new problems with my car ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 08:07 PM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new problems with my car ...

Anybody else have these two problems:

1. I always leave my lights on. When I walk away from my car after I shut it off, I always press the button twice, so that I hear the little beep, so the alarm is sent. When I return to the car, and unlock it, the lights USUALLY turn right back on. I've noticed somtimes that they do not turn on, but that the turning lights flash. Anybody know why?

2. When I take something out of the back seat, then attempt to return the seat to its spot, it will bog down and stop (almost like if it is hitting somebodys legs), and does not return to the proper spot. Any ideas?

Thanks guys (and gals) ...
Old 01-09-2002, 08:13 PM
'Cooter

Re: new problems with my car ...

Originally posted by fbazakos
Anybody else have these two problems:

1. I always leave my lights on. When I walk away from my car after I shut it off, I always press the button twice, so that I hear the little beep, so the alarm is sent. When I return to the car, and unlock it, the lights USUALLY turn right back on. I've noticed somtimes that they do not turn on, but that the turning lights flash. Anybody know why?

2. When I take something out of the back seat, then attempt to return the seat to its spot, it will bog down and stop (almost like if it is hitting somebodys legs), and does not return to the proper spot. Any ideas?

Thanks guys (and gals) ...
i've had issue #2 before...happens every now and then...sometimes it's cuz i moved the seat recently

as far as issue #1 goes, hmmm do u open the door after unlocking?? if u do, do the lights THEN turn on??? perhaps there's something u have set in the car preventing the lights from turning on...just like the power mirror setting prevents u from setting Memory seats...perhaps the battery is low and the car is conserving power???
Old 01-09-2002, 08:15 PM
'Cooter

lemme expand a bit on Issue #2...when i click on Memory1, the seat adjusts every so slightly, so that tells me the seat did not retract to its original position...is that kinda what u're experiencing???
Old 01-09-2002, 08:18 PM

issue 2

i've had the problem with the seat. It would bog down and also make a strange noise. Take it in for service. They replaced the seat tracks for me. It fixed the problem!
Old 01-09-2002, 08:20 PM

i've had #1. Actually it still does it once in a while. Sometimes when i press the unlock key, light will go on and stay on. Sometimes it'll go on and off again.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:24 PM
on bin laden

Ok let me rephrase a bit.

1. The door is closed. Just walking up to the car. It seems arbitrary that the headlights dont turn on every once in a while.

2. I dont move the seat, unless I lift the handle to get into the back seat. So this is occuring when I push the seat back (and it locks into the recline position) then it slides back. Soemtimes it doesnt slide all the way back.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: new problems with my car ...

2. When I take something out of the back seat, then attempt to return the seat to its spot, it will bog down and stop (almost like if it is hitting somebodys legs), and does not return to the proper spot.
I don't always have my seat return properly; I chalk it up to chance. But my wife's BMW always returns back fine regardless of the obstruction.

I destroyed a newly bought ceramic pot when the seat went back to an auto setting and I did not know she put the pot back there. I watched in my own horror as the seat contacted the pot. As I reached for the buttons the pot blew apart. Not a fun experience...
Old 01-09-2002, 08:34 PM
4th Gear

Ok let me rephrase a bit.

1. The door is closed. Just walking up to the car. It seems arbitrary that the headlights dont turn on every once in a while.

2. I dont move the seat, unless I lift the handle to get into the back seat. So this is occuring when I push the seat back (and it locks into the recline position) then it slides back. Soemtimes it doesnt slide all the way back.
if you sit down in the seat before it finishes moving, i've noticed that in my car it stops also