Ok I got 2 big problems, I think???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 05:27 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I got 2 big problems, I think???

First off, the car at idle is very loud with the AC on(which hit always is down here.) It makes a click noise and it is annoying, what should I do? Is this common? Should I just bring it to the dealer, or is there a self-fix?

Second, when I go in reverse it makes a clanking noise and then right before I turn the wheel it feels like it jolts forward. Could I be having tranny problems already (only 3553 miles.) Should I just let the dealer know about these problems? I rather see what you guys think and what I can do, but if not I'll go to them. Thanks, Anthony.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:59 AM
Advanced

Go straight to the dealer. Don't even bother with it.
Old 08-28-2001, 02:40 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
My car sounds really loud at Idle too, with the A/C on. I took it to the dealer but they couldn't replicate the problem. I think it is because of the K&N filter i'm using??????
Old 08-28-2001, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by pgatour1:
<STRONG>

Second, when I go in reverse it makes a clanking noise and then right before I turn the wheel it feels like it jolts forward. Could I be having tranny problems already (only 3553 miles.) Should I just let the dealer know about these problems? I rather see what you guys think and what I can do, but if not I'll go to them. Thanks, Anthony. </STRONG>
When my car is cold and I shift into reverse from park, the transmission engages with a big jolt...it's very unluxurious and embarassing when passengers get in the car and comment "oh nice car!" and then when the transmission does that they're all "what the f*@#???" This is just the latest in my transmission woes.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by pgatour1:
<STRONG>First off, the car at idle is very loud with the AC on(which hit always is down here.) It makes a click noise and it is annoying, what should I do? Is this common? Should I just bring it to the dealer, or is there a self-fix?

Second, when I go in reverse it makes a clanking noise and then right before I turn the wheel it feels like it jolts forward. Could I be having tranny problems already (only 3553 miles.) Should I just let the dealer know about these problems? I rather see what you guys think and what I can do, but if not I'll go to them. Thanks, Anthony. </STRONG>
Take it to the dealer!!!! That's what mine was doing a day before the tranny took a shit!!!!
Don't wait until you are stuck in the side of the road, like I was in Las Vegas.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:08 PM
God
GOD Of ACURA-CL.COM

Ok with the clicking noise i think everyone here has it ....I'm not sure but it sounds like it and someone told me that it's doing that b/c all the belts are just getting worn in and its fine ..b/c when i had the car brand new it didn't make that kinda noise ..that click click click . Now what about the car jumping a little bit when ur sitting a red light and u have ur foot on the brakes and the car kinda jumps an inch or so ...wtf does everyone else have the same kind of problems ?
Old 08-28-2001, 05:27 PM
aka davo-tsx

Are you sure it's not the electric fans that are making the noise when the A/C is on. They will cut on and off when the A/C is on and as hot as it's been, they probably run alot if the car is idling.

I also had the clunk in reverse but after having my 15k service last week it has gone. It used to happen when the car was first started and I put it into reverse. I think maybe the transmission fluid hasn't warmed up and it made the noise.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I hate waiting in drive thrus becauseof this reason!! my car idle completely drowns out my CAI's hissing Also the clicking and loud idle are magnified by the wall next to me and worse there are plenty of people around to listen to it. Arrgh!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:45 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by silverstarr:
<STRONG>

When my car is cold and I shift into reverse from park, the transmission engages with a big jolt...it's very unluxurious and embarassing when passengers get in the car and comment "oh nice car!" and then when the transmission does that they're all "what the f*@#???" This is just the latest in my transmission woes.</STRONG>
remember a cold start, (and it doesn't have to be 20 below out) will have a slightly higher idle while in and will naturally engage more abruptly - you can have it checked though as this is only a speculation if it is indeed "normal" however i cannot tell that over the net, take it in, leave it overnight and have the dealer start it cold
Old 08-28-2001, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by God:
<STRONG>Ok with the clicking noise i think everyone here has it ....I'm not sure but it sounds like it and someone told me that it's doing that b/c all the belts are just getting worn in and its fine ..b/c when i had the car brand new it didn't make that kinda noise ..that click click click . Now what about the car jumping a little bit when ur sitting a red light and u have ur foot on the brakes and the car kinda jumps an inch or so ...wtf does everyone else have the same kind of problems ?</STRONG>
As far as the car jumping a little bit at the red lights, I think you are feeling the fan motor coming on. I wondered this same thing, but now I'm pretty sure it coincides with the fan motors coming on as the engine heats up hotter from sitting. I guess the kick of the motor first coming on, is a slight draw on the engine which slightly raises RPM's. Am I totally off the mark here, or does that sound possible? I'm not really an expert.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by acura_service:
<STRONG>

remember a cold start, (and it doesn't have to be 20 below out) will have a slightly higher idle while in and will naturally engage more abruptly - you can have it checked though as this is only a speculation if it is indeed "normal" however i cannot tell that over the net, take it in, leave it overnight and have the dealer start it cold</STRONG>
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if it continues to do this. I understand it would engage a little more rough when cold, but the jolting action seems very excessive, considering that the car never did this before when I first bought it in the winter. The mornings here in Southern California have been pretty warm.