My worst day ever........

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My worst day ever........

Today is the worst day of my life! I went to Ocean City yesterday and had so much fun. BUT!! on the way back to Virginia, I got two tickets on Highway. Speeding (89 at 65 zone) and didn't have registration with me. Guess what? I'm getting 1 year suspension.
It is horrible!! It's my third time to get suspended. I"m 17 years old, and this Virginia law suspends me all the time!
first suspension was my accident. I totaled my car (2000 accord, flipped over! didn't get hurt though) and got reckless and suspended. Second, speeding 50 at 35 zone and suspended for 90 days. (Under 18 sucks!). it ended about a month ago, and I'm getting 1 year suspension this time!
What am I suppose to do? I"m thinking about going to court (which I don't have to) and explain instead of paying fine and get suspended.
Is there any other way? any way to clean the record?
or I'm going to court (Maryland), which is 2 hours far from here. : (
Old 04-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Easy....Stop speeding
Old 04-10-2004, 05:19 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Re: My worst day ever........

Originally posted by gandatoyou
Today is the worst day of my life! I went to Ocean City yesterday and had so much fun. BUT!! on the way back to Virginia, I got two tickets on Highway. Speeding (89 at 65 zone) and didn't have registration with me. Guess what? I'm getting 1 year suspension.
It is horrible!! It's my third time to get suspended. I"m 17 years old, and this Virginia law suspends me all the time!
first suspension was my accident. I totaled my car (2000 accord, flipped over! didn't get hurt though) and got reckless and suspended. Second, speeding 50 at 35 zone and suspended for 90 days. (Under 18 sucks!). it ended about a month ago, and I'm getting 1 year suspension this time!
What am I suppose to do? I"m thinking about going to court (which I don't have to) and explain instead of paying fine and get suspended.
OWNED!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Racer

I can't control myself! maybe I have to lock the rpm or something : {

and everyone was speeding there! I'm just one unlucky man!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
You put it upon yourself. Slow down and follow rules. There is no way out of the mess you created yourself.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
I am a victim
Old 04-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Racer

Do NOT drive in the fast lane all alone blowing by everyone as that is just what they are waiting for. If you have to speed, follow a pack of cars doing so is your safest bet. They like speeds 20 mph over the limit as the fine is worth their time and trouble. When alone out there, go no more than 10 mph over the limit.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro

Get a lawyer.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:48 PM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: My worst day ever........

Well, you can move to Maryland where they may not "suspend" your license? Don't know, but think of changing states.

One thought, try to get a continuance on your court date in MD for this speeding ticket as long as you can. I was able to postpone a trial for over one year for a MD traffic infraction(s), just passing more before the points hit my license. Maybe if you can get a continuance for more than a year, you won't have a suspended license since you'll be 18/19?? Do some research, maybe worth your time.

You got yourself in a heap of problems, a suspended license sucks, especially for an entire year. Depreciation on your car while you can't drive, and increase in insurance premium.... in the meantime, slow down and be more attentive watching for cops. From reading what you've typed seems like you may be endangering the public w/ your driving habits, which is a very good reason Virginia probably implemented such laws regarding suspensions at your age.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
17 and this is your 3rd time your license is getting suspended?

You need to trade the CL for a geo metro.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Racer

Thanks guys. I'm in a bad mood.
anyway, how to get a continuance the court date?

one more, does Maryland tickets work same as Virginia law? I heard I just pay the fine and lost points, but could avoid the suspension because it's Maryland ticket. (doesn't work as Virginia's underage law)
Old 04-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by phipark
Easy....Stop speeding
Easier said than done. I too am a chronic speeder.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Chaptorial
17 and this is your 3rd time your license is getting suspended?

You need to trade the CL for a geo metro.
Yeah, I think I should................ but so much love with CL!
also had part time job for the mods. (CAI, exhaust, subs, amp, tint, etc). It could be nothing for others but it's priceless to me.
I don't wanna let my loving car go : (
Old 04-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah i feel ya. No amount of tickets would make me trade in my baby.

Detectors are illegal in VA right?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Yeah i feel ya. No amount of tickets would make me trade in my baby.

