvement in the cars acceleration. Now, the facts:

1) Cost = $1000 correct
2) Install = $?
3) Affect on a) warranty, b) emissions, c) other technical considerations
4) Priority of this vs springs vs. sways if you have none of the above and need to plan you attack.
5) address of easy banks to rob

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-25-2001 | 01:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Okay already. You like the headers and have noticed improvement in the cars acceleration. Now, the facts:

1) Cost = $1000 correct
2) Install = $?
4) Priority of this vs springs vs. sways if you have none of the above and need to plan you attack.

</font>
1) Cost: $1015 from Tim at autocarparts.com
2) Install: Varies WIDELY. Anywhere from $140 - $300. I wouldn't pay over $200.
3a) Warranty - No effect unless they can be PROVEN to be the cause of failure of another part. That's the law (Mangusson-Moss Warranty Act)
3b) Emissions - I've heard there can be an affect, but quite frankly, Hondas are so damn clean to begin with I doubt it matters. A friend's '86 Accord with 160K+ still passes EASILY out here in AZ
3c) No other considerations that I'm aware of
4) Priority: Question of speed vs handling. Whatever your preference is. I chose springs/sways first for everyday drivability differences. I can't say I regret that, but considering how often I get on my car, I think I'd be using the headers every day too It's a tossup, IMHO
5) sorry bud... can't help ya there!

Old 01-25-2001 | 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

1) Cost = $1000 correct
2) Install = $?

</font>
1.cost from snook 1015, from comptech over 1100, but for me I got lucky under 1000
2.install 300, again i got hooked up since i was a repeat customer to my local shop. but again 300 sounds resonalbe.
3.i think compech said its still 50 state legal meaing it'll pass all that technical stuff and warranty remember theres that man... act protecting us.
4.it depends do u want looks -> spring , cornering -> sways or just MADDDDD pull -> headers.
5.try some banks in springfield va. our school cop robbed like 5 banks and got caught at the last one. If he just robbed 2 or 3 he would of gotten away. his name was MR.Hand

------------------
CL-S

Old 01-25-2001 | 02:09 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
...his name was MR.Hand
</font>
Thanks, a man who answers questions directly!

That is funny about Mr. Hand. I was, literally just talking about Mr. Hand and Mr. Spicoli about an hour ago.

"Oh, I can fix it. My dad has the ultimate toolset. I can fix anything..." name that movie!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-25-2001 | 02:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

"Oh, I can fix it. My dad has the ultimate toolset. I can fix anything..." name that movie!

</font>

LOL... a classic from 1982
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Old 01-25-2001 | 02:19 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

That movie was without doubt the school classic of the decade....until Ferris' Bueller's Day Off came on the scene...

dee

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 01-25-2001 | 03:48 PM
Instructor

NOVA i am in va what shop did you go to to have your headers and sways put on. and which one should I get first.????

------------------
2K1 CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,35%
Old 01-25-2001 | 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jonny Blaze:
NOVA i am in va what shop did you go to to have your headers and sways put on. and which one should I get first.????

</font>

VERTEX 703-883-0403

ask for steve he's the owner.

Tell him Joe w/ the White CLS sent ya. He promised to hook everyone up from this fourm.

------------------
CL-S

Old 01-25-2001 | 09:42 PM
Racer

Headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers,
got to have em got to have em got to have em got to have em.............stop coming to this site, stop coming to this site stop coming to this site................. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

------------------
CL-S Sundance Gold, TR Typhoon Wheels, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570
Old 01-25-2001 | 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Guys, while I love my headers and would buy again 50x's over, but I want to keep things in perspective. They don't snap your head back or slam your stomach back against the seat. There is a marked improvement and the cars feels much fast but it's not like adding a turbo. My $1.02.

------------------
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint

My Car
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike:
Guys, while I love my headers and would buy again 50x's over, but I want to keep things in perspective. They don't snap your head back or slam your stomach back against the seat. There is a marked improvement and the cars feels much fast but it's not like adding a turbo. My $1.02.

</font>
Do I sense buyer's remorse here? (Just kidding). If I don't break the sound barrier, I promise I will not start stalking you...

BTW -- what is your address, birth date, and SSN.

------------------
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:11 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bc01cls:
Headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers headers,
got to have em got to have em got to have em got to have em.............stop coming to this site, stop coming to this site stop coming to this site................. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

</font>

Funny I was just thinking that after I cameback home yesturday. I think comptech really owes both cl and tl fourms some loot. This is a total comptech advertisement site. I know thay made a shit load of money from people off cl/tl fourm. I would of never bought sways or headers if it wasn't for this site.

------------------
CL-S

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:11 PM
Suzuka Master

</font>

Funny I was just thinking that after I cameback home yesturday. I think comptech really owes both cl and tl fourms some loot. This is a total comptech advertisement site. I know thay made a shit load of money from people off cl/tl fourm.

------------------
CL-S

Old 01-25-2001 | 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

I'd be happy if they repaid us by making a SC! Are you listening Comptech???

------------------
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint

My Car
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Watch it buddy, I'm still the Nazi mod!! LOL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Do I sense buyer's remorse here? (Just kidding). If I don't break the sound barrier, I promise I will not start stalking you...

BTW -- what is your address, birth date, and SSN.

</font>

------------------
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint

My Car
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:13 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

</font>

That's one of the funniest posts I've ever read!!!! I think we have all felt this way a few times before. I'm just glad to hear the CAI is still a few months away!!!

------------------
Black/black CL Type S Comptech springs, headers. Soon to have Konis and Comptech sway bars. PIAA 19169, Solaris high beams. Potenza RE730's 225/45/ZR17
...And I wonder where my money goes!
Old 01-25-2001 | 11:21 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JZ:

That's one of the funniest posts I've ever read!!!! I think we have all felt this way a few times before. I'm just glad to hear the CAI is still a few months away!!!

</font>
Oh god -- Comptech Anonymous: Meeting every Monday thru Friday 9AM - 11PM.

Then many years later: Comptech Withdrawal -- I just can't go on. I need help, call 911.

------------------
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*