new car same name PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:55 PM
Suzuka Master

new car same name PLEASE READ

Salutations!

First of all, I want to say whats up to any 6 gen accord v6 owners on this board and to any ex-members of the superhonda.org and accordv6.com web boards

bye bye accord v6

hello 02 satin silver acura cl-s with navi

I really wanted to get the Agean blue but there was only one in texas and it was sold 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

Got her last tuesday and some when hit her on thursday in a parking lot. Now the car is in the shop with less than 100 miles. going to replace right fender and front bumper

This incident is "bitter sweet" because I just got the car off the truck but she got banged up a couple days later. I feel so bad but i keep telling myself that it could have been worse...

I just wanted to make a few comments about this board

#1 superhonda.org was great. Learned a lot about the accord and the members were pretty cool.

#2 I was going to get a tl but when i visited the acura-tl board i didnt like the members, and since "you guys" had pretty good discussions, so all in all you all convinced me to get a cl-s

#3 I've read a lot of discussion about the comptech supercharger for the cl. I just wanted to point out some things. THERE WOULD BE NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE CL IF IT WASNT FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE superhonda.org accord v6 team. Socalv6, momoney and many others help petition and literaly pushed comptech into making a s\c for the j30-j32 motor.

#4 THERE WILL BE NO 6-SPEED for the cl-s. Didnt give it to the accord wont give it to the cl.

#5 Please respect the 6 gen accord v6. The cl-s reminds me so much of my accord, and they are not distant cousins, they are the guinea pig for the cl. THE CL IS NOT THE ONLY HONDA/ACURA WITH TRANNY PROBLEMS. A lot of accords are having tranny problems as well!!!

sorry if my first post is too negative or offensive. I just had to let yall know the truth...

sidemarker
Old 11-26-2001 | 12:13 AM
Goldmember

welcome

No that stuff is helpful. What did Holda dealers do with the tranny problems? If you bitch enough, did they fix it for free if under warranty?
Old 11-26-2001 | 12:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Welcome to the boards!! BUT I have a TLS and I live here... so go figure.

Also I agree with everything you said.
Old 11-26-2001 | 03:13 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Welcome to the board Sidemarker. As you can see there are a few of us Accord owners here. I feel for you with you're car being hit because the same thing happened to me last week. I have to take it into the shop this week to get a new front bumper on mine. I hope everything comes out ok on your Cl...good luck.

Old 11-26-2001 | 06:48 AM
Team Owner

Re: new car same name PLEASE READ

Originally posted by sidemarker
#4 THERE WILL BE NO 6-SPEED for the cl-s. Didnt give it to the accord wont give it to the cl.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and keeping the faith.

Oh yea....WELCOME.

Shawn S
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:56 AM
'Cooter

i hope for your sakes there's gonna b a 6-speed how much would that suk if they change their mind at the 11th hour and not offer one??

Wayne, anything u've heard through the grapevine???
Old 11-26-2001 | 07:17 AM
Senior Moderator

check my sig...i agree with the statement about accord v6 and cl being cousins probably the cl is much like the ACR...however ,the 6mt i think you're off on that one...not only have several memebers drove a proto type,but the vice president said it was coming...so we shall see...welcome aboard.
Old 11-26-2001 | 07:20 AM
Retired. Not available.

Welcome to the board. Where in TX are you?
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:16 AM
The Creator

welcome... one thing though...

there WILL be a 6-spd.
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Hello and welcome!

Two comments on your posts....

1) The TL board isn't that bad. I pretty much live on here, but the TL board isn't as bad as you make it sound and the TL is a great car, so making a decision about a car based on the board is a little strange to me (I mean you could buy a TL-S and stay on here). The problem over there are the newbies. All of the board veterans are really cool.

2) The CL six-speed is almost a reality. Like these guys said, people have driven prototypes of it through Acura invites. Pictures were even posted a while back (early summer '01). I don't think they'd go that far and not do it.... but who knows.....
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:41 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

When I bought my Accord way back when one of the dealers mentioned that a significant reason why they didn't make the Accord V6 into a manual was because it would then be faster than the Prelude at the time and that would take away a lot of sales from the Prelude. I tend to agree with this rationale, as it seems to make some sense. Whether or not that was the reason, I don't know--but I do know that the Prelude is gone so if that was a stumbling stone it is no more.
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:17 AM
Certified Lurker

Welcome to the board. In reguards to the TL board, i post once in a while on both this and the TL board (though i read both almost every day) and there realy not that bad over there, but this board is better Also, who here has tested a CL 6-speed. I never read anything about that...ill have to do a search. But yes i do think, hope, there will be one.
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:18 AM
Retired Post Whore

Welcome to the board! As for the 6 speed CL and TL, it is confirmed that it will be available by next spring.
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:43 AM
Instructor

Dude, the CL-Type S is WAY better then the V6 Accord. And welcome aboard!

Salutations!