Detectors are illegal in VA right?
Detectors? for police? I didn't know that exists. anyone got it?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back to my whole Virginia being a commonwealth arguement
Old 04-10-2004, 06:31 PM
DC Cruiser

Thanks guys. I'm in a bad mood.
anyway, how to get a continuance the court date?

one more, does Maryland tickets work same as Virginia law? I heard I just pay the fine and lost points, but could avoid the suspension because it's Maryland ticket. (doesn't work as Virginia's underage law)
When you get a court date, after you submit the paperwork requesting a hearing to contest the ticket, you have the oppurtunity to get a continuance if the date does not work with your schedule. I don't recall how many continuances I recieved before their limit, but think it was about 3 continuances, about 4-6 months between each. I would wait until the week or two prior to the hearing, and call in requesting a continuance (or write, believe I wrote letters requesting such accomodations).

A polic scanner and a concealed radar detector could help warn you of the presence, but nothing substitutes caution cresting hills, rounding corners, and good vision/visibility to scan the horizon for prowlers on the open road. When I was 17 and going to school in Alexandria, I purchased a Beltronics remote radar detector for my Land Rover, and had no problems with police "detecting" my detector with VG2, or visually seeing it. Police Scanners are legal in VA, DC, and MD, and are only illegal in VA if you are using the scanner while committing a felony. Police Scanners are, however, illegal in West Virginia and New York. Below is a picture of my dashtop scanner, and my radar detector "hidden" under the cowl for the speedo/tach (in the picture the display for the radar detector is above the steering wheel, below the cowl). For the radar detector, the radar sensor is in the lower air-dam in the front of the car, and laser sensors are located on the windshield and rear winscreen. Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro

Sorry guys I can't hold back any more.....people like this are the reason why the good responsible drivers have to pay thru the ass for insurance....I hope you have your license taken away for 5 years. :P ( and the friggin' broken english is pissin' me off too :japanese: :chinese:
Old 04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Masshole

Slow the f*ck down, genius. This day won't compare to the crappy day you'll have when you seriously injure yourself or someone else if you keep driving like a schmuck. :shakehd:
Old 04-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

You should really consider what you do when driving, speeding will either kill you or someone else.

Face the consequences and it should help you to slow down next time.

From your track record of getting suspended licenses you might as well not have one.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:04 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
sell ur car and get a geo metro
Old 04-10-2004, 11:38 PM
What, me drive fast?

Detectors? for police? I didn't know that exists. anyone got it?
Heh? Helloooo...is this thing on?

Radar detector.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by anothercls
You should really consider what you do when driving, speeding will either kill you or someone else.

Face the consequences and it should help you to slow down next time.

From your track record of getting suspended licenses you might as well not have one.
Well, I am conflicted by this post because I also speed but I also am relatively careful when I do. Sometimes I speed at bad speeds. This is why I bought a car that got to bad speeds as fast as it does. But somehow, I managed to avoid this type of problem. I am sure that the luck won't last forever. I will assume it is dumb luck. Dumb being the admittedly most important word in that hypothesis. I hope that when he goes to court (yes...go to court) that age will be a factor and not killing anyone will be a factor.

Sorry, I just hate the "don't speed" posts from people that bought really fast cars. As someone posted..."buy a Metro"... if you don't like a car that zips then why get one.

Out of curiousity, the people that say, "don't speed"....did you never speed? Did you never race another car on the highway? "No" is a valid answer...
Old 04-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Miss th 3.0

screw the metro...get a scooter
Old 04-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
Out of curiousity, the people that say, "don't speed"....did you never speed? Did you never race another car on the highway? "No" is a valid answer...
Thus, my admonition to "slow the f*ck down," as opposed to "don't speed."

