My worst day ever........

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gandatoyou,

Just a bit of advice from an elder: I too was born with a "need for speed", and after the way that I drove and all the risks that I took at your age I now realize that it is purely by the grace of God that I am alive today. As I gained some wisdom over the years, I did slow down on public roads. However, I still am affected by the disorder (the need for speed, that is) even though I am 2 1/2 times your age. Here is a list of some of the cars that I have owned over the past 10 years: Twin Turbo RX-7 (x2), Supercharged Civic, Integra Type R, Boxster, S2000, 350Z, Supercharged CLS, and most recently, an Evo. I list these cars as evidence that I still love to go fast, turn fast and stop fast. I love the thrill of G-forces!

I have had only 2 speeding tickets over the past 10 years, and no accidents. How now do I do this? I drive carefully and defensively, typically exceeding the speed limits only marginally, and on open roads with limited traffic, etc. Most importantly, however, is that I satisfy my need for speed a few times a year under controlled conditions on track. I strongly encourage and urge you to do the same. On track, you should get driving instruction, and with seat time, your driving skills will significantly improve. This will also make you a much better driver on the public roads as well. Take advantage of all the driving courses you can. No matter how well you drive, you can always improve, and the more you know, the better it gets!

Also Please Remember, the Number One cause of death among young adults in this country is Motor Vehicle Crash. You are in a High risk age group! You will do yourself a big favor to Think long and hard before you Act. I am a physician, and I once had a young man under my care with a life threatening pneumonia. He was very ill, and spent several days in the hospital, not sure whether or not he would survive. After several weeks, he was fully recovered. A few weeks later, he died. How? Motor Vehicle Crash. He is among many of my former patients that have lost their lives in car wrecks. Please be careful, watch where you are going, what you are doing, and look well ahead!

OK, thanks for reading this post - I'll get down off of my soap box now.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Racer

Thank you very much to people who left great meesages for me. I learned a lot and I regret a lot. Anyway, I'm getting suspended for an year. My high school and teenage life ends here, I guess.

However, I need to drive to school. How I do this? restricted license or something? Since I don't go to court for this (I just need to turn my license to dmv), how do I make petition for driving to school and work? and how many days can I make it for working? (I'm working everyday, but I don't think they will let me drive everyday for working, only for school time).
Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Infamous425
sell ur car and get a geo metro
Old 04-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by gandatoyou
However, I need to drive to school. How I do this? restricted license or something? Since I don't go to court for this (I just need to turn my license to dmv), how do I make petition for driving to school and work? and how many days can I make it for working? (I'm working everyday, but I don't think they will let me drive everyday for working, only for school time).
If you’re only in High School, why do you NEED to drive to school?
I know it’s not the “cool” thing to do, but I say take the bus or WALK.
And, if you’re 17 and still in High School and don’t have a car, you don’t need a job.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Suzuka Master

I am sure they won't let you have a license for work or school. They will say you can ride the bus or walk and if you have a job, have your parents take you. The more pissed off they get with you the more the lesson sets in.

It sounds bad, but in the end you will be a better person for it. Just find a girl to take you back and forth to school.

I still have a need to drive fast in my car, I just know where to do it and where not to. I am not the person doing 70mph in a 45mph construction zone where they max the fines to 506$. But I will do 120mph in a 50mph zone on a road where there are few cops (never seen one there, yet).

In a year everything will be good again, also try to take a defensive drivers course when you get your license back, it might help a little with your insurance.

It is not the end of the world...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
No easy way out of it now, just bite your lip and go with it. But for the future, just keep this stuff in mind next time you feel like flooring it. We all speed, just make some compromises, follow a pack like someone else said, you don't have to be out in front, there is no trophy for first place out on the highway.

It is a little weird to see all the people scolding him though, after all he was doing something almost everyone here has done, he just got caught. There is a whole section of this site dedicated to racing, and no one is on there yelling at them, those are the ones more likely to cause accidents. And with regards to the car, it doesn't really matter what you get, any car will do 80mph and be fast enough to get you in trouble.

Bottom line, don't repeat the same mistakes over and over.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:23 AM
mister D

Originally posted by Chopper
Easier said than done. I too am a chronic speeder.
do they have a program for that. lol
Old 04-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Racer

Well, I can't take bus cuz I moved. It's my senior year and I'm just going to the same school. It's about 10 minutes far by car, so I can't walk for that long everyday. And I have to work for the college (my parents don't pay all), so..... I don't know.

They don't take any petition??
Old 04-15-2004, 08:44 AM

Hey, don't feel bad bro. I have a suspended license now and I got pulled over sunday night. NO moving violation, just a driving on suspended. The officer asked why i slowed down when he pulled up next to me and i told him it was because i thought he wanted in my lane.

I was yielding to him.

I'm fuct now. I will most likely lose my license for a year or more.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Masshole

Let me know if you're ever in Massachusetts...I'll be sure to stay the fuck off the road.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:22 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rock2534
It is a little weird to see all the people scolding him though, after all he was doing something almost everyone here has done, he just got caught. There is a whole section of this site dedicated to racing, and no one is on there yelling at them, those are the ones more likely to cause accidents. And with regards to the car, it doesn't really matter what you get, any car will do 80mph and be fast enough to get you in trouble.

Bottom line, don't repeat the same mistakes over and over.
I don't think anyone was really scolding him just telling him to be more responsible. I admitted to speeding. If you read most of the posts many admit to it. No one claims to be a saint here.

We basically said the same thing as you did
Old 04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Banned

DAMN I THOUGHT I HAD BAD LUCK DRIVING, i knew all the tickets were my fault but 3 suspensions by the age of 17 is alil out of control. It is hard to not speed in our cars though. Oh well
Old 04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by ferizzo
I don't think anyone was really scolding him just telling him to be more responsible. I admitted to speeding. If you read most of the posts many admit to it. No one claims to be a saint here.

We basically said the same thing as you did
I did read them all, and yes most people said they did so also, it wasn't directed at any one person. But in general there were a few that made it sound like he was a menace to society.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:06 PM
still a Masshole

Three suspensions with an accident in there...Thats not good. I think most people have been pretty good considering this kid admitting he drives fast and has totaled a car...I was actually surprised no one has really ripped him!

I did read them all, and yes most people said they did so also, it wasn't directed at any one person. But in general there were a few that made it sound like he was a menace to society.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Drifting

I did expect worse myself. The crash did sound bad, don't know the details, but that should serve as a good reminder. I had an accident a few years back that keeps me from repeating the same mistake twice.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
still a Masshole

I did expect worse myself. The crash did sound bad, don't know the details, but that should serve as a good reminder. I had an accident a few years back that keeps me from repeating the same mistake twice.
Me too...
Old 04-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by ferizzo
Me too...
Old 04-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Racer

No one really answered my question... I need help here
Old 04-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by gandatoyou
No one really answered my question... I need help here
:search:

Discount Bus Passes
TAXI service in Virginia
Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Drifting

Since you are looking at such a long suspension, I would say talk to a lawyer from your state who knows the laws, he/she may know how to get around it. You need an expert now, not our opinions. But good luck.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Masshole

...he/she may know how to get around it...
He shouldn't "get around it." I wonder if this cat is gonna learn his lesson, if he doesn't pay a significant price.