First of all, I want to say whats up to any 6 gen accord v6 owners on this board and to any ex-members of the superhonda.org and accordv6.com web boards

bye bye accord v6

hello 02 satin silver acura cl-s with navi

I really wanted to get the Agean blue but there was only one in texas and it was sold 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

Got her last tuesday and some when hit her on thursday in a parking lot. Now the car is in the shop with less than 100 miles. going to replace right fender and front bumper

This incident is "bitter sweet" because I just got the car off the truck but she got banged up a couple days later. I feel so bad but i keep telling myself that it could have been worse...

I just wanted to make a few comments about this board

#1 superhonda.org was great. Learned a lot about the accord and the members were pretty cool.

#2 I was going to get a tl but when i visited the acura-tl board i didnt like the members, and since "you guys" had pretty good discussions, so all in all you all convinced me to get a cl-s

#3 I've read a lot of discussion about the comptech supercharger for the cl. I just wanted to point out some things. THERE WOULD BE NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE CL IF IT WASNT FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE superhonda.org accord v6 team. Socalv6, momoney and many others help petition and literaly pushed comptech into making a s\c for the j30-j32 motor.

#5 Please respect the 6 gen accord v6. The cl-s reminds me so much of my accord, and they are not distant cousins, they are the guinea pig for the cl. THE CL IS NOT THE ONLY HONDA/ACURA WITH TRANNY PROBLEMS. A lot of accords are having tranny problems as well!!!

sorry if my first post is too negative or offensive. I just had to let yall know the truth...

sidemarker
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:27 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

welcome cls newbie...

I too am a newbie and unfortunately I also suffered a minor scratch by a incompetent driver in a parking lot. Within 8 hours of owning my car, I found a scratch on my rear bumper and across part of my rims. Probably from some drunk idiot as I was in a club's parking lot.
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:38 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

most dealers are blowing smoke out their assess. Even they have no idea what they are talking about they will say shit to impress the regular guy/gal buying a car. I was looking at the 3.5 Rl and asked the guy why in the world was it 45k???? With a v6 engine that didn't even produce 250hp? He said well its a quality thing. I said what's the difference between the camery and the RL and he says to me well the RL has real wood.....real wood?????? That shit better have been cut down by Paul Bunyun himself for 45k. Then I asked him about the 6speed CLS and he was like there is NOOOO way that acura would come out with something like that....saying that there isn't a market blah blah blah. PAA excluded.

moral of the story: dealers often know less than we do.
Old 11-26-2001 | 12:47 PM
Banned

With regards to dealers not knowing as much as you might think......you're right on with that one. I bet most of them only know what they've been told and probably don't do a whole lotta research outside of work on their autos. I may be wrong, since I've never sold cars, but I'd imagine that there's a lotta information around this site that I dealer may never have any way of finding out unless he's spent some time around places like this.

As for chikai......that's the number one rule bro'!!!! NEVER park in a club parking lot!!!! Nothing but bottles and drunk chicks swinging open car doors......puking behind/on bumpers and dude's pissing on wheels. Been there done that and NEVER EVER park in a club parking lot if you want your car to stay pristine.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

oops

i didnt mean to be so blunt about the "6 speed manual"

IMHO

I am pretty sure there will be no 6 speed. Dont get me wrong. I would love to have a 6 speed manual. They gave the Legends with type II engines a 6 speed manual.

but face the facts

to market a 6 speed manual would be costly

look at the accord and cl-p or tl-p

the cars are almost identical!!!!!!

honda/acura spent a lot of $$ on R&D for SportShift. I think SS will be on all honda/acura models in the near future.

Trust me I hope for a 6 speed manual!

sidemarker
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the board.
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:16 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Yeah, yeah, yeah, all his shit is well and good, but i want to know who the hell has driven the six-speed? And where the fuck are those pics. They could really help, I am trying to decide to get a new CL or just a differnt car.
Old 11-26-2001 | 08:21 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by TypeSAddict
Yeah, yeah, yeah, all his shit is well and good, but i want to know who the hell has driven the six-speed? And where the fuck are those pics.
I don’t remember ever seeing any pictures, but I do remember several posts about the test drives a few months ago.

I believe they were all California members that were contacted based on sending in their “customer surveys” when they bought their cars.
The test was in California as well.

Shawn S
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:50 PM
Resident DJ

I know that we just discredited most dealers (which I think is fair to do), but there is one guy I trust at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD. Rosenthal just moved into a new showroom/service facility and is very highly regarded in the Acura community (as far as I've heard).

Anyway, he said that a VP at Acura had actually attended the grand opening of their new dealership facility and did what VP's are supposed to do...he gave a speech. In this speech he said that the 6-speed manual CL-S was coming out '02 late spring/early summer and it was going to have 290 hp (not the pawltry 260 we are currently forced to cope with ).

I don't mean to get the rumor mill started, but I'm just repeating what I heard...second-hand, from what I consider to be a mostly reliable source.

If my tranny needs to get replaced, it's going to be VERY difficult to not order one of those 6-speed beasts!!