You and I both know it's possible to pick one's spots to play, without endangering a greater number of folks in the vicinity.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:42 AM
nothing

i laugh when i see people like you speeding down rt 50 thinking theyre not going to get pulled over, its one of the most notorious roads for speed traps on the east coast. NEVER go more than 7mph over in that area, the trooper that pulled me over for doing 63 in a 55 (rt50 right outside of salisbury) said the only cars he looks for are 63 and above. AND he told me to go to court because he never goes unless its serious or he doesnt like the person. but i live in oc for the summers so getting to the courthouse wasnt a hassle.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:18 AM
///M POWER

sorry man, ya just gotaa live and learn..
Old 04-11-2004, 10:45 AM

Re: Re: My worst day ever........

Originally posted by greyjhu
Well, you can move to Maryland where they may not "suspend" your license? Don't know, but think of changing states.

One thought, try to get a continuance on your court date in MD for this speeding ticket as long as you can. I was able to postpone a trial for over one year for a MD traffic infraction(s), just passing more before the points hit my license. Maybe if you can get a continuance for more than a year, you won't have a suspended license since you'll be 18/19?? Do some research, maybe worth your time.

You got yourself in a heap of problems, a suspended license sucks, especially for an entire year. Depreciation on your car while you can't drive, and increase in insurance premium.... in the meantime, slow down and be more attentive watching for cops. From reading what you've typed seems like you may be endangering the public w/ your driving habits, which is a very good reason Virginia probably implemented such laws regarding suspensions at your age.

It doesn't matter how many continuances you get. Thats bullshit dude. Been there tried that.

Also, moving to another state doesn't mean anything. 48/50 states transfer driving records. I've researched all this cuz I have mine suspended now.

Oh, join the club dude. My suspension is up in July.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Starving CLS Driver

Sorry, I just hate the "don't speed" posts from people that bought really fast cars. As someone posted..."buy a Metro"... if you don't like a car that zips then why get one.
True, but i am sure that everyone has speeded at least once in their lifetime if not more. And there is nothing wrong with buying a fast car assuming its someone who is responsible enough to handle it and obey the law and be over the age of 18 (ie an adult). I for one would never allow my kid to have a fast car.
But the point is, being under 17 and getting your licence suspended 3 times now. There is something wrong with that. I agree with the other gentleman who stated that yes, it is becuase of the reckless speeding that the young ones do that really push up the premiums of us older ones. I feel sorry for the one who is paying his ins payments. Its a shame. On top of that, no radar detector and speeding without one, well thats kinda stupid as well. At least have a radar detector, especially on the highway.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
DC Cruiser

Re: Re: Re: My worst day ever........

Originally posted by TypeSKid

It doesn't matter how many continuances you get. Thats bullshit dude. Been there tried that.

Also, moving to another state doesn't mean anything. 48/50 states transfer driving records. I've researched all this cuz I have mine suspended now.

Oh, join the club dude. My suspension is up in July.
Continuances ARE NOT bullshit, can you explain?? In retrospect, it was a good idea that I got continuances, postponing the hearing for more than a year. The officer without question could recall very little of the incident, and I also saved money on my insurance since the infraction hit my insurance when I was 21 instead of 19. At the time I was issued the tickets for Negligent Driving and Speeding, I wrote copious notes regarding the officer's statements at the time of the alleged infraction. My notes were in contrast to what the officer testified in court, allowing the Negligent Driving ticket ($270) to be dismissed, and decreasing my 17mph speeding to only 7mph.

And your comment regarding driving records, yes, I agree that almost every state transfers driving records and associated points.

However, you have missed my point------

Maryland may not have a suspension system like Virginia for "underage," younger drivers. If you get cited in MD for a moving violation and are a MD resident, and found guilty for the offense, they may not penalize the younger, 17 year old driver by suspending their license (like they would for a VA resident w/ VA license for a moving violation).

If you are a DC resident at any age (18+ since DC DMV driving age is 18 in DC at present), you can only have your license suspended by order of a judge if you have attained 8 points on your record for any period of time. After 12 points there is a mand. suspension. You cannot simply have a suspension for any "one" moving violation besides a DUI or hit and run, like speeding or running a red light...

If Gandatoyou moves to DC at age 18, becomes a DC resident w/ a DC driver's license, and then goes before his hearing for this respected ticket, he may not have his license suspended-
Old 04-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I don't know -- three suspensions at 17 years old -- two for speeding and one for a collision (they must have assigned fault to you to suspend you). Sounds like you are the very reason these Virginia laws they are enforcing on you were created.

Common sense would dictate that after a single suspension you'd drive more carefully, but after two suspensions to drive above the limit is ludicrous.

Sounds like a BIG message to grow up and stop driving like the road is for you alone.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

your state laws suck!, i got caught going 90 in a 60 and got the ticket reduced to about 100$ and thats it
Old 04-11-2004, 02:33 PM
still a Masshole

Personally and no offense but it doesn't sound like you should have a CL! Sounds like you are too young/immature. I don't usually like saying shit like this but you've been in an accident already (which you admitted was your fault) and you've had a license suspended three times! Sounds like they are doing you a favor.

Now before you get pissy (or someone else) I am by no means a saint on the road and like Bulldog01 and Blackmagic_CLS do my share of speeding, but you need to realize that you are in the wrong and have been lucky so far not to have killed yourself or others. Be careful and don't be in such a hurry all the time!!! (Now I sound like my wife...FUCK!)
Old 04-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Racer

Well, I know it's my fault and now i regret. But guess it's too late. For now, I just need to find the way to avoid 1 year suspension. anyone knows or has anyone done clearing record? I heard something about clearing in other states, but not here. Anyone knows about it in VA?
Old 04-11-2004, 04:02 PM
2004 Euro Cup Champions

Originally posted by wakeboardfusion
screw the metro...get a scooter

fuck the scooter.

you obviously can't handle this car. speeding lke that, already been in an accident.

if i were your parents, i'd give you a fucking bus pass.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:26 PM

your insurance is gonna be fuct for quite a while, thats crazy that your record is so shitty and so quickly too....

But remember, we all control our own destinies.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Instructor

17 years old?! Did you purchase your CL yourself, or did your parents purchase it for you (and make the payments)? If your parents did all that, that explains it all.

Time and time again it bugs to see "kids" not appreciate what their parents do for them. If you forked over the $30K+ for the vehicle, AND paid your own auto insurance (which most likely is already at least $2000 a year for your age), AND have at least a 3.5 GPA in school, AND paid (or are paying) your own way thru an accredited college or university, I can guarantee that this outcome would've been less dramatic.

If you did purchase your own car, pay your own insurance, and get good grades in school, I commend you. If not, you really need to sit yourself down and set yourself straight.

All in all, things happen for a reason. Only you make the decisions that shape your life. Oh behalf of those of us who do drive responsibly, and have the occasional fun here and there, think twice before you do something drastic. The wrong decision can cost lives, even your own. So whether or not the parents got the car for you, slow down.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Starving CLS Driver

If you forked over the $30K+ for the vehicle, AND paid your own auto insurance, AND have at least a 3.5 GPA in school, AND paid (or are paying) your own way thru an accredited college or university, I can guarantee that this outcome would've been less dramatic.
Hey, you just described my last 9 years (2 degrees) of college life.
And i absolutely agree.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by 6speedctrlfreak
Sorry guys I can't hold back any more.....people like this are the reason why the good responsible drivers have to pay thru the ass for insurance....I hope you have your license taken away for 5 years. :P ( and the friggin' broken english is pissin' me off too :japanese: :chinese:
Nah, he's not the problem. Not at 17....it's the 71 years olds that need to have their license revoked instead. At 17 his reflexes are in tip-top shape and his vision is better than 20/20...he should be given his license back immediately. We need more people like him on the road and less of those red-light-running, 100-mph-driving, driving-with-no-headlights old fogeys whom I drive in fear of everyday.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:37 PM
still a Masshole

Glad we could help you see the light!

Originally posted by kensteele
Nah, he's not the problem. Not at 17....it's the 71 years olds that need to have their license revoked instead. At 17 his reflexes are in tip-top shape and his vision is better than 20/20...he should be given his license back immediately. We need more people like him on the road and less of those red-light-running, 100-mph-driving, driving-with-no-headlights old fogeys whom I drive in fear of everyday.

Quick Reply: My worst day ever........